You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon

Hop to:    
loginhomeregisterhelprules
Bottom
Topic Subject: New to the site? Check out this thread and introduce yourself!
« Previous Page  1 2 3 4  Next Page »
posted 18 May 2014 09:56 AM EDT (US)   
old thread here

Welcome to Age of Mythology Heaven!

If this is your first time joining the site, hello! We hope you will enjoy your time with us as you become involved in the community and experience new possibilities with the game.

Before you do anything, it's a good idea to review the code of conduct here so you know what you can and can't get away with.

Why not introduce yourself to the community? Post a comment in this thread saying hello and tell us a little about yourself

If you have the Extended Edition version of the game, we encourage you to head over to this thread and post your steam name with us. This is also another welcome thread which may have some more info for you.

Now, to help you with navigating the site...

AoMH has many, fun places to visit. On our homepage you will see a column of such places on the left side. I'll quickly run through these with you:

This is the place to check out the reviews of the game, interviews from the creators, some past contests, as well as an introduction to the game. All news for the website is posted here as well.

Our forums are in here! The fourms are the #1 way to interact with aom-lovers alike and be seen as a part of the community. You can learn alot just by browsing them, but feel free to ask or share anything.

Download creations from the fans at the Downloads Central! We have a vast selection of scenarios, campaigns, mods, recorded games, and utilities which you may find very interesting. If would like to post a review on one of these, be sure to check out the review guidelines. You can even upload your own material to the site! And don't forget to check out our Downloads Spotlight for the most interesting and unique uploaded content from the fans.

Got a question about the game? These faqs and in-game info will give you answers to those pressing questions. If you don't get the info you're looking for, you can always visit the scenario design forum faq, and shoot us a question there.

Trying to brush up on your supremacy skills? This is the place for you. We have all sorts of guides written by the experts of supremacy. A lot of them have some good strategies to share, and many helpful tips. If you want to submit your own strategy article, click on Submit an Article.

This section is packed full of instruction on how to be a designer, and put your own twist on the game. Learn from some of the greatest and legendary scenario creators, modders, eyecandiers, and more. If you're new to designing, or looking to spice up your current creations, these are worth the read.

If you don't have The Titans xpack already, well... Kronos is not pleased. With The Titans expansion comes a ton of new features that you can check out in this section. Even if you have the gold edition already, you still may learn something that you never knew.

The Age of Mythology guide for dummies. 'nuff said.

You can grow to really appreciate these fancy works of art. Much of what you see in this section is done by the fans - artists, where AoM was the inspiration for numerous artistic creations. You'll see amazing hand-drawn sketches, out-of-this-world screenshots from the editor, as well as some attractive pre-release screenshots from Ensemble Studios.

Looking for a good laugh? Check out these hilarious gags from the fans known as "AoM toons". You are more than welcome to submit your own as well! If you're feeling funny, and AoM is on your mind, why not throw one together and give us some entertainment!

Last, and definitly not least, we are Age of Mythology Heaven. We take pride in giving you the best experience possible for as long as you're with us. We don't want you to feel unwelcome on the site, so stay true the guidelines, and we will assist you in your journey through AoM and AoMH. If you would like to contact us, there are some links in this section.

That about wraps it up! Thank you for reading and thank you for being a part of the AoMH community!

[This message has been edited by CeaseDaFire (edited 11-14-2015 @ 11:24 AM).]

Replies:
posted 08 September 2018 08:21 PM EDT (US)     91 / 115  
Best of the Best Communities In all of time.
posted 09 September 2018 11:40 PM EDT (US)     92 / 115  
Er... the AoM toons link does not work.
I got the error 404 page.
posted 07 October 2018 04:08 PM EDT (US)     93 / 115  
Hey fans !
How can I change a unit name in Editor?
I wanna change for example All Frost Giant's name at the same time..But I only find "Change unit name" trigger..
Please help me !

Other question: In Which size are the units "face picture"? 48x48 or 50x50 or what?

Thank you !
posted 07 October 2018 04:11 PM EDT (US)     94 / 115  
Welcome! Seems you already reposted your question in the question thread, will answer there.

posted 29 November 2018 12:44 PM EDT (US)     95 / 115  
i like gaia
posted 02 December 2018 08:51 PM EDT (US)     96 / 115  
and why is that

posted 31 July 2019 06:18 AM EDT (US)     97 / 115  
I've been playing age of mythology a while but have had this question for a long time. Do berry bushes count as farms?
posted 31 July 2019 09:00 AM EDT (US)     98 / 115  
no, berry bushes do not count as farms: no upgrade can increase the gather rate from them, just as with chickens.
although husbandry helps, but only because they carry more food from any source - so less trips
posted 31 July 2019 11:13 AM EDT (US)     99 / 115  
Fu Xi in the Chinese expansion has the Domestication tech. That is the only tech that increases the gather rate from chickens and berry bushes.
posted 19 December 2019 05:54 PM EDT (US)     100 / 115  
Hello there! I first got AOM at about the time The Titans came out, and while I don't play online, I play Random Maps quite frequently and come up with ideas for new civilizations/pantheons (currently working on Sumerians).
posted 21 January 2020 11:45 AM EDT (US)     101 / 115  
Hi, I'm new. lol

Man this place hasn't changed one bit.

Former Leader and co-Founder of the FPH Clan

Now I just troll boards. ^_^
posted 22 January 2020 03:41 PM EDT (US)     102 / 115  
Welcome both

posted 23 February 2020 03:51 PM EDT (US)     103 / 115  
Hi, I'm not new to the site but just regained access to the email I used for this forum and would like to sincerely apologise for not attending the forum reunion in 2015, only just found the invitation. Sorry @ Yeeb et al :/ Hope everyone is fine!

Besides that I have zero clue about what has been happening in the AOM universe, the last time I played was the original or so Titans edition with lots of nottud's editor stuff and Vandhaal's underwater background...

Now with my email back, I could reset the photobucket password as well and check out my old screenshots (for the screenshot competition and Elrich's story thread), and some stuff about that phenomal glitch called "water hills", miss the game lots :/

Cheerio my friends,
relic
posted 23 February 2020 08:41 PM EDT (US)     104 / 115  
Good to see you!

posted 18 April 2020 05:45 PM EDT (US)     105 / 115  
I completely missed the invite too. Just looking through these pages brings back so many memories

ninjapenguin981
I AM THE ALMIGHTY ETERNAL LOSER SISSY BOY
posted 18 April 2020 06:40 PM EDT (US)     106 / 115  
Welcome back!

posted 04 May 2020 02:30 AM EDT (US)     107 / 115  
Hello there! I am a huge AoE fan from Turkey. The first game I have ever played was AoEI. I also played AoM, but not as much as other games as it was a little bit complicated for me to begin with. So, for years I played AoE but did not play AoM much. I got AoM:EE on Steam sales 2 or 3 years ago and never played it. But I want to change this situation and get into AoM. I have already known about HeavenGames, but I just decided to be a part of this community. I hope I will have a good time here and will finally learn to play AoM.

I will either find a way, or make one.
posted 06 May 2020 10:16 AM EDT (US)     108 / 115  
Welcome! You can check out Strategy Central to learn all about the mechanics of gameplay.

posted 27 February 2021 01:24 PM EDT (US)     109 / 115  
Hello there!
Brand new to the AOM social scene. Just made an account. My dad introduced my brothers and I to RTS games in general when we were little. I really loved AOM and thought I would attempt a brutal playthrough on Twitch and YT. I was really struggling with the Revelation campaign when I found your helpful guide on the internet! I would love it if you come watched! Also is this forum still active?

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCiG2jC7jc6epKVATULkTiiA/videos

https://www.twitch.tv/smallzks2

<3
posted 05 March 2021 08:26 PM EDT (US)     110 / 115  
posted 21 March 2021 06:04 PM EDT (US)     111 / 115  
Hi,

I didn't notice this for a while, sorry about that. Anyways, I played AoM a lot when I was younger, and recently got back into it. Now, I'm working on adding a sixth culture to the game.
posted 16 April 2022 11:43 AM EDT (US)     112 / 115  
Excuse my level of English.
Hi everyone.
I'd rather avoid saying my real name, but you can call me "Roman."
I'm a pretty noob but enthusiastic AoM player, and I love creating scenarios.
I joined AoM heaven to share my maps and give feedback on my ideas, I hope you like them
posted 16 August 2022 11:44 PM EDT (US)     113 / 115  

Hello every one, when I was a child I loved this game, now I'm a studen of computer science, and I just found a blog of AOM, I'm interested in contributing to the game, but I think steam owns it now. The game is open source o I need buy of steam? Greetings friends

posted 19 August 2022 04:23 PM EDT (US)     114 / 115  
Hey yea sadly the game is not open so the changes are from modding and reverse engineering. Although that sounds very limited the community has achieved a lot!
posted 21 September 2022 04:39 AM EDT (US)     115 / 115  
I am also fascinated by the Romans! In my opinion, it's a great game and I've spent thousands of hours playing it.

You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register
Hop to:    
Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames