You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.71 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Strategy Guide Library
Bottom
Topic Subject:Strategy Guide Library
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 23 September 2007 03:44 AM EDT (US)         
Intro

After a bit of deliberation on my part, I am proud to introduce a new idea to the General, Strategy, and DM Discussions forum. Similar to the member of the month, each month, around the 25th, I will look around the forum and see if there is a nice guide to something around. The strategy guides that are written will be placed in a new stickied thread as a modern counterpart to the thread that FD2 made.

Hopefully, this will give all of you a chance to try your hand at getting your ideas out on paper, and you will likely become a better writer through all this. I would like to amass some more current game-guides, and it wouldn't hurt to have some discussions about this kind of thing here.

What is a good guide?

These are some of the things that will be looked for when selecting guide of the month:

* The use of proper spelling and grammar

* An organized guide, the flow of thoughts should be easy to follow

* Appropriate language and use of examples -- We don't want to offend anyone

* Appropriate use and documentation of any tests that you may have done, sometimes these are necessary, other times not

* Appropriate use of BB Code (If you don't know what this is or want some help with it, e-mail me or check this link: Heaven Games
* Be able to back up what you say and post such information in the guide when necessary

* Consider editing your guide if the need for a change is pointed out

* There will be no rating requirement or anything of that sort, but please know what you are talking about and have something unique/interesting to say

* Put some time into it, I can make a guide in an hour, but it wouldn't be very good

* Make guides pertinent to Age of Mythology and its expansion pack, that means no guides on how to pick your nose...

* Effectively describe your strategy.

--May add more later as time goes on

Reactions to Guides

When a guide is written and posted, it will be greeted with respect. There will be no flaming or insults, constructive criticisms and praise are about all that I will allow. This is not going to turn into a 'bash so and so for this or that' kind of thing. If a guide thread is made to be a spam item or something similar, please ignore it and allow me or another mod to take care of it. If you have anything you feel you need to speak about but don't want to offend anyone, e-mail me.

Closing

I hope that his works out well, and if some guides pop up I would like to pick a guide for this month to start things off. I would ask that you put some effort into it, but don't kill yourself over it. Remember, don't start turning out guides like a machine, take your time and make each guide unique. Pace yourself, my advice is to do about one guide a month, there is little need to put all your waking effort into making guides, I want this to be an enjoyable experience.

--Shanks13

------------------------------------------------

Strategy Guide Library

This is an addition to the thread created by Filmdirector 2, and it has been created in an attempt to collect a set of more current guides. I hope you all find some use for the guides here, if you have any comments or feel that I have left something out, please e-mail me so that the matter can be resolved as quickly as possible. Without further ado, I present the Strategy Guide Library:

First Set of Strategy Guides, created by Theris 264, reposted by FD2:

Guides of the Month

Guides to Major Gods & Civilizations

Guides to Human Units, Ships, Heroes, and Siege Units

Guides to Mythological Units, Titans, and Shades

Guides to God Powers
  • Shifting Sands (1)

Guides to Buildings

Guides to Multiplayer Maps

Miscellaneous Guides

[This message has been edited by Shanks13 (edited 05-01-2008 @ 04:41 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 10 March 2008 04:39 PM EDT (US)     61 / 71       
I'm glad you reminded me, I need to add the Guide of the Month!

And yes, I tend to update this thread once a month around the twenty-fifth, coinciding with GotM.

Dope
Mortal
posted 08 April 2008 02:09 PM EDT (US)     62 / 71       
What kind of guide should this be. A guide on how to work in editor and stuff or a guide on how to become a better player explaining units, buildings, bonuses and such.

The Ultimate Creator Of Age Of Heroes:
~o~ Age Of Heroes ~o~ Arkantos ~o~ Ajax ~o~
~o~Age Of Heroes II~o~~ Odyssues ~o~ Reginleif
=II= Imagination =II= The Assassins =II=
=II= Hypo Hype 2 - Animalz With Clawz =II=
''Age Of Heroes II is coming soon''
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 09 April 2008 08:44 PM EDT (US)     63 / 71       
Strategy guides and gameplay stuff is what we have here. Editor stuff goes in scen design and modding.

Jacqui Coyness
Mortal
(id: Jackpb)
posted 24 May 2008 01:31 PM EDT (US)     64 / 71       
hmm. I was thinking about making a guide...

Obviously not entirely serious as I'm a noob...

Guide to pig scouting?

"First, Jackpb isn't in the game. (Check the list of players in the main post). Thus, Night Actions targetting him/her will never come to fruition.", Dragon Lance Mafia.
EmilyxX
Banned
posted 31 May 2008 09:22 AM EDT (US)     65 / 71       
Message removed. - Yeebaagooon

[This message has been edited by Yeebaagooon (edited 05-31-2008 @ 10:42 AM).]

guitar2234
Mortal
posted 07 December 2008 08:12 PM EDT (US)     66 / 71       
Quote from First Set of Strategy Guides
Do not answer questions when you are not completely sure about the answer, and only give strategical tips when you are a decent ESO player (rating well over 1700)
I think this rule has been disregarded for far too long.

[This message has been edited by guitar2234 (edited 12-07-2008 @ 10:23 PM).]

tools956
Mortal
posted 02 June 2009 10:28 PM EDT (US)     67 / 71       
Major_Rackham
Banned
posted 09 June 2009 03:42 PM EDT (US)     68 / 71       
I hope you're kidding...that guide is terrible. First of all, this section is kind of out of date so it doesn't matter. Second of all, most of us here would only like guides that would actually be helpful to the community stickied in this thread. Lastly, this was not written by an experienced player at all, but an annoying forumer who I doubt has any clue how to properly play Set.

The only even decent Set guide that was ever posted on this site afaik is FerraL's.
Necrophyte
Mortal
posted 11 September 2009 01:10 PM EDT (US)     69 / 71       
are you still looking for guides on the 25th?

[This message has been edited by Necrophyte (edited 09-11-2009 @ 01:12 PM).]

potatopac
Mortal
posted 05 October 2010 02:34 PM EDT (US)     70 / 71       
Hey,everyone has been thinking that in AOM it tells you how much damage a unit does per second.Well It's not true, take petsuchos for example,it says that it does 55 damage per second and it attacks every 3 secs.
that would mean that it would do 165 damages every time it attacks.yeah right.
it actully does 18 damage per second.
thanx ChimeraArtemis for pointing that out
AaronTurk
Mortal
posted 21 August 2014 06:53 AM EDT (US)     71 / 71       
Hate to be this kind of person but could some one help me.

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,29519,,20

thank you.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames