You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.66 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Well another good suggestion for ES.
Bottom
Topic Subject:Well another good suggestion for ES.
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 00:33 AM EDT (US)         
text DON'T MAKE X PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AuthorReplies:
AmericanaThorFez
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 00:35 AM EDT (US)     1 / 66       
i like x-packs

(>" )>Proud Templar of the Flying Purple Hippo Clan! <("< )
::: FPH_Martin'sAward for the funniest lyrics:::
I ated the purple berries!They taste like buuuurning!~Ralph Wiggum~(8^(*)~Homer Simpson
"The sun?? Oh no! That's the hottest place on earth!"~Homer Simpson.
I came here to kick arse and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum!
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 00:37 AM EDT (US)     2 / 66       
DON'T MAKE X PACK REALLY,ONLY ADD PATCHES FOR AOM PLEASE.

[color=blue]This Game is Good as you make it.[/C]

XCrash_Fish
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 00:38 AM EDT (US)     3 / 66       
x-packs make me feel like ES is still trying to perfect their games, and still cares about public opinion. They also keep people interested in the game.

Though I than He - may longer live
He longer must - than I -
For I have but the power to kill,
Without--the power to die--
The only reoccurence in every AoM games you lose, is you.
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 00:40 AM EDT (US)     4 / 66       
SORRY .

Well X pack for AoM's bad idea.

AmericanaThorFez
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 00:52 AM EDT (US)     5 / 66       
no its not cuz then if you think up a really REALLY good idea and then they delete the scn editer option then your idea is pretty much screwed!

(>" )>Proud Templar of the Flying Purple Hippo Clan! <("< )
::: FPH_Martin'sAward for the funniest lyrics:::
I ated the purple berries!They taste like buuuurning!~Ralph Wiggum~(8^(*)~Homer Simpson
"The sun?? Oh no! That's the hottest place on earth!"~Homer Simpson.
I came here to kick arse and chew bubblegum, and I'm all out of bubblegum!
Last_Knight
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 01:16 AM EDT (US)     6 / 66       
Well, an X-pack can add to the game, and I bet that if the game succeeds (and it will ), ES will wanna "milk" some of its success and make an x-pack.
I'm sure the game will be good when they make it, but after a year of playing, adding something new wouldn't hurt.

The Last Knight
Grasshoppers are cheap, nutritious, tasety,Kosher and easy to dissect
TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 01:21 AM EDT (US)     7 / 66       
I think with very little foreknowledge of the game mechanics, it's hard to decide for ES whether they should be making an expnasion or not, let alone what the theming is.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 01:27 AM EDT (US)     8 / 66       
Well X pack won't be good for AoM, it'll spoil it.
Moocher
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 01:56 AM EDT (US)     9 / 66       
Spoil the game!?!?! How so?

From the words of Puccinis famous tenor aria. "Vin Cero" "I will conquer"
Angel THS
Banned
posted 02 April 2002 02:14 AM EDT (US)     10 / 66       
Bernardo? OMG? U R A TIME TRAVELER!

Anyway, an expansion pack is better than a 500mb download methinks. You can't 'patch in' another culture. ES is going to make an expansion because the game will be successful. A lot of it is about making a profit so they can make more games.

Socrates
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 02:33 AM EDT (US)     11 / 66       
Well this is a pleasant change from the typical "When r u gona put in teh portugalz X-pac!?!?!?!?!?~~lololoroofles."

It's pretty stupid, nonetheless. Do you play AoK, Bernardo? Would you rather play with, or without Conquerors?

redcoat219
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 10:17 AM EDT (US)     12 / 66       
i think x packs are nice so : P
Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 10:28 AM EDT (US)     13 / 66       
If you dont want an X-pack just dont buy it. Problem solved

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. -Ephesians 2:10
Past member of the orginal "Off-Topic Trio"!
Proud owner of an AoM alpha VIP!
Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco
Kumar Shah
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 10:40 AM EDT (US)     14 / 66       

How abt

Let AoM get released...we can talk about X-Pack later...

Can you do the Double Yoda?
A sexual move, where you do a double backflip, insert your penis into the orifice of choice, and scream, "Afraid are you?"
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 12:24 PM EDT (US)     15 / 66       
Tell me crazy or whatever you want but technology is upgrading very fast specially in the Computers' stuff, well I know they're going to make an expansion, however I still think it would spoil it, because they've only missed 2 important myth-believng cultures: Chinese and Meso American, and I know they would commit the same mistake as they did with AoK:TC they gave Mayans and Aztecs siege weapons, swordsmen, etc. WHAT'S THAT?

Chinese could have siege weapons and all that stuff but what about Meso Americans?

That's why I think the Game would be spoiled.

IN WARS THERE ARE WINNERS AND LOOSERS!

SandyMan
Immortal
(id: ES_Sandyman)
posted 02 April 2002 01:23 PM EDT (US)     16 / 66       
If you think that AoK was "spoiled" by the Conquerors X-Pack then it's hard to see how ES could take you very seriously. That is a pretty radically minority opinion, you realize.
redcoat219
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 01:27 PM EDT (US)     17 / 66       
i loved the conquerors and i want a x pack for aom even tho it would be so far away and we shouldnt be thinkin much of it.. but in conquerors giving mayans and aztec... champions and things lower then that looked so fake... they didnt have any of that kind of armor : P let alone those massive seige weapons
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 01:32 PM EDT (US)     18 / 66       
No I say ES SPOILED AOK:TC WHEN GIVING MAYANS AND AZTECS SO MUCH POWER.
william_chen_
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 01:33 PM EDT (US)     19 / 66       
...you all know what I think? I think Bernardo is a delirious, psychopathic kid running around posting stupid threads that has not a single purpose. I feel sorry for you...
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 01:35 PM EDT (US)     20 / 66       
Me too for you Mr. Sidharta!

YOU MUST BE FAR FROM PLEASURES OR YOU'RE NOT REACHING NIRVANA!

redcoat219
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 01:36 PM EDT (US)     21 / 66       
i do think he is taking it too far but i do understand what he means about the mayans and aztec in some twisted way...
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 01:44 PM EDT (US)     22 / 66       
Thanks redcoat219.

I said making powerful Mayans and Aztecs which had no siege wepons and no swordsmen spoil a game.

jduderocks
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 03:49 PM EDT (US)     23 / 66       
Evil I say evil evil evil, let us call him Wormtongue aye trying to kill es he was, hes trying to make EE a game without competition, give himn a choice to fight with my army of hydras or to take a horse and ride into the misty mountains never to be seen again!!!
Bryan_Adams
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 04:07 PM EDT (US)     24 / 66       

Quoted from Bernardo:

DON'T MAKE X PACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't shreak. We can hear you. One question: are you nuts?

Paulcool_me1
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 04:17 PM EDT (US)     25 / 66       
The X pack makes things more interesting so you don't get bored with the game.
Socrates
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 07:40 PM EDT (US)     26 / 66       

Quote:

I said making powerful Mayans and Aztecs which had no siege wepons and no swordsmen spoil a game.

Don't know about you, but I'd pass up realism for fun, balanced gameplay any day.

GNon
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 08:16 PM EDT (US)     27 / 66       
!?

ES is a game company, they are here to make money; a x-pack will make more money. Therefore x-pack will come if game makes a profit (which i'm sure it will).

So you have a irrational position.

Patches don't make money but spend it. (X-packs spend money also but sell the product to retreve that amount spent) [I don't think anyone has bought a game because it had a good patch. Usually patches suggest problems with games that should have been fixed before hand. I.E. bugs]

----------

Now when your refering to power, is that in-game power or some other type. If in-game, huh? They aren't broken civs (such that everyone plays them and nothing else). Siege is there to balance the game. History in games are subject to gameplay balancing Cause real life isn't fun, it's life.

Also you mentioned something about it's ok for the chinese to have siege. You know they are the ones that developed the first Treb's.

Zone: GNon42 ESO: GNon
AOM MPT Tester VIP \\\\ !TEAL! ////
"Beware of the Shadows, they move when you're not looking."
" See. "
Bernardo
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 09:25 PM EDT (US)     28 / 66       
Not something is fun relism other and stupid things other. (I'M NOT TELLING STUPID TO ES GUYS) For example it's fun MUs we know they are Myth and not exist that's OK it's fun. Turks had cannons we know it that's realism, but MAYANS AND AZTECS USING ONAGERS RAMS AND TREBUCHETS?!

WHAT THE HELL'S THAT?

I know it's balancing but what form to balance, then why didn't ES guys save tanks to the Turks?

c r e e z y
Mortal
(id: Hairy Scary Man)
posted 02 April 2002 10:35 PM EDT (US)     29 / 66       
stop yellin Bernardo...ur one weird man i must add...u give ideas for an xpack then say dont make one...if u dont want an xpack dont buy it...ez as that

EgyptianGod
Mortal
posted 02 April 2002 10:57 PM EDT (US)     30 / 66       
Expansion packs are great and they add exciting new elements of gameplay that you can't get from just a patch. New civs, techs, units and other stuff that add to the replay of the game. As for the Mayans and Aztecs obviously it's historicly inaccurate but who want to play as a civ that can't knock buildings down efficiently. The meso's were also important to history so they should be included in the expansion it's just that you have to make them playable and since they were behind the rest of the world tech wise they need to balance unhistoricly. They could have not included them but then the expansion pack is less worth it and ES makes less money, possibly causing them to stop development of AOM in the first place, because they wanted a "real game"; would you like that, would you?

Trying is the first step towards failure- Homer Simpson

Keep in mind that Christianity and the other active religions today are mythologies- Bruce Shelley

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames