You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.134 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Why ESO is offline
Bottom
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
invent00r
Mortal
posted 12 July 2013 08:07 AM EDT (US)         
Hello,

So I decided to investigate why ESO is online. Nothing has happened to their servers, they are exactly the same as a few years ago. However, turns out the SSL certificate used to encrypt connections to ESO has expired since 10 of February of 2013. It was only a matter of time...

You can, however, ignore the error using Fiddler2, and enable the Ignore server certificates errors on the Tools | Options | HTTPS menu.

After choosing to ignore errors, the AoM proceeded the login as usual and I was officially the only one online at ESO. .
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 12 November 2013 03:51 PM EDT (US)     91 / 134       
seems like he stopped answering people a long time ago i think i was a little late

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 10 December 2013 01:27 PM EDT (US)     92 / 134       
Hey Thangbrand, you should try contacting that Ryz0n guy. He won't talk to me, I don't know if he just doesn't like me or what. I've already tried like 3-4 times, I don't think he's going to answer me.
invent00r
Mortal
posted 13 December 2013 06:30 AM EDT (US)     93 / 134       
Hey,

I wasn't scared away, just a mix of not being able to configure a server and university-busy I guess.
Anyhow, I've re-updated the modpack that redirects AoM to my server. You can download it here.
To use this, you need to first create a new account, and then you are all set. Try to schedule a meeting with more people to test the game hosting\join part.
Eventually, due to poor programming, the server will crash - I'll restart it later at some point and try to figure out what happened. Have fun.
-invent00r

[This message has been edited by invent00r (edited 12-17-2013 @ 09:48 AM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 19 December 2013 11:06 AM EDT (US)     94 / 134       
i tried using this for titans (not aom vanilla) and it didnt work. i went to go log in and it said cannot connect to eso. Is it only working for vanilla right now?

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
invent00r
Mortal
posted 20 December 2013 04:27 AM EDT (US)     95 / 134       
Nop, it should be working for both now.

Are you pasting the user.cfg file in the correct place? It sounds to me that it's not redirecting to the new server correctly. Try to rename it to localex.cfg.
-invent00r

kiaksar2142
Mortal
posted 21 December 2013 07:27 PM EDT (US)     96 / 134       
I just tested it works nice!
entered the servers (the eso replica) without any problem)
just installed your mod then created new account and was able to enter game without any problems!
hoodedwarbler12
Mortal
posted 06 January 2014 02:39 PM EDT (US)     97 / 134       
Has anyone tried finding the creators of AoM from the credits or something on Twitter or some other social network? It sort of sounds like a dumb idea, but surely they'd care slightly about the game and the happiness of its customers.

BlackLordSauron
Mortal
posted 06 January 2014 02:44 PM EDT (US)     98 / 134       
Sorry for coming late to the discussion, but what is the point of ESO if one can't even buy a legit copy of the game anymore? It would seem like ESO at this point only serves to divide an already small community that should be banding together for greater numbers?

I myself would LOVE to play on ESO. But I have a Mac now and could not for the life of me find a legit copy of TT for Mac -- (believe me, I tried). I ended up having to download a torrent -- which still appears to be the full version.

That said, it would appear that the only hope for long-term continuity in this community would be to allow ESO to die would it not? That way, all the new and/or returning players who cannot find a legit copy and code for the game could still band together with those who still have legit copies.

Am I missing something?
hoodedwarbler12
Mortal
posted 06 January 2014 03:00 PM EDT (US)     99 / 134       
It's easy to find a legitimate copy for Windows. The vast majority of AoM players just use Windows.

I think the reason this started was because the secure certificate timed out and the people who set it up are no longer in control of it. Now no one is claiming the responsibility, which is why everyone should sign the petition on change.org, so that people see that some of us still care and this should be a priority.

http://www.change.org/petitions/allow-age-of-mythology-players-back-onto-the-eso-servers

BlackLordSauron
Mortal
posted 06 January 2014 03:12 PM EDT (US)     100 / 134       
I thought even the PC legit versions were no longer being sold with "legit" keys that could create an ESO account. Is this not true, because it is what I heard.

In other words, I was told that even if I were to buy a new copy in the store for the PC, the key would work for setting on the game on my computer, but not to create an ESO account. It would be good to know if that is not true.

Best.
Hartelijk
Mortal
posted 10 January 2014 10:50 AM EDT (US)     101 / 134       
I've also tried it, it's working. But no one online though :-)
FrankZito
Mortal
posted 10 January 2014 01:45 PM EDT (US)     102 / 134       
"I thought even the PC legit versions were no longer being sold with "legit" keys that could create an ESO account. Is this not true, because it is what I heard.

In other words, I was told that even if I were to buy a new copy in the store for the PC, the key would work for setting on the game on my computer, but not to create an ESO account. It would be good to know if that is not true."

-This is exactly correct. The game is sold with a CD key, and said key does not allow account creation. I purchased a new hard copy of this game from a store about 1 year ago, which had CD-keys included. ESO will not let me create an account. There seems to be a pretty large community on Voobly however.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 11 January 2014 00:36 AM EDT (US)     103 / 134       
@alien

i havent given up on this i just ran out of ideas.

what's the next step you wanna take?

oh and write something on the petition news.

Check out my YouTube

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 01-11-2014 @ 00:39 AM).]

AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 12 January 2014 10:42 PM EDT (US)     104 / 134       
Did you ever try contacting Ryz0n Thangbrand? He won't speak with me. I don't know who else to contact, I'm too busy to look into this anymore. School and projects and stuff.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 12 January 2014 11:39 PM EDT (US)     105 / 134       
yeah, no luck. no response.

Check out my YouTube
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 13 January 2014 06:06 PM EDT (US)     106 / 134       
So what do I say on the news? I could just announce 500 (I think?) supporters, but I don't know what else to say. Any idea on who else to contact besides this A--hole?
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 13 January 2014 08:15 PM EDT (US)     107 / 134       
is there a B--hole?

but seriously i recommend we get the word out to as many people as we can about the invent00rs private eso server and the fact that all you need is fiddler to get on the real eso. maybe i could make a batch/vbc program that runs fiddler and aom at the same time and closes when aom exits. i would upload it to aomh.

Check out my YouTube
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 14 January 2014 12:27 PM EDT (US)     108 / 134       
Hey, can I be banned from invent00rs server? Because if I can I'm giving up on it now.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 14 January 2014 01:45 PM EDT (US)     109 / 134       
Finally got a hold of Ryan.

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=1,29385,,10

Well I'm bringing in the towel with this one. The original ESO is done for. The only thing we (invent00r and whoever wants to help) can work towards is the private eso server, and the fiddler option. I will make a program that can open both, and close fiddler when the user closes aom.

Then there's the task of migrating people onto a certain server, which actually might not be as difficult as it sounds, as people might be quite surprised they're able to run eso and begin to tell everyone about it. They may do most of the work for us.

Priority: Private eso server http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=10519

and telling as many people about it as we can.

Secondary: Fiddler. (And this is only if its considered the same server. Invent00r has to answer that though.)

Ideas to ditch:
The petition. Unfortunately, it's useless from here on.

The original eso ever coming back. But I do believe invent00r's is a replica of sorts. I havent seen it yet.

And these "priorities" are ONLY possible if we can somehow migrate the players from gr and voobly onto the private eso server (when and if its ready to be used).

Ideas on how to do this are welcome. I say that we make a link to that shit in BOLD right on this site, so new people that visit will see it. It could be AoMH's server sort of.

All I know is i'm not givin up if you and invent00r arent.

Check out my YouTube

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 01-17-2014 @ 01:01 AM).]

ever0n
Mortal
posted 16 January 2014 05:44 PM EDT (US)     110 / 134       
If invent00r is still around I'd love to talk to him about helping with the coding for the private ESO project.
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 18 January 2014 05:00 PM EDT (US)     111 / 134       
Thangbrand just tell me if it's possible to get banned or not. I won't play on a server that I can be banned from. Everyone knows I'd be banned in less than a day.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 18 January 2014 10:45 PM EDT (US)     112 / 134       
ill be checking soon on my newly formatted computer

did u get banned from eso? lol

Check out my YouTube

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 01-18-2014 @ 10:47 PM).]

AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 19 January 2014 03:59 PM EDT (US)     113 / 134       
No, that's why I liked ESO because there were no mods or possibilities of getting banned. God forbid I should question Israel's policies of killing Arab children in a game chat without getting banned these days. How I long for times past when I had freedom of speech.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 20 January 2014 11:10 AM EDT (US)     114 / 134       
HI IM ALIENSEXRANGER AND ELEPHANTS ASS SMELLS LIKE CAMEL DONG THAT IF YOU PUT YOUR FACE IN IT YOU WOULD THROW UP ALL OVER YOUR GRANDMAS T**IES

Actually it's more like that. (without the censor)

Check out my YouTube
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 20 January 2014 01:19 PM EDT (US)     115 / 134       
Thangbrand I am insulted that you think that's the kind of topics I associate with. I'll have you know that the things I say are meaningful and bear great importance to unbiased socio-political agendas we can all benefit from.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 20 January 2014 07:25 PM EDT (US)     116 / 134       
bro you are the absolute biggest troll i have ever met in my life.

Check out my YouTube
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 21 January 2014 02:39 PM EDT (US)     117 / 134       
This is proof that you never knew me. According to urban dictionary a troll purposely looks for arguments and attempts to disrupt people as their goal. This is never my intention, though if necessary I will argue. Instead my cause is to either inform people of truths (such as Napoleon being Italian, not French) or state my point of view (Israel is an imperialist state). Technically they are both true, but you get my point.

On the other hand if someone insults me I insult them back, usually I'm a lot more creative and/or vulgar so people take note of it and that's where the false pretense that I'm a troll comes from, but it's just about putting people in their place.

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 21 January 2014 08:37 PM EDT (US)     118 / 134       
dude ive seen you on eso and you're outta control lol

so i thought it was pretty trollish that you tried to explain in an intelligent-sounding way that you're mature in your words, meanwhile you have a history of flooding the eso chat with spam in all caps.

Check out my YouTube

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 01-21-2014 @ 08:40 PM).]

AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 22 January 2014 00:19 AM EDT (US)     119 / 134       
Well I never said I'm mature Thangbrand, but I'm not a troll. Also I write in capital letters because that's how language was meant to be written. Our alphabet was designed originally to be only capitals. Lower case is pointless and stupid, also ugly, but apparently people are offended if they see only uppercase.

"Romans wrote only in uppercase or capital letters with beautifully proportioned straight lines, curves, and angles until quite late in their history. In fact, the uncials or lower case letters were a medieval invention and are seen beginning in the Fifth and Sixth Centuries, with a few examples dating a little earlier".

"Originally alphabets were written entirely in capital letters, spaced between well-defined upper and lower bounds".

http://www.princeton.edu/~achaney/tmve/wiki100k/docs/Lower_case.html

http://www.crystalinks.com/romelanguage.html
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 22 January 2014 10:12 AM EDT (US)     120 / 134       
This thread has officially gone off-topic. (maybe for good)

Check out my YouTube
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames