You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.134 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Why ESO is offline
Bottom
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 5  Next Page »
invent00r
Mortal
posted 12 July 2013 08:07 AM EDT (US)         
Hello,

So I decided to investigate why ESO is online. Nothing has happened to their servers, they are exactly the same as a few years ago. However, turns out the SSL certificate used to encrypt connections to ESO has expired since 10 of February of 2013. It was only a matter of time...

You can, however, ignore the error using Fiddler2, and enable the Ignore server certificates errors on the Tools | Options | HTTPS menu.

After choosing to ignore errors, the AoM proceeded the login as usual and I was officially the only one online at ESO. .
-invent00r

My Work: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10

WIP: Master XS Battle Micro AI
Paused: AI (%4.247)
Os segredos são de quem os souber guardar.
AuthorReplies:
TAG
That AoM Guy
(id: aom expert)
posted 24 July 2013 11:16 AM EDT (US)     31 / 134       
I am not a woman.

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 24 July 2013 12:52 PM EDT (US)     32 / 134       
I sent an email through the support section too. It bothers me that under the 'contact' thing it says "Support emails sent through the form below will not be answered". Don't want to wait forever if they plan on just throwing out the question.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 24 July 2013 11:56 PM EDT (US)     33 / 134       
o s*** i didnt even see that. thanks

Check out my YouTube
For live help with me, enter this chatroom. If I'm not on you can leave a message.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 25 July 2013 00:04 AM EDT (US)     34 / 134       
quoted from that thread i posted:

"Fer cryin' out loud, this ain't RE's job anymore!! If you would do one little thing and read the othere threads about the Age games, you would see that SixOkay has clearly stated that they have no control over these games."

Ok so if ES can't do it, RE can't do it, and Microsoft can't do it, then how the hell are we gonna get that certificate renewed???

Honestly I might just call microsoft again. I was told though (and was actually put on hold for a while) from the guy I was talkin to that he went to a higher authority/power that knew alot more about this type of stuff and I was informed that there's nothing they can do/they have no control over it.

But still, I'm gonna call again, and see if i get the same response. Somebody has to be responsible for these servers, and if it's not microsoft then wtf. You're telling me you can't fix that certificate...

Then somebody or someone or some company out there is controlling the servers and it's not microsoft, because honestly I can't see how micro can't fix this type of thing. I would imagine it's integrated into the servers.

edit: if we can't get that certificate renewed then it looks like we'll be using fiddler2. honestly, it might not be a big deal.

Here's a group to get us started (i hope they don't mind me posting this): https://www.facebook.com/groups/163996460335925/

Check out my YouTube

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 07-25-2013 @ 00:30 AM).]

AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 25 July 2013 01:02 AM EDT (US)     35 / 134       
I think that guy who commented is just some random dude babbling. The actual Robot employees have a Robot Entertainment logo by their name. You can call Microsoft again but it's not like we got shut down by RE just yet. I'd think that Microsoft could do it.

What's the facebook thing? I can't see it unless I login and I don't feel like creating an account.
Elrich
Hero
posted 25 July 2013 08:59 AM EDT (US)     36 / 134       
No offense, Erin is much more known as fighting for the rights of the common man against a corporation than being a woman.

The sad thing about this is that Microsoft themselves generated the certificate, so it's not like they paid some certificate authority to host the cert for them. They just have to go to that certificate server and generate a new one if they want to bother. The current certificate was good from Feb 10, 2011 to Feb 9, 2013.

Having requested server certificates for my company, you just have to identify yourself with some corporate documents and perhaps a bill or two with your address on it, but since this is just eso.com asking Microsoft for a certificate, then the people in control of the server for aom.eso.com just have to create a certificate request and send it to Microsoft who then verifies the identity and sends back a certificate to install on the aom.eso.com server.

Have you tried emailing age3support@microsoft.com? That's age3 but when you go to the eso account manager page, that's where it says go to for help.

The whois page has this as the admin contact for eso.com domain:

Administrative Contact:
Microsoft Corporation
Domain Administrator
One Microsoft Way .
Redmond, WA 98052-6399
US
Phone: 001-425-8828080
Email: domains@microsoft.com

In all your science of the mind, seeking blind through flesh and bone
Find the blood inside this stone
Well, I know I've never shown what I feel, I've always known
I plan my vengeance on my own - and I was always alone

[This message has been edited by Elrich (edited 07-25-2013 @ 09:00 AM).]

AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 25 July 2013 02:47 PM EDT (US)     37 / 134       
K sent an email to age3support@microsoft.com, also sent a ticket because for some reason they said I needed to do that too.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 26 July 2013 00:35 AM EDT (US)     38 / 134       
quoted from the RE thread:
Yeah, we haven't worked on anything Age-related for a couple years now. We wrapped up on Age Online in early 2011, and we've been entirely focused on our own games since then. Microsoft now holds the controls to all of the Age Franchise, including the ESO servers.
Microsoft now holds the controls to all of the Age Franchise, including the ESO servers.
including the ESO servers.
Ok Microsoft.

Didn't have time to call them again today. Calling them tomorrow.

Check out my YouTube
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 26 July 2013 09:20 PM EDT (US)     39 / 134       
It's amazing how many different f***ing answers you can get from these people...

I was told by Microsoft to post a thread here: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_other-gaming/eso-for-age-of-mythology-is-down-a-microsoft/c100a1d7-257e-4359-9288-9b7daf71c902?tm=1374891555250

Check out my YouTube

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 07-26-2013 @ 09:20 PM).]

AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 27 July 2013 01:15 AM EDT (US)     40 / 134       
Yeah I hate dealing with big company customer service. Today I had to call some company because they left a message on my phone that my ebay order couldn't be sent to a PO Box. They ask me to call them back with the invoice number. So I sit there replaying their message like 5 times to write down the full invoice number and their 1-800. I call them right back and after waiting on hold for almost an hour they tell me my order was already cancelled and to have a nice day. Haha
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 29 July 2013 04:09 PM EDT (US)     41 / 134       
I'm calling Microsoft again to see if I can get a third answer.

Keep checking your email, ranger.

edit: Same thing. Directed me to answers.microsoft. They said games have certain lifetimes where Microsoft no longer has over the phone support or some stupid crap.

I also filled out one of these: http://ensemblestudios.com/support.aspx

I just want some straight answers. I want someone to be able to describe to me exactly wtf is going and tell me in a way that convinces me for sure that there is nothing that can be done, and then I wanna know why...

Of course it's all a f***ing mystery though.

Check out my YouTube

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 07-29-2013 @ 04:38 PM).]

AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 29 July 2013 04:58 PM EDT (US)     42 / 134       
Still nothing in my email. Yeah I submitted one of those tickets already haha, haven't heard back yet. Just curious, are the support people you talk to when you call Microsoft English speakers or are they the "HALLO u have gord day how helps yoo day?" type of supports.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 29 July 2013 06:33 PM EDT (US)     43 / 134       
Indian.

Check out my YouTube
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 29 July 2013 07:36 PM EDT (US)     44 / 134       
Now we know we're screwed.

*Actually this gives me an idea. You should call and pretend you speak Spanish. Indians probably don't know Spanish so they'll probably transfer you back to America where you can speak to a bilingual person. Just speak English after that, they are probably more dependable than speaking to an Indian.

[This message has been edited by AlienSexRanger (edited 07-29-2013 @ 07:39 PM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 29 July 2013 08:59 PM EDT (US)     45 / 134       
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 29 July 2013 09:17 PM EDT (US)     46 / 134       
Here I got you a link to some Spanish sounding stuff you can say to the Indian person. Just say this and a lot of "Espanol?". Should work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xp5cJWj34Nw&t=1m5s
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 30 July 2013 01:00 PM EDT (US)     47 / 134       
alien make a petition

btw does anyone here live in san antonio texas because that's where the servers are

http://www.ip-adress.com/ip_tracer/72.3.239.132

some other data: http://eso.com.pandastats.net/

http://sitesentral.com/www.ensemblestudios.com

And I know this one is for eso.com but i found a good address: http://whois.net/whois/eso.com

Microsoft Corporation
Domain Administrator
One Microsoft Way .
Redmond, WA 98052-6399

Check out my YouTube

[This message has been edited by Thangbrand Aesirear (edited 07-30-2013 @ 01:32 PM).]

AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 30 July 2013 04:24 PM EDT (US)     48 / 134       
k I'm going to go get something to eat then I'll be back and write out a petition on here before submitting it to change.org tell me if I miss anything.

* Microsoft Corporation
Domain Administrator
One Microsoft Way .
Redmond, WA 98052-6399

This is a petition to allow Age of Mythology players back onto the ESO servers. The servers are still running, however, the SSL certificate has expired and because of this the ESO servers are inaccessible without use of a third party program to bypass the expired SSL certificate.

This is impractical for players. Account creation has also been disabled making access impossible for new players or old players who have forgotten their account information. As players who still love this game we are asking Microsoft Corporation (the owner of the servers) to make ESO accessible again by revalidating their SSL certificate and enabling account creation.

For those interested further discussion of the SSL certificate issue can be accessed here: http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=st&fn=1&tn=29334&f=1,29334,0,20

[This message has been edited by AlienSexRanger (edited 07-30-2013 @ 06:09 PM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 30 July 2013 08:35 PM EDT (US)     49 / 134       
Beautiful.

Post that shiz.

Check out my YouTube
Die_Mortal
Mortal
posted 30 July 2013 09:06 PM EDT (US)     50 / 134       
Hey, glad to know this issue isn't completely forgotten. I actually just tried to play again today in the first time since last fall. Sadly, I wasn't able to. Hope you can get their attention.

[This message has been edited by Die_Mortal (edited 07-30-2013 @ 09:07 PM).]

AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 30 July 2013 11:41 PM EDT (US)     51 / 134       
K guys here it is. I was going to make supporters like 500-1,000 people but I couldn't figure out how. It did say that I could change the goal later, though. Start passing this around.

http://www.change.org/petitions/allow-age-of-mythology-players-back-onto-the-eso-servers

[This message has been edited by AlienSexRanger (edited 07-30-2013 @ 11:42 PM).]

TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 31 July 2013 12:48 PM EDT (US)     52 / 134       
well alien i think i've/we've done all that we can (except writing a letter to them in the mail). invent00r did say that the official support for aom had expired, so there's a greater chance than ever that they won't do anything about it.

i'll keep checking my query's that i posted on various websites though, and you check your stuff.

We do have a few options if this doesn't work such as using fiddler2 or invent00r's private server.

Check out my YouTube
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 31 July 2013 02:20 PM EDT (US)     53 / 134       
There's a chance they'll listen if we get enough signatures, I guess that's the last thing we can try. I'm going to try and harass some people on voobly and gameranger into supporting this.
Die_Mortal
Mortal
posted 01 August 2013 11:48 AM EDT (US)     54 / 134       
I signed it and wrote a little note saying that it's my favorite game and that I'm now a game developer (well, in college still technically) because of the scenarios. Really hope it comes back online... and the ability to make new accounts again would be awesome.
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 01 August 2013 12:22 PM EDT (US)     55 / 134       
Thanks for the signature buddy. I tried to get a good first day started so hopefully other people spread the word. Got two papers to write this week on top of some other homework, not going to be doing as much petitioning as yesterday at least for the rest of the week. Let's hope this works.
Elpea
Hal
(id: lp_usa)
posted 01 August 2013 07:41 PM EDT (US)     56 / 134       
Signed.

AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 02 August 2013 11:07 PM EDT (US)     57 / 134       
Nice, thanks man.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 08 August 2013 10:39 PM EDT (US)     58 / 134       
lets do it once we have a thousand alien

Check out my YouTube
AlienSexRanger
Mortal
posted 08 August 2013 11:56 PM EDT (US)     59 / 134       
I don't know how we're going to get to 1,000 signatures. I'm getting a lot of support from voobly but voobly and gameranger combined probably don't even equal 1,000 Age of Mythology players. There's like 250 max on voobly I think, and probably 500 on gameranger at least. It's hard on gameranger because it appears there aren't a lot of English speakers. I was thinking about trying for 300. Either way I'll definitely be petitioning until the end of August because I'm too busy to take on any other tasks during finals.
TAG
That AoM Guy
posted 09 August 2013 06:43 PM EDT (US)     60 / 134       
well we should try our hardest, because 1000 is significant. its one thing to have 600 sigs, but 1000 shows alot more.

Check out my YouTube
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4 ··· 5  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames