You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.95 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » wierdest/easiest win you've ever gotten
Bottom
Topic Subject:wierdest/easiest win you've ever gotten
« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
badabing3dgs
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 07:25 PM EDT (US)         
I have a few.

one of them was today, i was playing an Advanced Setup game His rating said 1600 but he played much better, I'd say about 1700 - 1750...anyway, he was owning me, he had total map control, yet i somehow kept the better the economy...anyway, after a few tough battles I win a TC from the middle of the map, and get to the titan age, note his score is much more than mine, alomost 3,000 more.

I make it to the titan age, but before I even place the titan gate he resigns. I was like ummm ok

Another win was before i left AoM....I was playing and i managed to get to the classical age around the 4:40 mark wit zues, i make no more than 5 hippipkons, and the 1 free mino, go into his base and he resigns saying he wasn't ready for my attack yet..

anyway, I didn't a thread like this, so i thought it would be fun to hear your stories...

AuthorReplies:
LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 07:44 PM EDT (US)     1 / 95       
I heard about a game in this forum a looong time ago but there was a game somebody played against a noob--I think it was his first game--and he adopted an odd strategy: Fear. He said "my army is coming to get you" a few minutes later he said "you'll never survive". And then "My cavalry is so powerful" and then proceded to run his starting greek scout into the enemies base, where he promptly resigned! Best game ever

" I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the soldiers a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while. Unfortunately, one of the casualties was Taur Urgas' oldest son. The king of the Murgos took it personally. He's very narrow-minded sometimes. "

" Usually, when I need a boat, I steal one. Using one of my own seems immoral somehow. "

Centurion_13
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 07:47 PM EDT (US)     2 / 95       
My weirdest win was when I lagged it so much the enemy resigned.... maybe that could become a strat.
OutlandishTeacup
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 08:09 PM EDT (US)     3 / 95       
My easiest was an attempted krush, but first I attacked one of his villies with a hero oracle and he resigned. Must have been scared of my scout...

    
Pathfinder
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 10:03 PM EDT (US)     4 / 95       
I had a weird win the other night.

My opponent, playing Set, made it to Classical pretty fast. And then made it to Heroic fast too. I kept scouting his gold mines with Hippikons, and could find no trace of him anywhere. I did encounter several waves of Set animals. The guy went mythic before me, as my army moved in to attack his home base.

That's when I realized that his base had 8 buildings: TC, temple, armory, market, and 4 starting towers.

The Vision-Meteor on my base didn't slow me down at all, but it did make me laugh...

badabing3dgs
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 10:23 PM EDT (US)     5 / 95       

Quote:

I heard about a game in this forum a looong time ago but there was a game somebody played against a noob--I think it was his first game--and he adopted an odd strategy: Fear. He said "my army is coming to get you" a few minutes later he said "you'll never survive". And then "My cavalry is so powerful" and then proceded to run his starting greek scout into the enemies base, where he promptly resigned! Best game ever

haha that's great, i think someone did that to me once but i ended up beating him, cuz i didn't believe him

Thebean
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 04:20 AM EDT (US)     6 / 95       
About six months ago:

Me: Yo
Guy: Hey
Me:U any good?
Guy: Only DM
Guy: Suck at supremacy
Guy: On here by mistake

Guy = resigns.

Meteora is a pissy bitch

Dio is Trentin Anthony Tracanna
PhatFish
Mr. Beta
posted 24 January 2005 05:35 AM EDT (US)     7 / 95       
Lol. Started a rated game, with kronos. Once the game started the other guy imidiatly resigned.

filmdirector2
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 07:23 AM EDT (US)     8 / 95       
Started a rated game with Hades.
The Norse enemy just made no vils, killed his current vils, and scouted with his ulfsark the whole time.
GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 24 January 2005 07:53 AM EDT (US)     9 / 95       

Quote:

Me: Yo
Guy: Hey
Me:U any good?
Guy: Only DM
Guy: Suck at supremacy
Guy: On here by mistake

Guy = resigns.

Must have been me.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok
Centurion_13
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 08:25 AM EDT (US)     10 / 95       
Could have been, or some otehr DM player
Thebean
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 09:57 AM EDT (US)     11 / 95       
I can't remember the username, so it coulda been a few people.

Meteora is a pissy bitch

Pug
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 10:11 AM EDT (US)     12 / 95       
I was playing a game that was going very normal in archaic. Right arount 6 min he game with 20 or so ulfs, I was like, how the hell, But the thing is, he was still in archaic. IT was a slaughter.
Thebean
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 11:13 AM EDT (US)     13 / 95       
^^And an archiac Ulf has what attack? 3?

Meteora is a pissy bitch

TheAmaizingDave
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 11:15 AM EDT (US)     14 / 95       
When you get 5 second wins and your opponent just resigns at start.

When you are in a 2v2/3v3 game and one of your allies resigns right at start. I always plead for a save when this happens. Anyway - they wont save but you go on to win, this has happened a few times. I always type 'shudda saved '

badabing3dgs
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 11:19 AM EDT (US)     15 / 95       
haha this is great.

I had one last night.

it was a rated game, i was zues he odin...

he scouted my base and used Great hunt on a herd of deer near my base. after that he proceeded to curse a little bit then resigned.

I don't understand how ppl can mess up like that, but oh well.

Skydragon
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 11:23 AM EDT (US)     16 / 95       
The one that rewarded me with a supremacy rating of 1625 ! I accidently started it (mistaking it for deathmatch) and I was about to quit when my enemy did just that

Always flying around at Ambition Designs.
If you want something done properly, kill Baldrick before you start ! -Edmund Blackadder
Olli_Moriturus
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 12:59 PM EDT (US)     17 / 95       
I know a god power that provides instant vicotry : 'DA MAJOR LAGGG!!!'
beware! u dont get this god power often, u can increase chance of getting this mighty gp by running as many programs as possible during the game and have a very, very crappy pc! ...lol
DarkFlame
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 01:00 PM EDT (US)     18 / 95       
Nothing special. Just someone who didn't make villagers. Got to mythic, spammed temples and castles all over the map, then marched a myth unit army into his archaic TC.

Must've been more than a year ago, though, it was the first time I tried playing Isis.

Ohmigod, fancy colour fading!
I blame these purple things.
GFWL: NilePenguin
antonyzz1
Banned
posted 24 January 2005 01:19 PM EDT (US)     19 / 95       
was in a DM; 2 vs 2.
the first thing i did, i destroyed my sttlement by mistake (my finger was on the wrong button lol). while i was archaic, my two ennemies were mythic, while my ally used a meteor to destroy his base. the game took an hour, i was desperately holding off my 2 ennemies. then when i sent a few guys in my 2 ennemies direction, they just give up.
Cacs2
Banned
posted 24 January 2005 01:31 PM EDT (US)     20 / 95       
i tink it has to be wen i was online and the host put on cheats, i just quickly typed in thrill of victory, wat an easy game.
Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 04:06 PM EDT (US)     21 / 95       
Started a game, it lagged at 1st.. my opponent didnt move any units.. just went in and killed him off at 6 mins, oddly enough i got a "gl hf" right before I killed him..

Must have been some connection error, still quite the weird game..

rippy
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 05:11 PM EDT (US)     22 / 95       
lmao, my first online game was the best. I was Oranos, playing vs a Zeus player with a rating of around 1600. Exept i thought i picked Kronos, and didn't realise it until i tried time shifting my temple, lol. So i brought a villy to the side of the enemy base and made a second temple there while advancing, and did a krush (exept with Oranos, and 30 secs later). I valor'ed my oracles and started spamming turma, then switched off to cheiros when i remembered he was zeus :P

He ended up calling me a smurf. I was happy. >=)

EDIT: (To answer below post)

Yep, i did pull a pretty good one off. I kinda have a phobia of online games, so i'd had aom/aot for over a year before i played online :P And anyways, you'd be suprised at how good you can get by watching recs and practising on moderate comps O.o

lol, i do have a rec if you think i'm a liar or something :P

"Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and you warm him for the rest of his life." -Chinese proverb

"If MacGyver and Jack Bauer were in a fight, Chuck Norris would win."

[This message has been edited by rippy (edited 01-24-2005 @ 06:18 PM).]

TheAmaizingDave
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 05:45 PM EDT (US)     23 / 95       
He should have went cav and archers.

So it was your first online game - but you pretty much knew how to do a decent krush?

saiyangoku66
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 05:56 PM EDT (US)     24 / 95       
start up a rush, and as your vills are qeued up, press 11 as many times as you can... totally distracts him as you bring in your army from one direction first, and the other one from another directions after 15 seconds.

a noob...a big, strong, dangerous noob
timyall
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 06:07 PM EDT (US)     25 / 95       
the taunts wouldnt really distract him but anyway

once i was playing and had massed a giant army when one of my allies won with a wonder really annoying

badabing3dgs
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 06:14 PM EDT (US)     26 / 95       
lol I haven't gotten any easy or wierd ones today, some ppl are so stupid when they play :-p too bad for them
Howitzer86
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 06:34 PM EDT (US)     27 / 95       
My best win was when I played a 3vs3 on megalopolis. It was kinda 2vs3 because my third ally didn't know how to play and made three vill (he was Atlantean, one for each resource)and then about 30 minutes into the game my opponent built a wonder but was building very slowly. I saw that and decided to build a wonder. I built it a half-second earlier than he did and nine minutes my greek ally destroyed his wonder and then we just sat around waiting for a minute. It was awesome.
Lord_Aaltar
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 08:26 PM EDT (US)     28 / 95       
I was playing against a newb. I was Atlantean (Titan's just came out and I wanted to eperiment, don't hate me) and he was Norse. He stared off by saying

"Hi. How are you?"

and I new he was a newb. I said

"Fine. Are you new?"

"Yes... Be nice to me?"

"Sure."

I putzed around the map for an hour not really doing anything constructive. I assembled a decently sized army and decided to give this new guy the thrill of a "big" battle that he would win. I took half my forces to his walled base and found that he only had ten hersir and ten vils. My half army easily cleaned out his base. After sitting around for an hour I got tired of this and killed him.

An assimilating strat is the best strat
D12_WerlD
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 08:37 PM EDT (US)     29 / 95       

Quote:

My weirdest win was when I lagged it so much the enemy resigned.... maybe that could become a strat.

Careful what you say, Cenuturion

MY weirdest ever was i started it up, then the guy just said he had to go for dinner and left...

i got 4 points for that

-Ben Smith 999

Excalibur1022
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 08:54 PM EDT (US)     30 / 95       
im gonna go with weirdest

i was hades and he was thor, but i usually figure hey, hades is a ***** to rush, so i just make several toxotes, a couple heroes, and some hoplites, and im usually right and end up repelling the rush.

but this guy was Roxxolz!!1!11!1!!one!!oneoneone!1

i had just clicked heroic, wondering "why hasnt he done anything yet..." this was around 9 mins. about 5 seconds later he comes in with this HUGE upgraded army and pwns my sorry *** clean off the map, and im thinking "holy hell, this guys good"

...i was wrong i guess. i got away with 10 vils and ran to a nearby settlement, and still had the resources to build one. it was like starting completely over, against an enemy whos already got a full-fledged army.

he hit again, like he shouldve, but by some miracle of god (along with curse and restoration and a nemean lion :P) i pushed the attack back with my much smaller army, and even razed a few longhouses before i had to pull back. now im thinking, hey that was pretty good. i guess he had to waste more resources on another army, because he still didnt advance to heroic.

the game went on and i blasted him off my original settlement with some petroboli and toxotes, and the game evened out, even tilted in my favor. i went on to win.

it was weird because, how the heck can you make a comeback with 10 vils in late classic??

maybe he wasnt as good as i thought

« Previous Page  1 2 3 ··· 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames