You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.242 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Bugs in AoM:TT
Bottom
Topic Subject:Bugs in AoM:TT
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
stumpy_006
Mortal
posted 11 October 2003 03:15 PM EDT (US)         
Well, there has been some talk of some new bugs that have cropped up in Titans. So, instead of everyone starting a new thread each time they find a bug, I've made this thread which can hopefully be abit more organized. Please understand, this thread isn't to debate which new units are overpowered ... it is strictly for bugs. However, if there is something regarding units that you think is a bug (i.e.: Hecate's Mythic Rejuvenation effects Titans), this is by all means permitted. Post your bug, and I will edit my post on a regular basis to include newly found bugs.

Gameplay

• Sometimes during a game, when a player pauses then un-pauses, the pause message remains. This also happens in recorded games, when looking at a unit's stats and then exiting, the "Game Paused" message will remain.
  • Kronos is not able to research Omniscience in Mythic Age. (Button covered by Timeshift icon?)
  • Oranus' Shockwave removes Greek Unit's bronze.
  • Effecting all civs: sometimes fishing boats will sit idle on water, not bringing food into the dock. They are full, but seem stuck. Re-building dock fixes the problem.
  • Effecting all civs: when you have alot of villagers on wood, sometimes two or three of them will stop chopping. This is possibly something to do with pathing.
  • If you only have 2 counter-barracks, you can't cycle through them with CTRL-S (or whatever hotkey you've assigned to it), the selection always remains stuck on the same building. Once you have 3 or more it functions correctly.
  • Garrisoned relics get dropped when time-shifting a temple.
  • The Sistrum of Bast relic only reduces the food cost of Atlantean villagers, not the wood cost.

ESO

• Difficulty sending maps to other players in multiplayer games - it will say the file sent successfully to the host, but will give an error to the recipient.
  • Weird bug when already in advanced setup games - if a game is full or has numerous players, sometimes it will appear that one or two players have left. However, to these players, it seems they are still in the game, and they are still in the room (and see the other players as also still in the room) but cannot talk to them or start the game.
  • Game stats aren't being properly uploaded after a game most of the time. It was a small problem in AoM, but seems more frequent in TT.
  • If a player loses their connection during a rated game, the win will register to the player with the higher score.
  • The Observer mode sticks to the slot, not the player. If someone in player slot 3 sets Observer then leaves, the next player to come in to slot 3 is stuck as Observer. Also, after an Observer watches a game, in the postgame of they chat they will be given the name of the slot, and not their nickname on ESO. (So, a player who is in slot 3 oberving will be known as "Player 3" when chatting in postgame.)
  • ESO will often lose channels. For example, when exiting postgame to return to the main chat, if you were in "General Chat 4", this chat room will no longer be in the list for you. However, others who sign on or who have also exited the same game will be able to enter the chat. This seems to happen at random, to different people and under different channels.
  • While in chat, often random players in a chatroom will lose their buttons. These buttons being "Add friend", "Add pest", "Invite" and such. There seems to be no pattern - it happens to players at random. (Not players who have privacy on, who are pested, etc) This seems to be fixed when the player restarts AoT.

Post your bugs!

[This message has been edited by stumpy_006 (edited 10-19-2003 @ 00:55 AM).]

• AuthorReplies:
    Orange County
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 03:37 PM EDT (US)     1 / 242       
    Is it true the term "bug" came from an actual bug insect actually causing a computer to malfunction?

PS: You sig, it SHOULD read, According to research at Cambridge University, why you change it?

Specs: AMD64 3200+, 1GB RAM, Nvidia 6600GT, 400GB HD

Feel the power!

PaTrIcK_15
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 03:42 PM EDT (US)     2 / 242       
    When i faced a hard loki computer the other day the hersirs summoned scarabs and manticores it was really weird.
    VAL_The_Speaker
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 03:42 PM EDT (US)     3 / 242       
    i have seen all the three bugs and i think i got 1 more, but i cant come up with it

-The Speaker

(-speaker-)
    :unsure:
    The_Destroyer
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 04:02 PM EDT (US)     4 / 242       
    You can deconstruct a healing spring and I dont think the other guy gets it back

"I'm about 6'1 and 6'6 depending on which convenience store I'm leavin'"
    "Dessy, why the hell are you drinking?!"-QH
    "We're going to be at this all day"
    ESO names:LoTD_Destro
    Join the LoTD Clan!!
    LP rules
    SilverOsirisAOM
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 04:04 PM EDT (US)     5 / 242       
    i dont see what the problem is with that. I wonder if it works on Tartarus gate...

I told you I'd be back.
    stumpy_006
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 04:12 PM EDT (US)     6 / 242       
    I added the de-construct one. I think thats a bug ...

Quote:

PS: You sig, it SHOULD read, According to research at Cambridge University, why you change it?

This is how I got it in an e-mail. I didn't change anything.

The_Destroyer
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 04:12 PM EDT (US)     7 / 242       

Quote:

I dont see what the problem is with that

I dont see a problem with it either(being that i play kronos 75% of the time) but other people will bring up that bug, so I thought I should be the first to post it

(I dont think it works on Tatarian gate)

Join the LoTD Clan!!
    LP rules

[This message has been edited by The_Destroyer (edited 10-11-2003 @ 04:14 PM).]

PrtN_lummir
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 04:38 PM EDT (US)     8 / 242       
    sometimes major slowdown occurs in the center of the map where the trees are in the marsh map
    nifty_PS2MAN
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 05:39 PM EDT (US)     9 / 242       
    Gameplay Bug>>>Relics

Most relics dont effect atlantians and some partialy effect them, like the tower of setus effects gaurd towers but not mirror towers

but most dont effect them at all

Plus husbandry is useless for atlans, shold be a tech to make Vills as fast as normall vills or an classical tech to make atlan vills make tcs faster (2x build speed on tcs like on all buildings)

PS2MAN
    The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
    Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
    Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.
    stumpy_006
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 06:26 PM EDT (US)     10 / 242       
    Added one about game stats not being uploaded ...

nifty_PS2MAN: please be specific about which relics don't work for the Atlanteans.

anubis_mnb
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 10:02 PM EDT (US)     11 / 242       
    Here are some TT bugs or maybe something that might be right, I'm not sure. I would have posted them in the "AoM TT Bugs Post All Here" thread but it seemed a little unoffical, maybe it shoudl be locked or have a forwarding link to here?

Anyways here we go with the Titans bugs:
    Kronos:
    -It costs the same amount to build a tower as it does to time shift one! (might be that way for a reason, but it seemed a bit pointless and rather annoying!)

-Omniscience doesn't show up in the temple, It don't think it was missing from any other civ, but I did notice this. Maybe it's jsut me though :P

All Civ:
    -Things being trained in the temples vanish when you advanced to the next age, the new myth unit is produced but everything else is lost! (Might be just me though :P )

- All units seem to now have problems making it around things, IE some units will try to walk through trees or buildings, or even walls instead of going around them! thats very annoying when your trying to rush an army to a certain place!

God Power
    Carnivora:
    -Mummy's special attack turns the plants into minons. That just seemed a bit wrong to me.

lightening bolt:
    -If used on automatons they will be killed but are still able to be rebuilt, that seems a bit pointless to me, I noticed this when a zues player zapped on of mine and the others rebuilt him.

anyways thats all i've found so far. Some of them might or might not be bugs but they seemed a bit weird to me!

[This message has been edited by anubis_mnb (edited 10-11-2003 @ 10:11 PM).]

O1_Mike_1O
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 10:19 PM EDT (US)     12 / 242       
    Omnisense is covered by the time shift button for kronos, so he cannot get omnisense.
    Little_goten
    Mortal
    posted 11 October 2003 11:27 PM EDT (US)     13 / 242       
    I am having the same trouble Mike is.

VnX_Goten
    Ekanta
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 00:04 AM EDT (US)     14 / 242       
    shock wave takes away the greek god power bronze on units.
    Pipalonias
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 01:15 AM EDT (US)     15 / 242       
    Not sure if this is re-occuring or a fluke chance... but I once built a granary on top of a villie and he was stuck until I deleted it
    Kumar Shah
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 01:43 AM EDT (US)     16 / 242       

The "Kronos deconstrcuting Healing Spring" is supposed to be that way.

Zeus bolted Automation being repaired is not a bug.

Husbandry tech is not a bug, you should be intelligent enough to figure out that it is only needed if you have major herd animals.

The cost to timeshift a tower is not a bug, as it is an attacking building it takes that much resources.

Please get the difference between "bugs", and "Gameplay stuff I don't like".

Can you do the Double Yoda?
    A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
    Halo
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 01:58 AM EDT (US)     17 / 242       

Quote:

Bolt -If used on automatons they will be killed but are still able to be rebuilt, that seems a bit pointless to me, I noticed this when a zues player zapped on of mine and the others rebuilt him.

That shouldn't be a bug. Automatons will disappear if they're not rebuilt in time, so only use bolt on them if you can defend the area where the remains are left behind. I wouldn't use bolt on automatons anyway.

//////////////-Halus-Cryxibus-\\\\\\\\\\\\\\
    **********--Halo-Cryxos--**********
    *######################*
    *######################*
    *######################*
    Devil King
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 05:00 AM EDT (US)     18 / 242       
    I find a strange bug only happen to Oranos and Gaia. If you choose any one of them and play on random/land random map, you can get over 500 food and wood !!! (supposed Atlantean player got 325 food and 300 wood at the beignning,right?). This is not always happen, about 3 out of 5 times, and only works in Oranos and Gaia. Kronos never get more food or wood. One time I play Oranos in land random map and i got 725 food and 600 wood to start. So I can produce 5 citizens from the beignning.

I tested other normal maps but no "bonus" resources for Oranos and Gaia. So I think that it is only happen in random map. Please fix this bug otherwise everyone would play oranos and gaia in random map.

One more point, why land random map still generate water map? There is no difference between random and land random map right now! Please fix it too.

About the mythic rejuvention, may be not a bug, but I still think this is an overpower tech. Because the regeneration rate is too fast.If ES really want to keep it to Titan, please lower the rate to 1hp/second (now 2HP/second).A regenerated Titan never has a chance to die !! You just hit and run and no one can kill your titan.

[This message has been edited by Devil King (edited 10-12-2003 @ 05:03 AM).]

Tordenskiold
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 05:48 AM EDT (US)     19 / 242       

Quote:

-Omniscience doesn't show up in the temple, It don't think it was missing from any other civ, but I did notice this. Maybe it's jsut me though

No, I have it too

I also have the "game paused" bug (already posted in the tech help section)

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
    Buttmong
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 06:03 AM EDT (US)     20 / 242       
    Hi, i dont really know if this is a bug but it seems kinda dumb to me. When you cast chaos on your enemy's army the units that get "chaossed" will loose all their upgrades so you'll get very weak units attacking randomly.
    TartarusGate
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 06:34 AM EDT (US)     21 / 242       
    When you invoke Flaming Weapons on Hero Fanatics ( don't know about other units, I only trained Fanatics ) they all keep their attack upgrade. I exploited this: ended up with 30 Hero Fanatics at 97 hack attack after some DIVINE INTERVENTION cheats for fun vs computer. I bet they could fry a Titan. ( Heroes at 97 atk? )

If you nerf me, I'll flame you.
    If a Titan comes near your TC and you play as Egypt or Greek, send a flying unit over a cliff or a pond in deathmatch.
    *Titan jumps into pool*

nifty_PS2MAN
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 07:29 AM EDT (US)     22 / 242       
    how is flaming weapons a Bug? Its always been a bug because of the fact that

1> online ONLY NORSE GET FLAMING WEAPONS
    2> You CAn only use it once
    3> Since when do atlans Worship Bragi?

PS2MAN
    The Mythod Clan Burns To Ashes
    Long Live The Phoenix!!!!
    Phoenix_PS2MAN an Norse Wars Expert

Currently Recuriting Experienced NW UK Players.
    Kumar Shah
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 07:39 AM EDT (US)     23 / 242       

The chaos thing isn't a bug.

And I havent seen the Gaia/Oranos getting more resources thing till now ever.

Random Map inclues I beleive 2-3 water maps, RM isnt supposed to be only land maps, its supposed to be maps on which you can have quick action.

Can you do the Double Yoda?
    A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
    signalfires
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 08:04 AM EDT (US)     24 / 242       

Quote:

Is it true the term "bug" came from an actual bug insect actually causing a computer to malfunction?

Yes, it was a moth I think.

s i g n a l f i r e s
    stumpy_006
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 09:24 AM EDT (US)     25 / 242       
    Kumar, you sure about de-constructing Healing Spring? To me, if you're able to de-construct it it is being treated as a regular building. However, it isn't since it cannot be destroyed normally. It is the same basic concept as the Plenty Vault (where you can lose posession of it, re-gain posession, etc), so how come you can't also de-construct the Vault?

I'll leave that one on there for now .. Added Kronos' Omniscience one, and Oranus' Shockwave thing too.

Stormboy
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 10:04 AM EDT (US)     26 / 242       
    According to ES_Sandyman deconstruction of a Healing Spring is not a bug. See his reply in this thread.
    Midnight
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 12:36 PM EDT (US)     27 / 242       
    I could be wrong about this, but I don't think Atlanteans can research Omniscience.

Midnight

veni, vidi, scripti
    ArtemisChimera
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 12:39 PM EDT (US)     28 / 242       
    Gaia and Oranos can. Kronos can't because the Time Shift button covers up where it is supposed to be.

Try reading the other replies about this before posting

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
    Rating - 1662
    Favourite Major Gods - Isis, Gaia, Hades, Loki

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab
    And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War

The_Destroyer
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 01:43 PM EDT (US)     29 / 242       

Quote:

According to ES_Sandyman deconstruction of a Healing Spring is not a bug.

Man, thats pretty strange If he was, in fact, saying that de-constructing a healing spring isn't a bug(im not complaining because i play Kronos) but I still find that weird. They will probably either fix it in a patch, or they will make it so the other person gets healing spring back

Join the LoTD Clan!!
    LP rules
    Halimedes
    Mortal
    posted 12 October 2003 02:18 PM EDT (US)     30 / 242       

Quote:

How is flaming weapons a Bug?

You don't have to be Norse to get Norse GPs in a campaign.

Halimedes
    « Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames