You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.240 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Patch readme out!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Patch readme out!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
Lord_Cyrus
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 08:08 PM EDT (US)         
http://www.ensemblestudios.com/age/index.html

==================
Age Of Mythology(tm) v1.09
Patch Release Notes
==================

If you are encountering out of sync (OOS) problems when playing multiplayer, go to http://www.windowsupdate.comand ensure that you have the latest updates. Specifically, downloading and installing the Microsoft Processor Driver Version 5.1.2600.1152 for the AMD Athlon is known to fix potential out of sync problems. Also, if you are having trouble connecting to ESO or to games and other users, please check out the Age of Mythology FAQ on http://www.eso.com.

==================
Patch 1.09 - fixes the record game feature and a couple ESO issues.
==================

CLIENT FIXES

- Fixed a database exploit.
- Fixed an exploit that could allow illegal market trades.
- Fixed an exploit involving relics that could sometimes generate free resources.
- Added additional checks for zoom cheats.

==================
Age Of Mythology(tm): The Titans v1.02
Patch Release Notes
==================

==================
Patch 1.02 - Fixed a few exploits, some bugs and made a few balance adjustments.
==================

CLIENT FIXES

- Fixed a database exploit.

- Fixed an exploit that could allow illegal market trades.

- Fixed an exploit involving relics that could sometimes generate free resources.

- Fixed a bug that allowed the Son of Osiris, the 2nd pharaoh and Ra priests to empower the Titan Gate during construction.

- Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel upgrades at 99% and receive both the upgrade and the resources.

- Fixed a bug in recorded game playback where the "pause" text would be remain on-screen until the application was restarted.

- Added additional checks for zoom cheats.

- Unit Balance Adjustments (NOTE: Save games from all previous versions will not be affected by the balance changes. Recorded games from all previous versions are still supported and will replay as before):

Titan Gate build time increased by 10%

Isis' major god bonus (10% cost reduction for techs) now excludes "Secrets of the Titans" and all Age up techs

Turma and Turma Hero cost 5 more gold

Minion damage (Ancestors god power) decreased by 2

Promethean crush damage decreased by 3, cost increased by 10 gold

Isis monument protection radius reduced by 20%

Valor's maximum number of units converted decreased to 3 military units and 1 villager

Fenris wolf pack speed boost reduced to 15%

Fire giant crush damage reduced by 5

Katapeltes hitpoints reduced by 5

Gaia's economy techs reduced by 10%

Carnivora hitpoints increased by 25%

Caladria speed increased by 1, heal rate increased by 25%, and range increased by 4

Stymphalian Bird cost increased by 20 wood

Ulfsarks, Hoplite, and Murmillos and Spearman received damage bonus increase vs. Turma

Heka Gigantes hitpoints increased by 150

Contarius & Hero hitpoints increased by 10

Rheias Gift favor decreased by 5

Horns of Consecration costs 5 less favor and 30 more gold

Channels costs 75 less gold and 2 less favor

Shades' hitpoints increased by 10

Wadjet hitpoints increased by 20

Cyclops speed increased by .3

Minotaur speed increased by .2

Norse favor trickle reduced in Deathmatch

Atlantean TownCenter build time reduced in Deathmatch

Hersir TownCenter build time reduced in Deathmatch

Lord Cyrus
AuthorReplies:
magic
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 04:28 PM EDT (US)     151 / 240       
Vassilis... Man it is idiots like you that make ES do stupid changes... Wow ever heard of counters? Have you ever tried making hoplites? You now hoplites can actually counter cavalry. In fact it was the BEST cavalry counter in terms of cost-effectiveness . But no I'm going to complain about RC because I just want to spam hipps and beat any norse army. You complain about whinners? Then how come you are always whinning about RC? Your are etiher an hypocrite or a plain idiot then.
BTW Isis was already OP in vanilla, the only reason ppl didnīt complain was that Set was even worse.As a matter of fact if Set was the same as in patch 1.05 it would OWN ALL CIVS including Cronos,Oranus and Isis.

[This message has been edited by magic (edited 01-24-2004 @ 04:31 PM).]

FunClan_zero
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 05:07 PM EDT (US)     152 / 240       

Quote:

You Norse guys never give up, do you ??

I suggest you all take a look over at www.aotsanctuary.com.

The forumers theres are the best players in the world and nobody whine about Norse being underpowered. In fact, most of them think Norse are just fine, even those who actually play Norse like Olympus_MU.

And Dear little Benjamin, Please try not to correct Chrono, you do know he is currently in Top 10 on ESO, don't you ?? Could it be possible *gasp* he knows a little more about the game than you do with your 1600 rating

Look , i'm not a 1600 player. Second, if you disagree with fine, np, but could you search for better evidences, because you only gave winning percentage as evidence, and that's imo not enough to claim that norse are balanced vs all other cultures. Really if you can prove me that ta do their job better then the other inf counters, i will leave and try to become better, if you don't any evidence that ta perform better then the other(or be even) then you can't ignore the fact that ta's are weak.
About Chrono: I have many respect for that guy, but because he seldom plays norse on tt he can't really jugde it.
Benjamin

Creator of the plenty article
Creator of the odin fast herioc guide
Creator of the The nereid guide
In progress: the scylla guide
futurehermit
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 05:37 PM EDT (US)     153 / 240       
ben, we're giving more than winning percentage, we're giving unit survivability %. wth do you want dude? are we supposed to pat you on the head and say "yes of course ben you are right just because you say so"? what evidence have *you* provided?

fh

magic
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 05:53 PM EDT (US)     154 / 240       
To FH:

The problem is the is no direct link between being an effective counter and having higher survivability. Axemen in most cases are a better infantry counter and I can be pretty sure (without looking at statitistics) that they have a lower survivability. I wouldnīt be surprised if mountain gaints and elephants had a very low survivability. Would that mean they suck? No. Support units (i.e ranged units) will naturally have a high survivability becuase they will be fighting at the back unlike meatshield units like elephants for example that will be fighting at the front. BTW sorry if someone flamed you its just some guys are complete morons seeking to pick fights whenever they can, I guess someone confused you by one of those morons. (And I donīt think you are one of them so I apologize for you getting flamed ).

saturninus
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 06:01 PM EDT (US)     155 / 240       

Quoted from Ekanta:

There are 3 options here:
1. They understand but are happy norse suck.
2. They are too stupid to understand.
3. They are unconsciously blocked in the brain.

lol

Quoted from Tordenskiold:

You Norse guys never give up, do you ??

I suggest you all take a look over at www.aotsanctuary.com.

The forumers theres are the best players in the world and nobody whine about Norse being underpowered. In fact, most of them think Norse are just fine, even those who actually play Norse like Olympus_MU.

Here's a good quote from aotsanctuary - it's from Salska, who many consider to be the best Norse player:

Quoted from Salska:

I play isis now, i lost all tourneys of the year with this *edited*ing norse which is the worse civ in this game and ES dont seem to see it.

That's from http://www.aotsanctuary.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=170&#entry1237

I'm not skilled enough to tell whether Norse need to be adjusted or not, so I can't really comment. I just thought it was an interesting quote, considering you represented sanctuary as this bastion of Norse defenders

One thing I will say about the patch is that I'm a bit disappointed that Taxmen didn't get a boost to their bonus vs. murmillos. But most of it looks like good stuff.

The trick is to keep breathing.
aom_conqueror1
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 06:42 PM EDT (US)     156 / 240       
thank you es for the patch.
I am a norse player, I am not whining. I think its a very, very good patch. I mean really a lil crush damage taken away from fire giants is not that much, it still is great to have one or more behind you army throwing fireballs and killing everyone. You wanna destroy buildings? Have you heard of siege or mountain giants??
I like the bonus that ufls get against turmas, and the slight nerf of katas. It's a great patch.

[This message has been edited by aom_conqueror1 (edited 01-24-2004 @ 06:43 PM).]

Ekanta
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 06:46 PM EDT (US)     157 / 240       

Quote:

Why are you so totally hostile when all I'm doing is providing an answer to a query of yours?

I'll repeat: For ES, the ideal solution was to reduce the duration of Rain, or to reduce the multiplier it gave. The problem with that solution is that it evidently deals with the database in such a way that you can't replay older recordings. ES employees have even stated as much.

Because I highly suspect you're taking a wild guess here. Do u know for sure they couldnt change rain or is it just a guess? If you're not 100% sure about it, why play that u are?
many god powers have been changed, whats special with rain? Animation/ duration stays the same, only change the multiplier. Every time they patch a problem indirectly they create 10 others. Sometimes necessary maybe but I highly doubt it in this case.

[This message has been edited by Ekanta (edited 01-24-2004 @ 06:55 PM).]

Vassilis
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 07:21 PM EDT (US)     158 / 240       
Magic I never complained about RC. The only whinning I'm guilty of is when in my n00b days I made 2 ugly posts in a "nerf ancestors/eclipse" thread.

As for counters, yes I know what counters what but hoplites can't counter RC if there's the TA.

I never use hoplites vs norse I go with hipp/tox plus minotaurs or cyclops (if I'm poseidon) and it works for me even in vanilla were MU's are weaker and more expensive. I don't care if the experts go with hermes and spam hipps. If I try to do that I will only end up been chassed around the map by dozens of RC.

Also you keep mentioning the experts all the time "Salska said this, FoxElitex said that".
Well I think experts can win with any civ but most of them rarely try anything new unless they smurf so they stick doing the same thing over and over again.

Don't get me wrong I enjoy watching their recs but even if an expert came to me and told me to change my civ cause it sucks I would tell him to shovel his advice up his ass!

You see I figured out that you don't really need an expert to guide you how to win if you have the brain power to think for yourself!

deano3985
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 07:29 PM EDT (US)     159 / 240       
Vassil... That's why you support your Hoplites with Toxotes. Trust me, if you had any idea how to play then you would know that Hop/Tox beats every Norse combo far better than Hipps/Tox does.
ArkTheDarkBeast
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 07:41 PM EDT (US)     160 / 240       
Yes IMO hops/tox will own any norse classcial combo and is alot better than hipps/tox. And ive tried Zeus in TT my highest wit him is 1695...it may not be much but i have a good idea on wat im talkin about

Clan - NoFx__
Major Gods- Norse(Odin/Loki)
ESO Name- NoFx__SpAwN
deano3985
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 07:48 PM EDT (US)     161 / 240       
Also Vassil, Hops are trained a lot faster than Hipps and are much cheaper on gold and only cost 10 more food. Hops only lack in Speed.
Vassilis
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 07:50 PM EDT (US)     162 / 240       
No it dosen't I have tried both. The best compo against norse is hipp/tox and minotaurs (cyclops are ok but very expensive). This will force him to train hersirs which die to toxotes much faster than they are created from the longhouses plus they cost tons of resources to make so you won't be seen many rc around.

I'm currently 1790 in vanilla highest I've been is 1840 but sometimes drop to 1740 consider this and the fact 70% of all players in vanilla play norse so I know very well what I'm saying.

You can use hoplites if you want but I think it will be more difficult to win.

Caden_the_Cruel
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 08:30 PM EDT (US)     163 / 240       

Quote:

Because I highly suspect you're taking a wild guess here. Do u know for sure they couldnt change rain or is it just a guess? If you're not 100% sure about it, why play that u are?
many god powers have been changed, whats special with rain? Animation/ duration stays the same, only change the multiplier. Every time they patch a problem indirectly they create 10 others. Sometimes necessary maybe but I highly doubt it in this case.

I'm pretty sure all god power changes came in the exansion and not in patches (except for GP unit changes like Ancestors and Carnivora).

AOM:TT Nick:CADENtheCRUEL, CADENtheBLUE
Rating: Isis 1750, Ra 1700
"Ancestors last for a minute, but Crocs last forever..."
aom_conqueror1
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 09:25 PM EDT (US)     164 / 240       
i dunno if the hop/tox combo will dominate that much but i can tell that it's better than hip/tox for the norse. as easy as that. norse=infantry military, hip=vulnerable against infantry.
futurehermit
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 09:27 PM EDT (US)     165 / 240       
vassilis, in vanilla it *is* very difficult to train hoplites vs norse because norse can jump to heroic and take tcs on you.

i agree that you need hip-tox and plenty o' myth if you're gonna stand up to them norse players. personally, i like cents and avoiding a straight-up fight. but vs a lot of rc in your base early it can make for a good thumping.

in tt though it's easier to make hop-tox cuz you don't have to worry about going heroic for tcs. and hop-tox is your better bet vs norse. however, a jarl-husk-taxmen army is still quite difficult to handle as a greek player. that's because only hyps beat husks and it's hard to micro with that many different units in the heat of a battle. and if you have too many hyps beating on jarls you're in trouble. meanwhile, the norse units are pretty good all-around.

fh

PhoenixBird
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 09:31 PM EDT (US)     166 / 240       
Just wait till patch gets 100% finished, some things may still be added.

Dont complain till we have proofs of how the game will change with the new patch.

Ah, and thanks ES, for hearing us!

Play my Scenarios:
GraveBlood

NeoMutation 2
NeoMutation
Myr_Enforcerer----------------------------------------------1800 (Greek)
dw_wb------------------------------------------------------17xx (Smurf)
tiefsee
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 09:36 PM EDT (US)     167 / 240       
FINALLY.

It's taken a YEAR to get here.

But it looks like we might just have a fairly damn near balanced game here.

aom_conqueror1
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 09:36 PM EDT (US)     168 / 240       
I believe the patch is finished phoenix_bird. It will be out in maybe 2 days or something. The ReadMe is official and that's how the patch is gonna look like.
tiefsee
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 10:15 PM EDT (US)     169 / 240       
The Norse-only dudes are not going to be happy until we're back to the days of 1.03 Odin mass RC+Valk and wins are GREATLY in their favour.

Sorry dudes, those days are over.

This is coming from someone who plays Norse PLENTY too.

NIB
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 11:20 PM EDT (US)     170 / 240       
Some need to realise that a -5hp nerf on base hp can have serious effect when that unit is fued since all bonuses are calculated upon base stats. Still i think that a -8hp on katapeltes would be a little more apropriete.

Ancestors just became obsolute. At least remove the timer or something. ES could just make eclipse to affect the ancestors less not to kill ancestors.

Removing isis cheaper age advancement was a bad idea IMO. After all now titan gate needs more time to get up and you cant empower it either. Still isis is strong.

What about tas? Norse cant counter murmillos/fanatics or even hoplites(which against them, tas have higher multiplier). Give tas their 0.5dmg back. That is enough to make norse strong again(almost).

What about late game norse? They cant get a damn titan out. Only solution they have is baldr. This makes other mythic gods obsolete. Loki cant get baldr either. Make a tech that enables norse to build with their gatherers/dwarves. Make it expensive(like 40 favor and 1000 resources).

I like all other changes. Turma nerfing wasnt needed. Turmas are like slingers only faster. In fact they are weaker than slingers late game. A slight bonus on spearmen/ulfsarks/hoplites/murmillos was enough, there was no need for cost increase.

Stop nerfing wolves and fgs on supremacy for crying out loud. And make atlantean minor gods a little more interesting if possible. They practically offer nothing except a mu and a gp(no other techs).

PS Plz unnoobify the game. Buildings are op now. Seige is so much nerfed(weak and many units get bonus against it) that there is no damn way to kill a building. I wont even mention autoque.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

tiefsee
Mortal
posted 24 January 2004 11:44 PM EDT (US)     171 / 240       
Build some ulfsarks.
SeaBass
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 00:13 AM EDT (US)     172 / 240       
Seige is very weak now, NIB is correct. Only ranged seige is really effective, which Norse doesn't get (Ballista's aren't great building killers).
SuperCharles
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 02:03 AM EDT (US)     173 / 240       
Some of you seem to be pleased with the patch. All of you should not be pleased with the patch. Though I like the way they have addressed Kronos and Isis lamers, they have only weakened Norse. TA's desperately need a boost, all good players know it. You heard Salska, he's number 4 on ESO right now, and one of the best Norse players ever, and what does he say? That Norse are the weakest, most UP civ group in the game, and he lost a number of tourneys while playing as Norse.

Get this, on ESO I was Jk_Trogdor_R, playing as Kronos. I won 9 games straight with a relative amount of ease, and got up to 1780 with 100% victories. I was in the top 20 weekly. Then, I decide to see what else is out there. I like the look of Thor, so I give him a try. I quickly pick up the basics, and win a number of games, but can't get past the 1690's. Does that make any sense? I could have easily entered the 1800's with Kronos, yet I can't seem to break 1700 with Thor? And some of you actually think Norse ISN'T UP? That's ridiculous. Norse are by far the worst civ group in the game right now. Balance is better, but still sux. Greeks have possy and hades that are doing well. Eggies are supreme with Isis still strong and Ra rising to power. Atties are evened out with Kronos/Oranos still strong and Gaia coming to new power. Norse? What Norse? Loki is easy to beat and very repetitious in his play style (Hersir rush, more hersir rush, even more hersir rush). Odin has nothing, arguably the worst civ in the game. Thor may have slight advantage over Odin, but not by much. Norse has no power. I don't know wtf ES was thinking when they made this patch. They addressed some issues and then left major chasms of imbalance wide open. Makes me sad.

MY NAME: Jk_Trogdor_

Proud member of the Jagged Knights clan:

THE GREATEST SITE EVER:
www.homestarrunner.com

tGo_elfjorc
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 02:07 AM EDT (US)     174 / 240       
The top 10 will always have the strongest gods. If Norse suck because they aren't OP or the strongest ...

Is there anything in the world better than Matt Damon in the riddle scene in Ocean's Twelve?
magic
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 03:00 AM EDT (US)     175 / 240       
They suck becuase they canīt compete with egyptians or atlanteans. They get OWNED by both.
OutlawZ
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 03:15 AM EDT (US)     176 / 240       
Yeah, I should make a Kronos nick and only play rated... let's see how far I can come...

With Norse, I can't get across 1650, but that's because I'm a lesser player then you, SuperCharles.

God created the world, but the Dutch created Holland
tGo_elfjorc
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 04:16 AM EDT (US)     177 / 240       

Quote:

They suck becuase they canīt compete with egyptians or atlanteans. They get OWNED by both.

Well, how often does this involve strats that have a definitely superior advantage that was at least attempted to be addressed in this patch??

Quote:

Yeah, I should make a Kronos nick and only play rated... let's see how far I can come...
With Norse, I can't get across 1650, but that's because I'm a lesser player then you, SuperCharles.

Different people have different strengths and different preferred styles of play which they're better at. Even if you make 2000 with one god and can't make 1400 with any others, unless quite a number of people are like that, one-man attempts at that won't make for conclusive proof since a game's more than just civ vs. civ matchup (like which map, which civ your opponent had, which strat you tried to perform, which strat your opponent tried to perform, gold balance, settlement balance, how many mistakes you made, and stuff like that)

Is there anything in the world better than Matt Damon in the riddle scene in Ocean's Twelve?
FunClan_zero
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 06:12 AM EDT (US)     178 / 240       
Well fh if you want evidences, here they are

Norse vs kronos/oranos.

This match up is pretty hard for the norse player.
Let see to the training time of their units.

murmillo: 12sec
arcus: 12 sec
contreius: 17 sec
Katapeltes:14 sec
Chieroballista: 20 sec
turma: 14 sec
Fanatic: 12 sec

Norse units
Ulfsark: 9 sec
Ta: 16 sec
rc: 18 sec
Jarl: 9 sec
huskarl: 9 sec
hersir: 23 sec
ballista: 17 sec

bold= units avaible in classical

All norse classical units are created slower then atl units(except chieroballista) so they have faster their units= more army.
They can advance really fast without sacrificing their eco. They can easily advance on 4.30 and still be able to produce their units faster. Norse can advance early too, but their eco is a lot weaker then the atl one= another advantage of atl.
Then about the myth unit: atl get free favor from their tc, norse are forced to fight for it. They get a uber cheap myth unit called the prometian(sp?) who has great fighting skill and last long because they will return in offspring= so norse need to make atleast 4 hersir to own those bastards quick. Valor cancels the usage of myth units vs them. so these things are in favor of atlantis.

Now about the battle vs both armies.
because atl units train faster and most of them are counter units so most straight up battles are in favor of atlantis.
And here is the reason: you have a rc/ta combo vs katapeltes/turma or katapeltes/chiero's. We all know that rc are great units so your rc own chiero/turma and ta will own the katapeltes. On this point things will go wrong. Katapeltes are supposed to counter cav ONLY, but because their high hp and good armor it is decent vs other units too.
Now we all know that ta's are the worst inf counter if you compare to others: less hp, low multiplyer, countered by many units, slow training time. So you can get two situation why you will lose your battle: the raiders die faster to katapeltes then ta can counter due ta crappy stats and kata's high hp (once your meatshield is gone it is over) or ta's die to fast to turma's/chiero's before it really can do it job. So the prob is the multiplyer of ta's, he is too low vs the atl inf(only 2.25 vs them while ta's get 2.75 vs hoplites when they have all equal stats). So the solution is simple: give ta's: his old attack back or better multiplyer vs atl inf and reduce the training time.
Benjamin

Creator of the plenty article
Creator of the odin fast herioc guide
Creator of the The nereid guide
In progress: the scylla guide

[This message has been edited by FunClan_zero (edited 01-25-2004 @ 06:17 AM).]

Quircus
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 06:30 AM EDT (US)     179 / 240       
Ulsarks have better training time that Murmillo, and TA have better training time than Cherioballista.
Vassilis
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 06:42 AM EDT (US)     180 / 240       

Quote:

in tt though it's easier to make hop-tox cuz you don't have to worry about going heroic for tcs. and hop-tox is your better bet vs norse.

Maybe I should have made it a bit more clear why I prefare hippikon vs norse.

Well, because I usually try to have 3+ minotaurs in my army when I attack he is forced to build hersirs. Hersirs cost 80 food (I think) and to kill my minotaurs he will need at least 5 hersirs which will die chassing my minotaurs around the toxotes!

So he can't possibly have the food to build hersirs and lots of rc/ulfs. There will however be one unit massed and that is the TA cause it costs wood. And IMO hipps are a lot better against them than hops. This works great in maps like alfheim, ghost lake, savannah but is not that good in midgard, anatolia or oasis (in oasis you farm early so you can't get enough toxotes)

I guess this will work much better in TT cause minotaurs are stronger and you even get one for free!

« Previous Page  1 ··· 4 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames