You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.68 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Deconstruct is Ridiculous
Bottom
Topic Subject:Deconstruct is Ridiculous
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Psycho_X
Mortal
posted 01 September 2006 02:51 PM EDT (US)         
This god power is wayyyy overpowered. Its only an archaic god power and it has the ability to instantly destroy say.. two Fortresses! Two Citadels! Two Hillforts!

So in conclusion- Kronos can detsory 2 hillforts
and Poseidon can attract 3 or 4 deer. Ack!

AuthorReplies:
MagmaLord
Mortal
(id: darkdude)
posted 02 September 2006 04:49 PM EDT (US)     31 / 68       
I am sure that I read DaP talking about once. The conclusion was 5 villagers > Deconstruction.

Hadesdrew
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 05:06 PM EDT (US)     32 / 68       
Can deconstruction work on plenty valt?I know it works on healing spring.(CHEAP)

God I was the worst back then but live and learn
Tomboulbouk
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 05:06 PM EDT (US)     33 / 68       
sounds rather intresting , and it may be true , since it's only an ARCHAIC gp and nearly as usefull (perhaps more) as undermine.
MagmaLord
Mortal
(id: darkdude)
posted 02 September 2006 05:24 PM EDT (US)     34 / 68       
I just remebered some moments when (I think) my deconstructions were countered. I think a greek player countered my deconstruct when I tried to Krush him. And I am certainly sure that a Loki tried to counter it when I deconstructed his forward temple. But my citizens killed the lone hersier.

SSJVegetaTrunks
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 06:39 PM EDT (US)     35 / 68       
How can you counter a deconstruction?
AlexanderIsGreat
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 08:05 PM EDT (US)     36 / 68       
So everyone is sayign that your Major God's Gp should be lesser than your Classical age gp, almost all Major God gp> Classical minor god GP.
gadunz
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 08:10 PM EDT (US)     37 / 68       
By playing Isis with statues or by trying to build at least 2 of each building & not choosing healing spring

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
SSJVegetaTrunks
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 10:54 PM EDT (US)     38 / 68       
That's not countering, that's preventing. There's a difference.
Wadinator
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 10:59 PM EDT (US)     39 / 68       

Quote:

How can you counter a deconstruction?

Getting a bunch of vills to "repair" the building as it is being deconstructed.

My Scenario: Battle Pit
There once were four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to do and Everybody was asked to do it. Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody would not do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.

[This message has been edited by Wadinator (edited 09-02-2006 @ 11:00 PM).]

gadunz
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 11:24 PM EDT (US)     40 / 68       
Doesn't work

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
Wadinator
Mortal
posted 02 September 2006 11:34 PM EDT (US)     41 / 68       
I was just regurgitating info from about 8 replies up. I've never tested it myself.

My Scenario: Battle Pit
There once were four people named Everybody, Somebody, Anybody and Nobody. There was an important job to do and Everybody was asked to do it. Everybody was sure Somebody would do it. Anybody could have done it, but Nobody did it. Somebody got angry about that because it was Everybody's job. Everybody thought that Anybody could do it, but Nobody realized that Everybody would not do it. It ended up that Everybody blamed Somebody when Nobody did what Anybody could have done.
Kang_the_Mad
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 00:56 AM EDT (US)     42 / 68       
"Can deconstruction work on plenty valt?"

Yes, but since it gives you unlimited resources over unlimited time, your enemy is given his resources back for the building instantly. Thus, you have just given him infinite food, wood and gold. Smart

TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 02:55 AM EDT (US)     43 / 68       
The amount of smart statments of what to do, trying to help the author amaze me. *sarcasm*.
gadunz
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 03:55 AM EDT (US)     44 / 68       
Thanx 4 contributing to our well meaning, if not completely expert ,suggestions ,convict descendant. Now go swim with a salty & some stingers

WhyHowOwlsRootElves
DeuschtlanderAPig
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 04:41 AM EDT (US)     45 / 68       
People! Do not try to help if all you do is give wrong answers that you have put little or no thought into. Of course not everyone here. .

"The next turn I attacked those that had been attatched, fiendishly fracturing the friendly faction fraction"
-Wartrain.

"Why not do the exciting thing and sit back, boom to a rag and use flaming weapons? - Who would have thought a Thor player could show this level of innovation?"
-Vagabond Tom.

Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 04:52 AM EDT (US)     46 / 68       
goesoimo

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
TTK_GeneralNoob
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 05:02 AM EDT (US)     47 / 68       
Sam Ham you on now?
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 05:03 AM EDT (US)     48 / 68       
AoTH_GaiaEZ

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
godfatha43
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 09:31 AM EDT (US)     49 / 68       
actually, heard from some1 that even though u deconstruct a healing spring, it still heals.idk though.... im gonna go try it on editor
Kang_the_Mad
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 01:28 PM EDT (US)     50 / 68       
"The amount of smart statments of what to do, trying to help the author amaze me. *sarcasm*. "

I couldn't resist

KnightShado1
Mortal
posted 03 September 2006 05:34 PM EDT (US)     51 / 68       
Yes, if you deconstruct a healing spring, it will keep healing the units that it was healing at the time of the deconstruction. They will keep healing even if they go outside the range of the original healing spring. (someone verify this)
Also, they can be killed by focusing lots of guys on them so that their health goes below 0. Then they will die.

I am Nobody, Nobody is perfect, Therefore, I am perfect.
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 07:01 AM EDT (US)     52 / 68       
Taking this thread back to its subject, I agree that deconstruction is overpowered. Removing a key fortress is a big one. Definitely not worse than the lurestone or creating a 500 gold mine (or creating a 6000 gold mine in an age when you no longer need it because you already have fat trading). Deconstruction should not be reusable.

And to those people that recommend building everything twice: Have you ever considered how costly that is, especially in archaic age? Do you think you can afford making two temples when the opponent only has to make one of them and is able to rush at 3:37? (Well, it is a possible strategy, because you can make hersirs from both temples, and hersirs are pretty good against Kronos early on. But that is not the answer.)

But the worst thing that happens is dock deconstruction. You want to make two docks? And how late do you plan on fishing then? And what do you do about that 3:37 krush when your 2-dock-strategy (the first being d/c so you get your fishing later anyway) ends at a 6:00 classical age? The combination of dock deconstruction and the ability to 3:37 rush is way overpowered. It may be viable for Eggy to make two cheap 50g docks at once, but e.g. Norse cannot afford to start out making two 120w docks with two ulfsarks at the very beginning of the game. And you never know what the Kronos does. If you don't fish because you fear dock d/c and the 3:37 krush and the Kronos fishes and advances later, you are doomed because he has all the fishing income on top of his vill production and you have only your vill production. If you fish because fishing is a must on a fishing map, he can delay you a lot by d/cing your first dock. All your econ is optimized to produce as much wood as possible early on so that you can make boats and get food from them. What you do get after the d/c is no food but even more wood (payback from the d/c dock), so you are sitting in archaic on tons of wood that you cannot spend (until you have made another dock), while the Kronos is either fishing himself to a fat classical economy or overrunning you at 3:37 when you are nowhere near having 400 food for your own classical advance (you may, however, have 400w ). So whatever you do, it is wrong, and the Kronos will kill you if he plays his part properly.

Healing Spring d/c is a bug and afaik not declared a feature by ES (unlike hunt delete), but dock d/c is simply a grave imbalance. It should not be possible before at least classical age, and even then, it should not be reusable. I mean, in early classical age, when the arrow ship race for water dominance begins, making an enemy dock vanish can easily mean that you get the upper hand, even if the opponent gets his money back. This is a huge advantage, easily comparable to the classical pestilence power. Having this twice as archaic power is ridiculous.

Quoted from AlexanderTheGreat:

So everyone is sayign that your Major God's Gp should be lesser than your Classical age gp, almost all Major God gp> Classical minor god GP.

I consider that a rumor. I rather have the ability to ceasefire and save my ass (and lots of units or vills that I would have lost due to the enemy surprise attack) or enforce a forward TC without my opponent being able to do anything about it than getting a 500 gold mine or bolting a single enemy MU. (Yes, I know Bolt can also be used against SoO or Nidhogg, but honestly, how often do you get the chance to do that in real games? You will have to save your archaic GP until mythic age while the enemy is using his one early to spell your doom, and even if you do, he can react by simply picking the alternate mythic age god.) And Set's vision power is also of rather little use when used alone, especially for a god that has great other means of scouting. Vision is only powerful when combined with a later-age god power, and then we are talking about using two GPs at once, which should better be powerful.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
pik001
Banned
posted 04 September 2006 07:35 AM EDT (US)     53 / 68       
if you know the enemy has that then at strategic locations build more than 2 fortresses/migdols/hill forts! so he cna use them up and you still have some spare.
harr
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 07:48 AM EDT (US)     54 / 68       
And if it is used on your temple or dock in archaic? Anyway you shouldn't have the resources to put 2 fortresses at every single strategic location.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 07:48 AM EDT (US)     55 / 68       
Actually the best Kronos can do on water maps is a 4.40
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 10:04 AM EDT (US)     56 / 68       

Quoted from pik001:

if you know the enemy has that then at strategic locations build more than 2 fortresses/migdols/hill forts! so he cna use them up and you still have some spare.

That will work nicely on 1550- rating level, because such players usually have like 1000 of each resource in stock, so it does not make a difference if they erect one or two fortresses. But if you fight efficiently on a decent skill level, you cannot afford making twice the amount of such expensive buildings just in case the Kronos might opt to d/c them. A wise Kronos will react by never ever using his second d/c in this case, knowing that it serves him best by continuedly making you everything twice for the rest of the game.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 04 September 2006 10:59 AM EDT (US)     57 / 68       
As eggy you can^^ But as greek it is a killer
Silent_Assassin7
Mortal
posted 05 September 2006 11:35 PM EDT (US)     58 / 68       
Its even worse then you think b/c it can destroy a healing spring.

.5 of archaic gp takes out classical forseti gp......

AdZyZ
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 06:30 AM EDT (US)     59 / 68       
Deconstruct will crush a lot of FH's, and beat any player on water if you rush.
In that sense, yes it's quite strong. And a real pain.. But yknow. So are a lot of other god powers.

-[Hello..
DeathAndPain
Mortal
posted 06 September 2006 08:59 AM EDT (US)     60 / 68       
Archaic ones that are not used as part of a god combo? Don't think so. And now plz don't repeat the old "Bolt on SoO" argument.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames