You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Modding and Scripting
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.8 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Modding and Scripting » New eyecandy units WIP
Bottom
Topic Subject:New eyecandy units WIP
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 03 January 2019 02:52 PM EDT (US)         
Hey everyone, these are some of the units I am working on at the moment:

I will regularly update this post.

Fire Breathing Statues

Mosaic

These fire breathing statues protect their temple. [It's a duplicate of the Fire Siphon] They can't move.

Ice Sheets
Ice Sheets

These will look nice in my Arctic maps. It is possible to move them around on the surface of the water.

Crows
Crows
A duplicate of the hawk unit. Uses the body of the Gaia Hawk Unit. Screenshot, to be updated.

Mosaics
Mosaic

I am still working on these. I will include more, and I will fix their color.

Mosaic

Explosive Crate

Mosaic
(This crate is just too big lol)

Explosion

It's a box crate that explodes. It's carried by a villager. it can be manually placed. It explodes when the transform button is pressed.SO it's in fact 3 objects. Villager with the box, the placed box, and then the explosion.
If the nearby boxes are damaged they will explode as well. It is possible to create a mass explosion.

Medjay Villagers
Medjay

It uses the Mercenary texture. Special villagers, trained from a very special town center.

Dwarven Forge Items
Prayers
Tarps, barrel, stone, cart. I also included the carved rocks, which has nothing to do with dwarven forge.

Praying Villagers
These villagers never stop praying.
Prayers

Sitting Sphinx
Also included in the above picture, these are similar to the Automaton Statues. They wake up, once something happens.

White Horse
Horse
I modified the Zebra to create this unit. Yes, I know that there is a better one in Aom heaven somewhere.

Aggressive Hippocampus
Bridge

These Hippocampuses attack!

Stone People
Medjay

The screenshot explains it all. These are medusa victims, who are now spending their days as stone statues.

Walking Land Turtle
Medjay

Maybe I should create a flying kraken next?

Garrison Bridge
Bridge

Using the garrison command, you can move your villagers across rivers or canyons. Ships can sail underneath it. Your ulfsarks can build it.

Underwater Light
Medjay

Ideal for your AOM pools.

Magic Tree
Mosaic
This is the Gaia tree without the pool. The pool in the screenshot is a separate object. The temple without the statues, and the light effects are also separate, objects.

Red Carpet
Mosaic

Ideal for your indoor castles, and Hallways.

Hammer Of Thor
Mosaic

I have no idea why no else has ever created something like this before. The flying hammer of Thor Shots ligthning from the sky to your enemies.

[This message has been edited by WinterGod (edited 03-01-2019 @ 11:14 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
XLightningStormL
Mortal
(id: TheBronyKing11)
posted 03 January 2019 08:00 PM EDT (US)     1 / 8       
If you want, I can always just retexture the hawk texture to resemble the crow and you can use that with replacetexture if you need too.

Lead Designer and Producer of Age of Mythology's biggest mod compilation: http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=11038
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 03 January 2019 09:12 PM EDT (US)     2 / 8       
I already created the crow. I am just having some problems with the buildings, for some reason.
Adjudika12
Mortal
posted 10 January 2019 09:17 PM EDT (US)     3 / 8       
The mosaics are simply amazing! Did you do the artwork as well or just get the images and adapt them to the game?
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 10 January 2019 11:56 PM EDT (US)     4 / 8       

Thanks!

I didn't do the art work, but most of those mosaics required heavy amount of photoshopping. I am planning to create a decayed mosaics for the ruined cities as well.
Age of Mythology always needed more city tiles I think.
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 05 February 2019 02:40 PM EDT (US)     5 / 8       

UPDATED!

Coming Soon:

Hippocampus that can attack, Swamp, modified Kronny, and many more revamped, items...
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 05 February 2019 07:19 PM EDT (US)     6 / 8       
Hippocampus that can attack
One of my favorite unused animations.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 01 March 2019 11:29 PM EDT (US)     7 / 8       

UPDATED!

These the most recently created units. If I knew how to use 3D max, I would have created more.

Thing I tried but failed to create:

Bush: I am having problems with mtrl files.
Norse Lighthouse: Tried to replace the colors of the beta trojan lighthouse but couldn't.
Kronny: Tried to make this unit switch between flying and walking but the birth animations were so buggy. It tries to fly up from the underground and the animation cuts midway through.
New Apep: Gave him acid spewing special attack, but the model has no attachpoint in the mouth.
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 02 March 2019 10:22 PM EDT (US)     8 / 8       
Nice to see the anubite statue in true form!

This will help open you up to some new ideas

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,29544,,30

There's tons more of course that are not visible from the anim lists shown in the game, but this is a good start.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames