You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.45 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Banning for OOS and Spam
Bottom
Topic Subject:Banning for OOS and Spam
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SuperTr00pers
Immortal
posted 13 April 2005 02:42 PM EDT (US)         
Hey Guys,

I just wanted to give a heads up. I am going to be banning players that have been OOSing others and Spamming the chat channels this week. If your account suddenly stops working that may be the reason.

I will be giving amnesty to players that actually admit to it and stop the behavior. However the offer for amnesty will only be open for a few days.

Eso.abuse@ensemblestudios.com

Good luck and Have fun,
[D4KU]

AuthorReplies:
Romes Finest
Mortal
posted 07 June 2005 04:52 AM EDT (US)     31 / 45       
So in other words you dont play rated. Ok we get it.
copperhead
Mortal
posted 07 June 2005 05:08 AM EDT (US)     32 / 45       
no i play rated , i just thinks its kind of sad they way people whine about cheaters? i mean damn dont be such a baby about it
Romes Finest
Mortal
posted 07 June 2005 05:49 AM EDT (US)     33 / 45       
Who are you referring too? Those little kids who go crazy when when they see a catapult Spawned in mid air during a game of escape? Yes those kids do have problems.

But after having many points stolen by dropkickers or having just as many games crash when you where about to win, you would be a "baby about it" as well.

copperhead
Mortal
posted 07 June 2005 05:57 AM EDT (US)     34 / 45       
actually i have it happen all the time , instead of crying about know what i do? .... take a guess... i get over it and start a new game...but hey if you all wants to go and make petitions and complain to the man about it more power to ya. im just saying its made into a whole lot bigger of a dealio than it really is.

and when done right trainers can be used in multiplayer despite what most people say , a maphack is a trainer. all these hacks are trainers , so uh there is no patch that can be made to stop a trainer, all they can do is change the memory locations of things in the game , and in like 5 minutes after a new release a skilled gamehacker can have a new maphack out. and forget encryption the amount of encryption that it would take to block the games memory, would render the game unrunnable on anything less than a 6000000.megahertz pc
so in reality the whole petition is really pointless.

Romes Finest
Mortal
posted 07 June 2005 06:02 AM EDT (US)     35 / 45       
Well most people get P-ed off from that. Seems like your P-ed of about the people P-ed off about cheaters for some reason.

Quote:

and when done right trainers can be used in multiplayer despite what most people say , a maphack is a trainer. all these hacks are trainers , so uh there is no patch that can be made to stop a trainer, all they can do is change the memory locations of things in the game , and in like 5 minutes after a new release a skilled gamehacker can have a new maphack out. and forget encryption the amount of encryption that it would take to block the games memory, would render the game unrunnable on anything less than a 6000000.megahertz pc
so in reality the whole petition is really pointless.

Yes I know, you should post that in one of the actully Petition threads, cuz no one reads the stickys.

copperhead
Mortal
posted 07 June 2005 06:11 AM EDT (US)     36 / 45       
lol the whole p-ed off thing that was funny. im not really i just think they complain about es could have a patch in a day, when its just not true.
Romes Finest
Mortal
posted 07 June 2005 06:20 AM EDT (US)     37 / 45       
Well...

Quote:

Map hack (or mh in the forums all over the world) : The player can remove the fog of war and exactly look what his opponent is doing.
- OOS (Out of Sync) : This program allows the player when he is losing to desync the game, so he donít lose points, even worst sometimes his opponent lose the points.
- Atlanteans bug : A program can create, when you want, a lot of villagers from nowhere, they just appears on the map and give a huge economy for the cheater. He canít lose with that. Also he can during the first age create the hesperide tree.

They could fix the the other two problems.
Tho the 3rd problem is over-exarated, you need to pay for the unit, it isnt free and once again it isnt a "Hack". You can only spawn unit its possible for you to get anyway, you can'nt be Eggy and spawn an army of free Colossos, if some one has a replay of this happening, I would like to see it

But yeah, the petition is a waste of time but you cant blame them.

[This message has been edited by Romes Finest (edited 06-07-2005 @ 06:21 AM).]

Artiem
Mortal
posted 07 June 2005 01:30 PM EDT (US)     38 / 45       
Probably a stupid question, and forgive me if it's been asked/answered before. But if someone uses the map hack, can you tell by watching the rec game?

(8-{)aRTieM
Romes Finest
Mortal
posted 08 June 2005 03:13 AM EDT (US)     39 / 45       
Yeah, you can see if they had LoS of that Gold mine they attacked etc. Basicly anything that looks like they Omniscience scince the start of the game, but on the Replay the Fog will still be there.
Blazing_Inferno2
Mortal
posted 13 June 2005 06:07 PM EDT (US)     40 / 45       
Half of the cheaters are probably 10-year-olds who don't understand instant rewards. Well, they probably aren't. But maybe they are. I have no clue.

Cheating is a serious problem - we all can recognize that - but there isn't a valid conclusion to end the process while effectively make everyone happy, in a sense. I'm totally for no cheating, its annoying and stupid and I think ratings are really important (for instance, you look at someone's rating - "I am better than you. You are less talented than me at this game.) and add a competitive touch to the game. I also think we need to stop whining a little bit - I mean, if you are going to whine, explain your reasoning a bit. It's cool and all, whining is a personal hobby of mine. My opinions, however, really aren't as great because I am technically right now not part of the community of online AoM...but I will be very soon...

PrinceScamp
Mortal
posted 19 June 2005 00:56 AM EDT (US)     41 / 45       
I never play any basic set up games, only advanced games, an i have spent 6 hours TRYING to play a sims game, but most just go out of sync after 5 seconds, EXTREMELY annoying! I have even removed all mods except for a nidhog (wich i think i might remove, maybe)and those lancedoman or whatever hoplites and archers (though they work just fine in other games). and i have changed any animations... i dont think... god it's annoying, as i really like the sims games...

Wich of the following locations you like the best?: Fortified Estate, Inside a Supernova, is Out of Sync
Hot girl thread!
Brtnboarder495
Mortal
posted 23 June 2005 12:15 PM EDT (US)     42 / 45       
What I find funny about this is that the same people who complain over and over again about ESO go back to ESO right after typing complaints in the forum

Gameranger: _NiGhThAwK_
JeffOfTheDead
Mortal
posted 25 June 2005 05:56 PM EDT (US)     43 / 45       
wtf is oos???!!???
GreenLiquid
Mortal
(id: gummyWorm)
posted 25 June 2005 08:32 PM EDT (US)     44 / 45       
Out of Sync!!
XsX_Invader2
Mortal
posted 16 July 2005 10:52 AM EDT (US)     45 / 45       
oh shoot :P. that's it for spamming for me :P.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames