You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.6 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » AI, RMS Scripting, and Modding » Working bridge, a strange work around
Bottom
Topic Subject:Working bridge, a strange work around
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 09 February 2019 01:42 PM EDT (US)         

Hey everyone, I present you a working bridge, via garrison unit.
Mosaic
Using this bridge, you can garrison your unit inside it, pick a way point on either side of the bridge, and ungarrison your units. Not the most perfect way to create a bridge, but if there is an attachpoint on top of the bridge I might put an idle villager there when someone is garrisoned inside it.
AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 09 February 2019 03:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 6       
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=19,29011,,all

similar

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 09 February 2019 03:28 PM EDT (US)     2 / 6       
oh, I had no idea that it was actually discussed before. But some of that stuff is way above my level of modding capabilities.

Here's an upgraded version.
Mosaic

Actually there is also a work command, it might work similar to farms. It is possible to attach some objects to other objects. Similar to Cyclops throwing people. But it will be impossible to control the direction the villagers have to walk. I guess it is possible but we need a god tier modder.

Garrisoning the units in and out work for me, for now.

[This message has been edited by WinterGod (edited 02-09-2019 @ 03:28 PM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 09 February 2019 03:45 PM EDT (US)     3 / 6       
can boats go under?

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 09 February 2019 04:48 PM EDT (US)     4 / 6       
Yes, boats can go underneath it, and most units can garrison themselves in the bridge. So far it works perfectly. I am planning to use an alternate garrison flag to show an idle villager on the bridge.
nottud
Mortal
posted 10 February 2019 06:52 PM EDT (US)     5 / 6       
An alternative idea could be to cast an underworld passage at both sides and transform them into something suitable allowing 2 way movement without need to manually ungarrison.
WinterGod
Mortal
posted 10 February 2019 08:11 PM EDT (US)     6 / 6       

I am actually fine with manually ungarrisoning. Sky-passages already require quite a bit of micro management.

Mosaic

I added two running villagers to both sides, to create an illusion of a solid bridge.
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames