You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.77 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Forum Party Tomorrow! January 18th
Bottom
Topic Subject:Forum Party Tomorrow! January 18th
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Socvazius
CEO
(id: Angel Socrateius)
posted 18 January 2003 02:28 AM EDT (US)         
Same time(6PM EST/11PM GMT), different room, however. The new official AoMH ESO room is Phlegethon. No news yet on the new animation. If anyone has a good transparency animation(or animation that has the same background color as the main news page) on a mounted AoM unit like a Hetairoi, I'd consider it.

See you all there!

Angel Socvazius | Chief Executive Officer, HeavenGames LLC
"As I bit into the nectarine, it had a crisp juiciness about it that was very pleasurable - until I realized it wasn't a nectarine at all, but A HUMAN HEAD!"
HeavenGames | Join the Facebook Group | The HG Blog
Soccy's Periodic Obsession: ROFLCon

[This message has been edited by Angel Socvazius (edited 01-18-2003 @ 02:29 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
RLMA_Gangsta
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 09:44 PM EDT (US)     61 / 77       
had some fun games...not the longlasting supercomeback "whoah" games...but they were all pretty good...i hope everythings ok soccy

anyway...looking forward to next week

EDIT: btw Matei is my hero (those shimo maps are great even though the advertising...not much of a bother for such a good map )

ESO2 name: WalksWithAngels

[This message has been edited by RLMA_Gangsta (edited 01-18-2003 @ 10:01 PM).]

Tonto_Simfish
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 09:44 PM EDT (US)     62 / 77       
HSM, it was a very fun game, and it was also one the first wins that I actually received in a game without being stuck in my base repelling my opponent's attack while my allies crush my enemies from behind. I was defending at first, but I started to gain my edge slowly, and eventually, SeanIRL resigned, but he did put up a very great fight. In fact, me and HSM both thought that the game wasn't going so well for us, for a while.

Battle boars basically were the units which saved me. I really enjoy their fling attack, which flings multiple units.

"Einstein is a fool." - Schrodinger
"The way to chastity is not to struggle with incontinent thoughts but to avert the thoughts by some employment, or by reading, or by meditating on other things, or by conversation. " - Sir Isaac Newton
CC | AoPS | M-W | PF | SSP | OCW | IBS | KCLS | CB
"We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this something, at whatever cost, must be attained" - Marie Curie
"I was taught that the way of progress is neither swift nor easy" - Marie Curie

[This message has been edited by Tonto_Simfish (edited 01-18-2003 @ 09:54 PM).]

Crazyleggz
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 10:14 PM EDT (US)     63 / 77       
I had some awesome games only 3 though... its only 10:13 eastern time... why did everyone leave... oh well
RLMA_Gangsta
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 10:57 PM EDT (US)     64 / 77       
i left because it looked like everyone else did

c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 18 January 2003 11:27 PM EDT (US)     65 / 77       
Tonto_Simfish, you live near me.1 Anyways, I think that the chimeras saved me. Or maybe it was the petroboli. It was a good game though. Was that your first DM?

1Yeah, just thought I'd point that out.

[This message has been edited by Hairy Scary Man (edited 01-18-2003 @ 11:46 PM).]

IooUSAooI
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:36 PM EDT (US)     66 / 77       
Is it still going on or am I too late?

ESO name: Socrates
Tonto_Simfish
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:41 PM EDT (US)     67 / 77       

Quote:

Was that your first DM?

It was actually my third or fourth DM. In the first DM that I can recall in a 1v1 game, I lost pretty badly, although my archers of Hades did do a good job defending for a while. In my second DM game, everyone's handicap was set at +500%, and I won, but I was really only defending my base agaisnt the attacks of another player while my allies eventually crushed my enemies when one of my enemies disconnected, and attacked the player attacking me from behind. This is the third DM game that I can recall, and it was among the funnest and most close games that I've ever had before.

Quote:

Tonto_Simfish, you leave near me.1

Do you mean that I live near you?

"The way to chastity is not to struggle with incontinent thoughts but to avert the thoughts by some employment, or by reading, or by meditating on other things, or by conversation. " - Sir Isaac Newton
"We must believe that we are gifted for something, and that this something, at whatever cost, must be attained" - Marie Curie
c r e e z y
Mortal
posted 18 January 2003 11:47 PM EDT (US)     68 / 77       

Quoted from Tonto_Simfish:

funnest

most fun*

Quoted from Tonto_Simfish:

Do you mean that I live near you?

Edited.

phantom_rider
Mortal
(id: phantom_rider2)
posted 19 January 2003 00:27 AM EDT (US)     69 / 77       
bah, couldn't make it...but if anyone still wants to play, I'm up for a game
Funky_Chicken
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 03:32 AM EDT (US)     70 / 77       
In your regicide scenario, to make it more aokish, change arkantos to either - folstag flag bearer, skult, or old man.

All three of these units can garrison, have no attack, and actually die. Yes I know they don't heal on their own, so possibly you could put a trigger to heal them at a rate of 1 a second (not sure if this is possible)

Doobas
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 06:04 AM EDT (US)     71 / 77       
Had a good 2v2 Death Match at the party. Simfish was on the opposing team so he may be talking about it above. Not sure. I was doing really well, making small gains in my war with the blues. Wouldve eventually defeated him but my partner got beat and then it was 2v1. I aint superman, so i was defeated. But, i did send a group of 10 Gastaphets on a stealth mission after my bases got wiped. Let me tell you, they burnt down 3-4 tc's belonging to simfish. But they eventually got caught.

All in all, it was a good long game. Hope to battle you guys again sometime.

If you want it, You got to believe!
c r e e z y
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 10:30 AM EDT (US)     72 / 77       
Yeah, it was a good game Doobas. Stupid gastraphetes.

Matei
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 11:30 AM EDT (US)     73 / 77       

Quote:

In your regicide scenario, to make it more aokish, change arkantos to either - folstag flag bearer, skult, or old man.
All three of these units can garrison, have no attack, and actually die. Yes I know they don't heal on their own, so possibly you could put a trigger to heal them at a rate of 1 a second (not sure if this is possible)

Unfortunately it's not possible to make them heal, and in AoM there are civs who can't heal their own units at all so I had to make it a healable unit. Still anyone who regularly uses Arkantos in battle is taking a big risk in these maps. The fortress also prevents things like Arkantos rushes because along with the TC it can kill him in no time.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.

[This message has been edited by Matei (edited 01-19-2003 @ 11:32 AM).]

Tonto_Simfish
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 01:19 PM EDT (US)     74 / 77       
For a proper regicide scenario to be played, the "king" whom must survive should be resistant to all god powers. I mean, once you've spotted the king when you've destroyed his fortress, you can simply bolt him and he's gone so easily. Meteor showers on his castle can also kill him easily, and for a proper regicide scenario to be played, a "king" must be both immune to god powers and should be fast.

I also like the fact that you should have a leader for the unit that you must survive. In reality, many great generals have been on the battlefield, and were even cose to being killed. Of course, they provided a morale bonus, but it was a huge risk. For those of you whom know about Cao Cao, you'll certainly know that he had been nearly killed many times, and was only saved by his loayl followers.

Hehe HSM, yes, I know "funnest" is not the proper way to use that word, but at least people understand it, and I don't feel like editing my post right now.

[This message has been edited by Tonto_Simfish (edited 01-19-2003 @ 01:21 PM).]

RLMA_Gangsta
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 01:35 PM EDT (US)     75 / 77       
the whole point is "uh oh he can be bolted" just like in the shimo game i played for the forum party...he frosted my army trying to take his hill fort so as he tried to move his arkantos i frosted it...and i only have 5 seconds or so left on my being frosted...so god powers make the game go sooner...but every god really has its own "easy" kill for the arkantos...but in a 4+ players u can bolt everyone...unless ur all zeus and it becomes bolt wars lol...but then maybe you'll miss lol

anyway...the game is fun with or without gps though they defintely help...and arkantos is hard to take down so even with something like from it doesn't give u too much of a advantage...and arkantos has that moral boost thing which helps...well anyway its fun

Crazyleggz
Mortal
posted 19 January 2003 01:45 PM EDT (US)     76 / 77       
lol Matei those maps are fun... I think using arkantos in battle wouldn't be a bad idea, as long as you attack early and watch out for Zeus players.

Anyway I know hate Fenris Wolves more than ever thanks to you Matei. heh

Sir Magus
Mortal
posted 20 January 2003 03:53 AM EDT (US)     77 / 77       
Bah! I couldn't make it because I forgot my password.

Now how do you retrieve your lost password? I've tried over a dozen times and it leads me nowhere...

Back from a long break, it's Magus!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames