You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.68 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Deconstruct is Ridiculous
Bottom
Topic Subject:Deconstruct is Ridiculous
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Psycho_X
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 02:51 PM EDT (US)         
This god power is wayyyy overpowered. Its only an archaic god power and it has the ability to instantly destroy say.. two Fortresses! Two Citadels! Two Hillforts!

So in conclusion- Kronos can detsory 2 hillforts
and Poseidon can attract 3 or 4 deer. Ack!

AuthorReplies:
D0nt_I3link
Banned
posted 01 September 2006 02:54 PM EDT (US)     1 / 68       
You get the recourses back and all you have to do is build it again. Wow 2 fortresses if your semi decent that wouldn't really matter.
Magnum Pi
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 02:55 PM EDT (US)     2 / 68       
I don't think so. I mean, the player gets his/her resources back, they just have to build the building again. But, hey, if an enemy uses his god power against you there should be some negative affect, don't you think?

Btw, you can't instantly destroy 2 of anything, due the cool down period between each use, which is unusually long. Deconstruction, imo, is one of the more balanced GPs.

[This message has been edited by Magnum Pi (edited 09-03-2006 @ 10:05 PM).]

AlexanderIsGreat
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 03:25 PM EDT (US)     3 / 68       
Deconstruct is good but nowhere near as good as Shockwave or Bolt, with bolt you can take down the SoO or Nidd, i.e. you can defeat mythic gp with an archaic one.

Lure is not bad either, it means you dont have to switch hunt sites in archaic, quite useful. All the eco powers are ok.

havoc 55
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 03:27 PM EDT (US)     4 / 68       
Sure the resources and regained, but a building takes time to rebuild.

When you have placed a castle in a strategic location, and it is no longer there to assist you in gaurding the ground, it is much easier for the enemy to take that ground. An example of this is a midgol at an eggy forward mine.

Psycho_X
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 03:46 PM EDT (US)     5 / 68       
You get resources back? I had not idea, that makes it better than I suppose. But still, taking down Fortresses compared to Lure? I'm pretty sure its a little OP, should be one use only.

D0nt_I3link what does this have to do with being 'semi-good'? I'm comparing it to other GP's like Lure. Are you telling me that you think it is equal to Lure?

Mr_Kitty
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 05:06 PM EDT (US)     6 / 68       
This GP annoys me so much, because Kronos is already a pain in the ass to rush, it doesn't help when he takes out my temple.
D0nt_I3link
Banned
posted 01 September 2006 06:19 PM EDT (US)     7 / 68       
I was saying that if your semi-decent building a new fortress or midgol or whatever isn't that hard.
SSJVegetaTrunks
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 06:45 PM EDT (US)     8 / 68       
You should build more than one castle at a "strategic location" along with some troops to defend it.
Psycho_X
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 07:13 PM EDT (US)     9 / 68       
I see how you guys mean it isn't so bad, but I mean.. this is archaic! Pretty strong, even better than some Classical GP's. Though knowing that you get your resources better makes things much better.
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 07:23 PM EDT (US)     10 / 68       
I totally see where havoc is coming from:

eg. Ra fh and Set fh made virtually useless because of decon.

and than Kronos can rush any other civ and decon the tower near the gold mine, making tower up useless, because he will always kill another one at least with 3 heroed oracles and proms.

Decon can also be used on a vital dock. Either early game, meaning you have two build two to be safe (fishing ships now cannot be made) or you have to wait your vill there to rebuild the dock... also on a map like highland or anatolia where losing a forward dock means heaps.

There would be heaps of other instances as well.

Instances like these are when a strategic point can only consist of 1 building, and still suffice. Of course lategame, yous should spam more docks and midgols, but early game it is quite hard.

Also to compare a passive aggressive GP with an economic GP like lure is a little silly because one is better economically and the other is better passive aggressively. 0_o.

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

John2194
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 07:46 PM EDT (US)     11 / 68       
It shouldn't be that bad to you if they have deconstruction they'll probaly use it on your temple to stall you from advancing. And your city shouldn't depend on a migdol/palace/etc.
gadunz
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 08:00 PM EDT (US)     12 / 68       
Decon on temple/armoury/ market doesn't stop yuo advancing to the next age. Undecon builings - walls, TCs, titan gates, wonders. Just try & build 2 of everything, especially temples in Archaiac

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
narmerguy
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 09:53 PM EDT (US)     13 / 68       
Wow a lot of you all take things for granted. In team games a lot of that applies but comments like (build 2 of everything) and stuff like that really isn't practical and those who say that loosing a fortress for a defense point isn't crucial obviously haven't played any intense 1vs1 games.

Tower/fortress support is often critical in some places i.e alfheim, ghost lake, mediterrenean etc... Often times the battle has to go through a small location and constant arrow fire is strong to have in narrow passages (ghost lake rarely has battles in the center but I suppose there can be). Furthermore, in some defensive situations the enemy is replacing soldiers fast and you are slower to get them out (weaker econ, less barracks, slower unit builds...you pick) and if not for an extra offensive power you would be overun and you would have an army at your base.

I'm not saying someone decon your tower or fortress and it's GG but don't try to act like it's nothing or on par with some of the other more useless gp. It can f up anyone or atleast in serious games. Ya, it's strong, especially for archaic, but you gotta deal with it gp are ment to change the scene.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 10:40 PM EDT (US)     14 / 68       
Uhh imo eggy players have no room to complain. It would balance the fact how easy it is to spam migs and siege camps.

however vs greeka dn norse, it is a bit op.

Pdroo
Banned
posted 01 September 2006 11:09 PM EDT (US)     15 / 68       
They should nerf it... say that it can only be used once
Titans_n00b
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 00:04 AM EDT (US)     16 / 68       
Two words, and this topic wouldn't be here.

Nerf. Kronos.

n00bing ftw.
havoc 55
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 00:05 AM EDT (US)     17 / 68       

Quoted from SSJVegetaTrunks:

You should build more than one castle at a "strategic location" along with some troops to defend it.

Unfortunetly, sometimes your opponent doesnt wait until you are fully fortified and give him the okay to attack you. Sure you will have troops there, but a building can make the difference in whether your opponent will decide to fight that battle or not.

[This message has been edited by havoc 55 (edited 09-02-2006 @ 00:05 AM).]

AlexanderIsGreat
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 00:37 AM EDT (US)     18 / 68       
For some reason offensive powers are always seen as OP, but never passive powers, like prosperity. I think this is because you see your Fortess getting blown away with Decon but you dont realize that the Priest Spam/Merc Pump/Ele Attack was paid for by an Archaic age god power that just allowed him to beat you or His first migdol which built his CA allowed him to push you off your goldmine.

There are plenty of powers as strong as decon though: Bolt, Shockwave, Prosperity, Thor's Mine, Great Hunt, Sentinel and maybe Rain+Attie Cla+Her god powers are no good: Pos gets Pes+CF+Curse+Bronze.

Skythe
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 05:43 AM EDT (US)     19 / 68       

Quote:

I was saying that if your semi-decent building a new fortress or midgol or whatever isn't that hard.

I think the point here is that deconstruction gives you a strategical advantage. To the egyptian player with 3 midgols that might not mean much, but a greek player that has just thrown up a fort protecting some incredibly important location this can be very fatal. and, especially if you compare it to GP's like undermine {classical} when this is an archaic one, its pretty OP, even if you do get the res back.

S k y t h e
KronosWrath
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 09:04 AM EDT (US)     20 / 68       
its powerless vs isis
King91
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 09:20 AM EDT (US)     21 / 68       
I don't like the fact that you can deconstruct the well that the Norse get in age 2 when they take the trolls.

I think that is unfair. After all,you don't get any resources back, and your only healing possiblity is gone.

gadunz
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 10:04 AM EDT (US)     22 / 68       
Its a fault/bug that ES claim is a feature. It should be patched, to make it as indestuctable as dryad tree or plenty vault. Only solution- choose einhejars not trolls. And Loki & Kronos should get a valk 7 a caladria for each TC

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
Grim Tuesday
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 10:36 AM EDT (US)     23 / 68       
can the enemy use this on any building including plenty vault, healing spring, and wonder?
i am on a mac

BEFORE YOU TELL ME ANYTHING INTERESTING I AM ON A VANILLA MAC, MACS ROCK!! PC'S GET VIRUSES
On the first day there was mystery
On the second day there was darekness
On the third day there were pirates
On the fourth day there was war
Currentlly Designing: Ragnarok Prologue: Triggers 0% map design 1% Cinematics 20 %
gadunz
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 11:21 AM EDT (US)     24 / 68       
To repeat myself- undeconstructable buildings- walls ,town centres, wonders & titan gates ,plus the god power constructs of Dryad Trees & Plenty Vault. Healing Spring should belong to this list but, wrongly , isn't. The deconstruction of your temple/armoury/market doesn't prevent you from advancing to the next age. You don't need to ,but should , replace said building

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
Steve_the_Pirate
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 11:33 AM EDT (US)     25 / 68       
Can they use it on something thats not completely built yet?

<<<!HEADSHOT!>>>
>>>------------> = >>>------------>
Thou who oppose the Ohio State University, shall not live to feel thy shame of losing.
- Steve the Pirate
In Football terms:
OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!OSU!!!
Psycho_X
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 11:36 AM EDT (US)     26 / 68       
Yes the main point I was making here is that when you're Greek, advance Heroic and take some time to attack and put up a fortress, having him instantly take down that hard earned Fortress with an archaic age GP is really crazy.

I was comparing it to Lure because yes I can compare the two. So one is agressive and one is passive, big deal. The fact is at times Lure brings in 3-4 deer, while Deconstruct takes down two Fortresses. Surely you can see the better GP here.

Chimp With A Gun
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 11:48 AM EDT (US)     27 / 68       
O man on sea of worms when i play as kronos i time sift my palace in while i deconstruct his/hers.
Tomboulbouk
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 12:15 PM EDT (US)     28 / 68       
there is a cooldown/downtime/reloadtime anyway , so it only buy time ( and a FH play on the time , so it's a logical counter of it)

but i've read lot of time you can decostruct a healing spring.

MagmaLord
Mortal
(id: darkdude)
posted 02 September 2006 04:20 PM EDT (US)     29 / 68       
Can't you counter Deconstruction just by putting villagers to build the deconstructing building? That way it only wastes a few seconds of building usage time.

Psycho_X
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 04:40 PM EDT (US)     30 / 68       
No you can't rebuild it while its deconstructing.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames