You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.36 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Must Underrated MU?-Share Opinions
Bottom
Topic Subject:Must Underrated MU?-Share Opinions
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
King of the Norvidians
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 10:57 AM EDT (US)         
Hey all!
Anyway, after playing this great game for a while, I came to the conclusion that the most underated MU is the Battleboar. Why? 720 hp, which is really pretty good for a Heroic age MU. He costs only gold and favor. Even though the favor amount is high, I still think it's a benifit to cost gold, where Thor's dwarves specialize. Cost: 250 gold
30 favor
Population: 4
Hack Damage: 20
Crush Damage: 20
Damage x2 vs Myth units
Damage x0.6 vs Heroes
HP: 720
Hack Armor: 60%
Pierce Armor: 60%
Crush Armor: 80%
Speed: 5.3 meters
Line of sight: 16 meters
Training time: 20 seconds
(Thank you heavengames site for the info)
His hack attack is equal to that of a Mountain Giant! His crush attack isn't too shabby either. But his bucking attack is his prize. Say you are attacked by something such as 3 or 4 fenris wolf broods, who gain attack power in packs, you simply just buck attack them, and that reduces their attack. This and other instances the bucking berserk attack can be really helpful. Now, I believe he is underrated is because when people see his high cost, they shrug him off. Also, many people play Odin and such, more than THor and Loki (from my experience) Any one else agree? Share comments or something
AuthorReplies:
Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 11:09 AM EDT (US)     1 / 36       
I have seen quite a lot of BB's, but maybe thats just in my games. There damn hard to kill too, they do tons of damage really quickly with that kick attack.
GothicRapheal
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 11:17 AM EDT (US)     2 / 36       
Battleboar is not underrated I know clans that love that unit and use it alot.
tomdude102
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 12:36 PM EDT (US)     3 / 36       
I make BB's ASAP, they are so great, I have to agree with you KotN.

Except the metal sounds they make are pretty annoying and the stupid pig sound when they buck is even more annoying!

Official Member of the Heartless Crew.

Heartless_Lich
Toastabal
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 01:03 PM EDT (US)     4 / 36       
they rock! plus if you get them, the gp is also pretty good (it's awesome if you're using hammerships ).
o0darky0o
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 01:12 PM EDT (US)     5 / 36       
bb's r great..but they're not under-rated, lots of ppl use em
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 12 January 2003 01:14 PM EDT (US)     6 / 36       
trolls
everybody keeps saying they are no good, but i love them...
Toastabal
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 01:18 PM EDT (US)     7 / 36       
I used to use trolls as well, but I couldn't find a good use for healing spring except in stalemates, and that rarely happened in classic (atleast for me...). Still think they should take 3 pop though.
nvpc2001
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 01:57 PM EDT (US)     8 / 36       
Trolls are great. I just won my last game because I pump a lot of them. They are really good to use in some game that I don't need TA. I can just spend my wood on Trolls.
but I do agree about their pop should be 3.
INSANE Fanatic
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 02:42 PM EDT (US)     9 / 36       
I rarely use alot of MUs. If I do I only do do when I have lots of spare resources. So in a mediocre game I have about 1 Troll/attack. On a good game I will have 2/attack. But some I use tons. Like MGs I had three in one attack once. Great for just sitting their and absorbing damage whil dishing it out to that TC or Tower.

On the subject:Scorpion Men. They are ok units. If they weren't so ****ing expensive. I never use them as I don't like Nephthys but I never underestimate them.

[Edit]I don't like BBs because of that kick. A Polyphemus was bucked and it landed right among my TrollsI lost the battle because I lost my Trolls because of that BB.

[This message has been edited by INSANE Fanatic (edited 01-12-2003 @ 02:55 PM).]

King of the Norvidians
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 02:50 PM EDT (US)     10 / 36       
It's hysterical to see 10 units come to a battle boar and then all of them getting kicked away, some behind walls, some spread out, etc.
dragons89
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 02:55 PM EDT (US)     11 / 36       
I have'nt seen many people use chimeras or nemean lions.

Give me money, and I might feel generous enough to say something kind.
--My The Ultimate AOK Guide--
--My The Ultimate AOM Guide
WadjetEye111
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 03:27 PM EDT (US)     12 / 36       
For being underrated, I'd have to agree with dragons89. Nemean lions and chimeras are pretty good units, but ones that you don't see too often.

ESO name: Don_Quixote

[color=red] "The whole world's in competiton with itself. The only person you have to be better than is the person you are right now"[/c]
- Col. Sherman T. Potter

Psychic Ostrich
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 04:00 PM EDT (US)     13 / 36       
Chimeras really hurt, luckily Greek dudes forget they rule, is there something wrong with the GP you get with them? I have seen a few Nemeon Lions though not much.
Toastabal
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 04:10 PM EDT (US)     14 / 36       
I hate facing chimeras. I'm just lucky noone uses them
Sir Magus
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 06:39 PM EDT (US)     15 / 36       
I like using Chimeras and Nemean Lions...

I don't see what's wrong with Earthquake, either. That God Power is the reason why I was able to win some games I had played.

Back from a long break, it's Magus!
InsertNameHere
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 07:27 PM EDT (US)     16 / 36       
Chimeras and Chimera Tyrants are the most underrated unit in the game. Tyrants have more attack than Avengers, more hp than hydras, and a special attack that is resemblant of scopians of AoK. And earthquake isnt too shabby either. I think its just because they are outshined by the more impressive Colloseus and that they were really weak in the alpha, predjudicing people about them
DeaconRien
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 07:28 PM EDT (US)     17 / 36       
Definatly the Chimera.

I rarely see one. Very Very rarely...

Zone Name= DeaconRien
Founding Father of the Deacon Empire

"I am the Dragon, before me you tremble"
-Francis Dolarhyde (Red Dragon 2002)

ChandraguptaXII
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 08:01 PM EDT (US)     18 / 36       
I think i'm the only one that uses Chimeras. Artemis is a very effective and usefull goddess, and earthquake is simply amazing. i know its weird but i havn't played a game where the person has used nemean lion though... infact hardly anyone chooses Aphrodite.

Is Aphrodite a greek version of Bast, not Mythologocal,..... i meant as in gameplay. Both are villager+ goddess right? ... oops i meant economical.. lol, both have Felis MU too.

Sir Magus
Mortal
posted 12 January 2003 10:56 PM EDT (US)     19 / 36       
Hey! I use Aphrodite here. I pick Aphrodite for her techs.

They are extremely useful in providing more to my economy and favor generation.

Back from a long break, it's Magus!
kF_Fella
Mortal
posted 13 January 2003 03:18 AM EDT (US)     20 / 36       
I havent even seen how the chimeras look like
Matei
Mortal
posted 13 January 2003 08:18 AM EDT (US)     21 / 36       
Manticores, Chimeras and Nemean Lions seem to be the most underrated to me. You hardly see them.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
SaveroK
Mortal
posted 13 January 2003 10:39 AM EDT (US)     22 / 36       
All norse myth units are great.
I prefer the moutain giant due to his amazing 120 crush attack special attack.
Cain Marko
Mortal
posted 13 January 2003 11:25 AM EDT (US)     23 / 36       
Trolls are the most slept on MU I think...Thing is they gotta be semi massed to be effective..The eat Toxotes alive and are good against villies. Theyre far from useless.
PippinTook
Banned
posted 13 January 2003 11:57 AM EDT (US)     24 / 36       
Scarabs also seems rare... I personally use them and find them pretty good though... they are uber seige tower than doesn't cost gold and don't die to 3 villagers:P however I think their blood attack is just pointless.. 20 damage isn't going to really hurt anything... (espically for the price of dieing for crying out loud...) they should just remove it and make it cheaper or make the blood do like 50 damage... I mean a lot of ppl choose Skemeth too.. of course they are mostly after Sling of the Sun and Bone Bow (both are very very good tech)

I also almost never see anyone use Sphinx...

Personally I think Avenger is overrated though... they have pretty low HP for a mythic age melee MU (600) they have pathing problems too and their special often only hit like 2 unit...

LOL I almost forgot that Chimeria even existed :P or that Lion....

KOP22
Mortal
posted 13 January 2003 12:08 PM EDT (US)     25 / 36       
I think it's hard for a greek player not to pick Hephaestus. I know it is for me. Earthquake is a one use only GP while Plenty is useful for the rest of the game. Not to mention the fact that Colossus is a great MU. Strong and can heal himself.

Centaurs are pretty good MUs. Overlooked too. Very fast when you get the upgrade and they only cost wood and favor.

[This message has been edited by KOP22 (edited 01-13-2003 @ 12:24 PM).]

WadjetEye111
Mortal
posted 13 January 2003 12:43 PM EDT (US)     26 / 36       
I really hear folks knocking on Jormund elvers. They are pretty good MU's when in a group, that and they aren't that expensive.

[color=red] "The whole world's in competiton with itself. The only person you have to be better than is the person you are right now"[/c]
- Col. Sherman T. Potter

jwj442
Mortal
posted 13 January 2003 12:47 PM EDT (US)     27 / 36       
Yeah, jormunds are nice...I think the main reason people think they suck is because they look absolutely pathetic.
FoofmongerX
Mortal
posted 13 January 2003 06:22 PM EDT (US)     28 / 36       
The only reason I would ever call a Jorumnd Sucky is when I have 3+ krakens out.
WadjetEye111
Mortal
posted 13 January 2003 06:29 PM EDT (US)     29 / 36       
Yeah, if you don't have Njord though, elvers are pretty darn good. They just pale in comparison to the kraken.

- Col. Sherman T. Potter

Azarath
Mortal
posted 13 January 2003 08:10 PM EDT (US)     30 / 36       
I haven't seen anyone talk about 23 favor loki frost giants. they freeze individual units for 20seconds and can run down buildings pretty fast. That 20 seconds of no commission is pretty helpful. Another one that i think people underestimate are the erjarer. A great classical unit that beefs up your attacking units up 50% ever 20secs and is good at taking out units/buildings out for only 15 favor.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames