You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.34 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Dean cleared of cheating
Bottom
Topic Subject:Dean cleared of cheating
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Quintus
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 06:50 AM EDT (US)         
First I don't want a flame war starting or i will request the mods close this thread.

Many have accused him of cheating
I will just show how these are false accusations by lion
Look here:http://mitglied.lycos.de/vagabondforum/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=492
He titled the thread "How long til i get banned at AOMH? ^^"

In it he says:

Quote:

Was pushing the CoC to the limits about dean cheating me just for fun ^^

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,14275,0,10

at the bottom somewhere

Other forumers said:

Quote:

This is the funniest thread I have ever read! Dean will get banned before you will Lion!

Quote:

GO lion go! Make him pay! make him pay!

I don't believe that you are allowed to post names of people who hack, therefore even if Dean does cheat (which I don't believe he does) you cannot post his name (or anyone else's) on this forum as a cheater.

This shows the accusations are simply invented by Vagabond in an attempt to make an attack against Dean on the AOMH forum.
I hope this shows how false the accusations against Dean and that his name is now cleared.

To those who have made accusations against Dean, Did you read the CoC?

Quote:

We have no tolerance for personal attacks as determined by forum moderators, whether public or private, towards user or staff.

These accusations could be considered an attack against Dean by a mod, especially if they continue.

Don't judge those who try and fail.
Judge only those who fail to try.
AuthorReplies:
Rusted Petard
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 06:59 AM EDT (US)     1 / 34       
No flame war, but the only reliable thing about AOM is that Dean cheats. End of story.
arnitald
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 07:03 AM EDT (US)     2 / 34       
I just wonder why you pay attention to some vagabond idiots (ay flaming close close)
reyyer
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 07:10 AM EDT (US)     3 / 34       
Dude, they can post the names of cheaters on that forum because that is the Vagabond clan forum, and so they have their own CoC.

Life does not treat you fairly or unfairly. It merely is. It is up to each of us to be fair or unfair.
Matt0r
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 07:41 AM EDT (US)     4 / 34       
WHy does everyone think dean cheats?

Zeus's Love child.
Cappuccino
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 08:13 AM EDT (US)     5 / 34       
In the only game I ever played against him, a rated 2v2, he used taunts throughout the game and insulted us after it. When we started to beat him the game went all laggy too. We got our points in that particular case, but Dean isn't someone I'd much care to have a beer with.
Quintus
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 08:45 AM EDT (US)     6 / 34       
reyyer I was refering to the CoC on AOMH.
It's quoted from the new forum rules they've introduced.

Cappuccino there was another AOM player accused of taunting and flaming during the game. Another person said he was kind and courtious in another. This misunderstanding was because the player who flamed and taunted was using a similar name, thereby impersonating him.
I think that no one can be sure that Dean cheats or doesn't cheat.
There's no proof of foul play, lag can be due to many things. No one can deniy that ESO is far from perfect.
Nor can you be sure that a name belongs to a certain person, unless they told you or have it in their sig.
No one likes to lose, they nearly always try to blame it on a scapegoat, for example "your enemy was Set" or "your enemy cheated", before accepting that their enemy was simply a better player. In the end it's an opinion of the player.
But is it right that he is flamed for someones opinion? As I showed in the starting post these accusations were made for "fun". Some may consider it to be fun others may feel it an attack on someone's identity. Some may just follow the crowd.

I've provided evidence where it was admitted that the allegations made against Dean were false. People are left to make their own judgement.

[This message has been edited by Quintus (edited 07-31-2003 @ 09:03 AM).]

Vassilis
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 09:17 AM EDT (US)     7 / 34       
I just find it hard to belive that a video game can create so much bitterness between people!
deano3985
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 10:26 AM EDT (US)     8 / 34       
I second that Vassillis. But hey that's what competition does. When people lose, 70% of the time they want to jump to the conclusion that they lost because of:

a) Their opponent cheated.
b) Their opponent used some lame/gay/unfair strategy.
c) The civilization their opponent used is overpowered.
d) They were smurfed.
e) Their opponent won because of an overpowered unit.

While about 40%-50% some of these are actually correct (as pathetic as that truly is), around 60% of the time you lost purely because you played poorly or because your opponent just played far better.

Flank
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 10:29 AM EDT (US)     9 / 34       
Dean is like 12 years old and so the thing that makes most of us want a high rating will affect Dean more. He cheated in AOM at the very beginning and he wont deny it. But like i said, he is young, give him a break.

I am amazed at how young some players are (although KingallDat starting aok at 9 has to be the youngest).

Quintus
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 10:39 AM EDT (US)     10 / 34       
I started AOE at 8 and AOK at 9. I think there are quite a lot of young players around. More than we might think.
I certainly want a good rating but it doesn't matter all that much to me. People just fuss over a 4 diget number. But the rating system has lead to exclusion and AOM not a game for a bit of fun but a game of competition.

Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 10:58 AM EDT (US)     11 / 34       
Flank I don't know wtf you are talking about but we have played 2-3 times and there's been no problem with cheating or whatever you say and you got points for the one I lost..

Cappucino we have played 3 times after that game and I killed you in under 10 mins.. 2v2 game doesn't mean much anyway. Btw, you or your partner were the ones lagging so don't make up things.

Btw, if you think I cheated at the start of aom you are very stupid since I was only 1700.

[This message has been edited by Sexy_DeaN (edited 07-31-2003 @ 10:59 AM).]

reyyer
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 11:19 AM EDT (US)     12 / 34       
Sorry, not reading closely enough. I should've understood what you meant.

Life does not treat you fairly or unfairly. It merely is. It is up to each of us to be fair or unfair.
CokaCola_KiD
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 11:26 AM EDT (US)     13 / 34       
I stuck up for Dean from the begining. Hes a cool guy, if you take his flaming to serious you need to look again cuz hes just having fun. And btw hes not 12 years old lol. Now its all coming out that he didnt cheat and hes not a bad guy. It always works out this way with me. People hate what I say but in the end, its always yeh Coke your were right.

As for you Dean once again congrats for being the first Aom player to make 2k in lightning, and hold the no#1 spot so well.

Aetius
HG Alumnus
(id: Flavius Aetius)
posted 31 July 2003 12:56 PM EDT (US)     14 / 34       
I like to remain diplomatic in these kind of situations, but I must admit that all of these recent crap from Vagabond has really lowered my opinion of them.

<--Aetius-->
<--Ex Angel-->
<--eX Clan - Support HG-->
<--ESO: eX_Aetius-->
LutherX
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 01:23 PM EDT (US)     15 / 34       
Dean, I'm curious... just what did you do to the Vagabond clan to make you their public enemy #1? I checked out that forum and you're like famous over there.

Personally, I'd take all of it as some sort of compliment.

A lot of them were saying "make him pay!".. pay for what? Opening a can of whoop-ass on some of their members?

Good job if you did.

jediwooley
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 01:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 34       
Holy, crap just quit LYING! Leave DeaN alone, he didnt do it, if he did which if you read the thread over at the Vagabond forum, he clearly was framed...just stop this petty argument...lets all just go play AoM, and other stuff.
Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 01:57 PM EDT (US)     17 / 34       
Lets all sit in a circle and sing songs and go make babies afterwards.
jediwooley
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 02:00 PM EDT (US)     18 / 34       
Ok, if you want to...

BTW i got some more names...
Vagabond_Lyin'
VagaBUM_Lion

Diet_Cola
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 02:29 PM EDT (US)     19 / 34       
Lets all sit in a circle and sing songs and go make babies afterwards.

Rrrrrrrrrright

You forgot fagabond_lyin

Cappuccino
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 02:39 PM EDT (US)     20 / 34       

Quote:

Cappucino we have played 3 times after that game and I killed you in under 10 mins.. 2v2 game doesn't mean much anyway.

Musta been another cuppa... I only play 2v2.

Quote:

Btw, you or your partner were the ones lagging so don't make up things.

Yes sure. You forgot to make up an excuse for the insults too; getting sloppy, are we?
Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 02:42 PM EDT (US)     21 / 34       
I insulted you because you're an asshole, happy? Log on eso now and we will see if you can win me?
Holy_Punk
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 03:00 PM EDT (US)     22 / 34       
That makes you one, sexy_dean.
Erags
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 04:21 PM EDT (US)     23 / 34       
Despite quintus' best attempts, this is gonna be flame war anyways.

Anyways, cokacola kid, this doesn't even make sense

Quote:

its always yeh Coke your were right.

iam_Chrono_J
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 04:28 PM EDT (US)     24 / 34       
hum, posted something but then decided it doesn't belong on forums
ehhh, delete this if you would

[This message has been edited by iam_Chrono_J (edited 07-31-2003 @ 04:32 PM).]

Jk_Realn
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 04:48 PM EDT (US)     25 / 34       
Lion is just worked up. If you lost points when someone else dropped, dont you think it would be upset, especially since it for the 1# spot on ESO? Lion should just ask for a rematch, and get it over with. If Dean drops again, then you can call him a cheating. But dont say anythign inless you are sure about what really happened. He got dropped cause he had computers, as he says. If it happens again, then you can start to call him a cheater. Just not over one game. I can understand why Lion would be mad, but he needs to lighten up.

I think Vagabond is a cool clan, not that it matters...

And to get the facts straight, whats your real age Dean?

Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 05:14 PM EDT (US)     26 / 34       
stumpy_006
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 05:23 PM EDT (US)     27 / 34       
I know why Lion is mad .. he won a game against you Dean and lost points on his top nick, and you won points putting you high in #1 spot .. you don't deny that, right?
NIB
Mortal
posted 31 July 2003 05:36 PM EDT (US)     28 / 34       
Wow so many ppl taking this game seriously. Who cares if dean is immature, cheater,9 year old, poor loser? He can be all of them and still wouldnt matter SINCE ITS A GAME. He can be none of them and still wouldnt matter SINCE ITS A GAME.

its a game as far as i know so why do you ppl care. I mean whenever there is money involved(tournaments) there are judges that make sure no1 cheats. On all other occasions we just play this game for fun. Booh some1 cheated and i lost 10 points. Big deal. If you have hard evidents that some1 cheated, send them to ES, otherwise just move on and find some1 else to fight and get your points back.

You dont like dean's character? Fine dont talk to him. Pest him and get over him.

You just need to relax and have some fun. I know that young ppl can sometimes take things more seriously than they are. Ratings are nothing. ES might as well remove them tomorrow cause their server crashed and they have no DRP. Who cares. Would that make you a worse person? Would that make you a worse aom player? Nope. You are who you are and no1 can take that away from you. As for the assholes that you will meet, just ignore them.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

[This message has been edited by NIB (edited 07-31-2003 @ 05:39 PM).]

Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 05:42 PM EDT (US)     29 / 34       
1 week before he told me to pick random greek and said he was doing the same and he didn't.. he got the #1 spot with this. Out of our last 3 proper games, I won isis vs ra, 4 min win... set vs set 8 min win.. lost set vs set ~8 min loss. I won most of our proper games and I had a better record vs swinger than lion did... swinger is better than lion. Swinger killed lion in odin vs odin whereas I am 11-0 vs swinger in odin vs odin. Swingers ra was very good and was the only person, apart from Playboy_CN when I was learning to be able to beat the isis rush I MADE.

I don't really care what you think because most people are ignorant assholes who say shít about subjects you know nothing about and all I have to say is.. 1v1 2000+ lightning, bring it

Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 31 July 2003 05:43 PM EDT (US)     30 / 34       
I agree nibsy ^_^
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames