You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.43 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Patch 1.0.4: the less is more edition
Bottom
Topic Subject:Patch 1.0.4: the less is more edition
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Ancient_tribe
Mortal
posted 25 July 2007 11:44 AM EDT (US)         
Because many people complained about the fact I changed too many things and don't have a clue about balance, I made a new version of my patch.
I scrapped most of my ideas and I put all things which action suggested(except the gp combo's, but I still have to find a way to disable them.)

Patch 1.0.4

Client fixes
- Fixed a bug which allowed Kronos players to deconstruct Healing spring
- Fixed a bug which allowed mummies to kill the 2 age hero of poseidon with their special
- Moved Omniscience so that Kronos player can actually research it

Balance changes
- Ta's need a small boost: They get a reduction in training time(4 sec) and they get a bigger bonus vs inf(murms, fanatics, myrms) and +1 range.
- Odin hillforts are 20% cheaper(old cost of norse hilffort for Odin then).
- Odin jarls get their old bonus back(20% instead of 10%).
- jarls have a bonus vs ele’s
- Restore WW(they have 350 hp instead of 300 hp)
- Greek can train heroes in your temple
- The argo is avaible in herioc and favor cost is reduced by 50%.
- Hetaroi's have +70 hp.
- Gastraphetes have 25 hp more
- Mercs are limited to 5, Merc cav to 4. Mercs have -10 hp, merc cav -20 hp
- Priest do more damage to collosi(*18 instead *9)
- Camels have a higher multiplier vs. jarls and elephants(2.5 instead of 1.75)
- Destroyers get a higher bonus vs buildings(*7 instead of *5).
- Atl. heroes are 30% cheaper, cost less favor
- Vills train slower(38 seconds instead of 35 seconds)
- Atl. have no longer free medium archer upgrade.
- Kronos' fire siphons and chiero’s are 15% cheaper instead of 10%. Kronos' destroyers are 25% cheaper instead of 10%.
- Gaia's Fishing ships are 20% cheaper instead of 10%
- Gaia's dock upgrades are 30% cheaper
- Valor has only two uses, but recharges 30 sec faster.
- Chaos affects more units(8-9 units instead of 3-4 units), cooldown period is longer
- Satyr have +2 attack
- Heroic renewal not only allows heroes to regenerate, but they get also +30% hp

How to become a tester?
Very simple. Just post in this topic your eso name, you rate and your favorite god so I know you are a tester and then download the patch packet.
How more testers we have and how more games are played, how more feedback we have so we know or this changes are good or not.
Try to play many different match-ups(your god vs the other gods). Also try to play vs a tester who has the same skill level so skill level won't be a big influence during the games.

How to install the patch?
Before I continue, I want to say this:

I cannot be held responsible for any complications this patch may bring to your game or your computer. You aren't forced to be a tester or download this patch, but if you do, be conscious that there might be complications(I haven't had any problems so far, but you never know)

In the zip file you have different files. First you have to install aomed: this program is needed to extract some files in your aom which is necessairy to install this patch.
When you installed aomed, open it. When you opened it, there is a button called "set input data file". Click it and go to program files/microsoft games/aom/data and select data2.bar. Then click on "read data file" and the file will be extracted in the data map in aom. Then you click again on "set input data file" and go .../aom/godpowers and select the godpower2.bar. Then do the same as you did with the data2.bar.
Now you will see that there are more files in the data map and the godpower map.
Now go back to zip file, because you will need the other files now. First of all, copy the protox.xmb and the techtreex.xmb into your data map. They will ask to replace the current ones and click yes(important: make back-ups of these files so you can replace the new ones anytime with the originals).
Then you do the same with the implode.xmb, heroize.xmb(valor), serpents.xmb, chaos.xmb, pestilence.xmb, tremor.xmb(shockwave), spiders.xmb and undermine.xmb, but you copy these files in the godpower map instead of the data map(make back ups of the old ones, replace them then with the new ones.)
Congratulations you succesfully installed patch 1.0.4!

If there are any problems with the installing, if there are things that don't work reply in here and I see what I can do.
Also use this thread to give feedback on the changes(with rec pls so that we can have evidence).
The alpha tests will last about 2-3 weeks. All things which are too good of other suggestions to balance the game will be taken in consideration and will be applied in the beta tests so that we can create a good patch. I hope that I'm able to solve some problems by then(disable gp combo's, removing the medium archer upgrade, etc...).
For the patch click <a href="http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOT&fview=1&showtopic=91786">here</a> to download it.
AuthorReplies:
Bloodshedder
Mortal
posted 25 July 2007 11:56 AM EDT (US)     1 / 43       
Just wondering, is this/will this work compatibily online like an official patch?

Oh and 5 nerfed mercs, no thannks, i pay good money for those things.

[This message has been edited by Bloodshedder (edited 07-25-2007 @ 11:57 AM).]

Wipeout_Giver
Mortal
posted 25 July 2007 12:00 PM EDT (US)     2 / 43       
You dont need any testers to tell you that this "patch" will unbalance the game. You have barely changed any of the "fixes" you presented last time. You were told not to include the Jarl Hp boost & the destroyer boost, but you did it anyway. I think you just wasted a lot of time IMO because these chages, a balanced game do not make

(\__/)
(='.'=)
(" )_(" )
This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.
Ancient_tribe
Mortal
posted 25 July 2007 12:31 PM EDT (US)     3 / 43       
You have barely changed any of the "fixes" you presented last time.
I actually removed about 66% of my original proposals, if you don't believe me see <a href="http://agesanctuary.com/index.php?portal=AOT&fview=1&showtopic=91761">here</a>.
You were told not to include the Jarl Hp boost & the destroyer boost, but you did it anyway
Lol, who are you? My boss? Last time I checked you were not so don't talk to me a such way.
And if you are so sure that the odin jarl hp boost and the increase attack of destroyers vs buildings are OP, play a game with the patch with odin/Atties vs an equal skilled player and prove then that you won the game because of the changes.
And if you don't, fine, but don't expect that I'll take your comment seriously.
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 25 July 2007 12:38 PM EDT (US)     4 / 43       
WOw, POsiedon owns now
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 25 July 2007 12:54 PM EDT (US)     5 / 43       
TA training time reduction by 4s seems too much - but then I don't know what their training time is at the moment. +1 Range is utterly useless.

I still don't understand why you think Odin needs a boost. Giving Priests a boost vs a single MU makes no sense. That seems like a workaround rather than a fix - either boost Priests or nerf Collosi. If you can't do either without unbalancing it, then they're fine. Yes, Collosi are tough, but they are meant to be. Perhaps lowering their Pierce Armour to 70% (instead of 80%) would work better? I like the change to Heroic Renewal and Satyr as it makes Hyperion viable.

I don't think Atlantean Citizens don't need any change in training time O_o. Why does Gaia need a water bonus? She isn't a water God. ADDING bonuses as I mentioned in the other thread really isn't good because it can get out of hand, and although gameplay > realism, she really has no business having this bonus.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
Caboose_Nor
Mortal
posted 25 July 2007 01:28 PM EDT (US)     6 / 43       
You said it yourself. Less is more. Take that into consideration and look at how big some of the changes are. If you want to nerf something, don't overnerf it but change it a little bit at a time. If you want to boost something, don't boost it so much that it becomes OP.

Let me take this point by point how this is in my view:

4 second less training time on TA is probably _a little_ too much when you combine it with greater bonus vs infantry. The 1 plus range seems ok and this is a _small_ change. I don't know how much more bonus you will give them vs other infantry, but it seems like a common agreement that they need to be boosted a bit vs hoplites, and maybe against some other infantry types.

You change Odin quite a lot. And I don't necessarily disagree with everything. Odin gets cheaper hillforts. Now, I agree with that, because one of Odin's viable options should be to go fast heroic and start pumping hillfort units. I don't know if 20% cheaper is too much, but it should at least be 10, I agree to that.

If you boost Odin's jarls even further you have to look at every civilization's counter to jarls, and how balanced that is.

• Atlanteans counter jarls fine with their very strong katapeltes.
  • Egyptians have some trouble countering FU jarls until mythic age, which seems fair enough considering they're the best boomers in the game and also can make elephants, which also beat jarls. I don't think camels need a boost vs jarls, because then, in mythic age, Odin won't have anything to counter Ra's FU camelry for example. He has no bragi ulfs, do you see? I don't think the camels need a boost, because eggy already have elephants.
  • Norse have bragi ulfs, which owns all cavalry, and Odin counters jarls with more jarls.
  • Greek I'm not sure about. People say that prodromos is the weakest hard counter to cavalry in the game (population wise). I guess that's true. Maybe they could use a _small_ boost.

If you take all this into consideration I think your changes considering Odin will be fine.
  • yoma
    Banned
    posted 25 July 2007 03:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 43       
    caboose, u can't make elies to counter jarls if noobie over here made jarls have a bonus to elies.
    Ubermode
    Mortal
    posted 25 July 2007 04:09 PM EDT (US)     8 / 43       
    Atlantean - Remove valor altogether. Give Prometheus a different god power. I'm not sure what, but valor adds up to like 2k resources overall. Make All atlantean heroes between 20 and 45% cheaper. Add villager build limit by 5 so they can keep up lategame with other civs. Decrease build time on town centers.

Gaia - Giver a whole a new line of eco upgrades. Make gaia forest gathered 10% faster for her vills, as it is only 5% now I believe.

Kronos - Increase timeshift cost slightly.(50 wood instead of 5 or something) keep towers/palaces the same.

Oranos - Sky Passages 10-20% cheaper.

Greek - I thought Greeks were the most balance of all the civs. The only thing I could think of was a huge boost to Hetairoi, because as it is, it is way more cost effective to make Hippikons. Also, increase base hitpoints of all ranged heroes by 5-10%. Make Bellerophons jumping bonus do slightly less bonus damage. Nerf petrobolis range slightly. Decrease myrmidon bonus vs buildings.Very slightly increase Bachanalia(sp? xD) effect.

Egyptian - Make markets cost 50 gold. Give priests 5% base pierce armour, and 15% base hack armour. Very slightly increase building speed for villagers, as it takes like 110 seconds for 2 villagers to build an armoury without empowerment, but very slightly decrease pharoah effect on building empowerment. Make docks cost 60 gold. Valley of the Kings cost 600 gold and 50 favor. Expensive yes, but this tech is more or less a game ender. Increase slings of the sun from 1.2X to 2X.

Ra - Make rain last 10 seconds longer. Make his monuments gather favour 10% faster than others. Make scarabs cost 23 favor, and make Sphinxes cost 180 food.

Isis - Decrease monument god power blocking range massively. Nerf eclipse effect on ancestors. Make her cheaper techs 5% instead of 10%. Heavy and Champion upgrades for elephants slighyl decreased.

Set - Remove animal negative multiplier altogether. Make Pharaoh summoned animals all cost less population. Make animals that appear when you advance cost no population at all. Slightly nerf Feral effect. Increase his bonus to slingers. (15% instead of 10%)

Norse - Thought they were quite balanced as well. Eyes in the forest needs a boost, so does Lone wanderer. Thought Hall of Thanes should cost 250 wood but 15 favor. Make Aurora Borealis +4 attack instead of +6, however make it give valks a LOS bonus. Make Forest Fire not effect gaia forest, as in team rated that is basically instant win vs non isis/hades. Make Flaming Weapons not effect Rag heroes. NERF WINTER HARVESTZ. Axe of Muspell costs less resources, slightly more favor. Keep it as a heroic age upgrade. Towers get a higher bonus vs flying units. This is because norse have the weakest towers in the game. other civs have guard tower, and eggy even have ballista tower upgrade. Towers have 2.5X bonus vs flying units by default. TA have +1, or +2 range.

Odin - Increase hunt bonus. Give him an extra hunting tech if not that. Wasn't sure which would be more OP. Decrease Raven respawn time, increase movementspeed. +5% health to Huskarls/Jarls. His hillforts cost 5-10% less to build.

Loki - Fairly balanced. Perhaps make his longhouse units train slightly faster, as it is quite a negligible bonus really.

Thor - remove dwarf bonus, remove baldr from mythic age. just give him Tyr and Tyr. remove armoury bonus, make RC cost 200 food, 100 gold.

thats about as balanced as it gets. as everyone at agesanc already said to you, you are changing to much stuff, and a lot of the stuff you are changing is pointless (+10% LOS to hippikons and RC = wtf)
    # Atlanteans counter jarls fine with their very strong katapeltes.
    # Egyptians have some trouble countering FU jarls until mythic age, which seems fair enough considering they're the best boomers in the game and also can make elephants, which also beat jarls. I don't think camels need a boost vs jarls, because then, in mythic age, Odin won't have anything to counter Ra's FU camelry for example. He has no bragi ulfs, do you see? I don't think the camels need a boost, because eggy already have elephants.
    # Norse have bragi ulfs, which owns all cavalry, and Odin counters jarls with more jarls.
    # Greek I'm not sure about. People say that prodromos is the weakest hard counter to cavalry in the game (population wise). I guess that's true. Maybe they could use a _small_ boost.
    Wrong, Wrong, Wrong and Wrong.

1.)Katapeltes stick without weightless mace upgrade, and to get that it means sacrificing Prometheus, which is just suicide. katapeltes probably worst hard counter for any unit in the game, and are only really worth it if your opponent is going full elephant, which means you are probably going to lose anyway.

2.)eggy have trouble have trouble countering them until heroic age, where they just make elephants and compared to jarls elephants are worth 7-8 pop but take up only 5. but how likely is it the norse player will reach heroic before the eggy?

3.) Bragi ulfs are only worth it vs someone who doesnt really know the counter system and just masses cavalry, and refuses to make tox back up or something. also, keep in mind it is unlikely you will have a strong eco if you are playing a cavalry flooder as they SHOULD have raided your economy into oblivion by this time so your ulfs will be without any good improvements other than swine array which means the cav will walk all over your ulfs anyway.

4.)Prodromos are the best hard cav counter in the game lol. Compared to Camelry and Katapeltes they are totally elite.

the only civs that really NEED work are the ones I mentioned.

[This message has been edited by Ubermode (edited 07-25-2007 @ 04:34 PM).]

DragonQ
    SC2H Seraph
    posted 25 July 2007 04:37 PM EDT (US)     9 / 43       
    Sorry Ubermode but your changes are quite frankly ridiculous. ES will never change a GP in a patch.
    Atlantean - Remove valor altogether. Give Prometheus a different god power. I'm not sure what, but valor adds up to like 2k resources overall. Make All atlantean heroes between 20 and 45% cheaper. Add villager build limit by 5 so they can keep up lategame with other civs. Decrease build time on town centers.
    Can't remove Valour. No way is it 2000 resources, more like 1000 max.
    Gaia - Giver a whole a new line of eco upgrades. Make gaia forest gathered 10% faster for her vills, as it is only 5% now I believe.
    I agree with the first one but I don't think it's possible to just add upgrades. Gaia's Forest already gives a +10% bonus to villagers.
    Kronos - Increase timeshift cost slightly.(50 wood instead of 5 or something) keep towers/palaces the same.
    Increasing something by 1000% is not "slightly". The weakness of Timeshift is that buildings can be destroyed easily while being Timeshifted.
    Egyptian - Make markets cost 50 gold. Give priests 5% base pierce armour, and 15% base hack armour. Very slightly increase building speed for villagers, as it takes like 110 seconds for 2 villagers to build an armoury without empowerment, but very slightly decrease pharoah effect on building empowerment. Make docks cost 60 gold.
    Don't see the point of any of these changes, and it's only the Armoury that takes bloody ages to build. Other free buildings aren't too bad. But then maybe the Armoury takes ages because it hurts the FH slightly.
    Isis - Decrease monument god power blocking range massively. Nerf eclipse effect on ancestors. Make flood of the nile tech 5 food every 10 seconds as opposed to 1 food per second.
    Isis' Monuments have had their GP blocking range nerfed already. Same for Ancestors. Nothing wrong with Flood of the Nile
    Set - Remove animal negative multiplier altogether. Make Pharaoh summoned animals all cost less population. Make animals that appear when you advance cost no population at all. Slightly nerf Feral effect.
    This will make them too powerful again - you need a middle ground, like I suggested in the other thread.

Can't really comment on the Norse stuff as I never play them.

Ubermode
    Mortal
    posted 25 July 2007 04:43 PM EDT (US)     10 / 43       
    im not arguing with a 1600, since about 30 1800+ already agreed with it. valor can be used 3 times, including 225 food for a villager 3 times thats already almost 1000 on its own, and you have 9 other units at about 120 each to go through, depening on tha unit.

9 contarius works out as 1200 resources I believe, and 3 villagers works out as 675. thats almost 2000 resources, which is VERY OP.

cba to quote and go through, as i think every single one of your comments was wrong.
    DragonQ
    SC2H Seraph
    posted 25 July 2007 05:10 PM EDT (US)     11 / 43       
    While I respect 1800 players' opinions, it's ones who are arrogant like you that give the game a bad name - and generally seem to make awful balance changes. I think it's because to get to that rating you generally have to be very good with a single God and that tends to make you biased. I don't see a problem with me disagreeing with your points - simply dismissing my points is arrogant and doesn't help your case.

MagmaLord
    Mortal
    (id: darkdude)
    posted 25 July 2007 05:20 PM EDT (US)     12 / 43       
    im not arguing with a 1600, since about 30 1800+ already agreed with it.
    Give names, and your own rate.

Plus most "experts" don't even care, as they all use Isis anyways

eclipse+anscestors should be nerfed, but flood of the nile is laughable. Who's going to invest that money in early game? And later, it only counts as an extra villager. See it as getting Black Lotus.

Skypassages need not to be cheaper, they already make Underworld passage useless.

Valley of the kings is not OP. If you can spare those resources (and have 5 second training elephants continuously pump out) you already won the game. Chariots train fast enough already. Camels suck.
    Katapeltes stick without weightless mace upgrade, and to get that it means sacrificing Prometheus, which is just suicide. katapeltes probably worst hard counter for any unit in the game, and are only really worth it if your opponent is going full elephant, which means you are probably going to lose anyway.
    Going prometheus would be suicide anyways since you're not giving him valor. Please keep consistency.

Shanks13
    Rogue Agent
    posted 25 July 2007 05:32 PM EDT (US)     13 / 43       
    And how is this to be distributed?

As I said in a different thread, whenever something is patched, the OP civ is nerfed to death, and the other civs become unbalanced. I say just leave it alone, fixing glitches is fine, but major gameplay changes?

LightmareNikita
    Banned
    posted 25 July 2007 05:34 PM EDT (US)     14 / 43       
    EXCUSE ME

I have a very important question

All of the bonuses Poseidon just recieved is FANTASTIC

But how do i actully activate these bonuses?

The Update titans doesn't work...
    Caboose_Nor
    Mortal
    posted 25 July 2007 05:38 PM EDT (US)     15 / 43       
    Ubermode, you might wanna humble yourself up a bit, cause it is you who is wrong.

Tell me, why is prodromos so good and katapeltes so bad?

Atty get katapeltes in classical, and they have a starting attack of 5.0, times 3 which is their bonus = 15. They have 115 hp. They take TWO population slots, so they do 7.5 attack and have 57.5 hp per pop.

Greek don't get prodromos until heroic, and they have a starting attack of 6.0, again, times 3 = 18. They have 120 hp. They take THREE population slots, so they do 6.0 attack and have only 40 hp per pop. Now, do you still think prodromos is the best hard counter vs cavalry, and katapeltes still the worst?

Katapeltes are more cost effective and they can be produced in classical. Why on earth would you say that prodromos are better? It's not for nothing that almost everybody says that Greek has the worst counter to cavalry besides Odin. Don't compare to camelry, because Egyptians get elephants which beat everything besides their hard counters, including all other cavarly.

Katapeltes also have 34% hack armor, compared to prodromos lousy 20%, so the effective hp-difference is even bigger.

Katapeltes beat prodromos big-time when it comes to population efficiency. Yet you claim that I am "WRONG WRONG WRONG"...
    LightmareNikita
    Banned
    posted 25 July 2007 05:44 PM EDT (US)     16 / 43       
    The problem is Caboose, Kaltapeltas can't actully CATCH cavarly...and With Prodromos speed boost from Hermes, they become better at chasing down cavarly.

But in the battle, kalt. are beter...
    Caboose_Nor
    Mortal
    posted 25 July 2007 05:45 PM EDT (US)     17 / 43       
    caboose, u can't make elies to counter jarls if noobie over here made jarls have a bonus to elies.
    Of course, I don't agree that jarls should have bonus to ellies. But I do think that ellies should be nerfed a little bit.
    Black_Oni
    Mortal
    posted 25 July 2007 06:17 PM EDT (US)     18 / 43       
    does this patch work online

also all the peeps that are totally criticising the patch if u dont like it dont get it and make ur own ☻

My first Kronos games I played on ESO Mid 2007.
    Kronos(me) vs Possy~1600 to 1621 - Failed Raid Good Titan Recovery
    Kronos(me) vs Kronos~1621 to 1636 - Very Awesome Successful Krush
    Kronos(me) vs Loki~1636 to 1652 - Failed Krush Great Recovery
    Member Since - 04-16-2007
    Main ESO Names - RmC_Avatar, neva_wins, Norrin Radd

[This message has been edited by black_oni (edited 07-25-2007 @ 06:21 PM).]

DragonQ
    SC2H Seraph
    posted 25 July 2007 06:22 PM EDT (US)     19 / 43       
    I assume ESO will detect you haven't got the latest patch and try to install it. Even if you could go on ESO with it, you'd only be able to play against people that also have the patch.

You can play Direct IP though.

Black_Oni
    Mortal
    posted 25 July 2007 06:27 PM EDT (US)     20 / 43       
    but will it make me go out of sync if im playin sum1 that hasnt got the patch

(also u dont have 2 answer dis but what is that ip thing i went on and didnt know what 2 do)

DragonQ
    SC2H Seraph
    posted 25 July 2007 06:30 PM EDT (US)     21 / 43       
    If you play with someone without the same patch version as you, it will go Out of Sync. This is only for Direct IP though (when you go to Multiplayer it'll have two choices - Online and Direct IP) because you won't be able to get on ESO at all.

Wipeout_Giver
    Mortal
    posted 25 July 2007 06:31 PM EDT (US)     22 / 43       
    About the only changes I'd agree with are: The cheaper Hillfort; The Argo; Hetaroi HP; Dock upgrades; Satyr attack. The rest are either ennecessary or, in some cases, outright silly.

I'd say that a HP boost of 30% in any tech would be pushing it. Perhaps half that - 15% extra HP would suffice for heroic renewal?

Maybe +70 HP is a bit generous to possy. That would put Hetaroi's on an equal footing HP-wise with Jarls. Though not on a par with Odin's Jarls obviously. The hetarois do require a minor boost though . . .
    thats about as balanced as it gets. as everyone at agesanc already said to you, you are changing to much stuff, and a lot of the stuff you are changing is pointless
    Lol, irony XD.

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (" )_(" )
    This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

[This message has been edited by Wipeout_Giver (edited 07-25-2007 @ 06:36 PM).]

Black_Oni
    Mortal
    posted 25 July 2007 06:42 PM EDT (US)     23 / 43       
    srry bout dis DragonQ but uuuuh i dont understand u

this question is just talkin about ESO not IP

if i dl and install the patch will i be able 2 go onto ESO and play people that dont have the patch and that do have the patch without goin out of sync.

also what is IP

DragonQ
    SC2H Seraph
    posted 25 July 2007 06:45 PM EDT (US)     24 / 43       
    IP = Internet Protocol (Address).

As I've said you cannot connect to ESO if you install this patch (or any other unofficial patch). So going out of sync on ESO isn't an issue. It'll say you don't have the latest patch and try to install it I imagine.

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 07-25-2007 @ 06:46 PM).]

Shanks13
    Rogue Agent
    posted 25 July 2007 06:53 PM EDT (US)     25 / 43       
    To clarify: This isn't an official ES patch. This is player made. If ES made this, it would probably be a lot more complex/different. Downloading this from Ancient_tribe and using it online would cause an immediate OoS, due to data incompatibility.

Black_Oni
    Mortal
    posted 25 July 2007 07:01 PM EDT (US)     26 / 43       
    lol k thx

so if i get it i will go out of sync.........nah just kidding i understand lol

Shanks13
    Rogue Agent
    posted 25 July 2007 07:18 PM EDT (US)     27 / 43       
    You would go OoS every time I bet, which would just be a waste of your time.

Ubermode
    Mortal
    posted 25 July 2007 07:27 PM EDT (US)     28 / 43       
    It won't OoS if you play someone without the patch, It will just say CDC mismatch, and you wont be able to play them at all.

Prodromos are 2 pop.

Seriously, this is why i didn't want to come over here to post. People here, despite having extremely low rates, argue until they are blue in the face.
    I didn't say katapeltes suck, I said they are the worst counter cavalry unit in the game. thats 3rd out of 3. I would say camelry are, but camelry can act as very strong raiders, and are also reasonable against archers due to their high speed and pretty high pierce armour for a counter cav unit.

@Magmalord, go and download any expert Isis rec at all. In every single one of them, regardless of map you will see that they get flood of the nile. 60 food a minute. 600 food every 10 minutes. That is a lot of food, no? Black Lotus is 1 food every 5 seconds or something. Also, my rate? I'm sitting on a 1782 at the moment I believe, but that is purely with Set, and almost purely with villager rush. I average around 1800-1850 random god. Also, I don't think any experts are active at the moment. It's likely Phil will be getting expert tag relatively soon, however other than Spoeft and SoNiC, all other experts quit now.
    also what is IP
    You're internet address (i don't know english translation).

I cba to go through everyone I showed it too. I posted in this guys thread on age sanctuary, and every single person that could be bothered to read it said all positive things (except for Kratos(a 1900 Isis player) who said the rain bonus would make Scarab rush way to strong, at which point I changed Scarab favor cost to 23).

Seriously guys, I know what I'm talking about. You can argue with me and flame me all you like, but ultimately, even if you think you are right, you almost certainly aren't. When an 1800 says xxx unit>xxx unit he is right. How else would he have gotten his 1800+ rate?
    As I've said you cannot connect to ESO if you install this patch (or any other unofficial patch). So going out of sync on ESO isn't an issue. It'll say you don't have the latest patch and try to install it I imagine.
    seriously, if you dont know what you are talking about, keep your mouth shut. Yes, you CAN connect to ESO, but you will not be able to play anybody else unless they have exactly the same path as you.
    Katapeltes are more cost effective and they can be produced in classical. Why on earth would you say that prodromos are better? It's not for nothing that almost everybody says that Greek has the worst counter to cavalry besides Odin. Don't compare to camelry, because Egyptians get elephants which beat everything besides their hard counters, including all other cavarly.

Katapeltes also have 34% hack armor, compared to prodromos lousy 20%, so the effective hp-difference is even bigger.
    Elephants also beat their hard counters. Base armour, katapeltes are better, true. However look at them when full upgraded. Also, katapeltes dont have 3X bonus vs cav, it's only 2.5.

[This message has been edited by Ubermode (edited 07-25-2007 @ 07:31 PM).]

DragonQ
    SC2H Seraph
    posted 25 July 2007 07:30 PM EDT (US)     29 / 43       
    How can you connect to ESO? If it can detect when you have 1.02 instead of 1.03 why can't it detect whether you have a random unofficial patch instead of 1.03? I admit I never checked it, but I made a logical assumption based on what happens in other circumstances.

Oh, and you're not helping disproving the "arrogant" accusation...there's no need to get angry and start insulting people.

Ubermode
    Mortal
    posted 25 July 2007 07:33 PM EDT (US)     30 / 43       
    How can you connect to ESO? If it can detect when you have 1.02 instead of 1.03 why can't it detect whether you have a random unofficial patch instead of 1.03? I admit I never checked it, but I made a logical assumption based on what happens in other circumstances.

Oh, and you're not helping disproving the "arrogant" accusation...there's no need to get angry and start insulting people.
    How come it cant detect when someone has the console activated? Or a maphack on? It can't. You obviously haven't been over here at aomh very long, because only about 12 months ago, they also tried to do their own patch. however it wasnt thought out very well, and it failed miserably xD.
    « Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
    You must be logged in to post messages.
    Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames