You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.95 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » wierdest/easiest win you've ever gotten
Bottom
Topic Subject:wierdest/easiest win you've ever gotten
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
badabing3dgs
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 07:25 PM EDT (US)         
I have a few.

one of them was today, i was playing an Advanced Setup game His rating said 1600 but he played much better, I'd say about 1700 - 1750...anyway, he was owning me, he had total map control, yet i somehow kept the better the economy...anyway, after a few tough battles I win a TC from the middle of the map, and get to the titan age, note his score is much more than mine, alomost 3,000 more.

I make it to the titan age, but before I even place the titan gate he resigns. I was like ummm ok

Another win was before i left AoM....I was playing and i managed to get to the classical age around the 4:40 mark wit zues, i make no more than 5 hippipkons, and the 1 free mino, go into his base and he resigns saying he wasn't ready for my attack yet..

anyway, I didn't a thread like this, so i thought it would be fun to hear your stories...

AuthorReplies:
mzhaO
Mortal
posted 24 January 2005 11:25 PM EDT (US)     31 / 95       
^^^^^ LOL. My weirdest/easiest win was when the host had left cheats enabled and I spammed Titans

/mzhao
Jax9725
Mortal
posted 25 January 2005 07:28 AM EDT (US)     32 / 95       
I was playing DM against a noob, I was already in mythic age when he was only in classical, and I just loaded one helepolis and filled it with myrmidons and crushed down his base in 2 minutes.
Lord of terroR
Mortal
posted 25 January 2005 11:22 AM EDT (US)     33 / 95       
i played sup like always with hades.

i was way!!!1 to late cous i had to help my mom so after 7 mins i still wasnt up.

this guy was up at 7:30 (noob) with thor.

i wasnt ready for him and when i saw some ulf i did sentinal.

the guy resigns!!!!

The power of hell is coming...
FoH; Forces of Hell
saiyangoku66
Mortal
posted 25 January 2005 02:56 PM EDT (US)     34 / 95       
mine was in a TW game... i was hades, spaming gastras, and he was laughing his ass off because i was holding at the wal, which he had masses raiding cavalry at. so the game goes on for this for like an hour... i decide to quickly end the game- i send a vill through an underworld, built 8 forts, pumped gastras, GG

a noob...a big, strong, dangerous noob
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 28 January 2005 01:04 PM EDT (US)     35 / 95       
My easiest win:

I was Hades, he was Oranos. We were playin on islands. I start my economy as usual, advance to the classical age just after him and start making toxotes (as usual). I build a trireme at my dock to look for my opponent, find it after 2 minutes. I put 9 toxotes and a cyclop in a transport and sail to his island. On his island i find a allmost deserted base, only some citizens and barely any military. So i walk through his base, i couldnt do much, since toxotes suck against buildings, so i attack his citizens, lose my toxotes on towers and his TC. Meanwhile, we both go to heroic. I build another force: toxotes, hoplites and catapults, sail to his island. When i come there, that nutter has build 4 (yes, 4) palaces, but still no military units anywhere. I destroy the palaces with my catapults, he resigns, what a noob

Paradise X
Mortal
posted 28 January 2005 02:42 PM EDT (US)     36 / 95       
i start the game off and my opponent is "not responding". so being the good guy i am i wait for him. we play and he's whooping my @$$ in scores but keeps "not responding" everytime i wait for him. he finally comes after me and pretty much wipes me out cept for some villies that i had run and some others i had doing gold in the corner of the map. he finds my villies that i had run away and then is "not responding" again. in a move of desperation i hit the "drop" button and when the count down expires i win! :-)

[This message has been edited by Paradise X (edited 01-28-2005 @ 02:44 PM).]

badabing3dgs
Mortal
posted 28 January 2005 05:40 PM EDT (US)     37 / 95       
i was playing an advanced setup game the other day, and i didn't realize that it was time for me to go eat dinner. The game had just started it was about 6 minutes into the game, when i asked if we could save and resume later. The kid resigns. I was like wtf
Pug
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 09:41 AM EDT (US)     38 / 95       
A long time ago, i had cast lure. My enemy had shift clicked some boars or something. I lured a boar to my base and his foodies, followed. Maybe my first archaic win.
badabing3dgs
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 09:45 AM EDT (US)     39 / 95       
haha maybe that could be a new strat. if only you could chose what animals to lure. :-p
FinalLevel
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 09:15 PM EDT (US)     40 / 95       
The easiest win I ever got was when I tried self rate for a change and played a 1400 player, he resigned immediately and when I tried again I felt sorry I got matched up with him again and he resigned.

Off Topic Question: Is there a way to avoid opponents who lag bad in rated matches? (Wouldn't like having to resign in a game because of bad lag)

Olli_Moriturus
Mortal
posted 30 January 2005 09:35 AM EDT (US)     41 / 95       
omg ...I just 'beat' some guy... I was Isis, he Oranos. I got heroic, he got CLASSICAL 20 seconds after I got heroic. I was preparing me FH and sent my free anubite to scout and see what he's building. He sees my anubite and resigns :s ...too bad it wasn't rated
okm
Mortal
posted 30 January 2005 06:01 PM EDT (US)     42 / 95       
one time i played a game and after about 4.65 seconds he resigned and said i was a smurf i dont know why he would think that after 4.65 seconds
zBurito
Mortal
posted 30 January 2005 08:06 PM EDT (US)     43 / 95       
hmm who knows why, maybe it was your name?

Anyways easiest win would be the most obvious, someone quiting at the start... wierdest, I dont know...

ESO Name : FFR_Rusher
Zone : zBurito
FFR Forums
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 31 January 2005 11:40 AM EDT (US)     44 / 95       
wierdest opening, an atlantian who every time i found his base deleated every building and moved onto a new TC sopt! he was oranos obviously, but come on he was wasting 10000's of reasorces just to keep out of my way, in the end i beat him by putting an army on every TC and just hunted his villies down, till he ressigned.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
Murrogh
Mortal
posted 31 January 2005 01:27 PM EDT (US)     45 / 95       
The wierdest and easiest win I ever had was this: I was Posiden, first he says. "are you an American?"
I answer, "yes."
his response is, "America sux. Bush is a murdering %$@%@."
I say, "what? what are you talking about."
he says, "Americans are slaughtering civilians."
I say, "not all Americans are for the war (even though I am.)"
By this time I had advanced and got an army and was moving into his base at which he resigned.

it was rated.

[This message has been edited by Murrogh (edited 01-31-2005 @ 01:28 PM).]

misterzeus
Mortal
posted 31 January 2005 03:58 PM EDT (US)     46 / 95       
i know this sounds kinda dumb, but when i play my younger brother i always win (i know i know, it really is expected and i don't take much pride in beating him) but he enjoys the experience and cuz we play over LAN we can be in the same room talkin about strats and he gains valuable tips. i am lookin forward to the day he beats me.

anyway...

i was kronos he was isis. now, he's only 8, and hes not THE BEST eight year old either, hes a canny little player tho. but anyway i krushed him using the 2 villie rush and he resigned. and was pretty angry too. that was the easiest win ive had.

for the strangest? well i was against this guy on advanced setup and he had allowed cheats without me 'knowing about it' (i hate those idiots who change it just b4 u click in green). anyway i checked and thort "well whos expecting TITANOMACHY or ISIS HEAR MY PLEA?" well not him - i thrilled to victory and won in the opening ten seconds.

showed him!

Beaver_Reaper
Mortal
posted 02 February 2005 11:05 AM EDT (US)     47 / 95       
What the hell is a smurf? I mean I know what the little blue guys are but in AOM terms what are they?
coxy65
Mortal
posted 06 February 2005 09:48 AM EDT (US)     48 / 95       
One of my games once i was gonna network with my friend in his house and we had been bragging to each other about how good we were and i was worryed that he might beat me beacause if he did he would bag me out all night

Anyway we start our game (me gaia and him kronos)and mid classical i have about 9 murmillos but first since i had one rite near his base i thought i should just attack his tower to lower its hitpoints for my attack. just when i start atttaking with this one infantry guy he resighns.And GUESS WHAT

the nekst game we have a 2v2 with me and a com vs him and a com and when my ally attacks his allys scout with his scout my friends resighns!!LOL I still laugh about it in front of him

Argalius
Mortal
posted 06 February 2005 11:17 AM EDT (US)     49 / 95       
My weirdest win was pretty long ago. It was 2v2 and my friend and I got owned by our enemies, they already took over the mid. Somehow I always play good when I'm almost dead (which most of the time is too late ) so I started to spam barracks everywhere because he kept destroying them and I couldn't get a decent army. I had a pretty good eco so I decided to make a mountain giant. I walked with it and destroyed 10+ of his barracks with just one giant! Then me and my friend walked to their cities and pawned their a**es!

|| argalius.elpea.net
|| Cherub at AoE3H
|| In honor of FlipBizcut
|| Mod: The Age of Crusades
Fazy
Mortal
posted 06 February 2005 12:25 PM EDT (US)     50 / 95       
I was Gaia playing against an Isis player on Marsh. I had blocked off his gold mines except 2 and his intial one because i didn't have the power to get them. I had total map control but I just couldn't beat him off. I was at citizen limit (not including heroes) and i was having trouble maintaining the resources for my army. His score was alot higher then mine which i was surprised with because he had no gold. Anyway, the game went to mythic and the only way i could win was by using a titan. That was a weird game.
Mosasuarus
Mortal
posted 06 February 2005 07:33 PM EDT (US)     51 / 95       
I remember when I had this crap PC and whenever I began with Ra on rated, the other person would immediately drop. I got to 1800 with this strat.

`.¸¸.´´¯`._.ESO2:The_Conq`.¸¸.´´¯`._.

I need a better sig.

deathnight
Mortal
posted 06 February 2005 10:37 PM EDT (US)     52 / 95       
WEll theres 2 games where i had an easy victory

1.This guy sends all his 3 villys and scout and says "my sacrifise"and he resined wtf
2.I send my prommy into this newbs base and he goes wtf!no fair!the title said no rushing!and he resigns

Lord of terroR
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 04:15 AM EDT (US)     53 / 95       
i play rated {yesterday}

he typs: are u in a clan???

i: yes why i wanna play

he: ok

resigns

damn scared of a clan

The power of hell is coming...
FoH; Forces of Hell
mzhaO
Mortal
posted 07 February 2005 06:00 PM EDT (US)     54 / 95       
@ Beaver_Reaper: A smurf (specifically "smurf name") is an account that a player creates to fool n00bs into thinking they're at the n00b level

/mzhao
SGE
Mortal
posted 08 February 2005 05:47 PM EDT (US)     55 / 95       
Yesterday, I was playing and loosing, but all of the sudden my enemy wrote srry bedtime, and resigned. I no it sucks but it was kind of funny at the moment.
fox7574
Mortal
posted 08 February 2005 05:56 PM EDT (US)     56 / 95       
Lol. All these stories r gr8. My easiest was the guy sed to me " oops i bilt the wrong unit and tried to delete it but i accidently clicked on town centre and deleted that" and this was ryt at the begining
badabing3dgs
Mortal
posted 08 February 2005 08:05 PM EDT (US)     57 / 95       
haha i used to accidently delete my TC all the time. Then i made my own hot keys :-p
fox7574
Mortal
posted 12 February 2005 09:19 PM EDT (US)     58 / 95       
i have neva dun that b4

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
i r n00b
Banned
posted 13 February 2005 06:58 AM EDT (US)     59 / 95       
How can you accidently delete something? Idiots.
Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 13 February 2005 09:04 AM EDT (US)     60 / 95       
Oh, you mis-click or something. Once while playing TOAO_ChronoJJ (you guys remember him, top 20 Supremacy?) in Deathmatch, we both made our Titans after fighting for a while.

When the Titans were finished, I sent mine to the battlefield, only to find out that he was being blocked by this immaculate wall I had constructed. In my hurry to delete the wall, I deleted the Titan. Chrono was nice, and we saved the game.

That's how.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames