Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.3 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Winter Effects
Bottom
Topic Subject:Winter Effects
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 10 March 2019 09:42 PM EDT (US)         
Winter

Today I was playing around with God Powers to create a realistic seasonal change. I finally made some progress. Forest Fire God Power has a nice transition effect for trees. I also created snowy rooftops, but I am not sure how they look.

I need ideas for other seasons.

Winter: Snowfall, sound effect, snow drifts, snowy terrain, Darker Lighting
Spring: Flowers, Green Trees, brighter lighting
Summer: Harvest,
Autumn: Orange Tree leaves, leaf decals etc
AuthorReplies:
Yeebaagooon
EXCO Emeritus
posted 10 March 2019 11:59 PM EDT (US)     1 / 3       
The rooftops look great.

______________________________________ Yeebaagooon ______________________________________
____________________ AoMH Seraph ____________________
"I saw the picture and became immediately worried about Yeeb seducing and buying out Zen" - Shanks13
"Yeebaagooon had never seen a more handsome man in all his life. He couldn't control himself, He needed to act. Gripping the mirror in his strong arms he kissed the figure before him..." - Out Reach
AoMH: Unfinished Scenarios|Singleplayer: Codename Ripto 5.0|Multiplayer: Minigames X 4.7|CSC 7
Ex Seraphs Dictator, Spore Heaven Seraph
damaskditager
Mortal
posted 11 March 2019 11:50 AM EDT (US)     2 / 3       
Very nice, but I think adding a bit of dirt to this snow would be better and more real
Izalith
Mortal
(id: Lilitu)
posted 11 March 2019 05:11 PM EDT (US)     3 / 3       
I like it too. I was thinking an improvement may be to make the snow more transparent towards the roof top (like it is partly on the longhouse and market already). But not sure if it will get actually better from this change.

Also there are some non-roof areas around which face the sky too, so some snow sticking there might make it more organic. Like the fence around the temple and longhouse, the forward-guard positions of the hill fort and the stairs at the market. With the stairs the snow could be shoved to the sides to keep the stairs accessable in the center area.

Azarath Metrion Zinthos

Steam: Order of Azarath
Twitch: twitch.tv/orderofazarath
Discord: Azarath @ https://discord.gg/3ENKJeb
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames