You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.42 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » New Info found!!!
Bottom
Topic Subject:New Info found!!!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 14 January 2002 03:59 PM EDT (US)         
First off, gotta thank Taipanicos for pointing this out to me, Cheers!

Quoted from Taipainicos:

According to the German GameStar Magazine ES has changed the way god powers work: for each age you advance you get one (1) god power (i.e. only one charge). When you use it, its gone! To balance this, you don't need any heroes to "cast" them, just one of your units has to see the target.
Heroes are now simply warriors with a bonus against MU. Greeks only have a few powerful of them (3-4), Norse can mass produce a weaker variant while Egyptians have none. Instead they're the only civ with priests which can convert enemy units.

Reference: http://www.gamestar.de/magazin/aomtitel.htm

"ARGH! its German, I can't read German"

So, naturally, like any loving AoM fan, I stuck this one into Bablefish! (Thatís altavistaís translation program if your wondering ). Here's what I came up with.

------------------------------------------

There are now 4 ages, not 3 like originally planned.

There are (roughly) 30 mythological creatures.

The "Great Hunt" god power, not only doubles animal stocks, but also things such as crocodiles!

Want to let your army invade inconspicuously? Then get rid of daylight! . I'm not sure the exact name of the God Power, but Bablefish says: "One minute long it becomes night in the play world including reduced building range of vision"

The Godpower "tornado" will swallow trees, take buildings with it, and whirl units in disorder .

The Greeks will have the largest selection of heroes to produce.

Modification: You don't need heroes any longer in order to increase "powerful god forces".

There will now be 36 God Powers [From Real]

The Phoenix will now burst into flames while attacking (flying petard?)From Real]

New Godpower, "Armistice" : If your hit by a surprise attack in Multiplayer. All fighting in the play world is stopped for one minute - allowing some breathing space, to produce a few quick units, or ask an ally for assistance

Bablefish didn't translate these ones too well, Any ideas anyone?

" If you possess enough resources and buildings for a branch in the next age, the agony of the God selection follows. Depending upon erkorenem member of the Olymp staff are available other creatures, hero and God forces. Lead designer Ian Fischer, who already cooperated in Age OF Empires 2: " you must decide and select the God, to that at the earliest your play style correspond. "

(This ones a god power) "Not to underestimate is also the tunnel, which interconnects two any positions. Prima for fixed feed from point A after B, but the practical passage can be destroyed by the enemy."

Oh - and did I mention all the NEW SCREENIES? . Whispers are taken straight from the site

A group of camel riders strengthens the Egyptian troop marching-up.

Mad 3D-Terrain: In the foreground the Egyptians are industriously busy with structure of settlement and gold . The Greek neighbours already structured a stately army and to dare itself up to them.

Ensemble's new 3D engine lets you change day and night as well as the weather. Here greeks and norse fight each other.

Much more beautfil than Empire Earth: The intermediate sequences

......Lets get it on! Greeks are defending there cities with Minotaurs and Hydras. The Egyptain agressor is using Anubis's. In the foreground a Scarab looks forward ready to crack together with the Siege units.

Sorry - Couldn't get this one .

Stone_Giant

*takes a deep breath*

[This message has been edited by Stone_Giant (edited 01-16-2002 @ 02:02 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Stone_Giant
Mortal
posted 16 January 2002 05:12 PM EDT (US)     31 / 42       
Shhhhh....there not supposed to know about that

Stone_Giant

LongSiege
Mortal
posted 16 January 2002 05:15 PM EDT (US)     32 / 42       
great new info and great screens Stone_Giant!

http://aom.rtsgamer.com
AoM VIP Alpha Tester
vladimir87
Mortal
posted 17 January 2002 02:09 PM EDT (US)     33 / 42       
quote- ever heard of the LOCK button? endquote SG

well yes, but you might not have time to click it before I rush my standing by calvary through... Ah, I know what your going to say! There is an initialization stage where you can lock the gates... Well in that case... uh... uh... fine your right :P

quote-While your surrounding my TC i will be bringing my cyclopes over and garrisoning my vills... endquote SG

And while your doing that, I am assembling my seige towers around so that my troops are ready to cut you down... heh, I will bring medusas! The point is i get free access to your base... That's what I am trying to say...

teutonicknight
Mortal
posted 17 January 2002 07:58 PM EDT (US)     34 / 42       

Quote:

Sorry - Couldn't get this one .

I looked it up at freetranslations.com.
It means: "Much prettier than an Empire Earth: the Zwischensequenzen.." No idea what "Zwischensequenzen" means though...

Copyright © 2000-2002 teutonicknight LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Matei
Mortal
posted 17 January 2002 08:17 PM EDT (US)     35 / 42       
Sounds like ____ sequences to me. Probably the cinematics.

Programmer on 0 A.D., author of Norse Wars, co-author of Fort Wars.
teutonicknight
Mortal
posted 17 January 2002 08:21 PM EDT (US)     36 / 42       
*Slaps my self in the head*
Mess up my sig in my last post.....

Copyright © 2000-2002 teutonicknight LLC. All Rights Reserved.
Foe_Hammer
Mortal
posted 17 January 2002 08:21 PM EDT (US)     37 / 42       
translates to Intermediate Sequence

I come from under the hill , and under the hill and over the hills my paths have led. And through the air. I am he that walks unseen. I am the clue-finder, the web-cutter, the stinging fly.I was chosen for the lucky number.
I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them alive again from the water. I came from the end of a bag, but no bag went over me. I am the friend of bears and the guest of eagles. I am Ringwinner and Luckwearer; and I am Barrel-rider

Sir_Deraj
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 09:36 PM EDT (US)     38 / 42       
The screens shots are awesome.I have the game empire earth and you cnan zoom in with it and have decent graphics but man these graphics are so much better then EE.This is gonna be teh greatest game.

I came
I saw
I conquered
PROUD MEMBER OF THE LONELY KNIGHTS CLAN
ThorsHammer_
Mortal
posted 20 January 2002 10:16 PM EDT (US)     39 / 42       
Sweet screenies dude!

Ive said it once, and Ill say it again: I cant wait for this game!

{([FPO])}

aoe2bug
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 01:10 PM EDT (US)     40 / 42       
so, the "tunnel" GP, does that mean we're gonna have wormholes? that's be really cool!

I'll try being nicer if you'll try being smarter.
You possess a mind not merely twisted, but actually sprained.
deadlydentures
Mortal
posted 21 January 2002 06:59 PM EDT (US)     41 / 42       
all i can say is "youz gets props for that one"

Excellent find.

The opposite of love is not hate, it's indifference.
The opposite of art is not ugliness, it's indifference.
The opposite of faith is not heresy, it's indifference.
And the opposite of life is not death, it's indifference.
Chep
Mortal
posted 22 January 2002 03:17 PM EDT (US)     42 / 42       
Hey - I'm from Switzerland.

Post here the words wich you don't understand... - I'll translate them for you

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames