You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.62 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » AoMH FAQ, Guide, & Other Important Things
Bottom
Topic Subject:AoMH FAQ, Guide, & Other Important Things
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
Shanks13
Rogue Agent
posted 21 November 2007 09:57 PM EDT (US)         

Age of Mythology Heaven FAQ, Guide, and Other Important Things

Index/Outline:

I. AoMH FAQ & Guide
--A. Introduction
--B. Posting in this Thread
--C. The AoM Basics
-----1. Age of Mythology Statistics
-----2. Game Terminology and Abbreviations
-----3. Newbie Guide
-----4. Unit Questions
-----5. Gameplay Basics
--------i. General Q&A
--------ii. The Titan
--------iii. The Manual
--------iv. Game Interface

II. Strategy
--A. AoMH Strategy Section
--B. AoMH Deathmatch Arena
--C. AoMH Strategy Guide Library

III. General Multiplayer and ESO Information

IV. Recording Games
--A. Basics
--B. Utilities

V. User Enhancements
--A. General Information and Links
--B. Downloads

VI. AoM/TT Clan List

VII. ESO Names and Rates

VIII. TeamSpeak

IX. Reporting Issues to Ensemble Studios

X. When Your CD Key Doesn't Work...

[This message has been edited by Shanks13 (edited 11-22-2007 @ 09:57 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
beastyballagrayJ
Mortal
posted 13 May 2009 07:38 PM EDT (US)     31 / 62       
I can't log on because it says CD Key needs to warm up or something. How do I fix that? It says to wait a few minutes and try again but that doesn't work
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 13 May 2009 07:45 PM EDT (US)     32 / 62       
http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=12&tn=26961&f=12,,0,365&st=0#FAQ_1a

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
beastyballagrayJ
Mortal
posted 13 May 2009 07:53 PM EDT (US)     33 / 62       
I saw that but it says "the CD Key cannot currently be accessed. Try again in a few minutes" but no matter how long I wait it wont log in. it doesnt say anything about a port or lack of administrative rights.
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 14 May 2009 04:13 AM EDT (US)     34 / 62       
The error you're encountering is that your CD-key cannot be validated. Read the link again, it contains the cause and possible solutions for your problem.

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
beastyballagrayJ
Mortal
posted 17 May 2009 01:08 PM EDT (US)     35 / 62       
o sry thanks for ur help
Alo OinkAge
Mortal
posted 14 December 2009 04:34 AM EDT (US)     36 / 62       
can someone tell me how to put an avatar next to my name when i post stuff!!???? i cant figure it out

A newb or newbie; refers to the idea that someone is new to a game, concept, or idea; implying a lack of experience. Also, in some areas the word noob can mean someone is obsessed with things.
Member of Mythic Studios
Brave Sword, by Jondoom, has got to be the best, low MB map i have ever played 10/10!!
Husker
Mortal
posted 14 December 2009 02:08 PM EDT (US)     37 / 62       
You gotta scroll up to "my account", which is up top beneath the three zeus's, then click "edit profile" and scroll down to edit avatar which should take to to another website.

Not the victory but the action;
Not the goal but the game;
In the deed the glory
Alo OinkAge
Mortal
posted 14 December 2009 11:42 PM EDT (US)     38 / 62       
i know that much but the site it directs you to is confusing.
thats were im stuck

A newb or newbie; refers to the idea that someone is new to a game, concept, or idea; implying a lack of experience. Also, in some areas the word noob can mean someone is obsessed with things.
Member of Mythic Studios
Brave Sword, by Jondoom, has got to be the best, low MB map i have ever played 10/10!!
Alo OinkAge
Mortal
posted 19 January 2010 04:20 AM EDT (US)     39 / 62       
can nobody help me?

Member of Mythic Studios
Guard of Olympus
Mortal
posted 25 January 2010 02:14 PM EDT (US)     40 / 62       
Login, then press the add new image button. Just look around and you'll find it, hopefully.

~Guard of Olympus ~
Dark Times|My work (4.6)|Teaser #2
algis1992
Mortal
posted 25 January 2010 06:07 PM EDT (US)     41 / 62       
Hi,

My question is a simple one. I guess I can ask it clearly and shortly, but I have this habit of explaining/telling more than necessary. ^^
So I have begun playing aom, and after some time I discovered it useful to toggle the "one click garrison" in the options menu, like I guess most players do. This makes it possible to do all kinds of tricks easier, like saving travel time of vills by going through the tc and the possibility to save units in a battle, or villagers hunting a rhino on savanna at the beginning of the game, easily.
However this has a downside as well, if I now want to repair, empower, or even drop recourses at such a building I need to click the thing's icon with my mouse fist and than on the building. Which does cost a lot of time.
My question is thus if it is possible to do it faster, in other words: is there a hot key for empowering or repairing buildings?
And if not: is there one for garrisoning?
In other games I'm used to execute roughly 40% of my actions by keyboard. Now I find myself losing time by clicking at the objects instead, because of the lack of such knowledge about this game.
AOMxLoL
Mortal
posted 28 January 2010 04:07 PM EDT (US)     42 / 62       
Nope, I dont think there is any hotkey for repering
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 28 January 2010 04:36 PM EDT (US)     43 / 62       
You should be able to make your own.

Put these in the user.cfg file in the mygames/aom folder. You can change the key from alt-r/e but it may override another one (such as archery range).

map("alt-r","game","editMode(\"repair\")")
map("alt-e","game","editMode(\"empower\")")
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 28 January 2010 06:17 PM EDT (US)     44 / 62       
buppy
Mortal
(id: pubby8)
posted 28 January 2010 06:18 PM EDT (US)     45 / 62       
Too bad most keyboards don't allow that many keypresses :P
AOMxLoL
Mortal
posted 29 January 2010 11:23 AM EDT (US)     46 / 62       
Hi,
what is the difference between AOM TT and AOM TT expansion?
HailToTheOboe
Bitten by a radioactive ostrich
posted 29 January 2010 11:33 AM EDT (US)     47 / 62       
The word "expansion"

There is no difference: TT refers to The Titans, which is the expansion.

AoM, or AoM Vanilla refers to the original without the expansion.
AoM TT, TT, AoT, etc all refer to the titans expansion.
algis1992
Mortal
posted 29 January 2010 03:47 PM EDT (US)     48 / 62       
Thank you very much!

Where can the exact names of these be found? Like "repair", "empower", "playerResign"?

And is there a guide to this somewhere?
Veldo777
Mortal
posted 24 June 2010 01:15 PM EDT (US)     49 / 62       
Hi. What does HD mean?

Current scenarios working on:
104th SOAP, Plants vs. Zombies (paused), Sovothym RPG
Scenario guarantee: I will NEVER include foul language in my games. AoM is a T rated game, for violence. Let's keep it that way.
YouGotPooked
Mortal
posted 24 June 2010 01:25 PM EDT (US)     50 / 62       
Hunting Dogs, a tech that makes villagers hunt faster

or

Hunt Delete, where a player builds(usually an obelisk as eggy or house/wall as norse) over his opponent's hunt, deleting it. Generally considered a bug, although ES said it is meant to be that way, because it is hard to gather from a deer that is buried below a house.
Veldo777
Mortal
posted 24 June 2010 01:34 PM EDT (US)     51 / 62       
Oh ok. Now that IS cheap.

Current scenarios working on:
104th SOAP, Plants vs. Zombies (paused), Sovothym RPG
Scenario guarantee: I will NEVER include foul language in my games. AoM is a T rated game, for violence. Let's keep it that way.
Marauder1221
Mortal
posted 19 September 2010 10:57 AM EDT (US)     52 / 62       
When you are making a scenario how do you rotate things vertically? You know like Yeebaagooon when he makes j=his scenarios?

I'm the he he ha ha hilarious Entertainer and Scenario Designer of Mythic Studios:Mythic StudiosYou better laugh at my jokes...
Expert n00b to modding alert!!!
Where's the beef!?!?!?
Silly Songs with Larry The Water Buffalo Song
Ain't No Mountain High Enough!
Like Fallout 3? Join my forum!Fallout 3 New Vegas
hawkkiller23
Mortal
posted 23 October 2010 05:21 PM EDT (US)     53 / 62       
"How do I play custom random maps and scenarios?

To play a custom scenario in Single Player, place the scenario file in your Age of Mythology/scenario directory. Open the game and hit the 'Single Player' button on the main menu, then hit 'Load Scenario'. Choose the scenario you're looking for, select the difficulty and hit start."

I did that, but the AI doesn't participate in the scenario. Does the scenario have to be one I created to be able to play it?
al7bar
Mortal
posted 30 October 2010 10:39 PM EDT (US)     54 / 62       
What is the team speak port?
Alo OinkAge
Mortal
posted 14 November 2010 11:54 PM EDT (US)     55 / 62       
in your signature, how do you put a address link in short words, like people adverting their scenario's in their signature?

@Marauder1221

just go into your age of mythology startup file which is located in C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Age Of Mythology\startup
and look in the gamex.con and look for something that looks like
//map("+control-arrowleft", "moveunit", "uiYawUnitLeft")
//map("+control-arrowright", "moveunit", "uiYawUnitRight")
//map("+alt-control-arrowleft", "moveunit", "uiYawUnitLeft")
//map("+alt-control-arrowright", "moveunit", "uiYawUnitRight")
//map("+control-arrowup", "moveunit", "uiPitchUnitDown")
//map("+control-arrowdown", "moveunit", "uiPitchUnitUp")
//map("+alt-control-arrowup", "moveunit", "uiPitchUnitDown")
//map("+alt-control-arrowdown", "moveunit", "uiPitchUnitUp")

it should be about 3/4 down the page, just take the //from the it and in editor when you are positioning objects hold alt+ctrl and an arrow key. (note: for some objects it may not work, like it wouldnt work for fallen columns in mine but idk if that was just me)

@hawk
the AI has to be put in manually by doing it in editor, just go into player data and click AI next to the computer player and select default ai, which should be one of the first ones
note:make sure you select it then click open, dont double click it or it wont work.

Member of Mythic Studios

[This message has been edited by Alo OinkAge (edited 11-15-2010 @ 00:41 AM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 02 March 2012 00:22 AM EDT (US)     56 / 62       
For starting/learning a new civ should I do norse or atlantean? And what are the best gods to start with?

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
EXOLAR
Mortal
posted 11 January 2013 00:12 AM EDT (US)     57 / 62       
What is the hotkey for time shifting buildings as kronos? And do I have to implement it in myself?
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 26 March 2013 02:16 PM EDT (US)     58 / 62       
we cant use aom anymore...

http://acronyms.thefreedictionary.com/AOM

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
(id: eine_gurkensalad)
posted 28 January 2018 12:11 PM EDT (US)     59 / 62       
Has chinese economy been decreased recently ?
<effect type="Data" action="Gather" amount="0.95" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="Farm" relativity="BasePercent"><target type="ProtoUnit">AbstractVillager</target></effect> <effect type="Data" action="Gather" amount="0.95" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="Huntable" relativity="BasePercent"> <target type="ProtoUnit">AbstractVillager</target> </effect> <effect type="Data" action="Gather" amount="0.95" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="WildCrops" relativity="BasePercent"> <target type="ProtoUnit">AbstractVillager</target> </effect> <effect type="Data" action="Gather" amount="0.95" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="Herdable" relativity="BasePercent"> <target type="ProtoUnit">AbstractVillager</target> </effect> <effect type="Data" action="Gather" amount="0.95" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="Wood" relativity="BasePercent"> <target type="ProtoUnit">AbstractVillager</target> </effect> <effect type="Data" action="Gather" amount="0.95" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="Gaia Forest tree" relativity="BasePercent"> <target type="ProtoUnit">AbstractVillager</target> </effect> <effect type="Data" action="Gather" amount="0.95" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="Gold" relativity="BasePercent"> <target type="ProtoUnit">AbstractVillager</target> </effect> <effect type="Data" action="AutoGather" amount="0.95" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="Food" relativity="BasePercent"> <target type="ProtoUnit">Garden</target> </effect> <effect type="Data" action="AutoGather" amount="0.95" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="Wood" relativity="BasePercent"> <target type="ProtoUnit">Garden</target> </effect> <effect type="Data" action="AutoGather" amount="0.95" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="Gold" relativity="BasePercent"> <target type="ProtoUnit">Garden</target> </effect> <effect type="Data" action="AutoGather" amount="0.95" subtype="WorkRate" unittype="Favor" relativity="BasePercent"> <target type="ProtoUnit">Garden</target> </effect>

that's what we can see in the "age 1 chinese" tech in techtree 2,5

[This message has been edited by eine_gurkensalad (edited 01-28-2018 @ 04:15 PM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 28 January 2018 02:58 PM EDT (US)     60 / 62       
what does that mean?

Check out my YouTube
eine_Gurkensalat
Mortal
(id: eine_gurkensalad)
posted 28 January 2018 04:17 PM EDT (US)     61 / 62       
sry i forgot the [code]
I don't know how to display it correctly
Basically it says that the entire chinese economy is decreased by 5 %
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 28 January 2018 07:05 PM EDT (US)     62 / 62       
i guess but it wasn't recent

Check out my YouTube
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames