You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.72 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » AoM Wishlist
Bottom
Topic Subject:AoM Wishlist
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
FoW_Gus
Mortal
posted 01 October 2001 10:24 PM EDT (US)         
Everyone type ONE thing you would really like to see in AoM. I am talking about your top, #1 suggestion. Be realistic too, don't suggest anything you are sure they won't add. Sorry if someone else did this.
AuthorReplies:
CheeZy_monkey0
Mortal
posted 05 October 2001 00:25 AM EDT (US)     31 / 72       
It'd be really cool if there was weather and a temperature. Like as it goes towards night we can see the temperature drop ( theres gonna be this little thermomiter with the temperature on it under where it says time, atleast , i hope there will be ). Then we can watch water in ponds freeze over at 30 degrees and stuff.
The game should randomly determine when it rains/storms or when theres wind storms, but obvioulsy, weather shouldn't effect gameplay.
mikey
Mortal
posted 05 October 2001 03:49 AM EDT (US)     32 / 72       
That idea SUCKS lol. Nah its actually pretty good.

The first casualty in war is the truth.

Alcohol is the cause and solution of all lifes problems. - Homer Simpson

History is always written by the victors

Dare
Mortal
posted 05 October 2001 01:51 PM EDT (US)     33 / 72       
Temperature sounds good.

To Blacknight: That idea rocks! I really hope they put that in the game.

Dare
HG Special Forces

Award I Give Out: Dare's Funny Sig Award
Emp Constantine
Mortal
posted 05 October 2001 04:51 PM EDT (US)     34 / 72       
A day and night cycle much like the one in WWII Black Gold (superb game if you havent already downloaded it). And also the ability to camp your army when you dont need them all just standing around.

Although personally I am quite content with existing explosives, I feel we must not stand in the path of improvement.
--Sir Winston Churchill

"We are not retreating. We are simply advancing in another direction"
--Gen. Douglas MacArthur

Evan is DA MaN
Mortal
posted 05 October 2001 08:16 PM EDT (US)     35 / 72       
ITS ME!.....again i thought about it.

The buildings shouldn't be to big.

30 minutes is to long for changes between night and day. I mean if you think in multiplayer terms. On the net most games would only last 30 minutes....besides it would be kindof annoying playing for 30 mins in the dark don't ya think?....10 to 15 mins is more reasonable.

The tree thing....im pretty sure it doesn't show it falling it just shows a fallen tree after enough cuts.

I know some of these things because im a super expert @AoE and AoK....I think i played FoW_gus before on the zone. Anyway cya 8)

mikey
Mortal
posted 05 October 2001 08:51 PM EDT (US)     36 / 72       
very good point evan. im not sure of what players will be able to do at night time but if it is really hard to attack etc. i wouldn't wont half the playing time to be at night.

alLan Mandragoran
Mortal
posted 05 October 2001 09:05 PM EDT (US)     37 / 72       
*oh no another one of these posts that will kill me before i finish the first page*
King Of The Hill
Banned
posted 06 October 2001 00:26 AM EDT (US)     38 / 72       
What's your point Allan?

~

King Of The Hill
Banned
posted 06 October 2001 01:19 AM EDT (US)     39 / 72       
Please see also - HAWKS & STUFF
Inca Lord
Mortal
posted 06 October 2001 02:26 AM EDT (US)     40 / 72       
Fight-Picking - Taking into account current HP's, bonuses, armour, and attack, the unit only automatically attacks if it can win. Of couse archers will also have to take into account speed and range. I'm sure ES can work out some reasonable way to do this.
alLan Mandragoran
Mortal
posted 06 October 2001 02:52 PM EDT (US)     41 / 72       
i do belive it said '1' thing. i like many of them ideas but i dont want to read al that
MavenScout
Mortal
posted 06 October 2001 09:56 PM EDT (US)     42 / 72       
o Elevation effect: Ranged weapons from a higher elevation would have a slightly longer range (say +1) and possibly slightly higher damage (+1 also). And conversely, the lower elevation would suffer a -1 penalty (when attacking the higher elevation). This would include such things as towers and castles. Ranged units garrisoned in one would reap the benefit of whatever elevation difference a tower or castle would provide. If one were attacking a castle, for instance, from the vantage point of an adjacent cliff that positioned the attacker at a higher level than the castle then they would get the bonus and the castle would be penalized (for that target).

o Flying machines: Dirigibles and/or balloons. Balloons are aimless so dirigibles would be a better choice. Power? Does it matter? After all, this is a mythological world. If you *have* to have one, steam, peddle-power. No less fanciful than Griffons. They could carry light troops such as archers and foot solders. With a long LOS to be used as a scout. Could only be attacked by ranged weapons. Would also be high speed, a little faster than a mounted unit. Possibly capable of dropping bombs, similar to the sapper, with a very slow ROF.

o Submarines: Same argument as above as to feasibility. Would be invisible when submerged and serve as a water born scout with the same LOS. Medium speed. Has attack capability when surfaced (and would be visible) such as an AOK-TC scorpion. Would be *exposed* by enemy flying units (e.g. would be visible even when submerged when one was within LOS). May even want them to be able to carry units.

o Tunnels: Dug by a villager, click on starting point and ending point, would take X amount of time per tile traversed. Exit hole would be small and easily overlooked if one were not paying attention. Could be used to bypass walls without setting off alarm, under rivers, under cliffs, etc. Would facilitate a surprise attack option under the right circumstances. Wouldn't cost anything but time and a villager. Troops would traverse the tunnel and emerge in a single file. And to counteract the ease of implementation -- the exit, when discovered, could be closed simply by building something on top of it (a house, or even a single palisade). Any vils or troops that are in the tunnel would appear as an outline just as they do when behind walls or trees now.

o Bridges: Ones that would be passable by boats. Built by villagers (or maybe by siege engineers if they already exist as suggested in other posts) with control over the width as well as the length. A greater width would take more stone and time of course, but would allow mass transit of a large number of troops so as to lessen the ability of the enemy to simply lay in ambush with archers at the other end. And with the wider stance, allow the building of towers on the bridge as well. Not only to help protect your units and attack enemy units that wish to take advantage of your hard work, but to add the ability to protect the opening to/from a waterway!

Additional comments/suggestions/questions welcome.

MavenScout
Mortal
posted 06 October 2001 10:35 PM EDT (US)     43 / 72       
I would like to see buildings that have been damaged enough (say below 50%, maybe less) to catch fire, to continue to take damage at a slow rate unless and until they are repaired. In effect, they just slowly burn to the ground if not attended to.
DarkFlame
Mortal
posted 07 October 2001 11:55 AM EDT (US)     44 / 72       
I like the temperature idea much.

What I like to see is not everyone on a transport ship dying when the ship is made to sink. In AoK, I once had a 115 man army being drowned with 10 fire ships >:-( Ever since then I've used the byzantine and now I'm killing of huge armies with extra-strong Fast Fire Ships.
I think siege units should sink, about 1/3 of the archers and the swordsmen swim to the nearest shore. Those units will be hurt, but not dead. maybe the cavalry units will let their horses behind and swim to the nearest shore as a men-at-arms.

The ES-team said they'll make the game less of a "economic race" and more of a war-game, but I personally like defensive/naval strategy much, so I hope there will be 1 or 2 civs that are a little more defensive and/or naval (i think Poseidon and one of the Norse).

Ohmigod, fancy colour fading!
I blame these purple things.
GFWL: NilePenguin
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 07 October 2001 01:17 PM EDT (US)     45 / 72       
Quote:
I think siege units should sink, about 1/3 of the archers and the swordsmen swim to the nearest shore. Those units will be hurt, but not dead. maybe the cavalry units will let their horses behind and swim to the nearest shore as a men-at-arms

siege units should be able to float as they are made of wood.
swordsmen probably couldnt swim because of their heavy armor

DarkFlame
Mortal
posted 07 October 2001 01:25 PM EDT (US)     46 / 72       
i guess that's true... but siege units won't last long in water, and they'll surely break when they are smacked on the shore... anywayz, some of the archers could survive, and the light infantry could survive. Temperature would also be fun here: in a low temperature very little ppl survive, but when it's quite hot, people won't die because of the cold water, and more ppl will survive.

1 thing i find VERY irritating is that when a ship is making to sink in shwallows (sp?) the ppl inside can't just walk out of it.

Seqenenre Tao
posted 07 October 2001 03:27 PM EDT (US)     47 / 72       
Quote:
siege units should be able to float as they are made of wood.

Well ships can sink and they're made of wood.

~}Kataastaas, Kagalang-galang ng Katipunan ng mga Anak ng Bayan{~
(The High, Honorable Society of the Sons of the People)
Mabuhay ang Maharlika!

http://www.danasoft.com/sig/wellletsseehere.jpg
davecasa
Banned
posted 07 October 2001 05:17 PM EDT (US)     48 / 72       
An "Unexplore Terrain" trigger in the scenario editor.

There are two main options, "Set Center Point" or "Set Area". Under Set Area, you obviously set the area you want to be unexplored. For Set Center Point, you set the center point, then fill in the text box for "Radius". I think that this trigger would be very useful in games.

The Empire Earth Heaven Forumer's Ladder
"Stone walls are very very strong in EE, and very stone." -The Hogs
Webmaster of A-o-M.net | david@transalt.com

richard_kim52
Mortal
posted 09 October 2001 00:47 AM EDT (US)     49 / 72       
Cheesy Monkey--
About the villager/building capture thing, and how you complained about having to guard them, I think that's the whole point behind it-- you've got to guard your industry.
Also, you could always have it as a feature like it is in Cossacks: "Capture options: (Full/Peasants only/Artillery only/None)"

ES--
I'd like to make roads and bridges. There could be two kinds of bridges, one where ships can't pass under and a bigger bridge where ships could pass. About the roads, could there be a speed/movement bonus when travelling on roads, because all major civilisations built roads to make transport faster.

richard_kim52
Mortal
posted 09 October 2001 00:56 AM EDT (US)     50 / 72       
sorry, I forgot two more things

ES-- Can towers be built 'on top' of walls? Because in AoK and TC the gates could be built 'over' the walls but you couldn't do that with towers. A compromise I tried in AoK was I could leave a gap for a tower in my wall, but then you get those ugly square things at the ends of the walls.

Also, I understand that stone was removed from AoM, but if you do an X-pack, can you please bring it back?? because I can't think of a way to make roads and walls and towers out of just wood alone. Getting rid of stone just gets rid of a unique 'dimension' to a game, just like how you need wood to build boats, food to train men, etc...

FoW_Gus
Mortal
posted 11 October 2001 03:26 AM EDT (US)     51 / 72       
Guarding your buildings like that is a bad idea, it would be annoying...people just want to fight, not guard houses and other buildings.
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 11 October 2001 10:40 PM EDT (US)     52 / 72       
FLYING PURPLE HIPPOS!!
FLYING PURPLE HIPPOS!!
FLYING PURPLE HIPPOS!!
FLYING PURPLE HIPPOS!!
FLYING PURPLE HIPPOS!!

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
mikey
Mortal
posted 12 October 2001 00:34 AM EDT (US)     53 / 72       
About units swimming to shore, perhaps champions 9whatever their equiv. might be) etc could loose their armor and return to shore as miltia or a villie, useless maybe but it does simualte them surviving the sinking ship.

I also eckon units should only be able to swim a short distance before drowning.

ES_Archangel
Immortal
posted 12 October 2001 01:06 AM EDT (US)     54 / 72       

No more AGE Camaro Car Cheats! Let's start a letter writing campaign to ES and demand a Firebird Trans AM be included as a AOM cheat!

Send your letters to:

Ensemble Studios
Trans AMs Rock! C/O Ian Fischer
Suite 1600 - 10440 N Central Expressway
Dallas, TX 75231

Just a suggestion when writing your letter, midnight Blue 2000 Edition Trans Am

ES_Swinger
Mortal
posted 12 October 2001 01:43 AM EDT (US)     55 / 72       
ROTFLMAO
cornergraf
Mortal
posted 12 October 2001 05:32 AM EDT (US)     56 / 72       
And please make AoM more unit based and not so much siege based.

in AoK it is almost impossible to attack with units only because of the castles. but when you have trebs that can take castles out, why bother creating units attacking the enemy. you'll only build units to defend trebs, and this is annoying as hell to me. I want unit raids !!!

What can i do now ?
Dare
Mortal
posted 12 October 2001 09:29 AM EDT (US)     57 / 72       
I'd rather the car cheat would be a tank. It could either shoot OR you tell it to go somewhere and it crushes the units it passes over.

Dare
HG Special Forces

Award I Give Out: Dare's Funny Sig Award
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 12 October 2001 05:31 PM EDT (US)     58 / 72       
*Copies down address*
I promise, you will get a letter!!!!

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
FoW_Gus
Mortal
posted 12 October 2001 11:00 PM EDT (US)     59 / 72       
cornergraf, I think aok had the right balance of units and seige...if anything i would like to see a larger variety of seige units as well as regular units. And seige was used to take out structures most of the time, unless they just set it on fire which I think should be added to aom. Like maybe you can command units to set a structure on fire and then and only then is the time that you must extinguish the fire before your building is burnt to a crisp.

I would also like natural disasters to occur, but i hope it is optional in the game.

And I think the time of day should change every half an hour, no more no less.

Funky_Chicken
Mortal
posted 13 October 2001 05:00 AM EDT (US)     60 / 72       
Soldiers on walls

"slaughter is optional, Victory is optimal!!!"
"It's a double bladed sword - both blades are on the same side!"
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames