You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.240 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Patch readme out!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Patch readme out!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
Lord_Cyrus
Mortal
posted 23 January 2004 08:08 PM EDT (US)         
http://www.ensemblestudios.com/age/index.html

==================
Age Of Mythology(tm) v1.09
Patch Release Notes
==================

If you are encountering out of sync (OOS) problems when playing multiplayer, go to http://www.windowsupdate.comand ensure that you have the latest updates. Specifically, downloading and installing the Microsoft Processor Driver Version 5.1.2600.1152 for the AMD Athlon is known to fix potential out of sync problems. Also, if you are having trouble connecting to ESO or to games and other users, please check out the Age of Mythology FAQ on http://www.eso.com.

==================
Patch 1.09 - fixes the record game feature and a couple ESO issues.
==================

CLIENT FIXES

- Fixed a database exploit.
- Fixed an exploit that could allow illegal market trades.
- Fixed an exploit involving relics that could sometimes generate free resources.
- Added additional checks for zoom cheats.

==================
Age Of Mythology(tm): The Titans v1.02
Patch Release Notes
==================

==================
Patch 1.02 - Fixed a few exploits, some bugs and made a few balance adjustments.
==================

CLIENT FIXES

- Fixed a database exploit.

- Fixed an exploit that could allow illegal market trades.

- Fixed an exploit involving relics that could sometimes generate free resources.

- Fixed a bug that allowed the Son of Osiris, the 2nd pharaoh and Ra priests to empower the Titan Gate during construction.

- Fixed a bug that allowed players to cancel upgrades at 99% and receive both the upgrade and the resources.

- Fixed a bug in recorded game playback where the "pause" text would be remain on-screen until the application was restarted.

- Added additional checks for zoom cheats.

- Unit Balance Adjustments (NOTE: Save games from all previous versions will not be affected by the balance changes. Recorded games from all previous versions are still supported and will replay as before):

Titan Gate build time increased by 10%

Isis' major god bonus (10% cost reduction for techs) now excludes "Secrets of the Titans" and all Age up techs

Turma and Turma Hero cost 5 more gold

Minion damage (Ancestors god power) decreased by 2

Promethean crush damage decreased by 3, cost increased by 10 gold

Isis monument protection radius reduced by 20%

Valor's maximum number of units converted decreased to 3 military units and 1 villager

Fenris wolf pack speed boost reduced to 15%

Fire giant crush damage reduced by 5

Katapeltes hitpoints reduced by 5

Gaia's economy techs reduced by 10%

Carnivora hitpoints increased by 25%

Caladria speed increased by 1, heal rate increased by 25%, and range increased by 4

Stymphalian Bird cost increased by 20 wood

Ulfsarks, Hoplite, and Murmillos and Spearman received damage bonus increase vs. Turma

Heka Gigantes hitpoints increased by 150

Contarius & Hero hitpoints increased by 10

Rheias Gift favor decreased by 5

Horns of Consecration costs 5 less favor and 30 more gold

Channels costs 75 less gold and 2 less favor

Shades' hitpoints increased by 10

Wadjet hitpoints increased by 20

Cyclops speed increased by .3

Minotaur speed increased by .2

Norse favor trickle reduced in Deathmatch

Atlantean TownCenter build time reduced in Deathmatch

Hersir TownCenter build time reduced in Deathmatch

Lord Cyrus
AuthorReplies:
SJB
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 06:45 AM EDT (US)     181 / 240       
Really, stop crying about TA. I bet 10 bucks that ES won't change it. They nerfed it twice and happy about it. If they restore it they would....lose face! Same about poor Set animals...

Anyways, use troll as a substitute! You will be amazed how effective they are! Use them to pick off toxotes; MU; turmas; gold miners; tree choppers; hoplites...infantry.. and most important of all, flying MU! I pick troll if I am Loki! The speed of fully upgraded Hersirs is 5.72! Archers will miss them until they start fighting! Oh, remember not to mix Hersirs will others in a group! Save a groupkey for Hersirs alone! TA and Troll in another group, RC another group.

FunClan_zero
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 06:48 AM EDT (US)     182 / 240       

Quoted from sjb:

Really, stop crying about TA. I bet 10 bucks that ES won't change it. They nerfed it twice and happy about it. If they restore it they would....lose face! Same about poor Set animals...
Anyways, use troll as a substitute! You will be amazed how effective they are! Use them to pick off toxotes; MU; turmas; gold miners; tree choppers; hoplites...infantry.. and most important of all, flying MU! I pick troll if I am Loki! The speed of fully upgraded Hersirs is 5.72! Archers will miss them until they start fighting! Oh, remember not to mix Hersirs will others in a group! Save a groupkey for Hersirs alone! TA and Troll in another group, RC another group.

Really usefull if you play odin :/. Look if ta is the reason why norse can't complete with atl then they should restore it.
Benjamin

Creator of the plenty article
Creator of the odin fast herioc guide
Creator of the The nereid guide
In progress: the scylla guide

[This message has been edited by FunClan_zero (edited 01-25-2004 @ 06:55 AM).]

Spook
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 07:38 AM EDT (US)     183 / 240       
Im not getting into the debate. Lets just say that I think norse were greatly boosted vs atlanteans in the patch and if you cant see why then im not explaining it.

I will say that most of the whiners here are not thinking "outside the box" - you can only see direct unit comparisons not how the changes are going to affect the over play styles of the 2 civs.

Cappuccino
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 07:58 AM EDT (US)     184 / 240       

Quote:

if you cant see why then im not explaining it.

I truly think that's the only sensible approach left with these kind of forumers. They only want to argue anyway, not learn something from reading and comprehending explanations.

City_Of_God
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 03:18 PM EDT (US)     185 / 240       
Generally good patch ES, definetly moving in the right direction although I seriously doubt the hierarchy of gods will change much. 2 things that imo definetly will need a look; TA need a similar bonus to murmillos as they get against hops and Atl hero system needs a serious look. Other than that lets just see how it goes. Thank the lord and all that is holy that the 99% bug is gone, with any small fortune forever...

[This message has been edited by City_Of_God (edited 01-25-2004 @ 03:19 PM).]

IamDominique
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 04:06 PM EDT (US)     186 / 240       
I agree with Spook.

Basically I miss two things in this patch and it would have been even better.

1. Atlantean hero conversion cheaper
2. Set animals get a small boost

and perhaps limit the Isis monuments more, but lets wait and see how things will turn out in the game.

SuperCharles
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 08:34 PM EDT (US)     187 / 240       
5/6 dentists... erm... experts agree: Norse suck. You noobs on these forums just don't like to see your precious ESO criticized. Face it, TA multiplier is the lowest of the inf counters. TA are counterable by just about everything, making them even worse. Until TAs are restored we will continue to see a poor UP Norse that is non-existent in the top 20, even top 100.

MY NAME: Jk_Trogdor_

Proud member of the Jagged Knights clan:

THE GREATEST SITE EVER:
www.homestarrunner.com

Etendorf
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 10:21 PM EDT (US)     188 / 240       
I really liked everything in this patch. Everything is fitting in nicely. The only major thing left is UP TA. That is really sad. The fg decrease is just depressing, but I don't have much experience with those.
deano3985
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 11:24 PM EDT (US)     189 / 240       
I'm done in this thread. People are just too stupid.
Mosasuarus
Mortal
posted 25 January 2004 11:28 PM EDT (US)     190 / 240       
Norse still look pretty good ,so what are you whining about?

`.¸¸.´´¯`._.ESO2:The_Conq`.¸¸.´´¯`._.

I need a better sig.

NIB
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 04:49 AM EDT (US)     191 / 240       

Quote:

Norse still look pretty good ,so what are you whining about?

Most ppl whine cause norse cant beat murmillos, fanatics. And also tas cant beat other counter-cavalry infantry as fast as counter-cavalry infantry can beat cavalry.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

IamDominique
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 07:37 AM EDT (US)     192 / 240       
I can see that Norse players may think that TA seem weaker than before - which of course it does since it has been nerfed.

What I do not understand at all, is that when I play as Atlantean my experience is that a Norse player that knows what he is doing is quite hard to beat, even if I beat the same person easily when I use Isis. As easy as it seems to me to beat Norse with Isis, I find that the norse player will accept it and say that I am a good player, whereas when I use Atlanteans and have far more problems - if I still manage to win, the norse player will argue that he would have won "if I didn't use OP-atlanteans". Since I know that if I can win with atlanteans the most probable is that he would have had no chance at all if I had used Isis, it seems very strange to me that some Norse players react like that.

Can anyone else explain this?

Zeusfollower
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 08:45 AM EDT (US)     193 / 240       
dominique, i think its mostly because its very hard if not impossible for norse to counter atl combo till mythic when ballista is available (even then its still hard cause fanatics still kill the meatshields very effectively).

atm no norse combo can beat murmillo/kata+chiero and in mythic fanatics+chiero.

while people said isis is stronger than atl its not the case against norse. i'm a norse (mainly odin) player myself and i find i have easier time dealing with isis than pranos/kronos cause even tho axemen counter 3/4 norse classic units i still have rcs that isis/eggy classic units have prob to counter as well (i think spears got boosted in tt, not sure)

and for you to say that you will defeat someone easier with isis than with atl, maybe you're better with isis than playing atl.

IaM_MeTH_
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 11:24 AM EDT (US)     194 / 240       
Ok the fact is that Es made a really too fun civ with norse, if they were well balanced every body would play with them so they nerfed them again and again (maybe cuz poor noob cried to much about being raided or rushed )

So now they can't counter infantry ,they get raped by that stymphallian (that wuz really dumb by es creating that unit btw).I tried myself playin some other civ ( isis ft ,cronos rush ,greek booming )

i just have no fun doing this; so i play norse ( odin the weakest norse btw ) i do rarely rated cuz i'm just too pissed off being owned by some noob that play atlantean or isis FT .For the patch.. nerfing isis wuz good eventhough eggy is still OP and for atlantean i'm disapointed that they didn't changed their economy that is way too simple and good and a silly change to that damned kalatpeltes. But wut pepole don't understand is that norses can't build Titan well, can't take second tc as soon they are in classical have the worst trainig times (23 sec a hersir ... dumb)and also the hardest econoly i saw somewhere a guy who waz sayin norse is a noob civ .. OMFG

ES did u remember that it's supposed to be an aggressive civ??? so norses players don't let them down, keep cool while u're being lamed, ES hates you that's it ^^ let the noobs being proud of their op civ and call you whinner they just don't deserve ya to explain them how pityfull your civ became and maybe u don't win a lot with norse but at least you have fun while playin and that's the most important ..

Cya and norse Rox (nobody )

[This message has been edited by IaM_MeTH_ (edited 01-26-2004 @ 11:34 AM).]

IaM_MeTH_
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 11:30 AM EDT (US)     195 / 240       
deano3985
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 11:58 AM EDT (US)     196 / 240       
I don't play rated either, not because I don't want to lose, but because it's so ****ing repetitive. I mean really, it's all Kronos, Oranos, and Isis. If you are lucky then you get owned by a Hades Toxote spammer which Norse can't counter. Or maybe you get owned by a Zeus infantry spammer. I nearly feel blessed when I play a Norse just for the fact that I know I will actually have a fun and relatively fair battle. Do I enjoy playing Odin? Of course and no matter how under powered they are I won't change that. The way I see it though, as long as I'm 1750 with Odin now, if/when he gets boost to a balanced state then my rating should break 1800. All I'd like to see is for ES to just give us a clear and detailed explaination of why they feel Norse are balanced. I find that the thousands of people that play Norse would have a better understanding of Norse's standing in balance than a select few group of ES employees that probably only play the game casually. But that's just my interpretation. As for ES, if they continue to nerf Norse when they obviously don't need it then all I can say is that I and a few others probably have a few four letter words that we'd like to say to the balancing team, but we will keep them to ourselves.

By the way. Who cares if Norse are the most fun to play. It's the gamers decision on what civ he wants to play. ES is stupid if they think that the players would rather have an unbalanced game with 25% of the players playing each civ as opposed to a balanced game where maybe a little more players play Norse.

This patch is a step in the right direction but a very very small one, and by no means is this game close to balanced in terms of Norse.

City_Of_God
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 12:52 PM EDT (US)     197 / 240       

Norse really are fine against everyone other than Oranos Kronos and to some extent isis. If you think that norse get owned by everyone then your view is either very biased, misinformed or you are simply not very good. A few quotes Deano,

Quote:

If you are lucky then you get owned by a Hades Toxote spammer which Norse can't counter.

You are going way over the top and undermining your argument in the process. Try any amount of Hades Tox vs the same number of RC and you will see the fallacy in your statement.

Quote:

Or maybe you get owned by a Zeus infantry spammer.

Again it has been shown numerous times that TA fair fine against hops in numbers of about 5+. Again your hyperbolous rantings only seek to undermine your, somewhat poignant argument.

As far as I am concerned Norse are fine vs Greek. The situation has not changed since vanilla, Norse own classic whereas Greek become stronger in Heroic. Have people forgotten how to spam RC and raid ???

Eggy has always been strong but Norse fair better than Greek. Eggy has no counter for RC in classic forcing a FH. Simple gold control against RA/Set will yield good results. Isis is a different story to some extent due to anc/ecl.

Atl, Norse have a problem against. TA need a similar bonus to murms and fanatics as they get vs hops and myrms. Both myrms and fanatics have never sat happy with me anyway, Having 1 unit that counters basically all of your human army is asking for trouble imo. Thank god you can only get them in mythic.

Just for your information there are a number of top norse players. MOR_Romio is currently at no.9 playing a lot of loki. MAD_Herod, an excellent Odin player who I have had the pleasure of playing against is at no.22. Olympus_MU no.37 or something playing exclusively norse continually reiterates that he thinks norse are fine. This is to mention nothing of Fird. So just to show you that there are players who are doing well with Norse. Maybe if you played rated and practiced in 1v1 situations you would come to realise that norse are not half as bad as you seem to think they are and can be very strong in the right hands.

Think about the poor people who like to play Gaia. Countering MU is ridiculously costly. Gaia is definetly worse atm the any norse god.

And before you call me a noob, I am currently 1780 (City_Of_God), nothing to shout about but I think I understand the game relatively well, playing a lot of rdm civ. I am almost certain that I have games under every god and 1/4 of those are with norse.

poppy123
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 12:54 PM EDT (US)     198 / 240       
Jesus stop ****ing crying Deano, ive read your shit all day. Get over it, maybe just maybe these people are better than you on occasions?

I agree the TA needs looking at but some of the suggestions here are stupid. Boost then so they get a 4x Multipliyer. Jesus people have no idea.

BTW there are Norse in the top 100, i checked.

Also is there a swear filter here? Ah well if not i get banned AOMH has turned into a moaning kids site. And i am adding to it

[This message has been edited by poppy123 (edited 01-26-2004 @ 12:54 PM).]

Cicero_
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 01:01 PM EDT (US)     199 / 240       
The thing is, most of you guys don't understand that TA are the only Norse infantry counter, they have basically nothing else unless you want to spend 300 rescources on a siege weapon the will get owned by cavalry. They take a good while to train, they do an 'ok' job. Do you really think that spamming ballista is viable? It really doesn't do anything. Turma will just rape your TA when your rc finally get to them. Well, that's just my 2 cents.

Cicero_
The great numbers in which you are here met this day, O Romans, and this assembly, greater than, it seems to me, I ever remember, inspires me with both an exceeding eagerness to defend the republic and with a great hope of relenquishing it.
-Cicero's Fourth Philippic [106 B.C.-43 B.C.]

[This message has been edited by Cicero_ (edited 01-26-2004 @ 05:03 PM).]

City_Of_God
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 01:14 PM EDT (US)     200 / 240       

Quote:

The thing is, most of you guys don't understand that TA are the only Norse infantry counter

My god you've really opened my eyes, I never knew that TA were Norse's only inf. counter until mythic. What you dont understand mon ami is that other than Murmillo's and Fanatics TA do fine against all inf.

Quote:

they have basically nothing else unless you want to spend 300 rescources on a siege weapon the will get owned by cavalry.

Oh come on man. Chiero's get owned by cav cost uber res. and are not even a siege weapon but you dont here Atl players complaining do you.

I cannot make head nor tale of what you are trying to say in your next 2 sentences so Ill skip those for now.

Quote:

It really doesn't do anything. Turma will just rape your TA when your rc finally get to them

Again your really scraping the barrel here. RC are the fastest classical unit in the game. RC are faster than turma so how will your RC "finally" get to them. Im sorry but your argument is BS man.

Quircus
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 01:16 PM EDT (US)     201 / 240       
The fact that TA are the only Norse Infantry Counter (they get no archer unit), doesn't mean they should be more powerful/effective, it just means they should be easier to make.

Egypt get Chariots and [Axemen]
Atlantean get Arcus, Cherioballista and Fanatic
Greek get Toxotes, Hypaspist
Norse get TA.

IMO, Decrease Training Time slighly. The mere fact that they come from the main Norse Military Building is a bonus in itself - Chariots need Migdols which are hard to mass, Greek need several of each building to adapt to enemy units easily, and Atlantean need both Counter Barracks and Barracks to make good armies, which means spending twice as much resources as Egypt/Norse.

Axemen and TA are the easiest counter-infantry to make/mass, but TA are ranged so their stats should not be based on the Axemens' stats.

Ballistae are too expensive and die too easily to Cavalry/Infantry to be widely-used Infantry Counters.

My two cents too

[This message has been edited by Quircus (edited 01-26-2004 @ 03:25 PM).]

goodbaby
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 01:25 PM EDT (US)     202 / 240       
Hmm charles,norse players are in the top.Ex_Romio and Mor_Romio(well,they are the same person).Mad_HeroD is currently #23.
Walkingtothemoon also used loki in his last 2 games and currently stay at #16.
IamDominique
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 01:31 PM EDT (US)     203 / 240       
"The fact that TA are the only Norse Infantry Counter (they get no archer unit), doesn't mean they should be more powerful/effective, it just means they should be easier to make.

Egypt get Chariots and Slingers
Atlantean get Arcus, Cherioballista and Fanatic
Greek get Toxotes, Hypaspist
Norse get TA."

That is not correct. First of all, the Norse get Ballistae too and Egypts main infantry counter is the Axeman.

gpace00
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 02:43 PM EDT (US)     204 / 240       
I don't claim to know much (if anything) about the finer points of strategy in AOM, but many years of real life working experience has taught me that arguing, name calling and not listening to a person's points results in, drumroll, nada.
So...everyone atleast try and see the argument from the other person's angle, attempt to use some form of english that I can read (what is roxorz?), refrain from name calling and maybe we can compromise/hash out a suggestion letter to ES that satisfies everyone.
Some noob
aomok_go
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 02:59 PM EDT (US)     205 / 240       
WOW 200+ posts..:S........(That's more than PAOM and MFO combined)
75% unhappy Norse players posts
50% flaming
20% of posts are trying to give good arguments
10% trying to cool things down.
again: WOW ............;/:S
NIB
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 04:21 PM EDT (US)     206 / 240       

Quote:

75% unhappy Norse players posts
50% flaming
20% of posts are trying to give good arguments
10% trying to cool things down.

Damn you suck at math .

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

Zeusfollower
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 04:27 PM EDT (US)     207 / 240       
lol nib,
maybe he meant that some of the "norse players posts" posts are also contains flaming so they fall into both category

anyway, i agree with gpace to keep things civil and have a good discussions/arguments withoout name calling and/or flaming

SteelBlade
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 04:29 PM EDT (US)     208 / 240       
LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL LLll
StaR_JJ
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 04:46 PM EDT (US)     209 / 240       
Mmmmmmmmmmmmm.............

Lets play for a few months and then look at what happens. I think it is a bit premature to complain untill we actually know what the real game consequences are. New strategies will evolve and we can all agree that the game is going to be more balanced, although there might be another patch needed to complete it.

Let's be glad ESO learned a lesson and did not nerf any particular civ completely into oblivion.

Cheers,
JJ

You are as young as you feel.

Visit one of the oldest Australian AOK/AOM clans here:
http://www.starclan.org/starclan.php

aomok_go
Mortal
posted 26 January 2004 05:46 PM EDT (US)     210 / 240       
ROFL NIB Ok, maybe not the best estimations I ever made, but then again i did fail my last math statistics test(which is why i never touch the keys 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,0 in my posts)
I can calculate the statistics for you , but I'm just too lazy to count in 200+ posts
I think I made my point though..........

On-topic: I think the patch could have been een far worse than it is.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 5 6 7 8  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames