You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.45 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Banning for OOS and Spam
Bottom
Topic Subject:Banning for OOS and Spam
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SuperTr00pers
Immortal
posted 13 April 2005 02:42 PM EDT (US)         
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give a heads up. I am going to be banning players that have been OOSing others and Spamming the chat channels this week. If your account suddenly stops working that may be the reason.

I will be giving amnesty to players that actually admit to it and stop the behavior. However the offer for amnesty will only be open for a few days.

Eso.abuse@ensemblestudios.com

Good luck and Have fun,
[D4KU]

AuthorReplies:
TOAO_Power
Mortal
posted 13 April 2005 03:24 PM EDT (US)     1 / 45       
Tell people in Gen. Chat 1 that...

Gj d4ku, you rock

comador02
Mortal
posted 14 April 2005 09:09 AM EDT (US)     2 / 45       
Well don't ban me please "GIA_Green_Fire_". I just want to have fun online. And I have no idea how to give OOS's.

Forgive and forget, just don't forget to forgive.~Comador02

<<<---Location

[This message has been edited by God (edited 11-19-2120 @ 2:38 PM).]

OutlandishTeacup
Mortal
posted 16 April 2005 01:13 AM EDT (US)     3 / 45       
What if you OOS by accident, for example, installing a new mod? Or is this only covering people who do it on purpose?

    
discordant
Mortal
posted 16 April 2005 03:00 AM EDT (US)     4 / 45       
How does one install a mod while playing a multiplayer match? Or did you mean accidentally "activating" a certain mod.

In any event, I'm very, very happy to see this action by ES. Good show.

OutlandishTeacup
Mortal
posted 18 April 2005 11:38 PM EDT (US)     5 / 45       
^ No, what I mean is that certain mods (like CheeZy's editor patch) work fine offline, but when you go online cause Out of Sync errors. Someone could unwittingly install this to help them with design, go online and then be banned.

    
Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 21 April 2005 11:49 AM EDT (US)     6 / 45       
I can no longer connect to ESO.It says connection problems or admin rights blah blah, go to eso.com for more info.
Have I been banned? :O
EDIT: wait its cool, ESO was down thats all.

[This message has been edited by Fanatic_Kaster (edited 04-24-2005 @ 03:39 AM).]

critter
Mortal
posted 21 April 2005 11:56 AM EDT (US)     7 / 45       
well if you have done something you shouldnt and you know it then possibly and IF thats the case then serves you right!

SuperTroopers: OoS have been happening for ages and they arent getting better, same for dropt rickers, ive reported to eso quite afew and seems weeks and weeks later same cheaters still playing happily on eso.

Isnt eso ever going to release another patch ? Seems not with AOE3 on the way..

here is the cheaters that i know of

Thats for Conquest mayb ehave a look ?
I dont see why bother sending rec games Ive sent quite afew and eso dont do stuff all only more if its someone who is hitting higher ranks by cheating and thats bloody unfair.

Eso sux now for ages and it wontget better when you can get map hacks for $20 quite easily now.

Naming nicknames is not allowed here - Shiva.

[This message has been edited by Shiva (edited 04-21-2005 @ 02:22 PM).]

Thebean
Mortal
posted 21 April 2005 12:05 PM EDT (US)     8 / 45       
Meh, I don't think you should put people's names on here, just Email them off.

Meteora is a pissy bitch

Dio is Trentin Anthony Tracanna
U977
Mortal
posted 23 April 2005 07:12 PM EDT (US)     9 / 45       
I though there was a method to win VS drop trickers? Was like press wait asap several times, then the drop button at some point...It's in a post somewhere.

Hvaen't had the opportunity to try that yet, and anyway, I don't remember how it works anymore. I have to find that post back. I have very rarely met drop trickers.

TOAO_Power
Mortal
posted 23 April 2005 08:25 PM EDT (US)     10 / 45       
Just click drop as fast as you can until the time runs out. I have faced like 1 DTer every 20 games...

D4ku, when will you fix the IE language problem?

lokiman859
Mortal
posted 24 April 2005 04:02 AM EDT (US)     11 / 45       
OutlandishTeacup, You know you said about CheeZy's editor patch causing sync problems, I have had this problem for a while now and did'nt know what was causing it. Do you have any idea how to uninstall it? Thanks.

lokiman859
Member of the Werewolf Clan
'I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.'
OutlandishTeacup
Mortal
posted 25 April 2005 08:36 PM EDT (US)     12 / 45       
I can't recall exactly, but look in the readme that came with the download. If you can't find it, download the patch again, it's fairly small.

I believe it may be to do with finding the file user.cfg in your AoM folder and deleting it. Don't quote me on this though.

    
lokiman859
Mortal
posted 26 April 2005 11:54 AM EDT (US)     13 / 45       
Thanks Outlandishteacup. I play over LAN with friends and its been annoying me because i've not been to stay in sync.

lokiman859
Member of the Werewolf Clan
'I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every moment of it.'
critter
Mortal
posted 29 April 2005 02:37 PM EDT (US)     14 / 45       
I think this threat is BOLLOX

I want bloody preoof it's not.
Im sorry but Im more then fed up with cheating crap.
ESO does bloody Nothing.

I have sent in easily 6-8 games of oo's and weeks later I still see same cheaters online.

I played a2vs2 against a clan thats known and they cheated and oos it. They were owning us but smart play, good team work we pretty much had it won and it just happens to go oos. When is eso going to prove or supertroopers these threats of banning for oos actually work ?

Cause I havent seen any, And im sick of these cheating bastards.

critter
Mortal
posted 29 April 2005 02:50 PM EDT (US)     15 / 45       
4:40am lol my way, I just emailed the game to the addy above like your meant too and once again I am sure nothing will come out of it.

why do I even bother anymore *sigh*

Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 29 April 2005 04:53 PM EDT (US)     16 / 45       

Quote:

ESO does bloody Nothing.

Well, for one.."ESO" is "Ensemble Studios Online." Secondly, I think that we should be giving credit to the ES Staff for trying to resolve cheating rather than whining about it.

As far as many corporations are concerned, if you've paid for the game, they could care less about their multiplayer community. ES cares. You guys also need to realize that Ensemble's main priority is their new game. That they are taking time away from working on AoE III for AoM is commendable enough, as far as I'm concerned.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 30 April 2005 03:00 AM EDT (US)     17 / 45       
How can you be sure there really cheating? I think Iíve come a across a few cheaters, like as if they had LOS of the whole map and all those OOS's that seem to happen before the other team looses and there are those times where the game will freeze when some one is looses.
And cheat maps where the host will seem to start off with 5 times your score, gee I hate those.

critter
Mortal
posted 30 April 2005 03:31 AM EDT (US)     18 / 45       
I disagree, eso has done stuff all to prevent cheating, its been like this for months and months and months... only time they did something when shades bug was out.

AOE3 isnt for everyone and regardless people are starting to adopt the same attitude like, well eso isnt doin gmuch so stuff it, im gunna cheat too etc. And when you play a game you enjoy very much and are dedicated to playing it and be constantly cheated out of points/win you are going to either say, stuff this Ive had enough, go play something else, or join them cause seems you cant beat the cheaters and its a cycle that goes on and on.

Im sorry but like I said this statement above by supertroopers is ridiculous to say

just wanted to give a heads up. I am going to be banning players that have been OOSing others and Spamming the chat channels this week. If your account suddenly stops working that may be the reason.

Thats no heads up I think its more a fake threat and I can tell you now it seems like thats exactly what it is, for the reasons like mentioned before... Ive reported many oos cheaters and I still seem them happily playing and still oos and getting away with it and it seems its only the cheaters who cheat in higher up levels where something gets done.

TT is screwed its worse then what vanilla ever was and its even sooo easy now to get map hacks, oos hacks they even appear on certain sites for free download etc, or by argg forgot his name who goes on TT spamming hax for $20 etc which he still does at times. So no its not gettin gbetter and nor is it heads up sorry but thats crap. Ive been playing aom forever and TT since it was released and I have not seen any improvement where cheating is concerned however I have seen infact a instead larger quantity of it even in advanced games bloody hell what a joke and whinging no, its blowin goff steam at a fake topic of saying we will do something about cheaters and I see nothing done and dislike when I think at LONG last there is hope but to find the same story, its just fake threat and reflects maybe for higher rated players and not 1600-1750 where it happens alot.

TT has bugs, eso hasnt done a thing to fix them, TT has exploits, eso knows do they do anything, no, can it be that difficult to fix, I dont think so, do they want too, no of course not and never really did since it was released.

I came across a cheater other night who oos me as well in rated, he was stupid enough to com eback online immediately under same name and didnt have privacy on, I absed him and said well your going is going to eso and hopefully soon they will ban your cdkey, he laughed and said well good luck eso dont do crap and he also said cdkeys arent an issue as they are easily obtainable to get for online play.

Im like **#(*&*(@(*#@&*@ thx makes me feel so pleased to know that.

So yer divert down the raod shiva and say Im whinging when I know there is many who feel this way and worse then I and many have also closed TT to never return cause they had enough. ITs a little deeper then "whining" when I see stuff all being done.

Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 09 May 2005 06:46 PM EDT (US)     19 / 45       
A few hacks are out for AoM now, So does that mean the "dont make cheats for AoM" Deal is off? Does that mean they can tell us about the deal now?
Macho Oily Man
Mortal
(id: jellybug)
posted 17 May 2005 08:22 PM EDT (US)     20 / 45       
Hey, um this is a bit different, but I edited a map by Flipomatic, and when I tested it, it said, "This map has been edited without the originators permission!" or something like that. Could I get my CD-Key banned for that? I didn't save any changes, I just wanted to try some stuff out .

So, again, could I get banned?

Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks upon this earth is the one who finds... true love?
Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 18 May 2005 02:04 AM EDT (US)     21 / 45       
Wow how did he do that? No if they banned ppl for stooging someone else's map then there wouldnt be many people online :d Tho, I disagree any one who edits a map then doesnt rename it should be banned for life!

- edited by Shiva

[This message has been edited by Shiva (edited 05-18-2005 @ 08:21 AM).]

Shiva
HG Alumnus
posted 18 May 2005 08:23 AM EDT (US)     22 / 45       

Quote:

Hey, um this is a bit different, but I edited a map by Flipomatic, and when I tested it, it said, "This map has been edited without the originators permission!" or something like that. Could I get my CD-Key banned for that? I didn't save any changes, I just wanted to try some stuff out .

It's possible to have triggers that, when they notice a change, will send a message like that. Editing scenarios won't get you in any trouble. Though, you shouldn't change the Title and distribute it on ESO claiming to be the author. That's just dishonorable.

.¸¸.· · .¸¸.·´ §hïvå | RágeOfHaemòn · .¸¸.· · .¸¸.·
« . ° ¤ Scenario Designer | Woad Creations ¤ º . »
Macho Oily Man
Mortal
(id: jellybug)
posted 18 May 2005 06:49 PM EDT (US)     23 / 45       
^Sighs in relief

Do you believe in destiny? That even the powers of time can be altered for a single purpose? That the luckiest man who walks upon this earth is the one who finds... true love?
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 10:53 AM EDT (US)     24 / 45       
Shiva,

Quote:

As far as many corporations are concerned, if you've paid for the game, they could care less about their multiplayer community. ES cares. You guys also need to realize that Ensemble's main priority is their new game. That they are taking time away from working on AoE III for AoM is commendable enough, as far as I'm concerned.

So I guess purchasers of AoE III can expect an equally operated multiplayer site, with similar problems.

That's not a particularly outstanding selling point!

I believe that ES is trying to do something about this problem, but I also think they need to put more resources on it, as it has reached the point of being ridicules now.

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
Dragon571
Mortal
posted 28 May 2005 08:41 PM EDT (US)     25 / 45       
I am going with shiva
Appleboy
Mortal
posted 28 May 2005 11:02 PM EDT (US)     26 / 45       
Can't ES make a thread where ppl post a recorded game of someone cheating, so that way ES doesn't even have to go online to look for cheaters? That way ES just looks at the game... sees the cheating, and bans them?

The three most important people in the world: Me, Myself, and I.
InternetExplorer
Banned
posted 30 May 2005 06:09 AM EDT (US)     27 / 45       
^ESO doesnt do either

Argh! OoS's are so anoying!!! The damm loosers OOS just before they lose damm it!!!! XD >_<

Lets hope they Fix up this OOS thing in AOEIII

copperhead
Mortal
posted 07 June 2005 04:05 AM EDT (US)     28 / 45       
im new to this forum and i guess this probly isnt the best way to start off , but seriously omg someone cheated? so what? its just a game get over it. and i get out of sync all the time not for cheating but simply because i have a slow connection as do many of the people who get accused of oocing or whatever its called, ive been called a cheater on several occasion where i did nothing wrong. ill be damned if i get banned because my connection isnt up to par. i payed for the game the way i see it the 30 bux spent on the game buys the the right to go out-of-sync all i want. mayby thats why eso does nothing about it? you have to realize that the people doing this "cheating" paid for the game too. any case the most important thing to remember is it is "JUST A GAME"
Romes Finest
Mortal
posted 07 June 2005 04:22 AM EDT (US)     29 / 45       
Maybe so but these cheaters do ruin our Leisure time.

When I get OOSed its when some one is about to be defeated, on many accounts I'v experienced OOSs in laggless games to add.

Yes I know that most of these cheaters payed for there game, we all know that. But you must remember so did we. And what did we pay for? To have the game crash every time we are about to win?

copperhead
Mortal
posted 07 June 2005 04:39 AM EDT (US)     30 / 45       
it cleary says on the box game experience may change during online play. anyway i dont really care wheather people like cheating or dont or weather they do or not, i play for fun not to get a high rating, which earns you nothing.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames