You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.240 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Patch readme out!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Patch readme out!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
Lord_Cyrus
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 08:08 PM EDT (US)         
http://www.ensemblestudios.com/age/index.html

==================
Age Of Mythology(tm) v1.09
Patch Release Notes
==================

If you are encountering out of sync (OOS) problems when playing multiplayer, go to http://www.windowsupdate.comand ensure that you have the latest updates. Specifically, downloading and installing the Microsoft Processor Driver Version 5.1.2600.1152 for the AMD Athlon is known to fix potential out of sync problems. Also, if you are having trouble connecting to ESO or to games and other users, please check out the Age of Mythology FAQ on http://www.eso.com.

==================
Patch 1.09 - fixes the record game feature and a couple ESO issues.
==================

CLIENT FIXES

- Fixed a database exploit.
- Fixed an exploit that could allow illegal market trades.
- Fixed an exploit involving relics that could sometimes generate free resources.
- Added additional checks for zoom cheats.

==================
Age Of Mythology(tm): The Titans v1.02
Patch Release Notes
==================

==================
Patch 1.02 - Fixed a few exploits, some bugs and made a few balance adjustments.
==================

CLIENT FIXES

- Fixed a database exploit.

- Fixed an exploit that could allow illegal market trades.

- Fixed an exploit involving relics that could sometimes generate free resources.

- Fixed a bug that allowed the Son of Osiris, the 2nd pharaoh and Ra priests to empower the Titan Gate during construction.

- Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel upgrades at 99% and receive both the upgrade and the resources.

- Fixed a bug in recorded game playback where the "pause" text would be remain on-screen until the application was restarted.

- Added additional checks for zoom cheats.

- Unit Balance Adjustments (NOTE: Save games from all previous versions will not be affected by the balance changes. Recorded games from all previous versions are still supported and will replay as before):

Titan Gate build time increased by 10%

Isis' major god bonus (10% cost reduction for techs) now excludes "Secrets of the Titans" and all Age up techs

Turma and Turma Hero cost 5 more gold

Minion damage (Ancestors god power) decreased by 2

Promethean crush damage decreased by 3, cost increased by 10 gold

Isis monument protection radius reduced by 20%

Valor's maximum number of units converted decreased to 3 military units and 1 villager

Fenris wolf pack speed boost reduced to 15%

Fire giant crush damage reduced by 5

Katapeltes hitpoints reduced by 5

Gaia's economy techs reduced by 10%

Carnivora hitpoints increased by 25%

Caladria speed increased by 1, heal rate increased by 25%, and range increased by 4

Stymphalian Bird cost increased by 20 wood

Ulfsarks, Hoplite, and Murmillos and Spearman received damage bonus increase vs. Turma

Heka Gigantes hitpoints increased by 150

Contarius & Hero hitpoints increased by 10

Rheias Gift favor decreased by 5

Horns of Consecration costs 5 less favor and 30 more gold

Channels costs 75 less gold and 2 less favor

Shades' hitpoints increased by 10

Wadjet hitpoints increased by 20

Cyclops speed increased by .3

Minotaur speed increased by .2

Norse favor trickle reduced in Deathmatch

Atlantean TownCenter build time reduced in Deathmatch

Hersir TownCenter build time reduced in Deathmatch

Lord Cyrus
AuthorReplies:
Zorn_Ot
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 08:11 PM EDT (US)     1 / 240       
Well that looks official alright. Perfect patch, norse can compete with the other civs being reduced, Isis nerfed, Atl nerfed and now people might pick a minor god other than Promethius.

Perfect patch IMO.

Hades shades improved, nice.

ESO: Orion_Zorn

Proud Member of the Orion Clan!

"makes sense because if your running a race against a monkey and you die from a heart attack i don't think it should be a draw. the monkey actaully wins by default" - Sirgrayhorn

ScriBe_
Banned
posted 23 January 2004 08:16 PM EDT (US)     2 / 240       

Quote:

Hersir TownCenter build time reduced in Deathmatch

That's a typo, right?

Quote:

Valor's maximum number of units converted decreased to 3 military units and 1 villager

Thats still gonna be way OP .

[This message has been edited by ScriBe_ (edited 01-23-2004 @ 08:19 PM).]

magic
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 08:26 PM EDT (US)     3 / 240       
Man 2 months and the damn patch really sucks... but at least it is not as bad as it could be... I guess I'm surprised they didn't give elephants +200 hp or make ancestors last longer.
Damn I guess ES will continue to nerf norse to DEATH. Anyway it is going still be age of Isis and Age of Kronos. Probably more Age of egyptians though. Oh well. Who said the balance testers are good anyway.
Spook
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 08:26 PM EDT (US)     4 / 240       
Not a typo. Hersir build speed was a problem in DM making Loki OP (that and fgs)
Zeusfollower
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 08:26 PM EDT (US)     5 / 240       
my poor norse!!!!
CelticRaider
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 08:30 PM EDT (US)     6 / 240       
Yes, norse can now compete being that their strongest myth units have been nerfed, ulfs hit turma a little harder and kats (the real problem for norse) lose a whopping 5 hit points. Its also great the way norse can build a titan gate faster and also can get an early tc just as fast as other civs now [/sarcasm].

Now norse still cant counter infantry without the use of a "meatshield" which we have to micro AROUND infantry to get the ranged units that are raping our ta, and we still cant build a titan effectively.

ScriBe_
Banned
posted 23 January 2004 08:31 PM EDT (US)     7 / 240       

Quote:

Not a typo. Hersir build speed was a problem in DM making Loki OP (that and fgs)

I know, but it should read "Hersir TownCenter build time increased in Deathmatch.

Quote:

Now norse still cant counter infantry without the use of a "meatshield" which we have to micro AROUND infantry to get the ranged units that are raping our ta, and we still cant build a titan effectively.

Exactly.

[This message has been edited by ScriBe_ (edited 01-23-2004 @ 08:39 PM).]

Little_goten
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 08:39 PM EDT (US)     8 / 240       
Hmm. I was expecting a little bit different patch but this one looks good anyways

VnX_Goten
Spook
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 08:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 240       
Lol I read it as "Hersir TownCenter build Speed reduced in Deathmatch."

funny that you read what you want to read >.<

Lord_Cyrus
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 08:53 PM EDT (US)     10 / 240       
Norse were only nerfed in Deathmatch.

Lord Cyrus
Einstein_006
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:00 PM EDT (US)     11 / 240       
Thanks for making my civ the worst ES. You didn't boost ta's, you left norse unable to build titan untouched, you nerfed two of my myth, thanks ES. Really this is a great way to keep customers imo...

I love the kata nerf. 5 hp? Oh yes. OH YES. THAT'LL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE. Thanks ES for nerfing the kata, I mean I told you to nerf it, but I didn't think you would do it so uberly.

Your valor nerf rocked. One less turma? Uber. On top of that you didn't reduce hero cost for attie, nice, nice, so gaia is still screwed. That rox.

CelticRaider
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:02 PM EDT (US)     12 / 240       
I got a great idea, why dont we also give attie a bullshit o/p no pop unit like the merc, but only against norse. That would really put the icing on the cake.
Jk_Realn
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:03 PM EDT (US)     13 / 240       
Norse need some kind of up. Just a small one would have pleased people. Improve Trolls or something. :P

By the way, it's written: "Hersir TownCenter build time reduced in Deathmatch"-Lord_Cyrus which is the same info found on Ensemble Studios website in their Patch Details announcement. Don't know where you got 'Speed' from that, Spook. :P

ScriBe_
Banned
posted 23 January 2004 09:08 PM EDT (US)     14 / 240       

Quote:

I got a great idea, why dont we also give attie a bullshit o/p no pop unit like the merc, but only against norse. That would really put the icing on the cake.

Yes! And make titans available in classic for all civs but norse just to give eggy that extra edge. And please nerf TA some more, they're about as useful as a telephone without electricity. OP!!!

[This message has been edited by ScriBe_ (edited 01-23-2004 @ 09:10 PM).]

Mikaiu
Mortal
(id: KOTD_Mikaiu)
posted 23 January 2004 09:09 PM EDT (US)     15 / 240       
sshhh stop winging before they change their minds.

:P

Jk_Realn
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:11 PM EDT (US)     16 / 240       
Oh, I really think they did an excellent job on this patch. They nailed a bunch of things, including Isis, Alteneans, Minor God Usage, etc. etc. About 'their mistake' of not weakening Kata is completely reasonably. They nerfed a bunch of things at once, and when you are on that such a high level of nerfing a civ, you will effect all the options it has, which means you must keep some uses available.

A nice boast on some of the Norse options would be nice though. Trolls... =)

Mikaiu
Mortal
(id: KOTD_Mikaiu)
posted 23 January 2004 09:12 PM EDT (US)     17 / 240       
but on a serious note.
i find it so funny that a majority of (not all i know its not everyone) norse players, having started out the op civ cant handle the loss of their cheap overpowerdness and now all they do is cry and squeal like stuck pigs.... for 9 patches...
CelticRaider
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:20 PM EDT (US)     18 / 240       
LOL ok bud im whining, I never asked for any civ to be nerfed in ANY thread ANYWHERE. I challenge you to find ONE post of me saying anything should be nerfed, i only asked that things get appropriately boosted so each civ is competitive with each other.

Problem is your probably some isis noob thats so proud he can get his shiny 1550 rate with his o/p civ. STFU and go die rook.

[This message has been edited by CelticRaider (edited 01-23-2004 @ 09:21 PM).]

Einstein_006
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:21 PM EDT (US)     19 / 240       
You should also find it funny that your greek buddies also whine a lot and yet they were the first o/p civ ^^ Eggy was also o/p (ra). IMO norse was only slightly o/p if that, in 1.06 they were fine, you were just stupid and didn't build hops lol.

If you've ever played norse seriously, then you would know that they need a boost right now. And yes, I've played Isis, Greek, and Attie, so I know what the other side is like... It rox over there lol.

[This message has been edited by Einstein_006 (edited 01-23-2004 @ 09:22 PM).]

magic
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:21 PM EDT (US)     20 / 240       
Oh really? Want to play an Isis vs Odin or a Thor vs Kronos match? I would like to see you "exploit" norse overpower. I'll take you anyday. It is becuase of idiots like you that make ES make silly changes.
ScriBe_
Banned
posted 23 January 2004 09:23 PM EDT (US)     21 / 240       
Granted it was a good patch for everyone but norse and it was mediocre with attie ( 5 gold for turma is nothing with attie, valor is still way op. -2-3 heroes is nothng, and gaia still cant cost effectively handle MU's ). Attie are still gonna kill everyone and with the greek boost norse can't compete on fair ground with anybody anymore.
Little_goten
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:27 PM EDT (US)     22 / 240       
Greek boost? I hardly think +.2 speed on a mino makes me want to get it over a cent.

VnX_Goten
Einstein_006
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:27 PM EDT (US)     23 / 240       
No, I must disagree. We can compete with gaia on a pretty even level ^^ 1/12, isn't that good enough for all you people? Considering that you hate us for our "o/page", I guess it's fair we can only compete with one civ lol.

Jesus cmon ES I wanted atties nerfed too but Gaia friggin sucks...

IMO Isis/Kronos/Oranos will still rule the top 20, Oranos to a lesser extent due to the turma/promoth nerf. Kronos will still be fine cuz his katas are great and nothing is hindering him from doing a very quick 3:30 rush. Isis... well Isis will still own imo. Anc/eclipse was nerfed, ya, but mercs still own and the monument bonus will still rox, even if it can't cover the edges of the map.

Just imo.

CelticRaider
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:29 PM EDT (US)     24 / 240       
Hades got a nice little boost, and cyclops are faster now. If I played greek i would prefer either to a cent before the boost, now its a lock. Cyclops are the strongest classical myth units as it is, with minos close behind.
Insane Sheep
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:30 PM EDT (US)     25 / 240       
I don't think this will fix a lot of things. 5 gold for Turmas is pretty pathetic and isn't going to stop turma spamming, even though I have slaughtereed Heroic Turmas effortlessly with Classic TA's (about even numbers). But yah I think Isis monument bonus is now dead and useless, it wasn't very great before, but increasing the cost of age advance and TG will help prevent Isis FT. Kronos rushes will still be OP IMHO. Minion decrease should help a little. But will now make it useless without Eclipse. Promethean nerf might help, but again a rather inconsequential nerf.

So many changes though... Lots of things are garaunteed to change.

"I found no one ripe for many of my thoughts; the case of 'Zarathustra' proves that one can speak with the
utmost clearness, and yet not be heard by any one." - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche
"The fearless are merely fearless. People who act in spite of their fear are truly brave."
Oprichniks are the best units in AoE3. Why? It's elementary, they're Horse-riding Russian Pirates, nothing beats Horse-riding Russian Pirates.
Little_goten
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:34 PM EDT (US)     26 / 240       
Minion damage (Ancestors god power) decreased by 2

The nerf was only with Ancestors they are still the same without it as before.

VnX_Goten
a_screen_name
Banned
posted 23 January 2004 09:35 PM EDT (US)     27 / 240       
i dont play titans anymore simply because.. ES Did a shit job at it..what a waste of my money! I could of saved that on my ****in turntables..**** sake..dont even bother releasing this patch..just do more work as it seems u need to do LOTS more on it.
CelticRaider
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:36 PM EDT (US)     28 / 240       

Quote:

I don't think this will fix a lot of things. 5 gold for Turmas is pretty pathetic and isn't going to stop turma spamming, even though I have slaughtereed Heroic Turmas effortlessly with Classic TA's (about even numbers)

Unless thats a typo and you meant to say ulfs, put down the pipe man, crack kills.

AntiAmi
Mortal
(id: DoJo_AntiAmi)
posted 23 January 2004 09:38 PM EDT (US)     29 / 240       
Meh, I see where you all are coming from. Norse are kind of screwed :\

http://www.dojoclan.net
Well I was talking to Kman, and he was like "what do you do?" and I was like "Oh, I act, go to school, dance, sing, play soccer and stuff. What do you do?" and he was like "AntiAmi." so I figured hey, it's an occupation. - Ultima_Knight
Einstein_006
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 09:40 PM EDT (US)     30 / 240       

Quote:

even though I have slaughtereed Heroic Turmas effortlessly with Classic TA's

Did I tell you about the time I managed to beat 30 rc with 3 tox?

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 8  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames