You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.61 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » worst god power??
Bottom
Topic Subject:worst god power??
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Chris_69
Banned
posted 28 August 2006 02:26 AM EDT (US)         
hey i want ur opinions on the worst godpower in the game(by worst i mean useless) my nominy is dwarven gold mine due to the fact that it gives a small amount of gold and more gold the longer u save it, but since most abandon mining as soon as market is available ar have a strong mining force this gp is virtually useless.

unless u spawn in a place that has absolutly NO gold what so ever

AuthorReplies:
havoc 55
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 02:44 AM EDT (US)     1 / 61       
You dont know the value of the Dwarven Mine. Being able to mine without a ox cart for the first 5 minutes is a huge advantage of THor over Loki or Odin. That quick gold also allows to quickly research Thor's tech, pick sticker, which boost your hunting even more.

I think every GP can be very useful and turn a situation to your favor, but one with little use i think is chaos.

Eggy is the only civ i have never played so i dont know about this one, but i think citadel is rather lame (as in bad). Normally a TC will fall to siege anyway, so extra pierce attack and HP will buy it little extra time. I have seen it work very well in helping defent a titan or wonder though.

a192
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 03:35 AM EDT (US)     2 / 61       
who care extra pierce attack and HP for citadel?
The advantage of citadel is extra 10 pop slot. To consider you have same military units as your opponent, but you have 10 more villagers.
gadunz
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 03:48 AM EDT (US)     3 / 61       
Nidhogg & Son of Osiris- unhealable & unreplaceable, even at the cost of a wonder. Citadels good for the extra pop but I only use it in mythic age, fully walled off, & upgraded

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
AdZyZ
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 04:24 AM EDT (US)     4 / 61       
Yeh I think the nidhogg is suprisingly quite bad. SoO is not nearly as bad, especially with the chain lightning.

Thor's dwarven mine is a great god power, as havoc said dont underestimate it.

I agree also with chaos being one of the more useless god powers for a heroic age god power. At the moment, I think I'd rate it as the most useless.

I think eclipse can be pretty useless by itself, but combined with a titan or ancestors it's highly destructive.

Also as havoc has already stated, god powers are useful in different situations.

-[Hello..
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 05:24 AM EDT (US)     5 / 61       
Chaos

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
empireofages
AoMH Review Team
posted 28 August 2006 05:34 AM EDT (US)     6 / 61       
spider lair
gadunz
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 05:59 AM EDT (US)     7 / 61       
spider lairs good if used long before enemy attack.Ambush outside walls.Dont build on top of them. Nidhogg & SoO should be like Dryads- have their own indestructable but capturable temples, replaceable at same cost as a wonder & healable. Nidhoggs temple- cave, SoO's- small pyramid. I'll take this idea to modding forum

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 07:36 AM EDT (US)     8 / 61       

Quoted from AdZyZ:

I think eclipse can be pretty useless by itself,

it's still strong even if it's not used on titan or minions. MU are already very strong (espescially eggy ones for there cost) with eclipse they become uber strong. A FU sphinx with eclipse has close to 8 speed.
Skythe
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 07:48 AM EDT (US)     9 / 61       
I'd rate fimbulwinter as one of the crappiest, especially in team games, and while not all gps come to mind id definly pick that as worst mythic for me.

S k y t h e
empireofages
AoMH Review Team
posted 28 August 2006 07:53 AM EDT (US)     10 / 61       
fimbul winter is a good econ or trade route disruptor.

Chaos can be powerful if used right ( traget it on that big collosi or medusa)
But wtf can u dp with spider lair?
It takes 4 of ur men and only if you walk on top of the lairs, and then not even a hero or a MU!
I'd say spider lair of Leto is the most crappiest godpower ever

Titans_n00b
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 07:57 AM EDT (US)     11 / 61       
Actually, Fimbulwinter is really nice.
You give 20 seconds of total economic rapage to your enemies...
It's good for when there's a battle going on, not many troops at home base...

n00bing ftw.
Salient
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 08:06 AM EDT (US)     12 / 61       
Probably Chaos.
ricownage
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 08:32 AM EDT (US)     13 / 61       
Yeah, chaos. A lot of the time the affected units still end up fighting you
i r n00b
Banned
posted 28 August 2006 11:00 AM EDT (US)     14 / 61       
If we don't have to take gods and god bonusses into account and possible combinations (rag+fw xD) with other GPs (used as a GP by itself), age when we get them etc. I'd definitely say Eclipse.

If we have to take god bonusses, combinations etc. into account then the crappiest gp is spider lair or Spy (we have this thing called maphack, it is there for a reason pplz 11 but I prefer to spam so much trade so I can research Omniscience (why I never play Kronos)).

Chaos is actually decent. If you use it right (which is hard) it is a bad version of traitor.

HighbulpIII
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 01:26 PM EDT (US)     15 / 61       
The problem with fimbulwinter is a good player immediatly garrisons all his villies w/ town bell and keeps his caravans away from the tc's. No harm done and usually a minute of no economy is not gonna hurt very much in the late game.

*Highbulp the Third*-*Highbulp the Third*
fox7574
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 01:46 PM EDT (US)     16 / 61       
which is y no one goes fumbulwintr late game, :P try Fm and fimbulwintr, that could be good :P, but still id rather go baldr or hel, but the option is always there :P

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
pik001
Banned
posted 28 August 2006 01:59 PM EDT (US)     17 / 61       
it's lure. although it can capture plenty vaults it doesn't even attract animals!
Servant_of_Odin
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 03:00 PM EDT (US)     18 / 61       
Yes, Lure is definately the worst GP in the game. You can't even self-destroy it when you don't want it anymore, so i'ts pretty much useless. That is why I use goats, pigs, and cows if I gather animal meat for food.

I have made a promise to the forums. If I break it, it's my own fault.
Faith
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 04:40 PM EDT (US)     19 / 61       
yea lure is really rubish if they made it a bit better it would def help making pose a better god. If they made 4 huntables spawn out of it once cast as well as attracting the normal amount of animals it would rule.
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 04:50 PM EDT (US)     20 / 61       
Lure is not the worst gp in the game rofl.

It means that a Poseidon player does not have to switch hunt source for the entirity of archaic, and on maps like Oasis, the extra hunt gives Poseidon a very nice boost.

On water maps like midgard/Anatolia lure is an invaluble source of free hunt coming straight to your TC, enabling faster advances than other cultures on these maps.

Pdroo
Banned
posted 28 August 2006 07:16 PM EDT (US)     21 / 61       
Yeah but it doesnot attract thaat much animalss... it ives u like 2 or 3!!

Using double (or even triple) fimbuluwinter is great..it can even take the TC...

Silent_Assassin7
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 07:27 PM EDT (US)     22 / 61       
EarthQuake

lol, jk, its like the best gp in the game

Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 07:36 PM EDT (US)     23 / 61       
Lure attracts 1000 food and then destroys itself.

WapiZagon
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 07:40 PM EDT (US)     24 / 61       
wtf some people really don't know what they are talking about...

Lure is very good, it give you alot on food on water maps and on low food maps soo you can advance faster

all greek gp are good

mainly all egyptians gp are good

fimbulwinter is very good with fw, dont underestimate it

spider lair sux

IamApo on aot
MinoTheGREAT
Banned
posted 28 August 2006 08:22 PM EDT (US)     25 / 61       
Worst God Power- Chaos .....No question really.....its sorta like a slighty upgraded version of spider lair when you think about it. Spider lair isnt really that good too.

Most Useful godpowers in early game-Dwarven mine, and Lure ( Note anyone who said Lure was bad should be slapped across the face with a dead fish .)

Most Lame Gp- Spy .....imho its ver op.....doesnt even say when ur opponent uses it !

Best God Power- Earthquake,Ragnarok, Lightning Storm.

Most versatile Gp- Shifting sands

Hadesdrew
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 10:57 PM EDT (US)     26 / 61       
worst god power spider layer because 1 only kills 3 (2)take pop while wating to hatch(3)can be killed before hatch.

DID YOU KNOW if you use lure then wait for animals to come.when you see the animal shot it before it gets to the lure.It woun't count i got 5000food before because of it.

God I was the worst back then but live and learn
Psycho_X
Mortal
posted 28 August 2006 11:41 PM EDT (US)     27 / 61       
Mino- if the game told you when Spy was used.. don't you think that would be rather useless? A lot of people plant Spy on a scout or villager. If the players scout ran by a base and Spy was invoked, just delete the Scout and its done. Overpowered though? Nah, the unit targeted will be killed shortly anyways.

Worst- Lure and Chaos. Despite what you people say, at times Lure brings in very few animals. Chaos- It only converts a few units... should convert more. Carnivora is also a rather weak GP when you think about it. Just move your units to a different location and you're safe. But it isn't the worst GP, it has its uses.

They should make Chaos so that it converts MORE of the enemies units into hostile units, but for a time period like 20 seconds.

Mr_Kitty
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 00:34 AM EDT (US)     28 / 61       
doesn't shockwave seem a little useless to you? it only makes a big difference when your fighting very early and each little unit counts, like where you have five units, and you lose the whole game because of that. but later in the game it seems to make little difference.

here's a better question, what's the most annoying power to be used on you?
I would say either fimblewinter or deconstruct.

jirish
Banned
posted 29 August 2006 03:16 AM EDT (US)     29 / 61       
most annoying would underworld passage.

the worst would be carnivora. although it was funny seeing it eat an elephant.

gadunz
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 05:07 AM EDT (US)     30 / 61       
Only bad thing about Carnivoa- unheable. they make good emergency towers behind walls Well prepared spider lair will take an elephant

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames