You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.45 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Are Atlanteans Overpowered and hated? Lol
Bottom
Topic Subject:Are Atlanteans Overpowered and hated? Lol
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
ShadowSeeker_123
Mortal
posted 18 August 2007 08:59 PM EDT (US)         
To kick off this thread, before the flame from the attie lovers begins, ill post my thoughts:

1. They get to use multiple god powers.. It should be balanced considering theres other races that could use multiple godpowers or reduce it to one overall. What about bolt? A one time thing? Compared to a multiple used vortex, or valor and so on? Not to mention their god powers are incredibly powerful.. Implode? That brings your whole army to low health, destroys most buildings, unless you can get your army out of its reach, which is hard.

2. Their economy is a major boom. They dont need a drop off so their economy is naturally better than most civis until you get later game, where the other civs have all of their villies made, but cmon, you wont live that long. And from there reason 2 starts.

3. They have an incredibly strong anti-you unit to whatever you make. If you make horses, they have katapeltes, but youre saying, only idiots only make one unit, but you always have more than one of the other units. You might focus on archers and have horses in the front as meat, or focus on infantry with a few archers in back. Or even make all there, though there will be few. And they can do the very same. Katapeltes, cheiroballistas and contarious.

4. Destroyers are the cheapest thing on earth. Their siege, yet do normal damage making them rather strong against normal units, becoming the equivalent to a normal infantry, like hoplite. The only difference is their armor is significantly stronger. Also they can become heroes (another reason why atlanteans are OP.. anyhting becoming a hero?).

5. Their villagers may be created slower, but they act the equivalent of about 3 normal villagers, yet only cost 2.5x the normal amount, and when they become hero (most of the time from valor) they become incredibly better.

6. Time warp can be abused which is enough said since you can ambush the person with buildings as you attack without hurting your economy by sacrificing a villager at all.

7. They can make a settlement in the first age, seriously, they can make a settlement right infront of you before you can defend (what, with kataskopos or the pharaoh?) And from there you spiral down.

8. Their myth units are incredibly cheap, most civis get 2 water myth units (Greek - Scylla and The Crab thing, Egyptian - Leviathan and War Turtle, Norse - Kraken and the Jormund Elever) and 0 or 1 flying (Greek - Nothing, Egyptian - Pheonix, Norse - Nidhogg) But wait, the Atlanteans get more, Man-o-War and the Nereid, both incredibly strong, man-o-war is almost a massable son of osiris on water, and nereid take apart other costly water myth units and boats, also he gets a healer on water? For Flying they get a lot more flying, stymphalian bird which is more massable than pheonix and caladria, another hard to acess healer. Heka Gigantes? Cmon! THeyre the most over powered thing on earth, they might be targeted and taken down easy, but after taking down how many with its special? 3 maybe 4? The behemoth completely shows the scarab up in siege wise.

I know im going to be hated, and flamed, but I know some people agree with me, and most of you will be saying. Just learn strategies to beat them, out rush them, boom the map or whatever, but sadly, not everyone is as good as you, not everyone will be able to outrush an already easy to use civiliation that only people who cant play use. Now youll say, learn to get better then. How? By playing and getting absolutely destroyed by atlanteans until the point where they decide to become one and become one of the unending army of cheap players? Ive seen many times where very good players fall to people just because they get Helios, time warp fortresses to their base while using three hero villagers and massing mirror towers (which are built very fast with the three). I want you to be open minded, and to all you atlanteans out there. Please, learn to play the game other than "LET'S MASS UNITS AND WITH OUR RESOURCES WE CAN KEEP ON MAKING, THEN MAKE DESTROYERS TAKE OUT TOWN CENTRE AND CALL THEM NOOB". Seriously. Ive dealt with this long enough and want to see if other people out there also have reasons why atlanteans should at least be nerfed (god powers used once, need a drop off point, a different way to get favor? A town centre to get favor? Thats even easier than the egyptians. The game attempted to balance favor to the quality of myth units. Norse get favor a harder way but get amazing myth units, and the egyptians are that great). Leave out your ideas and speak what you want about atlanteans and flame me.

Though i doubt this post will last long considering it will most likely be deleted, removing the freedom of speech that i want to get across my opinion, which brings up another matter of ethics into it. Blocking out my opinion.

By the way, thanks for reading this obscenly long post, if you did. And ill be able to tell if you read the topic and said "Atlanteans own, youre just sad you lost to them" Yes, i am sad and angry i lost to them, its because i lost and i cant beat them because their economy lets them do whatever they want.

[This message has been edited by ShadowSeeker_123 (edited 08-18-2007 @ 09:00 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Farrel
Banned
posted 18 August 2007 09:15 PM EDT (US)     1 / 45       
Atl isn't that overpowered, just easy to play. Egyptian is overpowered.
Superusername
Mortal
posted 18 August 2007 09:20 PM EDT (US)     2 / 45       
Well I read the whole thing and im just saying that you just listed all the positives of atlanteans and none of the negatives you can make any civ sound Op by doin that
Example: Greeks

1. they get really powerful god powers restoration is a almost automatic battle winner Ceasefire can make them easily take a TC right next to you Pestilence can stop your whole army production Vault gives them about 12 unraidable villagers and earthquake is an automatic titan stopper

2 There economy is about average with Norse but cmon they are so OP that their econ should be alot worse

3 They have anti-horse, anti-archer, anti-infantry, horses, archers and infantry what more could you ask for

4 Their siege is easily massable and they have super powerful units unlike all the other civs their units are way powerful and their heroes are even pop efficent vs humans!!!!!

5 They can have up to 80 easily massable villagers

ETC ETC ETC
lokiodin
Mortal
posted 18 August 2007 09:23 PM EDT (US)     3 / 45       
So, who cares? If you don't like them, don't play them. And if they are hated, why, I can only think of one reason someone would hate Atlanteans, and that is if you just are like 1700+ and you want to stay there, and don't want to fall to Attys.
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 18 August 2007 09:34 PM EDT (US)     4 / 45       
Though i doubt this post will last long considering it will most likely be deleted, removing the freedom of speech that i want to get across my opinion, which brings up another matter of ethics into it. Blocking out my opinion.
This thread will remain open until excess flaming and the like occurs. I'm sorry if you dislike the rules on this forum, but we feel they are necessary to run things smoothly.
1. They get to use multiple god powers.. It should be balanced considering theres other races that could use multiple godpowers or reduce it to one overall. What about bolt? A one time thing? Compared to a multiple used vortex, or valor and so on? Not to mention their god powers are incredibly powerful.. Implode? That brings your whole army to low health, destroys most buildings, unless you can get your army out of its reach, which is hard.
Bolt is an archaic power. Going through the Atlantean god powers, let's see if they are really OP or not.

1. Gaia's Forest : Can't say that the four uses are that OP. It is just a forest that may be burnt, etc.
2. Deconstruction : This is one of the few that may be considered OP just because it removes a building with incredible ease, and can cause tremendous difficulty.
3. Shockwave : It isn't super OP, but in an even battle, it does guarantee victory if you are smart about it. It's pretty good for an archaic god power, but doesn't have a ton of use until later on when the battles start.
4. Spider Lair : Long recharge and only affects a max of four units at any given time. About average.
5. Carnivora : Incredibly weak to ranged attacks, not particularly wonderful, about average.
6. Valor : A bit OP with three uses, in any case, Atty heroes are ridiculously expensive.
7. Traitor : Two uses. The unit has 75% hp. There aren't many units you could convert that would have a massive impact on the game. Perhaps on the battle, but not necessarily on the game.
8. Hesperides : Two uses. I don't find these to be OP in any way. They are essentially Isis monuments that produce dryads. The tree can also be captured, and can only produce a max of five dryads at any given time.
9. Chaos : An unpredictable, annoying god power that tends to backfire. It isn't very good.
10. Implode : One use. A fair mythic age god power. Saying that Implode is OP is like saying that earthquake is OP too.
11. Tartarian Gate : This can do a lot of damage, but again, only one use and it does go down fairly easily if you focus on it. Decent mythic GP.
12. Vortex : Three uses, a one minute recharge. This could be considered OP just because of the mobility, but only if you have a large force and the enemy has little in the way of defenses. Great for dealing with wonders, etc.

In short, only a max of three could really be considered OP, IMHO.
2. Their economy is a major boom. They dont need a drop off so their economy is naturally better than most civis until you get later game, where the other civs have all of their villies made, but cmon, you wont live that long. And from there reason 2 starts.
You can live that long. Early economy is pretty good, but it does even out. I can't exactly argue this point, it is OP in the beginning.
3. They have an incredibly strong anti-you unit to whatever you make. If you make horses, they have katapeltes, but youre saying, only idiots only make one unit, but you always have more than one of the other units. You might focus on archers and have horses in the front as meat, or focus on infantry with a few archers in back. Or even make all there, though there will be few. And they can do the very same. Katapeltes, cheiroballistas and contarious.
First of all, contarius are heroic cavalry, the only Atty cavalry, and they aren't very good. The hard counters aren't that strong. They lose to pretty much anything besides the unit they counter. Cherios don't even do a super job unless they have a good meatshield and aren't under building fire. They have very low HP. Micro can solve the problem of these apparently super counters.
4. Destroyers are the cheapest thing on earth. Their siege, yet do normal damage making them rather strong against normal units, becoming the equivalent to a normal infantry, like hoplite. The only difference is their armor is significantly stronger. Also they can become heroes (another reason why atlanteans are OP.. anyhting becoming a hero?).
They are not the cheapest thing on earth. They are meant to be siege, and considering Atty has TERRIBLE ranged siege, I think this is fair. You make the point of any human unit (except the cherio) becoming a hero. These units are very expensive, and are easily countered through micro. They aren't that difficult to deal with, provided you know where they are and what their counter is.
5. Their villagers may be created slower, but they act the equivalent of about 3 normal villagers, yet only cost 2.5x the normal amount, and when they become hero (most of the time from valor) they become incredibly better.
Their gather rate is not that of three villagers. Heroizing a citizen is extremely expensive (without valor), and it really only improves their build rate. They don't become super-OP villagers from hell or anything. They are also very easy to raid and kill, and one Atty citizen does a lot more damage then 1 Greek villie.
6. Time warp can be abused which is enough said since you can ambush the person with buildings as you attack without hurting your economy by sacrificing a villager at all.
This is only available to Kronos, and is one of his bonuses. To say that this is OP is saying that most of the other god's bonuses are OP. You can't exactly ambush with buildings either because the building doesn't appear immediately, there is plenty of time to attack it. You also have to have LOS, and for damaging buildings, it costs some resources.
7. They can make a settlement in the first age, seriously, they can make a settlement right infront of you before you can defend (what, with kataskopos or the pharaoh?) And from there you spiral down.
An Atty making an addition town center reduces their advance time to 5:30 at the earliest. You also have to consider walk time, and in order for them to put a TC right in front of you, they have to walk some distance, and then they have to be able to defend it once they advance, probably later than you.
8. Their myth units are incredibly cheap, most civis get 2 water myth units (Greek - Scylla and The Crab thing, Egyptian - Leviathan and War Turtle, Norse - Kraken and the Jormund Elever) and 0 or 1 flying (Greek - Nothing, Egyptian - Pheonix, Norse - Nidhogg) But wait, the Atlanteans get more, Man-o-War and the Nereid, both incredibly strong, man-o-war is almost a massable son of osiris on water, and nereid take apart other costly water myth units and boats, also he gets a healer on water? For Flying they get a lot more flying, stymphalian bird which is more massable than pheonix and caladria, another hard to acess healer. Heka Gigantes? Cmon! THeyre the most over powered thing on earth, they might be targeted and taken down easy, but after taking down how many with its special? 3 maybe 4? The behemoth completely shows the scarab up in siege wise.
Their classical MUs are cheaper, but also weaker. Their water MUs aren't exactly the best either. The servant is weak, and over-priced for its limited healing ability and bad attack. The nereid is a good water MU and gets a massive bonus against other water MUs. However, Hyperion is an overall bad heroic god, so this is a fair trade. The man-o-war is a MYTHIC MU, and the water is probably settled by then. Even if it isn't, I have never found this unit to be very strong. It is, in fact, quite weak. The stymph is a good heroic MU, but all civs have a way to deal with it. If you get to attacking it, it will go down fairly quickly. It is also expensive as all heck. The caladria has no attack, and is expensive. The priest, on the other hand, is fairly cheap, can heal, and does have an attack. The pharaoh can empower and is free. Maybe they can't fly, but they get the job done. Focusing fire on the caladria will bring it down, and it can't defend itself. Heka Gs are great MUs, possibly the best in the game. Their ability does not damage though, they cost five pop, and aren't cheap resource-wise either. By this time, every civ can counter them with either a good mythic hero (Greek), upgraded priests and pharaohs (Eggy), or Jarls/Hersir (Norse). If you look into some statistics, behemoths and scarabs are about even.

You probably won't be hated, but you may be flamed. I do not encourage this. If everyone would argue methodically, that would be wonderful.

[This message has been edited by Shanks13 (edited 08-18-2007 @ 09:36 PM).]

ricownage
Mortal
posted 18 August 2007 09:35 PM EDT (US)     5 / 45       
I agree with Farrel...theye're easy to play, but not all that OP. Beginners should start with them (though experts can use them too)...

They have some great strats, like Krush or dick deconstructing, and oranos is real good at raiding, but then other civs also have their strats..

[This message has been edited by ricownage (edited 08-18-2007 @ 09:37 PM).]

Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 18 August 2007 09:45 PM EDT (US)     6 / 45       
At least there isn't an Atty god with the god power deconstruct, the tech channels, and the bonuses timeshift, TC LOS, cheaper MUs, and faster military units.

ShadowSeeker_123
Mortal
posted 18 August 2007 10:59 PM EDT (US)     7 / 45       
You do bring up many good counter arguements to the atties, but, destroyers are always the things that end the game. Sure, their ranged siege sucks, but destroyers more than do the job, they become heroes and take out anything in their way, you cant argue their defense is more than enough, while theyre attacking they use 3 hero civilians to make mirror towers and time warp palaces if needed, then from there, more destroyers. The thing i hate most is destroyers. Also cheiros destroy most thing, hoplites fall SO fast to cheiros, especially in the second age. Also, advancing at 5:30 for a person isnt that late, and having a town centre should be easy to defend since when they advance at 5:30 (about 5:45 with walk time) they should be able to defend.

And to the remark about me highlighting all their pros and none of their cons, what are their cons? I really dont see any. That if you kill one villager and you damage his economy more than any other race?

Also, hesperides is an isis monument, which first of all, i think would be something special for her, not anyone else, yet hesperides makes it and also they make dryads, which are incredibly harrassing units.

And yes, their heroed citizens may only build faster, but with their hero villies, they can make a titan really fast, and defend it.

And to the multiple usage of godpowers, either way you look at it, their godpowers may not be THAT good, but they still can be used more than once, and look at other gods of the civs, they dont get their godpowers more than once, and they arent that great. Look at bolt? Using it once? It could be abused on a titan, but if you use it once, then the cooldown will be back when either the titan killsy ou or its dead. The Great Hunt of odin isnt too impressive at once, and it is almost the equivalent of gaia's forest? And dwarvens mine.. that one could be used one more time.. I jsut say, if you let atlanteans use their godpowers more than ocne, make the greeks and the eggies, and the norse more than once too, since some of their godpowers suck for being used just once.
And shockwave can in fact be used strategically, which some used overpowered since it can be used more than once; on the building of an important building (A close to your base fortress, a town cnetre, a titan gate, wonder, whatever) it stalls 80% of your villagers for how long? And then you can use it on the frontlines of a persons army, making a hole in it right to their archers. I just hate most of their godpowers, considering you see it happened more than once.

The cheiros are in fact strong, they shower your army with arrows if you only have 4-5 cheiros, and with some meat, they can take out the frontlines, and if you can be microing 6 units at once, then you can win, but you will most likely fall.

And the last thing I forgot to mention is that the egyptians were meant to be the defensive civilization in the game, from the looks of their trees, theyre the only ones to get ballista and citadel. Yet the atlantians get the weird wall (Orichalkos?) which i dont know if its the equivalent or not, but its still the fourth tier of the wall, which can be used to many other combinations with what they have (Titan gate which ive mentioned, a secure wall for their base etc). Whichever way a wall was meant to be used, it can, to the same if not close to, equivalent of the egyptians.

I just think they should incredibly nerf the atlanitna so theyre the equivalent to the other races. Because when you say "Theyre for the new people because theyre easy" its because you know theyre overpowered / close to it, because when a new person makes a small army, they can take out a lot, and their villagers are a lot better. The easier they are to use, the more overpowered they are to the other civilizations. I cant think of any other examples like this at the moment, though theyre on the tip of my tongue, then again, it is getting late.

[This message has been edited by ShadowSeeker_123 (edited 08-18-2007 @ 11:01 PM).]

yoma
Banned
posted 18 August 2007 11:13 PM EDT (US)     8 / 45       
I agree, 4:30 advance with a 21 vill economy, WTF?
Yeah, THE WTF atty uber counters are great.
wow sad, one time i played shanks, and he went to take a new tc (near him) with one citizen. I just sent 2 vills and a pharoah, and damaged his citzen, and made him retreat and delete that tc in progress.

Atty have an extreme weakness to MUs. They only have 9 free heroes. WTF? Just whenever he uses valor, kill the heroes. Get them out of battle ASAP.

As eggy to counter them: priests, siege, MU, Slings, axe
As zeus or possy: cent raid
as atty: MICRO! MICRO! MICRO!
odin or thor: spam valks and take out cherio.

edit: Yeah, Atty's Are Great early game, but lose late game. That is why they often try to end the game with titans @ ~20 minutes.

[This message has been edited by Yoma (edited 08-18-2007 @ 11:15 PM).]

ShadowSeeker_123
Mortal
posted 18 August 2007 11:26 PM EDT (US)     9 / 45       
I wasnt sure if you were being sarcastic or not in the beginning, but ok lol.

Yes, that is the only way to win, get late, late game so you can win, but atlanteans usually win early, mid, and early late game. And also, when the atlanteans (that ive faced at least, and since everyone knows theyre so "easy" to use, (get the quotations? :\) everyone goes them) as soon as they see big myth units come, 2-3 cyclops, a nemean, centaurs, sphinxs, whatever it is, just if you make more than 2 of the myth units, they click their army, click the hero and make as many of their units into heroes as possible. Its not like when valor is done, so is their hero count. They just make them into heroes according to if they need heroes for your MU. I see where youre coming from, the myth units win against them, but if (I'm a zeus player most of the time and mass centaurs like no tomorrow, for raids which i attempt to kill villagers with, but hero turmas, ungh) I make manticores or hydras, I switch gods depending on where the game is headed, they just mass murmillos into heroes and take out hydras, or arcus' into heroes for manticores/centaurs.. Which is kind of annoying. I dont beat atlanteans with MU, i beat them with god pwoers, which is kind of sad considering that means i cant beat them with strategy and military...
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 19 August 2007 00:34 AM EDT (US)     10 / 45       
Every Atlantean hero has a (hard) counter. You bring up great hunt, but being able to use it more than once would be incredibly OP. Think about it. A herd of deer, let's say about 6. Great hunt, now you have 9. You could either eat them or repeat the process. Assuming the cooldown is about 2 minutes, it would take 6 minutes to end up with a herd of deer at least 15 strong, and maybe more.

pcgamer7070
Mortal
posted 19 August 2007 00:37 AM EDT (US)     11 / 45       
here is a good sugestion for you: snap your titans disk in half and go play regular aom so you wont have to deal with atty players u stupid noob. y dont u stfu. and i dont know y u call time shifting time warping. i doubt u could get 1650 with any atty god. also you complain about cheap myth units however their myth units are also weaker.

btw im an oranos player but i could beat u with other gods. dont say that atty players dont know how 2 play the game when you probably cant even get 1650 with oranos.
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 19 August 2007 00:59 AM EDT (US)     12 / 45       
Check your e-mail pcgamer7070.

BlackSun88
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 01:17 AM EDT (US)     13 / 45       
shanks, did you ban? That's kind of pushing it don't you think?
yoma
Banned
posted 19 August 2007 02:26 AM EDT (US)     14 / 45       
he did not ban, or you would see a Pcgamer7070 and a banned under it. He simply got a warning for flaming.
pcgamer7070
Mortal
posted 19 August 2007 02:36 AM EDT (US)     15 / 45       
yep im still an ager
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 19 August 2007 03:21 AM EDT (US)     16 / 45       
Back on topic please.

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 19 August 2007 07:43 AM EDT (US)     17 / 45       
I didn't read it, but Atty are a cheap civ. They are easy to play and overpowered. Cheap, Cheap civ. Hate them
Kleinduimpje1
Mortal
posted 19 August 2007 12:21 PM EDT (US)     18 / 45       
you can garison villies in houses when they get raided (this is kinda OP), but atty army has a lack of speed in classical, just like eggies. oranos has a speed bonus, making his army competable with most other gods when it comes down to speed.
ShadowSeeker_123
Mortal
posted 19 August 2007 10:58 PM EDT (US)     19 / 45       
to the flamer who wanted to offend me, but didnt, lol, the only thing i can say to you is my eyes hurt from that typing.. lol..

And the units do move slower, but they are still fast enough to be a giant threat, an army of murmillos with the odd hero (valor) in the seond age is an incredible threat to anyone. Theyre an incredibly annoying race and i see more and more atlanteans every day, and most of them suck, but the odd smurfs just completely take out the new people..
ardica
Mortal
posted 19 August 2007 11:29 PM EDT (US)     20 / 45       
lol dont hate on the atties all the races r annoying or ''OP'' so its watever but i think vortex shouldnt be able to be used sooo many times its ridiculous
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 20 August 2007 00:06 AM EDT (US)     21 / 45       
They're beatable. Anyways, I have an Atty question.

If you are playing Oranos, wouldn't you want to go 4:30 when ever it is possible? I know some people say 4:00 for rushes, but the only rush I can think of that would come that quickly would be a Krush. Why not get the extra economic power?

WNxHellsRavage
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 00:11 AM EDT (US)     22 / 45       
TBH, atlanetean is only OP until 1750, after that they arent that good, because most good players can beat them with difficult strategies that 1750- cant do effectively.

And pcgamer, your a hyprocrite saying he cant get 1650 with atty ^^
pcgamer7070
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 00:16 AM EDT (US)     23 / 45       
shadowseeker ill play you 1 vs 1 as a non atty got and i will pwn you. seriously if you dont like attys just play original aom or stop whining and figure out a way to defeat attys.

my account is Aoth_pcgamer and ill take you on any time

and ravage i am 1650 with oranos on my darkman440 account.

[This message has been edited by pcgamer7070 (edited 08-20-2007 @ 00:18 AM).]

Holy Diver
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 04:58 AM EDT (US)     24 / 45       
I must say, Atlantean heroes are nowhere near as trong as other heroes. Zeus has immense heroes. I believe it's possible for Bellerophon to get something like 32 attack.

"Well blow my Gjallarhornid! It's Skeggi Battlehands!"
VB_WhiplashJC
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 07:08 AM EDT (US)     25 / 45       
If you are playing Oranos, wouldn't you want to go 4:30 when ever it is possible? I know some people say 4:00 for rushes, but the only rush I can think of that would come that quickly would be a Krush. Why not get the extra economic power?
its the basic strat, sure, but there are a few cases where you wouldnt want to.

vs norse, esp loki hersir/thor ulfs, if he rushes you, going up at 5mins or quicker, your screwed unless your micro is great (turma control) and you'll prolly need back gold.

better to find his fw base and be attacking it a min before he ages up. you can even stop him building. quickest win in the game is to stop a norse player building rax/houses.

for this go 4:00 up. its like a krush but you dont stop your tc, instead you hit 5 wood, make your manor and temple and age up at 3mins. really try hard to find his temple.

another time i dont go 430 is vs eggy (i go a 2tc boom), since you need to be out econing him to withstand his units and gps, and since hes prolly gonna give you a free 7-9 mins, why not? boom, get map control and a decent army up. make him fight for evey gold pile. it's YOUR gold, he doesnt deserve it.

if you go 430 or 400 vs eggy in my experience you're just running into tower fire, wasting units.

www.vbclan.net - Aussie/Kiwi AoT and AoE3 clan
maggioli
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 04:59 PM EDT (US)     26 / 45       
"another time i dont go 430 is vs eggy (i go a 2tc boom), since you need to be out econing him to withstand his units and gps, and since hes prolly gonna give you a free 7-9 mins, why not? boom, get map control and a decent army up. make him fight for evey gold pile. it's YOUR gold, he doesnt deserve it."

Actually, though very rarely, I have seen eggy (Isis) go Anubis when they thought the Atty (Gaia) was going to do the 2 TC boom, rush them by going up by 4:30 themselves and sending Anubite, Pharaoh, priest and most villies to attack the second town center. Then cast serpents (rememebr you went anubis) to help against millitary, while your villagers attack his town center and your pharao harrasses his villager(s) with a 14 pierce damage (classical). Needless to say a risky strat but it worked on both games I saw this happen, expert level.
thepinkguy
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 05:20 PM EDT (US)     27 / 45       
atty are really cheap, imo u shouldnt be allowed to use it if ur rr is over 1600 in rated matches. The Kronos 3:00 adv rush is the gayiest thing in exsistance. And PcGamer i got to 1650 with oranos but cant get passed 1600 with greek or norse, also all the people you fought on your darkman440 account quit.

ONLY REAL MEN CAN WEAR PINK!
I AM CANADIAN!

[This message has been edited by thepinkguy (edited 08-20-2007 @ 05:30 PM).]

Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 20 August 2007 06:59 PM EDT (US)     28 / 45       
How is it that Atty is cheap? I suppose Isis is cheap and shouldn't be allowed at all then? Every strategy has a counter, figure it out and practice. The Krush isn't too terribly bad, if you know it is coming, advance early and repel it.

Greeks can do a fast centaur classical and have their hero attack the oracles/turma while the centaurs pick of the prommies, then move to turma.

Norse can up fast and make a bunch of ulfs and hersir to repel the attack.

Atty can just do the same thing pretty much.

Krushing Eggy can lead to a loss if you don't know what you are doing.

pcgamer7070
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 07:49 PM EDT (US)     29 / 45       
they quit because they lost and knew that they couldnt win.

if you look at the game times all three of the games had lasted above 7 minutes because i beat them quickly.

[This message has been edited by pcgamer7070 (edited 08-20-2007 @ 07:53 PM).]

a_game_a_win
Mortal
posted 20 August 2007 09:34 PM EDT (US)     30 / 45       
I think I hate attys so much (no offence to anyone, they are a good starting civ etc.) is I use to play greeks and got decent with them, but vsing attys was so rediculus I eventually just gave up even trying and just started to villy rush them.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames