You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Fairly infrequent but game-ruining mouse problem
Bottom
Topic Subject:Fairly infrequent but game-ruining mouse problem
Cozza
Mortal
posted 05 March 2019 07:00 PM EDT (US)         
Hello,
I have a small, yet game-breaking problem with my computer mouse when playing Extended Edition. I use an Acer Aspire R14 laptop with a Dell wireless mouse.

SO, what happens is this: I'm playing the game and all is going well, then something happens that brings my computer back to its desktop, such as some form of desktop-related notification (rarely presents problems; usually just appears temporarily on top of the lower-right hand corner of the game and doesn't interrupt), or my laptop's battery goes too low, making the laptop go into sleep for a few seconds, then it wakes up again by itself (much more frequent).

In each of these situations, when I come back to the game, the mouse is now inaccurate. So, I click on a building or unit, but the game actually selects something to the RIGHT of that building or unit. In other words, the game is now unplayable, and I have to apologise to all the other players, press the Windows key and close the game.

Is there anything I can do to prevent the mouse from being inaccurate, or to correct, it, after the laptop suddenly goes into sleep or receives a disruptive notification?

Remember, additional toxotes can be trained from the archery range this is in Extended Edition, if that helps.

[This message has been edited by Cozza (edited 03-05-2019 @ 07:02 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 05 March 2019 09:08 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
Does the resolution in the game options match your screen resolution?

Do you have "Play in Window" checked?

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
nottud
Mortal
posted 06 March 2019 07:32 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Try holding Alt and pressing the return key a couple of times.
Cozza
Mortal
posted 29 March 2019 00:13 AM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
Ok guys,
Thanks for your replies and pardon me for my delayed reply.
I haven;t even come back here in weeks to see if there were any replies : )
I will try the solutions suggested.

Oh, and, no, "play in window" is not checked. Also, why would anyone play the game in a window anyway? It's smaller , and, in my experience, if you do adjust the game's resolution so that it takes up the full screen in windowed mode, you can't actually minimise the window in order to see/access the windows of other programmes while you play (like if you wanted to play the game AND keep an eye on Facebook at the same time), thus defeating the purpose of windowed mode.

[This message has been edited by Cozza (edited 03-29-2019 @ 01:49 AM).]

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames