After a bit of deliberation on my part, I am proud to introduce a new idea to the General, Strategy, and DM Discussions forum. Similar to the member of the month, each month, around the 25th, I will look around the forum and see if there is a nice guide to something around. The strategy guides that are written will be placed in a new stickied thread as a modern counterpart to the thread that FD2 made.
Hopefully, this will give all of you a chance to try your hand at getting your ideas out on paper, and you will likely become a better writer through all this. I would like to amass some more current game-guides, and it wouldn't hurt to have some discussions about this kind of thing here.
These are some of the things that will be looked for when selecting guide of the month:
* The use of proper spelling and grammar
* An organized guide, the flow of thoughts should be easy to follow
* Appropriate language and use of examples -- We don't want to offend anyone
* Appropriate use and documentation of any tests that you may have done, sometimes these are necessary, other times not
* Appropriate use of BB Code (If you don't know what this is or want some help with it, e-mail me or check this link:
* Be able to back up what you say and post such information in the guide when necessary
* Consider editing your guide if the need for a change is pointed out
* There will be no rating requirement or anything of that sort, but please know what you are talking about and have something unique/interesting to say
* Put some time into it, I can make a guide in an hour, but it wouldn't be very good
* Make guides pertinent to Age of Mythology and its expansion pack, that means no guides on how to pick your nose...
--May add more later as time goes on
When a guide is written and posted, it will be greeted with respect. There will be no flaming or insults, constructive criticisms and praise are about all that I will allow. This is not going to turn into a 'bash so and so for this or that' kind of thing. If a guide thread is made to be a spam item or something similar, please ignore it and allow me or another mod to take care of it. If you have anything you feel you need to speak about but don't want to offend anyone, e-mail me.
I hope that his works out well, and if some guides pop up I would like to pick a guide for this month to start things off. I would ask that you put some effort into it, but don't kill yourself over it. Remember, don't start turning out guides like a machine, take your time and make each guide unique. Pace yourself, my advice is to do about one guide a month, there is little need to put all your waking effort into making guides, I want this to be an enjoyable experience.
This is an addition to the thread created by Filmdirector 2, and it has been created in an attempt to collect a set of more current guides. I hope you all find some use for the guides here, if you have any comments or feel that I have left something out, please e-mail me so that the matter can be resolved as quickly as possible. Without further ado, I present the Strategy Guide Library:
DragonQ's Shifting Sands and Villager Rush Guide DeathAndPain's Thor vs Isis Squeoo's Guide to the Cheiroballista Ironclaw's Guide to Choosing Your God IAmJudge's Guide to Centaurs Endless Rain's Ra Godpath and Discussion Thread sdw12umdjc's Hades Guide i r n00b's AoT Analysis
- Shifting Sands
[This message has been edited by Shanks13 (edited 05-01-2008 @ 04:41 PM).]