You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.95 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » wierdest/easiest win you've ever gotten
Bottom
Topic Subject:wierdest/easiest win you've ever gotten
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
badabing3dgs
Mortal
posted 23 January 2005 07:25 PM EDT (US)         
I have a few.

one of them was today, i was playing an Advanced Setup game His rating said 1600 but he played much better, I'd say about 1700 - 1750...anyway, he was owning me, he had total map control, yet i somehow kept the better the economy...anyway, after a few tough battles I win a TC from the middle of the map, and get to the titan age, note his score is much more than mine, alomost 3,000 more.

I make it to the titan age, but before I even place the titan gate he resigns. I was like ummm ok

Another win was before i left AoM....I was playing and i managed to get to the classical age around the 4:40 mark wit zues, i make no more than 5 hippipkons, and the 1 free mino, go into his base and he resigns saying he wasn't ready for my attack yet..

anyway, I didn't a thread like this, so i thought it would be fun to hear your stories...

AuthorReplies:
Satch
Mortal
posted 13 February 2005 10:04 AM EDT (US)     61 / 95       
This wasn't my easiest win but definitely my wierdest. Last night I was playing Zeus and my partner was Odin... against an Odin and a Loki. I got to classical early and pumped out an extra centaur to go do a little rush. I killed 6 or 7 dwarves before he sent Ulfsarks against my centaurs.... it was crazy the guy was Loki and didn't make one hersir the whole game.

As soon as I realized this guy was too stupid to make hero's to counter my myth units I just pumped out tons of centaurs! The real crazy part is this guy was almost 1700... you'd think he'd know better. Why would you ever play Loki without pumping out hersirs.

GLORYOFSPARTA
Seraph (in absentia)
posted 13 February 2005 10:18 AM EDT (US)     62 / 95       
I played some 1650 rated guy in DM last night. Having been successful with my hoplite raiding technique, the guy said something like "Freak! Go play the computer next time!" and left.

GLORYOFSPARTA | RTWH and M2TWH Site Director, AoMH Game Information Admin, HeavenGames LLC
AoMH | RTWH | M2TWH | Ancient Greek Festival - 3rd to 4th of June in Watford, UK, 2006.
"Whoever obeys the gods, to him they particularly listen." - Homer
"GoS OWNS for being female and liking The Simpsons and Rammstein." - Crazed Ewok

[This message has been edited by GloryofSparta (edited 02-13-2005 @ 10:19 AM).]

fox7574
Mortal
posted 21 February 2005 07:29 PM EDT (US)     63 / 95       
im crap at da game im like 1510 and jus beat a hard computer LMAO. but anyway i have had another weird win. i hosted a 1v1 on sudden death and the guy sed " r it is large map can we quit and go on small " so i sed no so he resigned.

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
TheMartian
Mortal
posted 22 February 2005 10:34 AM EDT (US)     64 / 95       
I don't have any good funny wins, but have provided some of my friends with funny wins...

1) When I was 1st learning to play the game, was at my pop limit, and had villagers in q. Decided to go to classical while building the houses. To do that, had to get the villagers out of the q. Figured you had to hit the delete key to do so. Yeah, bye bye town center, really hard to recover from that.

2) I think this was like the next game after that... was rearranging wood gathers when I see an enemy right above them, went to click up to see if it was a scout or an army, clicked a little too high and set a forest fire on myself. Wouldn't have been that bad, but in my haste to move the wood gathers to a different location, I forgot my origional intention as to check on what kind of unit my opp had sitting there... yeah, I gave him a massive path for his army to come through.... if only I could have laid out a red carpet.

ssscottydog
Mortal
posted 23 February 2005 06:14 PM EDT (US)     65 / 95       
1:56: (insert name)has invoked the Dwarven Mine power!
1:57: (insert name)has resigned
1:57: (insert name)has lost a town center

I guess he left while the game was matching up and didn't come back untill two minutes through the game and (rightfully) knew he wouldn't win and resigned.

deaths_friend
Mortal
posted 23 February 2005 08:14 PM EDT (US)     66 / 95       
Damn - I'm jumping into this thread way late.

When we played AOC here in the office in a 3-person free-for-all one of the players was marching his army into one of the other towns and the attackee msged, "What are you doing attacking me, I'm dying here - attack the other guy!"

To which the attacker pulled back and immediately ran his army of archers into the thrid player's castle. And attacked it. Nice.

So for a while, it was part of our strategy to just tell someone, hey, attack the other guy, he's doing better!

In AOT, I played someone about the same player ability as me (a little over 1600) and they never mounted much of an attack on my town - but seemed to fend off my attacks pretty well. They finally got to the point where they were researching Titan Age and I was in Heroic (still sending in waves of armies to his town). I thought I was in for it, but for some reason they dropped the gate out in the open near my town and I was able to take it down. They resigned as soon as the gate was down.

That last one isn't a strat - just wanted to tell the story.

Chris!!

Ready4_Action
Mortal
posted 24 February 2005 01:53 PM EDT (US)     67 / 95       
Me) Hi
Him) Hey, real rate
Me) 1800
Him) o

*he resigned*

I was lying but hey, who cares

fox7574
Mortal
posted 25 March 2005 12:38 PM EDT (US)     68 / 95       
lol

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
richygorgan
Mortal
posted 25 March 2005 01:11 PM EDT (US)     69 / 95       
wow i was noobest i was playing a random game cant remember wat it was called anyway sometimes when you start it it goes all weird and the players anrt even there and when u go on menu it says quit not resign so anyway i didnt notice built up a massive army press F4 and said:wow u havent even got a settlement yet lol

you better resign cause im gonna raise u building to the floor(then i thought be4 i get a titan all just go on the menu(cant remember exsactly y i did) and then i saw quit meaning wat i said above i was gutted

sychronizer123
Banned
posted 26 March 2005 01:13 AM EDT (US)     70 / 95       
Well, he could've been using the restroom. Happen to me once in rated. Good thing it was a new account. Stupid salmonella!
SpadedAce
Mortal
posted 26 March 2005 03:04 PM EDT (US)     71 / 95       
Mine happened just now. I was in a Myth Wars scenario and my team were both gaias and the others just ras.the opponents cheated on my ally for bring 15 petsuchoses ina roc to his temple, killing him early. They also used the rocs to bring villies to the arena and built 4 migs and 5 towers each. I was really mad but I had a plan... I went to the Mythic with Hekate and was just sending Stymaphlians and Lampades to each guy. Surprisingly, even though he had petsuchoses that had a bonus against myth, I used the Lampades to chaos his crocs and explode in the middle of his armies. I took red out first with a distraction of the lampades then took him out with the birds. By now blue had a rigged base.I kept sending my armies over and he eventually resigned.

pretty funny that a not cheating person beat 2 cheating people.

SpadedAce

"I bought some batteries, but they weren't included, so I had to buy them again."
"I installed a skylight in my apartment.The people who live above me are furious."
"If you were going to shoot a mime would you use a silencer?"
"I spilled spot remover on my dog and now he's gone!"
rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 27 March 2005 10:38 AM EDT (US)     72 / 95       
How did they cheat?
SpadedAce
Mortal
posted 27 March 2005 03:21 PM EDT (US)     73 / 95       
It wasn't exactly cheating, but he used rocs to bring villies to his temple and build migdols and towers etc to defend when in the beginning it said No flying creatures allowed. I know I had Stymaphlian birds, but what they did was way cheaper and way wimpier.

[This message has been edited by SpadedAce (edited 03-27-2005 @ 03:23 PM).]

GovernatorHater
Mortal
posted 29 March 2005 09:20 PM EDT (US)     74 / 95       
Me and an other guy entered a game with a guy that said he was very good. so it was us v him. around the heroic age i had an tiny loki army and i saw a HUGE army of at least 15 anubites coming at my ally. the enemy was good after all. so i rushed over to him and when he saw my army coming the anubites ran. I guess he thought a big army was coming from me but it was only like 13 guys. i planted a spy on a fleeing anubite and watched him run. i ran back to my base to heal at my well while watching my spy. I was horrified to see that the anubites jioned up with like 20 more anubites and 8 preists, with about 15 slingers and 10 axe and spearmen nearby. I pointed this out to my ally and he panicked. He started to crank out troops then used them to start a wonder. luckily he kept his head long enough to build up a huge fortification around it with well placed towers and walls. i cranked out men too but hung back to watch. the second it was anounced built the entire hellish procession of anubites and others started to run towards it. I warned my ally and scrambeled together a riding party to intercept them. MY enemy took a side route and seemed quite suprised to see me. he had no idea i had a spy on him. i did some damage to the slingers before the horses died.but by then i had got an army to my ally and the wonder was done.some how we survived and i put about five hill forts amoung his towers and a few barracks. i told my ally to heal the wonder and braced my self for an attack. suddenly a huge army appeared. we fought as hard as possible but it was complete chaos since both me and my ally were loki and had a ton of hersirs so myth units were appearing left and right. we drove them back and destroyed the 5 military buildings cranking out troops. we rebuilt our defenses but we knew an attack was coming soon. we gathered an army and moved straight toward the enemy base. we kept him busy long enough to win.
sychronizer123
Banned
posted 30 March 2005 11:03 AM EDT (US)     75 / 95       

Quote:

Me and an other guy entered a game with a guy that said he was very good. so it was us v him. around the heroic age i had an tiny loki army and i saw a HUGE army of at least 15 anubites coming at my ally. the enemy was good after all. so i rushed over to him and when he saw my army coming the anubites ran. I guess he thought a big army was coming from me but it was only like 13 guys. i planted a spy on a fleeing anubite and watched him run. i ran back to my base to heal at my well while watching my spy. I was horrified to see that the anubites jioned up with like 20 more anubites and 8 preists, with about 15 slingers and 10 axe and spearmen nearby. I pointed this out to my ally and he panicked. He started to crank out troops then used them to start a wonder. luckily he kept his head long enough to build up a huge fortification around it with well placed towers and walls. i cranked out men too but hung back to watch. the second it was anounced built the entire hellish procession of anubites and others started to run towards it. I warned my ally and scrambeled together a riding party to intercept them. MY enemy took a side route and seemed quite suprised to see me. he had no idea i had a spy on him. i did some damage to the slingers before the horses died.but by then i had got an army to my ally and the wonder was done.some how we survived and i put about five hill forts amoung his towers and a few barracks. i told my ally to heal the wonder and braced my self for an attack. suddenly a huge army appeared. we fought as hard as possible but it was complete chaos since both me and my ally were loki and had a ton of hersirs so myth units were appearing left and right. we drove them back and destroyed the 5 military buildings cranking out troops. we rebuilt our defenses but we knew an attack was coming soon. we gathered an army and moved straight toward the enemy base. we kept him busy long enough to win.

Your story doesn't fit. 15 +20 anubits * 3 pop =105 pop + 15 slingers * 2 pop = 30 pop + 10 spears/axe * 2 = 20 pop.
8 more priest = 16 pop. Now your telling me in 2v1 he was at 171 pop on military alone?! That's just crazy. What pop was he at?!

Quote:

I make it to the titan age, but before I even place the titan gate he resigns. I was like ummm ok

Maybe he had to go do something..........What age was he in?!

Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 30 March 2005 03:13 PM EDT (US)     76 / 95       
He is either lying, or was playing Titans in which he could claim TC in classical, at least that is the age that your story depicts.

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
sychronizer123
Banned
posted 30 March 2005 06:29 PM EDT (US)     77 / 95       

Quote:

He is either lying, or was playing Titans in which he could claim TC in classical, at least that is the age that your story depicts.

That means he's lying. He said about wonders,which meant his allie was in mythic. How could the comp be stupid enough to mass MUs and stay in classical? His story is just plain wrong.

Aikidoka_Molinjir
Mortal
(id: Nike_Molinjir)
posted 30 March 2005 08:25 PM EDT (US)     78 / 95       
Easiest, I managed a strong FH on anatolia, came crashing into my opponents base around 9:00 min, with jarls, rams, and TA, only to find that his units had been sitting idle all game...

Weirdest...

Probably the game where everyone playing decided to only build non-food units. Very strange, and I eventually won with 50 or so TA.

Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 30 March 2005 10:42 PM EDT (US)     79 / 95       
you shoulda massed huskarls, other non-food units are some myth units, dwarves and generally archers.
rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 30 March 2005 11:43 PM EDT (US)     80 / 95       
Nighthawk- Governator Hater is "The Governator" or "The Governator Hater" on Gameranger...

It could have been true because he does mention the mythic age, so massing anubites in heroic/mythic would seem like what is happening, and I sometimes get like 250 pop when I control most the map. (then I just make a few gastraphetes or catapults and away they go!)

Yes, I do suck.
I am 12 and proud
I'm not colorblind,I like odd colors. Can you read this? You rock if you can
[This message has been edited by Your_Mom (edited last time she spent the night at 03:34).]
sychronizer123
Banned
posted 31 March 2005 00:59 AM EDT (US)     81 / 95       
I went on vanilla online(played TT online only) for first time and since there was no self rate, I went RG and got hades, which I suck as. I just massed archers and went to heroic ~ 10:00. After that he just quit. His rate was 1621. Poor man.

There was also this time on vanilla rated when I went 4v4 and it lagged so bad, they all quit one by one. In the end it was 1v1 and I won easily. Gained a lot of rate. (Forgot how much.)

[This message has been edited by sychronizer123 (edited 03-31-2005 @ 01:02 AM).]

Murrogh
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 04:36 PM EDT (US)     82 / 95       
I played a game vs. a zeus player who first bolted a wadgit next to my petsucho and as I was just getting my migdul up while i had no army and he had 20 hippocons right next to it. So he cast ceacefire, while i was ceaced i had time to build a huge army of spears before it wore off. so i had a large army while he had a small 1 and I was in heroic. So I attacked one of his town centers with seige and my army. then he got to heric and cast UWP next to my migdul and sent all of his villagers to attack my town center, so I cast shifting sands to bring my military back and slaughtered him.
He lost the game because of awful GP usage.
GovernatorHater
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 08:24 PM EDT (US)     83 / 95       
In reply to my doubters.

1. it was on a large map

2.my enemy was in the mythic age

3. because i was too busy to count i rounded numbers to nearest

4.when i got a glimpse at his base i didnt see to many villies.

Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 11:56 PM EDT (US)     84 / 95       

Quote:

There was also this time on vanilla rated when I went 4v4 and it lagged so bad, they all quit one by one. In the end it was 1v1 and I won easily. Gained a lot of rate. (Forgot how much.)

you can gain up to 40 points or lose upt o 40 points on vanilla. In Titans the rate system is really messed up so getting past 1750 is really something.
BigCyclopsThing
Mortal
posted 03 April 2005 12:38 PM EDT (US)     85 / 95       
my easiest win was a 2 player i sent out a kastph... err, scout to the enemy town. suddenly he gve up without a fight! :O

I Grab shotguns and blow rabbit's heads off.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOM

DanHeg
Mortal
posted 03 April 2005 01:45 PM EDT (US)     86 / 95       
once a long time ago I was running for my near life and the oppent quit!!!! OMG

I am Eggy raaaagh splat!!! lol
sychronizer123
Banned
posted 03 April 2005 09:27 PM EDT (US)     87 / 95       

Quote:

you can gain up to 40 points or lose upt o 40 points on vanilla. In Titans the rate system is really messed up so getting past 1750 is really something.

Gained more than 40.

HOw is the titan rate system messed up?! Please explain.

sychronizer123
Banned
posted 03 April 2005 09:34 PM EDT (US)     88 / 95       
Never show your fear or weakness to your enemy. Once in rated, this guy had an army of 30 RCs attacking one side of me and 20 more on other side. I held on with katapelts even though I was dying. I fought him off and built a Titan. If he presses his attack, I would have lost, but I didn't give up and killed him.

Weirdest win ever? I did a three TC boom, was in mythic at 160 pop. I didn't see him the entire game and I didn't press f4 at that time. When I came to his base with 30 FU gastraphetes and killed everything. There was an ulfsark, two villagers, an oxcart, and that was it...... It was so sad. 20 minutes of my life...gone...

LuCkyMaN
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 05:20 PM EDT (US)     89 / 95       
Ummm..My game went into cinematic mode but i could still move camera and that.I ended up winning.Another time the enemy started game with only 4 towers the map didn't even give him a starting tc or even a settlement near where his tc should be.Also... lol I once started a game with player names all mixed up.I was soon bored after my crazy amusement so I resigned or we saved can't remember.
SilverOsirisAOM
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 06:03 PM EDT (US)     90 / 95       
http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3363&ci=f8c5c549ee3d515aa8d2e3a0192387ebfR2Fk5Ejg
If someone can show me an easier win than that, I applaud you.

I told you I'd be back.
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames