You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.61 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » worst god power??
Bottom
Topic Subject:worst god power??
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Chris_69
Banned
posted 28 August 2006 02:26 AM EDT (US)         
hey i want ur opinions on the worst godpower in the game(by worst i mean useless) my nominy is dwarven gold mine due to the fact that it gives a small amount of gold and more gold the longer u save it, but since most abandon mining as soon as market is available ar have a strong mining force this gp is virtually useless.

unless u spawn in a place that has absolutly NO gold what so ever

AuthorReplies:
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 05:40 AM EDT (US)     31 / 61       

Quote:

doesn't shockwave seem a little useless to you?

No, it's by far the best archaic GP. It allows Oranos to win three decisive battles. If the numbers are even, and shockwave is cast, the Oranos player will win the skirmish.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
fox7574
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 07:13 AM EDT (US)     32 / 61       
ye kitty, maybe ur micro isnt so good yet?? when, u'll soon realise how precious it can be when used right

NotN00b23
fox7574
Seven_Curd
jirish
Banned
posted 29 August 2006 07:50 AM EDT (US)     33 / 61       
actually, now that i think about it, serpents are pretty useless.
gadunz
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 07:54 AM EDT (US)     34 / 61       
Wrong .They'll help kill an rearly raiding party

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 08:05 AM EDT (US)     35 / 61       
no serpents are worthless. On water their decent,but on land their pretty weak
gadunz
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 08:15 AM EDT (US)     36 / 61       
Only if you're stupid enuff to use them alone without extra troops

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
AdZyZ
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 08:41 AM EDT (US)     37 / 61       
Ive changed my mind.. Lure is the worst. Most of the time it attracts random animals from groups you were going to go to anyway, and it also can attract things like lions that will attack your villies -_-

Most versatile could actually be gaia forest.

Many god powers are really annoying, but fimblewinter is particularly annoying.

-[Hello..
gadunz
Mortal
posted 29 August 2006 09:27 AM EDT (US)     38 / 61       
But when Lure attracks carnivores you eat them , unlike AoE .The trick is to put Lure next to TC , between TC & first granary collecting berries or chickens. Then Tc arrows help kill carnivores

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
Skythe
Mortal
posted 30 August 2006 06:04 AM EDT (US)     39 / 61       

Quote:

Ive changed my mind.. Lure is the worst. Most of the time it attracts random animals from groups you were going to go to anyway, and it also can attract things like lions that will attack your villies -_-

I disagree on lure. Usually i place it after i've built my first granary. When i'm building my granary i get all the other villagers to shoot dead the surrounding animals and get each villager to man an animal so it dosent lose decayed food, and the animals at my granary don't walk off to the lure stone. I also suspect that lure dosen't attract animals that are already nearby, which ias why on occasion i cast in next to my granary. Lure is also very useful on water maps in getting an early start, because you can cast it by your TC and save wood not building a granary; getting a better early eco and get more food cuz your villies arent walking miles to collect berries. Someone also said that you can shoot dead animals that are walking toward your lure stone and it won't contribute to the 1000 food. This is quite useful, especially on maps like oasis.

In terms of the lure stone, it can work quite crap on some maps, where even if there are a few animals left on the map (i think) it won't attract any and just sit there. Its.. lure field should increase or something.

It also comes in handy when you're being rushed. Coming upto classical your hunters should be just about done on their first granary and if a rush is impending you can have your villies work at your town center so they dont get picked off by raiders.

Quote:

Many god powers are really annoying, but fimblewinter is particularly annoying.

Quote:

Actually, Fimbulwinter is really nice.
You give 20 seconds of total economic rapage to your enemies...

Quote:

The problem with fimbulwinter is a good player immediatly garrisons all his villies w/ town bell and keeps his caravans away from the tc's. No harm done and usually a minute of no economy is not gonna hurt very much in the late game.

my thoughts. The problem with fimbulwinter is that you generally don't need any army, just the ability to hit 'h' fast and garrison. Sure, you might lose 5 or 6 villagers, but thats gonna take a minute to amend from your TC's once fimbulwinter is over.

Quote:

Using double (or even triple) fimbuluwinter is great..it can even take the TC...

That's like saying.. using double implode is great.. it can destroy the entire army?

Quote:

Most Lame Gp- Spy .....imho its ver op.....doesnt even say when ur opponent uses it !

When i'm playing Loki and i consciously remember i keep hitting f7. Reason it, it says what GP's your enemy has used, and i'm quite sure it shows when spy has been used. So when i'm about to scout a loki base i hit f7, see if its been cast, if not i send my scout through, check again after. If its shaded red then i just scout his base and areas of that have probably already been scouted.

Of course, you've got some issues if he casts it on your villy.

Quote:

worst god power spider layer because 1 only kills 3 (2)take pop while wating to hatch(3)can be killed before hatch.

I disagree with this. This gp requires a reasonable amount of planning, but can be damned useful. Spot raiders coming? Throw some near your gold. Impending fort wars? Chuck 'em at the front of your fort. Not only that but it can be cast multiple times. Imo spiders>carnivore plant thingy.

I think that flaming forest really sucks. And undermine is pretty bad too.

S k y t h e

[This message has been edited by Skythe (edited 08-30-2006 @ 06:36 AM).]

MinoTheGREAT
Banned
posted 30 August 2006 12:37 PM EDT (US)     40 / 61       
Quoted : from Skythe

Of course, you've got some issues if he casts it on your villy.

Which clarifys my point

i r n00b
Banned
posted 30 August 2006 03:21 PM EDT (US)     41 / 61       

Quote:

lure is definito teh worst efar coz it r ettractz teh lionz who killz my 5 dwarfes lolololo

oh waitn i cnat get dwarfs as posstiedon lolololooooo

True dat.

Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 30 August 2006 03:26 PM EDT (US)     42 / 61       
Get on eso?

Psycho_X
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 02:47 PM EDT (US)     43 / 61       
Skythe, Flaming Forest and Undermine... bad?

Undermine can rock in a map like Jotunheim with lots of walls, if not just take down a free tower while you're attacking.

And Flaming Forest takes down a lot of buildings near a forest, or at least damages them. Keep in mind they are Classical powers.

Silent_Assassin7
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 07:11 PM EDT (US)     44 / 61       
Most Fun is Earthquake, like I said

I enjoy lightening storm
Reason
Your Enemy is attacking youur titan gate or something, you cast lightening storm and then send all your troops to his base, his troops die, you show up at his base with myrms and other fun stuff. he has to make all his army again as you rape the military buildings with myrms....

Ceasefire can potentially win a game against Rushers, who have nothing to defend their homebase with. You whip up military and destroy forward base(Military made or addedd to during cease) then you go kill home base(defenseless)

Worst God Power is
Archaic: Lure
Classical: Undermine (deconstruct does the job better and has two uses)
Heroic: Chaos
Mythic: Nidhogg

Paperfriend
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 07:14 PM EDT (US)     45 / 61       
Undermine is a great GP actually, it can take down multipule targets, and works on tc's, if you cast it the right way, you easily hit two towers, or the tc and a tower with it.

Yes, periods and smileys are the same for me
No matter what you say
Pdroo
Banned
posted 03 September 2006 03:59 PM EDT (US)     46 / 61       
Ask a loki rusher if he would like ES to change undemrine for a different GP...
Bloodshedder
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 10:59 AM EDT (US)     47 / 61       
Chaos is the worst cos as ppl hav already sed they basically carry on working for you. Also about 5 lamapades specials can do the same job as that godpower and they can still attack. True they cost resources but by mythic food and TC's (favour) should be plentiful. Along with a few arcus to take out priests and other low pierce heroes such as hersirs, this is better than any chaos cast.

Plague of serpents is extremely bad bcos any ranged unit, preferably heroe, can kill all of them.2 classical hersirs can just about beat them. 2 of any myth unit can beat them i think. Fair enough they can kill villagers but villagers can run out of their area and then a priest comes along. (70g to kill ur god power and he keeps the priest). UNdermine can cost much more to repair damages. It can take 1800 g max if some eggy for some reason has towers in a big square.
Even with supporting troops, archers can take out most things then move on to the snakes. If you move out to attack the arachers the other guy sends in melee heroes/MUs or ranged heroes from another side.

Chimp With A Gun
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 11:36 AM EDT (US)     48 / 61       
Fun Team God Power Combos
Gaia's Forest+Forest Fire w/ Fimbulwinter And after all that is done the gaia player can use implode or tartarian gate. this makes a vary dead base. All Biuldings are dead+ All Villagers, and if your fighting there army at the same time (thor player), you use flaming weapons to make sure you win. this is fun as hell to do.

Good 1st: Bolt, Rain, Prosperity, Shock Wave
Ok 1st: Lure, sentenel, Vision, Deconstruction, Gaia's Forest, Spy Dwarven Mine, Great Hunt
Bad 1st: Non are Horrible.

Good 2st: Healing Spring, Shifting Sands, Eclipse, ceasefire
Ok 2st:Valor, Forest Fire, Undermine, Pestilence, restoraion
Bad 2st: Spider Lair, Carnivora, Serpents

Good 3st:Flaming Weapons, Ancestors, Underworld Passage, Traitor
Ok 3st: Walking Woods, Frost, Citadel, Locust Swarm, Bronze, Hesperides
Bad 3st: Curse, Chaos

Good 4st: Implodem, Tartarian Gate, Vortex, Lightning Storm, Earthquake. Tornado, Meateor.
Ok 4st: Plenty, Fimbulwinter, Ragnarok
Bad 4st: Niddhogg, Son of Osiris

Tomboulbouk
Mortal
posted 05 September 2006 05:32 AM EDT (US)     49 / 61       
ROFLAMOZ

rag only as ok ?
meteor as GOOD ? are you kidding ?
implode as good , yeah right , versus houses and peons.
SoO AS BAD ? i think you've got a problem man.

nidhog as bad ? so yeah you'll rather have a gaia forest instead. go for the forest !!!

healing spring as good and restoration as ok ?maybe the opposite.

frost as ok when CF as good ? actualy you can freeze his units and take down lots of building with it.

traitor as good ? did you know that it don't work on titan ?

hesperides as ok ? it provides nice mu for no pop and low cost + prevent any gp.

bronze as ok ? it lengh 90 sec man.

animageous
Mortal
posted 05 September 2006 06:54 AM EDT (US)     50 / 61       
I'm gonna go with Lure as the worst, it's quite hopeless. I'm rating Nidhogg second worst for being Mythic, it can be taken down by Odysseus, and he's only Classical Age! Perhaps it's only cause I'm always Greek though...

Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back.
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Chimp With A Gun
Mortal
posted 05 September 2006 09:39 PM EDT (US)     51 / 61       
na i never use nidhogg agenst zues nor do i use SoO. but i din't make that clear...
havoc 55
Mortal
posted 05 September 2006 11:03 PM EDT (US)     52 / 61       

Quoted from Tomboulbouk:

traitor as good ? did you know that it don't work on titan ?

Of course it doesn't. You dont think that would be a little OP ???

iamyourgod
Mortal
posted 05 September 2006 11:43 PM EDT (US)     53 / 61       
tom, wow

implode can kill an entire army

meteor busts up some houses

ceasefire is awsome because you can steal a tc

nidhogg is utter shit

soo has to be used right

oh yeah and traitor gets you 2 bolts and some free units

anyway sentinal and cf is a great combo, you steal one of the enemies tc'c and then drop some sentinals around it

[This message has been edited by iamyourgod (edited 09-05-2006 @ 11:44 PM).]

Silent_Assassin7
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 00:04 AM EDT (US)     54 / 61       
Sentinel/Ceasefire is not possible.
AdZyZ
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 04:23 AM EDT (US)     55 / 61       
Wouldnt it be fun if there was a gaia titan in the middle of the map, who didn't stray far. Be a bit interesting thats all.

Any god power can be decent when used in the right situation, but I still find Lure to be the worst. Sometimes it doesnt even work properly.

Besides.. what are you doing going poseidon anyway? =P

-[Hello..
animageous
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 06:46 AM EDT (US)     56 / 61       
Don't go insulting my religion! Poseidon's cavalry own people, they are the best.

Change is inevitable except from a vending machine.
Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.
Always borrow money from a pessimist. He won't expect it back.
What happens if you get scared half to death twice?
Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
MagmaLord
Mortal
(id: darkdude)
posted 06 September 2006 05:27 PM EDT (US)     57 / 61       

Quote:

Sentinel/Ceasefire is not possible.

Why not?

Tomboulbouk
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 05:37 PM EDT (US)     58 / 61       

Quote:

implode can kill an entire army

was this a joke ?

killing an army ? yeah right , like a mino special attack , 200 hack damage.

but :
1) hit also your units
2) can run away from it
3) can't use it to defend your town

so , unless your army and your enemy army are fighting in the midle of his town , this GP is only a bad vertion of lightning storm.

Psycho_X
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 07:15 PM EDT (US)     59 / 61       
Tom-

http://aom.heavengames.com/strategy/articles/25/

Implode is no where near a bad GP. Use it properly and it does plenty of damage.

Silent_Assassin7
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 04:41 PM EDT (US)     60 / 61       
Hades doesnt get Hermes
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 07 September 2006 05:26 PM EDT (US)     61 / 61       
Tomboulbouk , please do not make such pompous posts if you have no game experience, as you clearly don't.

If i'm smurfinzz you I'll be sure to rape your army with implode as I FT.

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames