You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.42 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » New Info found!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Info found!!!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 03:59 PM EDT (US)         
First off, gotta thank Taipanicos for pointing this out to me, Cheers!

Quoted from Taipainicos:

According to the German GameStar Magazine ES has changed the way god powers work: for each age you advance you get one (1) god power (i.e. only one charge). When you use it, its gone! To balance this, you don't need any heroes to "cast" them, just one of your units has to see the target.
Heroes are now simply warriors with a bonus against MU. Greeks only have a few powerful of them (3-4), Norse can mass produce a weaker variant while Egyptians have none. Instead they're the only civ with priests which can convert enemy units.

Reference: http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/aomtitel.htm

"ARGH! its German, I can't read German"

So, naturally, like any loving AoM fan, I stuck this one into Bablefish! (That’s altavista’s translation program if your wondering ). Here's what I came up with.

------------------------------------------

There are now 4 ages, not 3 like originally planned.

There are (roughly) 30 mythological creatures.

The "Great Hunt" god power, not only doubles animal stocks, but also things such as crocodiles!

Want to let your army invade inconspicuously? Then get rid of daylight! . I'm not sure the exact name of the God Power, but Bablefish says: "One minute long it becomes night in the play world including reduced building range of vision"

The Godpower "tornado" will swallow trees, take buildings with it, and whirl units in disorder .

The Greeks will have the largest selection of heroes to produce.

Modification: You don't need heroes any longer in order to increase "powerful god forces".

There will now be 36 God Powers [From Real]

The Phoenix will now burst into flames while attacking (flying petard?)From Real]

New Godpower, "Armistice" : If your hit by a surprise attack in Multiplayer. All fighting in the play world is stopped for one minute - allowing some breathing space, to produce a few quick units, or ask an ally for assistance

Bablefish didn't translate these ones too well, Any ideas anyone?

" If you possess enough resources and buildings for a branch in the next age, the agony of the God selection follows. Depending upon erkorenem member of the Olymp staff are available other creatures, hero and God forces. Lead designer Ian Fischer, who already cooperated in Age OF Empires 2: " you must decide and select the God, to that at the earliest your play style correspond. "

(This ones a god power) "Not to underestimate is also the tunnel, which interconnects two any positions. Prima for fixed feed from point A after B, but the practical passage can be destroyed by the enemy."

Oh - and did I mention all the NEW SCREENIES? . Whispers are taken straight from the site

A group of camel riders strengthens the Egyptian troop marching-up.

Mad 3D-Terrain: In the foreground the Egyptians are industriously busy with structure of settlement and gold . The Greek neighbours already structured a stately army and to dare itself up to them.

Ensemble's new 3D engine lets you change day and night as well as the weather. Here greeks and norse fight each other.

Much more beautfil than Empire Earth: The intermediate sequences

......Lets get it on! Greeks are defending there cities with Minotaurs and Hydras. The Egyptain agressor is using Anubis's. In the foreground a Scarab looks forward ready to crack together with the Siege units.

Sorry - Couldn't get this one .

Stone_Giant

*takes a deep breath*

[This message has been edited by Stone_Giant (edited 01-16-2002 @ 02:02 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
martin
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 04:07 PM EDT (US)     1 / 42       
Adorable stuff...*sigh* I'm gonna love this game like a brother...

errhmm...ok, maybe not that bad...

Former Leader and co-Founder of the FPH Clan

Now I just troll boards. ^_^

The Ztolk
Mortal
(id: Ztolk)
posted 14 January 2002 04:11 PM EDT (US)     2 / 42       
SWEET!!!
That Hercules looks awesome.

Ztolk
Stronghold Heaven Cherub
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 04:16 PM EDT (US)     3 / 42       
cool2!!!!

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
Imperialarc
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 04:16 PM EDT (US)     4 / 42       
Just one expression at screenshots especially....."WOW".
Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 04:20 PM EDT (US)     5 / 42       
EXCELLENT find, Stone Giant ! That was very interesting to read! Hmm...4 ages instead of 3...I guess things are still changing constantly. Well, I just hope for the best . My guess the reason for the additional 4th age would be that there will be *more* units, Myth units, technologies, and perhaps god powers as well, so they want to spread them out.

Quote:

The Godpower "tornado" will swallow trees, take buildings with it, and whirl units in disorder

Gotta love the sound of that! (And the sight of that must be spectacular ).

Nice screenshots there! My personal favorite is SS #3, because it has the panoramic (wide) view of what's happening. Plus...DAMN look at the crystal-clear water along that BEAUTIFUL coastline ! Magnificent job ES!! Keep making AOM even more beautiful!

1000101001100010 SYSTEM FAILURE001010011000101001
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 04:20 PM EDT (US)     6 / 42       
*update* Added in the whispers from the site to the screenshots

Stone_Giant

First_Timothy
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 04:31 PM EDT (US)     7 / 42       
I like that Armistice god power. The enemy gets the jump on you and you can stop ALL fighting for 1 minute. That will really frustrate some people.

»»─ First_Timothy ─> 1 Timothy 1:5 <─ The goal is love. ─««
Enrique Orduno
Banned
posted 14 January 2002 05:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 42       
So, ES took the same kind of design decision as Blizzard, heroes are not essential units that you don't want to get hurted. Now, they are stronger units only.

But, what about the eggies ?

AgeofMe
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 05:49 PM EDT (US)     9 / 42       
Wow! great find! I guess having a god power allowance is okay...Although tornado's are american only, other places may have dirt devils, water spouts(tornado over water) and other rotating stoms, but none have the destructive power of a tornado. Armistace sounds interesting, I normally focus on getting to Imperial and nomally only 5-10 military units are made before clicking "advance to imperial age" button, this god power would definately get me making units. thanks!

You know that newbie you played who insisted
on Black Forest? Who dragged you out on a 6 hour
long game without once attacking?
Hi
Proud member of the FPH clan.
Proud Winner of Dare's first funny sig award.

[This message has been edited by AgeofMe (edited 01-14-2002 @ 06:04 PM).]

pokethejohn
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 06:29 PM EDT (US)     10 / 42       
Those screens are so beautiful. I think im going to die.

Personal site- www.stellar-sky.net/immix -not active at the moment.
AOM site I help run- www.age-of-myth.com -check out the new layout.
Age site I post news for- www.aoe2.com -back up and running

Foe_Hammer
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 06:42 PM EDT (US)     11 / 42       
weird...th third screenshot has the two greek guys looking at an egyptian village with a norse ship in the water...unless it is all from the ditor to crank out a screenie..even if at least make an effort to look good..or it could be a plot twist in a scenario we see

I come from under the hill , and under the hill and over the hills my paths have led. And through the air. I am he that walks unseen. I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly.I was chosen for the lucky number.
I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them alive again from the water. I came from the end of a bag, but no bag went over me. I am the friend of bears and the guest of eagles. I am Ringwinner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider

vladimir87
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 07:04 PM EDT (US)     12 / 42       
why is life like this? it always seems to happen this way

news comes in waves

This is honestly more stuff to talk about then we have had all month

It all comes at once...you see, this post alone has answered about 20 threads worth of questions...

The ES ss series too, its been one of hte most informative yet. There have been major posts on all this stuff, and its all answered here. So i ask you,

Why, oh why could this have not happened 3 days ago!!

You see i have trouble thinking when there is so much stuff .... My brain cannot handle all this new info lol...

Well, off the back, let me tell you what I can think clearly about *gulp*

Ah, 4 ages. This is some of the best news I have gotten ever. You cannot believe how happy this makes me. This will make the games longer true, as attack will not be major in the first age, but still, three ages just seemd to fast.

Well, the answer is here. We know how the gps work now. One per age? Do not the gps have different levels though? Aren't some stronger then others? Don't you have a choice!!
Can you save gps to the last age, then smash him with four (or three)? Is favor only good for mus and their techs? Now heroes are only anti-mu attackers? There arent supposed to be many mus anyway! HE supposedly resurrects I heard, what's the point now?

I am not as keen on that suggestion, but now we know there is balance, at least, and thats important, perhaps why they did it...

*sigh* now the screenies (always beautiful landscape!)

the first one, the vill has a pot full of something. what is it? also they are quarrying up at the top i think, and the stone isnt hte usual custom grey...
i love the egyption calvary, adn theres 2 types of infantry

#2: Dont tell me this is from teh game, its just too awesome. ES you are the greatest. Anyways admire the water. The textures, they are great, the topography too!
only negative: some of the egyption buildings have little detail, just big blocks of stone lol (no offense, im sry es!)

#3- Just for a second, think about how much we dont know. When you think about it, there are probably tons of units, different archers, ect. , that we have never heard of or seen. I feel so ignorant, cuz I probably cant name 30 myth units off the top of my head. I might, but I dont think I could... anyways, nice villager building tower shot. I love the talos chopping, a horse is rearing ove rhis fallen foe. AH! Lots of little units, if only I could see clearer.

#4- this is a cut scene movie right? A game simply cant be this detailed, yea its a movie. Well, theres a nice ship hidden, Norse. The guys in the front look greek (Im prob. wrong!), and the town: egyption. What is that that... arc thing! The big, uh, cart! Too cool, I can only guess

#5- Nice Greek towers. Nice walls too. Is this what the fog of war is like, or rather, the shroud? I believe it is... Well, beuatiful everything, nice dead carcasses, and sweet hydras. Waht more could ya want!?!

Im off to see the site now, thanks oh so much SG!

-Vladimir87

vladimir87
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 07:47 AM EDT (US)     13 / 42       
It seems that the villagers are dyeing inthe last screenie. Is the locus storm doing that as well? They arent turned to stone, and I do not see anything else attacking them...
Elite War Master
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 08:28 AM EDT (US)     14 / 42       
The games sounds amazing!! I want it now!!
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 15 January 2002 10:57 AM EDT (US)     15 / 42       
those hippo's look awfully purple

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
Real
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 11:28 AM EDT (US)     16 / 42       
Wow, it's so cool, and I understood everything of the article!

Dunno if you mentioned it, but if not: There'll be 36 GPs!

Where's paradise?...............AoM is....In war there're only loosers!
Paradise is in your heart - ..gonna come! Love is the soul's blood!
open your heart and you'll be in paradise!..There's no uncertainty, there's only hope!
What's the difference between a raven?...What's yellow and hangs in a tree?
Nothing...its legs are both equal, all about the right one!...=> A blue couch!
Real may say he leaves...but be sure, he'll come back!
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 02:07 PM EDT (US)     17 / 42       
Thanks Real I'll add that one in

Stone_Giant

Pant3r
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 02:44 PM EDT (US)     18 / 42       
"New Godpower, "Armistice" : If your hit by a surprise attack in Multiplayer. All fighting in the play world is stopped for one minute - allowing some breathing space, to produce a few quick units, or ask an ally for assistance"

Can someone explain me how the fighting stop. All the units cannot move or cannot attack?

Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 02:47 PM EDT (US)     19 / 42       
Hmmmm, I guess they could lock everyones stance to ally.

Stone_Giant

Pant3r
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 02:51 PM EDT (US)     20 / 42       
So, what can you do if the enemy enters in your base and the ally stance unlock?

[This message has been edited by Pant3r (edited 01-15-2002 @ 02:52 PM).]

Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 03:05 PM EDT (US)     21 / 42       
Well, what can you do if the enemy enters your in the first place? It just gives you some breathing space for those surprise attacks.

Stone_Giant

vladimir87
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 03:11 PM EDT (US)     22 / 42       
Hey, why would one waste one's gp, the only one you get that age, to just stop time for a minute. Why not just send down the meteors?

Also SG, if it turned the diplomacy to allies, then this could be deadly. Use it on yourself, and allow your men to inflitrate his gates, ineffective due to ciplomacy. Go right to his TC and assmeple the minoaurs, station those calvary near his vills. Do whatever you want for a whole minute, prepare to slay his whole econ in a few seconds...

I say the units just top and dont move..

Pant3r
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 03:14 PM EDT (US)     23 / 42       
"Also SG, if it turned the diplomacy to allies, then this could be deadly. Use it on yourself, and allow your men to inflitrate his gates, ineffective due to ciplomacy. Go right to his TC and assmeple the minoaurs, station those calvary near his vills. Do whatever you want for a whole minute, prepare to slay his whole econ in a few seconds..."

i meaned this

Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 03:42 PM EDT (US)     24 / 42       

Quoted from vladimir87:

Use it on yourself, and allow your men to inflitrate his gates, ineffective due to ciplomacy

Have you heard of the LOCK button?

Quoted from vladimir87:

Go right to his TC and assmeple the minoaurs, station those calvary near his vills

While your doing that, I'll be bringing round Mr. Cyclops to those minotaurs, and garrisoning my villies

Stone_Giant

IV1066
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 05:17 PM EDT (US)     25 / 42       
You know, it's possible that the gp would just make it impossible for units to attack, and not make everyone allies... It'd be beyond stupid to make it so that the enemy could walk through the gates.
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 08:38 PM EDT (US)     26 / 42       
Solid SG. U da man! AoM looking better and better everyday.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

rEarranged
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 08:47 PM EDT (US)     27 / 42       
Agreed.
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 15 January 2002 09:10 PM EDT (US)     28 / 42       
*looks at rEarranged's profile. Thinks, checks calendar.*

Looks like AE is back early!

God Bless America.

I am the state.

Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 16 January 2002 01:49 PM EDT (US)     29 / 42       
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 16 January 2002 01:54 PM EDT (US)     30 / 42       

every time i see the title of this thread i keep thinking "Hey zen un-deleted the thread we made" and than i go in and see thats its this one

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames