You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.73 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » impossible to get to 1700
Bottom
Topic Subject:impossible to get to 1700
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 18 August 2007 02:01 PM EDT (US)         
It's really impossible to get to 1700 because there are always these 2 losers that ocme along that when thye're losing they just drop hack my good ally anf game over, is there any place i can report them cause i wrote their names down.
AuthorReplies:
Out Reach
Mortal
(id: newreach268)
posted 18 August 2007 02:47 PM EDT (US)     1 / 73       
tip 1 - play single player, then its all you.
tip 2 - Its not impossible if someone else has done it before, you should just say you are finding it difficult instead of causing shock and histeria with buzz words.
tip 3 - If you are going to play with an ally make sure to create synergy.
tip 4 - if you didn't notice the irony in tips 2 and 3 you diserve to be shot.
tip 5 - Allthough i am perfectly ok with anyone playing posidon, im going to say this before someone arrives and tries to provoke you. Play a different god once in a while.

Out Reach
The guy who writes the erotic fan fiction in Yeebaagoon's signature
yoma
Banned
posted 18 August 2007 02:57 PM EDT (US)     2 / 73       
well, HOW ABOUT WE STOP USING A FORMER 1900 TO BECOME A 1700!

LMAO, I became 1700 by beating a 1660 possy.
Caboose_Nor
Mortal
posted 18 August 2007 03:12 PM EDT (US)     3 / 73       
Yeah, what happened to you LightmareNikita? I thought you said you were 1800+
BlackSun88
Banned
posted 18 August 2007 03:12 PM EDT (US)     4 / 73       
Yes alot of people are using this kid "mydickislong" who is a 1900+ smurf to boost them to 1700, velitewarrior and lightmarenikita for example.

@caboose. not to sound like a jerk lightmare, but you've never legitimately been 1650+ or at least you have never proven/shown me.

[This message has been edited by Colossus88 (edited 08-18-2007 @ 03:15 PM).]

DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 18 August 2007 03:30 PM EDT (US)     5 / 73       
I played him 2vs2 then 4vs4. 2vs2 was one of the worst maps I've seen - my partner was missing a TC, and we thought I was too, but it turns out it was in a little sticky-out bit (this was Marsh), which was protected by Lightmare's TC at the base of the sticky-out bit! Needless to say, he tried to raid me with about 15 Hippikons and continually ran into my camels and killed 1 villager at most. Then I was about to take his TC down when my partner resigned due to Curse/Bronze/Centaur Strangle (remember, he had only 2 TCs on the map, although I doubt having a 3rd would have saved him), and Lightmare's partner bailed him out.

And I'm not exactly great - 1650 probably although I don't play rated often enough for it to mean that much.

The 4vs4 was fairly pointless as one guy had to leave to eat after about 20 minutes, by which time I had 4 TCs. Lightmare sent his usual all-Hippikon army about 2 minutes before our partner had to leave, and they did absolutely nothing. Didn't even find my villagers. No idea what happened to them in the last minute or so before I resigned (it was 4vs1 due to everyone leaving lol). At the end he said he was beating on purple, who was closer to him, but I never saw any "beating", just purple doing fine (he was Norse IIRC).

So yeah, the reason you can't get to 1700 is cos you aren't good enough. How can you expect to make all-Hippikon and win? You don't even attack early enough - in the 2vs2 you had the same number of Hippikons as I had of Camels, and I semi-FHed while booming and had only one Migdol.

And I also know about this mydickislong account, you shameful people :P
@caboose. not to sound like a jerk lightmare, but you've never legitimately been 1650+ or at least you have never proven/shown me.
My thoughts exactly.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 08-18-2007 @ 03:31 PM).]

LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 18 August 2007 05:08 PM EDT (US)     6 / 73       
OMFG, the 4v4 my army was part hippokin part archer, if u didn't see that ur blind.

i raided u way too late, and it' srlly impossible to raid eggy with 4 towers protected by houses/crenulations and then that gay spinx annoying special.

Guys, i'm 1660+, but people say i'm a lot better than that cause thye say my raiding is unstoppable sometimes.

Oh collosus shut up, u were also one fo the people using Mydickislong to get ur rate up. Stop being such a Hypocrite.
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 18 August 2007 05:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 73       
What's the point of boosting your rating if you can't perform at that level in the end? Sure, you may have a score of 1700+, but if you ever have to play, then you will obviously have some difficulty.

I would personally never listen to someone who tells you what rating you 'should' be. If you are that good, then get there.

It is difficult to get to 1700, but possible. It takes time. Usually more than I am willing to invest

Ubermode
Banned
posted 18 August 2007 05:40 PM EDT (US)     8 / 73       
if you find eggy hard to raid you are weird.
Pdroo
Banned
posted 18 August 2007 06:18 PM EDT (US)     9 / 73       
i am 1700 playing once a month and with a lap top's mouse pad ^^ , so:

1) use a better god and
2) use the checklist to expertize in the aom pages

ull be 1700++ easily..
BlackSun88
Banned
posted 18 August 2007 06:25 PM EDT (US)     10 / 73       
Lightmarenikita look at my main account's rated game history, i have never played with Mydickislong, nice try.
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 18 August 2007 08:49 PM EDT (US)     11 / 73       
Pdroo, the check area about score reading offers no additional info. Thought I'd point that out. Otherwise, it looks real nice.

WNxWylde1
Mortal
posted 18 August 2007 10:46 PM EDT (US)     12 / 73       
No offense Lightmare, but..

I would stop trying to act like a possy pro. >.>
Sure, im not the best. But When i played you my 1700 partner took you and your partner in a 2v1 lol :P

Yes, and im pretty sure that same friend is the one that taught you how to play possy

Lightmare i would say your like 1660+ and anyone who says your anybetter is a noob.

Imo
yoma
Banned
posted 18 August 2007 11:18 PM EDT (US)     13 / 73       
OMFG, the 4v4 my army was part hippokin part archer, if u didn't see that ur blind.
LMAO, yeah, it was hips+tox because i remember lightmare (during that game) saying that some expert said that it was one of the more formidable unit combos in the game.
BlackSun88
Banned
posted 18 August 2007 11:45 PM EDT (US)     14 / 73       
Guess what beats hipp/tox lightmare?

-Kat/Murm/turma
-Mass Slings(lol, its true)
-Hop/tox
-Flanking with Rc and op HoT Hersir attacking 10% Hack hipps.
-Any army with MU

lol
ARBIT3R
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 07:09 AM EDT (US)     15 / 73       
It's pretty unlikely your gonna verse the same 2 ppl every time u get near 1700. Anyway if their hackers their probably near the 2k mark like all the other hackers
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 19 August 2007 07:24 AM EDT (US)     16 / 73       
You don't have a right to complain imo. Anyone who gets their
"best rating" through 2v2 doesn't deserve it. Your rating should reflect your skills 1v1.

Another thing, if you are truly 1700, you have to be able to beat 1700's consistently-not just one time.

Also, 1700 isn't impossible cause I have been 17+ all week.
Ubermode
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 07:24 AM EDT (US)     17 / 73       
jarl/ta is op.

btw, hop/tox probably wouldn't win vs hip/tox because hips beat hops. same with murm/turma. mass slings definitely wouldn't win. maybe with a loads of spears as meatshield, but tox increased range would kill spears, and hips would annihilate slingers.
ARBIT3R
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 07:33 AM EDT (US)     18 / 73       
cavalry aren't that good against arhcer units. They have good bonuses but their path finding is screwed so they take a couple of seconds for the horsemen to figure out which unit to attack then which lets the archers have a few free shots before they even charge them. It's pretty minor but it does effect battles especially when its something like 5 hippikon verse 7 arcus

PS: Why do u guys hate lightmarenakiti so much?

[This message has been edited by ARBIT3R (edited 08-19-2007 @ 07:36 AM).]

Salient
Mortal
posted 19 August 2007 08:34 AM EDT (US)     19 / 73       
One mistake that sub 1700 level greek players often make is that they don't understand how and when to switch to Heroic Age counter units. Hips/Tox is very good in classic most of the time. In heroic, it's good to get some of those counter units out. Those counter units need lots of micro or they suck. They rape their counters, but do little damage otherwise. Peltasts eat expensive CA alive, but don't let your peltasts waste time attacking an elephant. It's just sad. Micro those Podrmos/Hysps/Pelts onto their counters, get upgrades, and get some siege! While you are doing all of that at the front, your economy should be expanding at home.

[This message has been edited by Salient (edited 08-19-2007 @ 08:38 AM).]

NiceHorus
Mortal
posted 19 August 2007 10:06 AM EDT (US)     20 / 73       
Hi lightmare.

I agree it is virtually impossible to get to 1700 for a new player, unless you forget all about your 1700 dreams and just play straight away.

There are always smurfs, there are always people drop from 1750++ or 1800++ to 1600 around and play all newbees down.

I am personally being one of people probably around 1730 to 1750 but at moment I can't even make myself pass 1590, seriously. I lost a battle recently against some zeus and then an Isis, which was virtually un-believable. Though one of them admitted that he was 1790 in the past, but still it was extremely annoying to see him smurfing at 1621, and I was too easy in late game because I took the entire water on mediterrian and hit myth much earlier, so I thought I would win easily. I should never up Osiris vs. Isis though, especially I didn't have many monument...

Anyway, I remember the first time and second time I hit 1700, which were as well the only twice I hit 1700, was extremely long and hard journey. The first battle I went fast titan and dug out 5 titans that morning in a row. Lucky enough none of my enemies were in the mood of fighting a titan at 6 a.m. in morning. So they mostly resigned. Then the last battle my locus swarm killed 18 of enemy villagers and dwarfs at 9:12 (extremely lucky cast), and I got my miggy with second tc up already, so he resigned as well, that was how I got to 1700 first time.

Second time was easier, fought some 1699 Isis when I was 1685, and he was fancying some double tc strategy while I did critical FH. Then he went Thoth too fast, but didn't make any descent army...Pretty much suicide. I did straight elephant spam, and not go myth so I could spare 1000/1000 resources on my army. After I knocked down his first tc he went out of things, then resigned, so I hit 1700 for the second time.

After that I only hit 1699 once, and never been that high again. I believe if I do 20 games in a row I should hit 1700, but I never has the spirit of doing that kind of things again.

Mydickislong is a descent player. I fought him last time with velite on my side and biblo on the other. Tough battle I would say. Because I got better ally so I managed to win, extremely lucky win

Anyway, good luck. Keep away from hack users as they really suck helly bad. One of the reasons I stopped trying to get to 1700 is that I met too many hack users recently, like 5 or 6 in three days, so I got fed up. Play at another time if you can't pass some hacker at certain hour.

Regards

Aoth_1wing_angel
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 10:19 AM EDT (US)     21 / 73       
Guess what beats hipp/tox lightmare?

-Kat/Murm/turma
-Mass Slings(lol, its true)
-Hop/tox
-Flanking with Rc and op HoT Hersir attacking 10% Hack hipps.
-Any army with MU

lol

Well, Half my hippokins will rape those turma and prolly force him to retreat as i focus fire on his Kalt/Murm with archers.

Mass slinger? What kind of trash is that? Possibly vs. Ur so called uber Hoplite/Tox lame build, but hippokins? No way.

No actully Hippokins/Toxetes>Hoplites/toxetes cause my archers aren't afraid of 5 hoplites coming right at them, but ur archers will prolly retreat when 5 hippokins are running towards them.

Against Loki , i think i'll go Hoplite/Tox because it seems like a very powerful build against him cause i'll have Hippolyta, many toxetes and a Hoplite Meatshield. Cause ONLY Loki would have HoT Hersir, and faster hersir doesn't mean toxetes are no longer a threat.

All myth army?
I'll have Hippolyta so myths really aren't a problem, and if she's being attacked, i'll retreat.
empireofages
AoMH Review Team
posted 19 August 2007 11:16 AM EDT (US)     22 / 73       
lets start with that if you really want to get 1700 you should start with learning how to spell.

HIPPIKONS no HIPPOKINS
TOXOTES no TOXETES

and since katapeltes get an insane multiplier vs cavalry , your Hippikons will be dead before they get to the turma, murms finish your 80% dead hips and turma... well do i need to say anything about the power of turmae?

2nd nobody is afraid of hyppolyta, she has the lowest attack animation. By the time she has fired 1 slow shot, i will have owned her already. You will simply have no chance of even thinking about retreat.
Also you talk a lot about focus firing and micro.
If you really did all those things and you learned about how certain combo's easily beat others you would have been in the sub 1700 range already.

Noobs do not excist.
There are just players and better players.

[This message has been edited by empireofages (edited 08-19-2007 @ 11:16 AM).]

BlackSun88
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 12:52 PM EDT (US)     23 / 73       
Dude mass slingers are rape. Seriously.
LightmareNikita
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 03:20 PM EDT (US)     24 / 73       
MY Hippokins will divide and kill ur turma, ur kalt don't have 7.00 speed ok?

Ur turma are dead and ur kalt should be dead from my archers by now, but atlanteans are OP so it's embarrasing if u play em...
BlackSun88
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 04:54 PM EDT (US)     25 / 73       
If we wanted to get picky, im pretty sure weightless mace kats will own hippikons regardless of their speed.
Ubermode
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 05:15 PM EDT (US)     26 / 73       
Hips dont have 7 speed. hell they barely have 6 speed...
yoma
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 07:26 PM EDT (US)     27 / 73       
If we wanted to get picky, im pretty sure weightless mace kats will own hippikons regardless of their speed.
since when do people go oceanus?? XD
WNxWylde1
Mortal
posted 19 August 2007 07:28 PM EDT (US)     28 / 73       
When they are noobs/ Gaia
yoma
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 07:31 PM EDT (US)     29 / 73       
if anyone was noob enough to go oceanus, they wouldnt know how to research a tech.

@ gaia comment
not too many gaia's out there.
the only reason people play isis is because isis is sexy.
and people dont play gaia cause she is the opposite of sexy.
a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 19 August 2007 09:53 PM EDT (US)     30 / 73       
actually I have seen a lot of Gaia players lately
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames