You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy and General Discussion
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.53 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy and General Discussion » Warstorys to hold us over 'till the alpha comes!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Warstorys to hold us over 'till the alpha comes!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
phantom_rider
Mortal
(id: phantom_rider2)
posted 09 July 2002 02:46 PM EDT (US)         
Ok since alot of you have been making WarStories, I thought I would put it here! ok write down all you want then The judges will decide who has the best one!

Whoever can make the best warstory using all GP ages and most units will have a good one...but in the end it is up to our judges!

It should be along thee lines of a 2 virses 2 game with good pairs. (Gods that work together good, like Odin/Poseidon, or another good team)

Use good spelling so that our judges will be able to tell what you are saying!

ok if you want to be a judge you can use Yahoo or MSN to contact me.... (please be serious about you postion if you ask to be a judge!)

Judges:

1. Richard the God
  2. Icehammer
  3. SoR_Anarchy
  4. Stone_Minotaur
  5. Arshnu_Returns

Sorry but we have all the judges we need now get with te war stories!

(please note you ca not persuade a judge to get his/her vote)

We will take stories up until Friday.....no exceptions! they have to be in by friday....

please only contestants' war stories should be posted here!

This will hold us over till the alpha comes!

the winner will get this shiny little sig modification in any color as long as it looks good!

Best War Story in the AoMH Forums!

or something like it! we wil have someone design a better one!

[This message has been edited by phantom_rider2 (edited 07-12-2002 @ 09:10 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
ages
Mortal
(id: alwaysages)
posted 09 July 2002 03:03 PM EDT (US)     1 / 53       
Sounds like fun but I am too busy working on my god guide to contribute at the moment

! seilims eht rof elims
phillip
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 03:06 PM EDT (US)     2 / 53       
i know this is only for warstories but is there any certain length, type, or outline for these stories? also, how are they going to be judged. i'd like to know before i start

i can't help solve your problems in the world, but i can tell you how to fix problemed people...
...hit them with a stick
phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 03:08 PM EDT (US)     3 / 53       
Sorry people I'll update that stuff but what I need is Judges!
So contact me if you want to be a judge!
Hrolf the Reborn
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 03:08 PM EDT (US)     4 / 53       
Yippy skippy ill get right to work!!

Strategist, Age fan, owner of AoM beta, and future game devolper.
Nero
Mortal
(id: Richard the God)
posted 09 July 2002 03:33 PM EDT (US)     5 / 53       
There were once two simple villges in Greece one called Rohdinah and Greco.The people of Greco worshiped poisden and lived in flate plains near the sea.They relied on farming and then exporting their good by sea.The people of Rohdinah lived near by , high in the mountins amoang the clouds.They worshiped the king of the gods the mitey zeus.The Grecos relied on the Roh for gold to finance their ships and the Roh reiled on the Grecos for food.
The people of Pompus worshiped Hades.The lived in the black forests of Gelcas and reiled heavely on the forest.One day the Grecos made such a harvest they could not ship all of it of so they decied to build another ship.Do do this they need wood.So they sent troops out into the forset to make a small lumber camp.Soon the troopes had cut down half the forest and the Grecos maneged to build 3 extra ships. The people of Pompus where furious about this and vowed revenge on the Grecos for destroying their home.They decided to ambush a supplie cart of food the Grecos where sending to the Roh,hopefully causing tension betwen the two.It did.Because the Roh had no food they starved in the winter and so did not give the Grecos any gold.Without thier gold the saliours of the Grecos rebelled and burned their ships.From that day on both villages never mentioned each other.
Soon both villages recovered and became thriving towns. but with the growing population came growing needs.Both decide to campagin into the east to gain want they had lost. The Rohdinians used their gold to build a grand army of countless hoplites and a few elite mintors. The Grecos decide to spend their money on swift cavarly and many hydras.Useing ther effective armies they conquered and pilliged. Stories sprung up of The great greco cavalry charging fearlessly and whole armies being destroyed by a single Hydra. Others said about the ranks apouun ranks of Hoplites which moved through any type or amount of units.It was envertible that the two would meet.

The battle was bloody and long. the many hoplites surronded the hydras and charged fearlessly into the mass of open jaws. When were thrown high into the air by mintour blades.The cavalry of the Grecos tried to battle bravely on but the hoplites where over whelming the hydras. They where out numbered 3 to 1 but while they where on horse they had the avantage.They decided to climb inot the hoot hills of the Roh and use ther powerfull horses to ambush them.The hoplites charged up the hills where the Greco cavalry waited.When they where half way up the the greco warriours poured down the hills on their swift steeds and masquered hundreds.They then turned on there hill and ran back up the into the hills .They continued this for many long hours.Guraduly the Infantry of the Rohdinians pushed them higher and higher till zues could hear the commotion. He saw what his brothers men where doing to his nearly defencless hoplites and a few remaining minitors.He throw a well amied bolt of lightning that bounced of the cavalryies metal armour killing many including their general.Down harted and seeing know way of winning with their genral ,who was also ther leader, dead , they rode of into the barren lands never to be seen again.It was not long before the Grecos heard of this defeat....

NERO
"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."
- Bill Peterson, football coach

[This message has been edited by Richard the God (edited 07-09-2002 @ 03:36 PM).]

phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 03:35 PM EDT (US)     6 / 53       
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH HHhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH I NEED JUDGES!!!!
shelper
HG Alumnus
(id: Smileyshelper)
posted 09 July 2002 03:36 PM EDT (US)     7 / 53       
i take it stories will not be judged on spelling

It's like watching a flock of clown-like apes trying to navigate a ship, even though the ship has in fact been stranded on some kind of reef for about 7 years and none of the apes have noticed it yet. -Drahnier on OD moderation.
Nero
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 03:37 PM EDT (US)     8 / 53       
part two coming soon!!!
sorry about the spelling its my major fualt

NERO
"Men, I want you just thinking of one word all season. One word and one word only: Super Bowl."

Nero
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 03:38 PM EDT (US)     9 / 53       
ill be a judge and take the postion seriously!

NERO

phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 03:40 PM EDT (US)     10 / 53       
Comeon I really need Judges...

MSN Messenger:phantom_rider2@hotmail.com
there contact me if you want to judge...we need judges before any more can be submitted!

Jaydub
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 03:57 PM EDT (US)     11 / 53       
HERE IS 2 WAR STORIES. IF I'M ONLY ALLOWED ONE, READ THE SECOND ONE.

The spelling isn't perfect but you should be able to tell what I am saying.

Ra Zeus team vs Odin Poseidon team

Archaic age: Ra empowers TC, gets temple as soon as possible to get priests to empower more. Makes rings of obelisks with priests to make it hard to make a forward base.
Zeus gets a temple as soon as possible to get a pegasus to complement his katakaspos in scouting.

Both Ra and zeus gather as much wood/gold as they can while keeping steady flow of villies.

Odin gets a temple as soon as he can and uses ravens to scout like mad. His ulfsark builds and his villies gather.

Poseidon scouts also looking for a place where animal magnet will summon as many animals as possible.

Poseidon does animal magnet. As the animals gather, hunters pick off the predators and odin does great hunt once poseidon has a granary and odin has an oxcart nearby. They hunt to their hearts content.

As soon as Ra-zeus hears that the GPs have been used they build farms with as much wood as they have. Ra uses rain and the food comes flowing in, albeit not necesarilly as fast as the hunters. Poseidon and Odin weren't prepared and didn't have the wood to make large amounts of farms, but got a few.

Zeus starts to gather favor, enough to get a few minotaurs on classical. Ra builds the cheapest monument. Poseidon gathers favor as well with same # of villies as Zeus.

They hit classical:
Zeus chooses Athena
Ra chooses Ptah
Poseidon chooses hermes
Odin chooses Freyja

Zeus starts building minotaurs and hoplites.
Ra empwoers his barracks and temple starts building slingers, spearmen, and a few Wadjets to support Zeus's army. They mix so that they have some of each player defending each town.

Poseidon gets a stable and starts pumping hippikons, with a few centaurs mixed in. Poseidon makes a dock and starts exploring the seas.
Odin starts pumping TAs and Ulfsarks from longhouse, with valkryies.
They also mix so that there are an even amount of units guarding each town.

There are minor skirmishes but nothing major

Heroic age

Zeus chooses Dionysus
Ra chooses Sekhmet
Poseidon chooses Dionysus
Odin chooses Njord

Zeus continues making hoplites with a few hypasists and archers mixed in. He makes his heroes, Jason Odyseus and Heracles, and makes hydra with a few minotaurs. Makes a dock and uses scylla to defend his fishing boats.

Ra makes a midgol as fast as possible using empowering and starts making camels, chariots and elephants.
He makes a few scarabs so that Zeus doesn't need to make much in the way of siege weapons. makes a dock and fishes under protection of scylla

Poseidon keeps making Hippikons and adds some prodromos. He makes some archers along with his centaurs to protect his cavalry from spearmen and hoplites. He makes a few siege engines. He starts making hydras, but continues making centaurs. He makes a few scylla to defend his fish.

Odin gets a hillfort and starts making jarls, huskarls, and battering rams. He keeps making a few ulfsarks and TAs but not as much as before. He makes Mountain Giants, and krakens to defend fishing boats.

Mythic Age:
Zeus chooses Hera
Ra chooses Osiris
Poseidon chooses Artemis
Odin chooses Tyr

Zeus stops making archers, and starts making medusa. He makes more and more hoplites. He makes some more warships to keep his fishing safe.

Ra makes some mummies as well as more and more camels, chariot archers and elephants. He makes a few more Scarabs, to be ready. Finds an island in the sea and takes not of it.

Poseidon makes chimeras along with hippikons and siege engines.

Odin makes more Jarls, and gets a swarm of fenris wolves.

Time for bloodshed.
The armies march on each other at about the same time.
Ra's army clashes with Odins. Zeus's clashes with poseidons.
Ra shifting sands Odins army onto the island, and goes to aid Zeus in smashing poseidons army.

Poseidon uses the Bronze GP when he realizes what is happening. But his troops are still no match to the combined army
The spearmen and hoplites take out hippikons. Ra's pharaohs and priests use their attack bonus vs MUs to take out as many hydras and chimeras as possible as camels and chariot archers take out the centaurs. Minotaurs knock the infantry and foot archers around, medusas turn things to stone, and mummies convert units temporarily and the poseidon army falls.

Zeus uses restoration to heal the army as it attacks odins town.
Odin rushes transports to the island, but finds it guarded by warships and scyllas. Krakens, Scyllas, Warships, and the Argo rush to take the island. Eventually they get the troops off the island, and load troops onto transports as the transports are on the way, a zeus fishing boat manages to find them long enough to use bolt on one of the transports.
Ra-zeus army is already in Odin's town. The scarabs are shredding buildings all over, archers taking out villagers.

Odin's ravens manage to get LOS on Ra's town and Poseidon uses earthquake to weaken the buildings. As the earthquakes fade, Odin uses fimbulwinter and wolves begin to ravage the town. Ra uses Citadel and his TC becomes a citadel which manages to lessen the damage done by wolves.

Poseidon has no army, Odin has no town.

Ra-zeus moves towards poseidons town. Odin's army catches up to them. As Odin's army approaches, Zeus uses Lightning Storm to soften them up, and Ra uses Son of Osiris to make his pharaoh a son of osiris. A mummy converts a mountain giant and it kicks a huskarl away from the battlefield and smashes jarls with its clubs. etc etc etc, Odin's army is dead, and Poseidon can't resist much as the 2 armies crush its town.

And heres a second War story. Same thing with spelling, it should be readable.

If I'm only allowed to submit 1 war story use the one just below.

Set-Thor vs Odin-Poseidon

Archaic Age:

Set empowers his TC and starts building villagers. His priest starts scouting, placing obelisks wherever it seems like a good idea, looking for a large fat animal to convert. The villagers start working on the closest food source. The next few villagers go on food, until a large elephant returns home. The villies slaughter it and start taking its food. A few villagers go on wood and gold to be able to build buildings. The priest sends as many animals as it can back to the TC for food. He builds 1 favor gathering monument

Thor puts his villagers on food and starts building villagers with an ulfsark after every 2-3 villagers. his ulfsark builds necesarry buildings and scouts around the immediate area. As another ulfsark comes out it takes over the nearby scouting and building and the other one starts travelling around the map.
When he finds a small herd of animals he researches pig sticker at his ox cart and sends it with a few vills towards the herd. HE uses dwarven mine early on right next to his TC and builds a dwarf to start mining. He makes a dwarven foundry and starts getting as many upgrades as resources allows, with a steady stream of villagers building.

Poseidon scouts out for animals as fast as he can and gets a dock as soon as possible. When he finds a large group of animals, he uses Animal MAgnet and builds a mill there. He kills off predators as they arrive. He puts a small # of villies on favor

Odin gets a temple as soon as possible for his ravens and starts scouting. when Poseidon does animal magnet, Odin uses Great Hunt. They hunt and get enormous amounts of food.

Poseidon and Odin are the first to Classical.
Poseidon chooses Hermes, Odin chooses Freyja.

Odin starts building raiding cav and TAs immediately and does some of the armoury upgrades.
Poseidon starts building hippikons centaurs and hoplites immediately.

Set and Thor get to classical shortly after.
Set chooses Anubis
Thor chooses Forseti.

Set starts collecting predators for an early assault. He also makes slingers, spearmen and anubites. His pharaoh empowering his monument so favor comes faster. He builds 1 of the next monuments.
Thor makes a longhouse and starts pumping raiding cav and ulfsarks. His army quickly passes Odin's due to his faster longhouse.
He does more dwarven foundry upgrades making his army more powerful as well.

Set sends a few predators out to an isolated resource camp of poseidons and starts attacking villagers. The army defends it wiping out the predators, but Thor's army slipped in unnoticed and began raiding the town. Thor used his favor to get some Trolls as ranged support.
Poseidon's economy is hurt, but not too badly. Odin comes to help him and they fight thor off. Thor loses most of his TAs but the raiding cav retreat.

Set and Thor both build 2 docks close to each other and start making warships. They're navy won't stand against odin-poseidons for too long, but it gives them some time to defend fishing ships.

Poseidon starts to wall in and Odin tries to rush Thor hoping he didnt have much of an army remaining. His longhouses and temple had been working hard the whole time. The forces clashed, but with a few trolls and better upgrades, Thor came out on top.
Set is still building up peacefully and he starts to wall in as well, as he masses a few more predators for diversions.

Set is the first to Heroic age.
He chooses Necthbys.

He makes a Midgol, empowering it and starts making chariot archers camels and elephants. He also makes a few scorpionmen with his favour from several monuments.
He continues making a navy, and makes some leviathans with it.

Odin is next to Heroic and chooses Njord. He suspects that the other team does not have a large navy so only makes a few kraken. He barely has any favour left to make mountain giants so he attacks Thor again. This time he had a few Jarls with him.
Thor was just reaching Heroic age as Odin attacked. He chose Skadi. Thor had made mostly ulfsarks and raiding cav with a few trolls still. thor asked for help as they fought, using his favour to make frost giants. Set sent his chariots and camels to help, as they were fast. They got there just as the first frost giant came out. The frost giant froze a Jarl. The camels and chariots were able to take out the majority of the force, with some help from thor.

Set and Thor launched a naval assault on Poseidon's docks. They destroyed several fishing ships before Odin's navy came to help. Set sent his army in on leviathans and they destoryed the docks from land, but Set-thors navy was mostly dead. It patrolled looking for new docks, and Set's army returned home.

Poseidon finally got to Heroic age and chose dionysus. He would've made Scylla but his docks had been destroyed. He made Hydras and heroes instead preparing for a land assault.
Set had hardly suffered any economic setbacks at all from within his fortified city. He was most fo the way to Mythic by the time poseidon got to Heroic.
When he got there he chose Thoth. Immediately he researched valley of the kings. Thor tributed a bit of food and gold, and the elephants started popping out of his Midgols.

Odin now had several mountain giants and Jarls, with TA's for range, and valkryies for healing. Poseidon had been collecting hippikons since classical, and had created several hydras and centaurs to back them up. The 2 armies went to march on Set.
Odin had also created a hidden dock and made enough Kraken to retake the seas from Set-Thor, and allowed Poseidon to get some Scylla to hold the seas. But they hadn't killed 1 of Set's docks quite yet and it started making turtles to keep his fishing ships safe.
Set had a swarm of anubites now, and sent them running around the edge of the map where they wouldnt be seen. His elephants, CAs, spearmen, scorpionmen, and pheonixs should be able to defend his base relatively well.

Set saw the army coming as it passed an obelisk, and asked for reinforcements from thor. Thor sent his raiding cav, hersirs and frost giants towards sets base to help.

The anubites reached Poseidons base, targeted a house on the other side of the wall, and leapt over. They went straight for his villies, always keeping targets alive so that they could jump away from the TC if need be. The headed for his temples to try to cut off his favor, destroyed them, and went for the stables where they met some hippikon, but still had numbers. He found a forest with many choppers but no form of defence nearby and used PLague of serpents. The cobras killed off many of the villies.

Odin-Poseidons army had reached Set now, but so had Thors reinforcements. Poseidon used bronze to make his troops more effective, but it didn't turn the tide of the battle because Set used ancestors to help. The pheonix flew overhead attacking TAs, as they were all that could attack them. The Hersirs concentrated on Hydras and the rest just swarmed around killing everything in sight. The pheonix did massive amounts of damge once all ranged support was dead. thor used healing spring to heal the troops.
Odin had now reached Mythic age and chose Baldr. He started building firegiants back home.

Thor reached mythic age next and chose Tyr. He started making packs of fenris wolves. Meanwhile, the anubites in Poseidons towns were dying off, but they had done massive amounts of damage. Before the last one died, Set used Meteor shower reducing much of poseidons town to rubble.

Thor made some Jormund elvers to help keep the sea. The turtles and jormunds rampaged thru the sea destroying all enemy units in sight.

Set sent some elephants and phoenix to finish off poseidon and then turned towards Odin.thor sent out raiding parties of fenris wolves, taking out minor resource sites. Set also made small raids with predators.
When Odins ravens saw thor building tons of ballistae, he found Thors main woodcutting operation and used forest fire. Thor couldn't make nearly as many ballistae now.

Thor's rams breached a chunk of Odins wall, and Sets camels rushed in. They found the center of the town where Odins villagers were, and Thor used Fimbulwinter. The wolves started eating villies, but Odin used Ragnarok and his Hersirs fought off the wolves. The 2 armies brought down as many hersirs as was possible, but Thor decided to frost them to be safe. when they were frozen the army went about leveling the town, killing firegiants and bringing in mortal reinforcements to take out the hersirs. Before Poseidon resigned, he used ceasefire, to prevent Odins town from being entirely destroyed. The hersirs thawed before the rest of the town was destroyed and continued to fight, massacring all the MUs, but they were brought down by CAs and Huskarls in the end.

Set used vision on one of the main exits to the town and saw a few units escaping, and was able to hunt them down.

Set-Thor team was victorious if it isn't obvious enough by now.

"A truly wise man never plays leapfrog with a unicorn"
"People who love sausage and respect the law should never watch either one being made" - The Sausage Principle
When you are not looking at it, this signature says something else.
Winner of P_R2s "Best ASCII Minotaur Yet Award"

[This message has been edited by Jaydub (edited 07-09-2002 @ 03:59 PM).]

phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 03:58 PM EDT (US)     12 / 53       
ahhhhh give me judges..anyone anyone...contact me on anything that I have on my profile!
Nero
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 04:00 PM EDT (US)     13 / 53       
phantom do they have to be STORYIES or like a plan of a game like jaydub has done?

NERO

Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 04:04 PM EDT (US)     14 / 53       
I would assume stories (not STORYIES ), since he called this topic: Warstorys to hold us over 'till the alpha comes!'

For we are God's workmanship, created in Christ Jesus to do good works,
which God prepared in advance for us to do. -Ephesians 2:10
Past member of the orginal "Off-Topic Trio"!
Proud owner of an AoM alpha VIP!
Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco

[This message has been edited by Evil Dragon (edited 07-09-2002 @ 04:05 PM).]

izzy
Mortal
(id: Ballista_Turtle)
posted 09 July 2002 04:05 PM EDT (US)     15 / 53       
Here's a war story:

-Out of Sync-

~Izzy|HG Angel |Since August 2000~
~INTL|HeavenGames~
<('.')>
phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 04:08 PM EDT (US)     16 / 53       
plan of a game...like say a recorded game, you can see what eveyone else is doing..that is how it should be...you telling what everyone is doing
Icehammer
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 04:25 PM EDT (US)     17 / 53       

Quote:

Here's a war story:
-Out of Sync-

My favorite so far, hehe.

¥--Icehammer--¥
ESO Name: LKS_Icehammer
Enter if you dare....
SoR_Anarchy
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 04:26 PM EDT (US)     18 / 53       
i'll judge.

God Bless America.

I am the state.

phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 04:27 PM EDT (US)     19 / 53       
Contact me if you want to judge, just tell me who you are and I'll add you to the list...we have 2 judges so the stories can continue!
petard_rusher
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 04:51 PM EDT (US)     20 / 53       
NOTE: This is a copy of a warstory from another thread.

I do beleive I could tell a different tale .
(WARNING: EVEN EXTREMELY LONGER!)
Same teams, same minor gods, cept Poseidon gets Artemis not Hephastus.
Poseiden and Zeus start the fastest since they have 3 vils instead of 2, but Ra quickly catches up and surpasses their eco due to empowerment of his tc. Neither Zeus nor Ra is scouting very well (Ra especially is nearly blind, but he concentrates on economy). Poseidon pops off Animal Magnet fairly quick, between the two of them, they are planning to let the animals slowly be drawn in and then double them with Odin's gp. Odin however has problems already. Since he is opposite Zeus Zeus has varied his Minotaur Rush a bit and due to some quick scouting (right after he finds his resources) he manages to kill Odin's only Oxcart about 6 minutes in (he was using 1 for wood and food). Odin produces another but for about a min he is getting no vils and little resources. Even with the extra food from his gp (which he has to build another cart and walk fairly far to get), he is still behind Zeus to Classical. On the other side of the map Ra's empowerment has built him a hefty villager lead, though Poseidon's extra food keeps him in the game economically, however Poseidon's massive scouting has revealed to him many areas capable of being rushed.

Zeus and Poseidon Classical first, Zeus has been prepping for a Minotaur rush, meaning he built a temple, scouted Odin out with his Pegasus, and has many vils praying. A forward camp consisting of Athena's temple and a rax goes up and the Mintotaurs start to come. Odin is now Classical and one of his ravens hovers over Zeus' camp, revealing his entire strategy. Odin desperately creates Ulfsarks and Hersirs but Zeus is already attacking, his Minotaurs ravaging a lumber camp while his villies begin to tower it up. However a wave of hersirs crush the minotaurs, teaching the Zeus player not to rely too much on MUs. Zeus immediately builds Hoplites and archers, shifting away from favor and onto gold. Odin's economy is damaged but the military lead is his as his Ulsarks converge on and crush the lone Greek tower.

Meanwhile quick strikes by Poseidon's cavalry are wreaking havoc on Ra's base, however with 3 priests and a pharoah empowering the resources are literally rolling in. Also Ra chooses this moment to do Rain, knowing that the enemies are still relying on their massive amounts of hunting instead of farming. Towers go up around Ra's town protected by hordes of cheap spears, after his base is secure Ra strikes back. A small horde of slingers and spearmen (think a flush army in AoC), gaurded by 3 wadjets, advances on Poseidon's town, but they are wittled away and finally annhiliated by quick Centaur/cavalry strikes. The mounted horde begins to smash Ra's eco but RA quickly uses shifted sands to send them to a remote island while he goes to the Heroic Age.

Ra quickly captures a forward settlement and Citadel's it, then to add insult to injury he starts on a forward Migdol, gaurded by Wadjet's slingers and spearmen, all of which he now upgrades to their Heroic equivalent. Unfortunately at this time Poseidon's army returns, now also upgraded and added on to by heavy Heroic age cavalry. The Migdol is stopped at 75% completness but the Citadel defies all attempts at attack. Ra quickly builds a Migdol in his base and switches to a combo of chariot archers and spearmen, backed by a small group of scarabs.

Meanwhile a series of increasingly heavy infantry battles (supported by TAs and archers) between Zeus and Odin are fianlly won by Zeus, even Odin's self healing is no match for the restorative effects of Athena's gp, Restoration, which he casts on his damaged forward camp and battered army in the midst of the battle. Both sides use this time to up to the Heroic Age. Odin immediately beings with the Jarl production, supplementing them with a hefty supply of TAs and 2 massive Mountain Giants, however Zeus uses this time to grab 2 nearby settlements and then build a matching army constisting mainly of Hoplites, with 3 Hydras and his 3 heroes in tow. Odin however, has walled in (albeit with weak Norse walls), and put a hill fort right behind them), and shifted his TAs and jarls to attack RA's now vulnerable econ. Zeus' Pegaus sees this but instead of going to help his ally he launches an immediate attack with every unit he has, the first hill fort falls quickly and Zeus keeps throwing more Hydras and hopolites into the battle, also sending in now the remenants of his Minotaur army. However Both the enemies see the danger and respond with massive force. Odins Mountain Giants stand alone against the tide while wave after wave of infantry hacks them to no avail, though they are eventually brought down by the heroes they have bought the time needed for waves of Jarls and Greek cav to crush the attack and annhiliate Zeus' forward camp. Ra manages to drive off the TAs which are still raiding his town and all the players, sit back, lick their wounds, and go up to the Mythic Age.

Zeus is really pulling in the favor now, massing a wave of Hydras and Medusas, backed by Catapults and hordes of infantry, to finally crush Odin once and for all. RA has *roached* all over the map and uses this huge pop limit to create a horde of Avengers and back then with elephants, cav archers, and a veritable horde of cheap spearmen. Ra double walls in and they prepare to crush the Odin player. However their enemies are ready. Jarls and Ulfsarks have been fully upgraded and procured in large numbers (though nothing like the advancing hordes), also an elite group on 5 Fire Giants and 4 Mountain Gaints are on stand-by. Backing this is Poseiden's army, (one change here though, Poseidon has Artemis not Hephastus). Chimera and Hydra form a long row of multiheaded power, while cavalry and archers stand behind. The battle commences with a hurl of gps, a tornado smashes through Odin's mortal units, killing many of the Ulfsarks and damaging the jarls. Odin, seeing the danger, calls a Ragnorak and prapares for the finaly battle, to buy him time to mass his new forces Poseiden calls down an earthquake, throwing Zeus' army to the ground and badly injuring his mortal unit, however his massive MU horde is still advancing, only to be met by wave after wave of Hersirs, the remenants of Odins economy. Zeus pulls back his MUs, casts Bronze on his mortals and sends them in, the Hoplites grind the Hersirs to a standstill, though getting themselves badly hurt in the proccess, then the Gaints and a large group of trees procured with Njord's GP tear into his forces, the injured mortals are no match and are dispatched quickly, however as Odin's army is backed up while killing the hydras, arrows and catapult stones pummel them, and Odins elite forces are slowly killed or turned to stone. Poseidon launches a desperate cavalry charge which cuts though Ras mortal units, however a lightning storm cast by Zeus nearly annhilates his army and his MUs come forwards to slow, to be met and cut down by the Avengers and the remanents of RAs mortal army. Then both Zeus and Ra turn to Poseidens town and, after a brief Ceasefire in which Poseidon is only able to procure a dozen more cavalry units, quickly crush his town with massed amries, catauplts, and scarabs; Odin tries desperately to rebuild his shattered economy but he has almost nothing left when his ally resigns, so he too calls it quits.

PS: If you don't think AoM battles can be epic read the last paragraph.

AgeofMe
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 04:53 PM EDT (US)     21 / 53       
I'll judge pr2, but I only have E-mail.

You know that newbie you played who insisted
on Black Forest? Who dragged you out on a 6 hour
long game without once attacking?
Hi
Proud member of the FPH clan.
Proud Winner of Dare's first funny sig award.
phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 04:59 PM EDT (US)     22 / 53       
Ok you can put as many stories as you want
age of me e-mail me and give me your name in the e-mail!

Alexandergreat3
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 05:01 PM EDT (US)     23 / 53       
Arrgghh... your war stories are making me even more hungry for the real thing . Me hungry, and me want Alpha
petard_rusher
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 05:26 PM EDT (US)     24 / 53       
I'll judge em.

*gives self 10*
*leaves*

btw who is pr2? me = pr simply because me has been here longer and had this name longer.

phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 06:08 PM EDT (US)     25 / 53       
hey petard when did you get the nickname pr?
Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 06:11 PM EDT (US)     26 / 53       
pr2= phantom_rider2. Duh!!

pr= petard_rusher. Obviously....

Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco
phantom_rider
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 06:14 PM EDT (US)     27 / 53       
anyone want to play on the zone?
I'm bored
Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 06:18 PM EDT (US)     28 / 53       
I would, just like I told Gwahir at KoRT, but only have AoK, not AoC (Sarik said he'd never heard it called AoC before ).

Also, I suck horribly. I can't beat the comp on moderate. If you don't mind a real easy game and you have AoK I can play ya.

Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco
petard_rusher
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 06:21 PM EDT (US)     29 / 53       
Ah he has a 2 after his name heh he shall forever be pr2 then!
When did I get this nick? July/August 2000, about 2 years ago, at least on the zone, not sure when I got it here, prolly about October that same year.
Evil Dragon
Mortal
posted 09 July 2002 06:23 PM EDT (US)     30 / 53       
You live in Chatanooga! Wow I live sorta close to you! Neat!

It's been 5 minutes p_r2! Can you play or not??

Drummers Rock!

FPH | AoM Fropco
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames