You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.42 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Poll: Should RC be Nerfed
Bottom
Topic Subject:Poll: Should RC be Nerfed
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
rebel_hunter47
Mortal
posted 10 August 2003 12:13 PM EDT (US)         
I think that they should leave them as is but would like to kow what you think.
Say yes or no, why, and if so how would you change them.
poll ends on 8/16.

[This message has been edited by rebel_hunter47 (edited 08-10-2003 @ 12:16 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
BsK_RagnaroK
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 02:03 AM EDT (US)     26 / 42       
YESSSSS, those bitches should be nerfed for sure

Make those overpower bitches with
Taken 160 pop slot
Cost 1 Food
1337 Attack
99%hack armor
99%piece armor
9999HP

Now you got the boost for the already overpower focker, are you happy now?

Hohoho.
Thors_hammer_256
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 01:44 AM EDT (US)     27 / 42       
I certainly hope that was not directed at me.

you know if you people spent your time playing the game improving your strategy and your skill, you wouldn't waste time on these forums complaining about units you think are overpowered because you cant beat them.
you cant beat the rc because the enemy is wise and masses them in great numbers ANYTHING IS HARD TO BEAT WHEN IN GREAT NUMBERS SO STOP SOOKING.
if you played wise and used many of the counters and micromanaged, then you would probably not do so bad, they are definately not overpowered, otherwise they would be able to take on there counters in small numbers and ofcourse they cant. have you ever tried raiding with 4 rc's? let me tell you it doesnt work, they get killed by villagers! you need at least 8.

but honestly you go right ahead and waste away your life on these forums saying I CANT BEAT THE RC IT IS TOO POWERFUL instead of enjoying yourself playing the game. thats why its a game, because its not 1+1=2.

[This message has been edited by Thors_hammer_256 (edited 08-14-2003 @ 01:45 AM).]

AoM_LM
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 01:58 AM EDT (US)     28 / 42       
NO. I think i've said it all
bad_mood_dude
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 03:21 AM EDT (US)     29 / 42       
i think that the price should be increased and there should be a tech that makes the price normal again. I think that the hack armor should be decreased as well.

~*Bad_Mood_Dude*~

ESO: badmooddude

Ekanta
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 05:40 AM EDT (US)     30 / 42       
I think hipps should cost 70 food and 70 gold, thats what they do for their price.

[This message has been edited by Ekanta (edited 08-14-2003 @ 05:40 AM).]

IX_Chimera
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 06:01 AM EDT (US)     31 / 42       
i think not many of you play at a high enough level to know what why etc they cant be nerfed(no offence) it would kill odin completley thor and loki have uber ulfs wtf does odin have? seriously what does odin have so drastic? thundering hooves whoppee do you can just see the top 100 crammed full of odin players cant you?.

set isis yep thats right ISIS these two dominate the top spots so why the **** nerf rc even more? jarls took a hit fair enough they needed it. tas? why the hell nerf tas? norse have taken tuning after tuning patch after patch they are balanced!

i think one could go as far as say odin and loki are underpowered! yes mock do what you want truth is odin and loki are not that great at all. thor? lol look at him he can go freyja-awesome rc then bragi-awesome ulfs then tyr-husks and ulfs again. now thats a line plus he rox on water maps. theres a lot of imbalances in the game atm rc are not one of them especially odin hes half dead as it is

TonyMontana
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 07:52 AM EDT (US)     32 / 42       

wtf ??? Odin half dead hmmmmmmmmmmm........NO

What does Odin have other than RC's

1) Uber early econ (20% hunt bonus)

2) Best scouting in game (other than maybe set)

3) Best norse in heroic (even with Bragi ulfs)

oh and uber classical cav

how do u figure he is nearly dead ???

futurehermit
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 09:16 AM EDT (US)     33 / 42       
odin also has skadi axemen that make short work of thor/loki infantry.

fh

Thors_hammer_256
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 01:43 AM EDT (US)     34 / 42       
you cant say odin has both good njord jarls and skadi tas at the same time. they are both heroic minor gods.

plus this is norse we are talking about NOT just odin.

i dont know why you people are obsessed with nerfing hack armour 15% hack armour!! thats almost as pathetic as 5% pierce armour. 105 hp, thats barely over 100, which should be a standard for all cavalry seeming that they are on a horse. i personally dont see a problem the real reason WHY they should be nerfed has not yet become clear to me, all i hear is 'THEY ARE TOO STRONG, odin has enoguh bonuses, loki has enoguh bonuses'. how many people play thor? honeslty they've made a, so called 'noobie' civ out of him. well i dont think he is but many people do. and they've also done it to loki. any decent eggy player can easily hold off rcs in the classical, it happens to me all the time.
just play the game and be patient i say. I'm sure the ESO people will listen to the complaining freaks as they did before when they nerfed the jarl. so dont worry im sure youll see a dfference when they release the expansion. they nerfed the jarl and i stil play odin, but if they nerf the RC so many people will be turned off him. he will have no chance in the classical. no will any other norse. why dont you say 'nerf the hippikon its too strong!'

IX_Chimera
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 05:55 AM EDT (US)     35 / 42       
omg....

this is rediculos im gonna rush someone with hersir and ulfs see how that works out...

or an all ta rush yay lets get slaughtered bt everything.

you dont get it do you in heroic rc are all norse got vs greek and eggys. what else we gonna do? make tas? slingers weeeee much cheaper all tas dead. ulfs? haha axemen chew em up as do tox. ow tas vs greeks yeah good idea so they can make tox and hipps yeah great plan :S jesus rc are fine its all they got!

Fenrir_Achilles
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 08:21 AM EDT (US)     36 / 42       
the only friggen reason you want to nerf them is because u cant get good enough to beat us good norse players!
Spy_Lord
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 11:56 AM EDT (US)     37 / 42       
Yeah, think outside the box you greeks! (actually I play them too) There is a part of the game called defense. Please do not go on believeing that you can have map control in the whole of classical AND heroic with no challenge from a norse army, and that makes the game balanced. Try defending for once. Make hops for once in your life, they are very good counter and all-round units now. Speed? Don't matter much for defense. Basically, upgrade towers, stick some hops near gold/wood, go heroic, and you should have an extremely good chance to win. If you don't you are truly an inferior player to your opponent.
futurehermit
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 03:06 PM EDT (US)     38 / 42       
pfft, norse players telling greek about playing defense. while in the same breath likely being upset about having to play defensive vs. set!

why don't norse make ulf/tax cuz ranged units own them.

why don't greek make hoplites? because tax own them... so make tox... k, so now i'm playing defensively, which we all no = defeat in aom.

that's how i played one of my clanmates the other day. i went defensive with hop/tox and yes, no problem i held off his raids. then he went heroic before me and built hillforts around my base and spammed jarls and rams = gg.

thanks for your suggestion.

fh

IX_Chimera
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 04:46 PM EDT (US)     39 / 42       
hermit what rate are you at? cos ffs you play defensive you are gonna hit heroic first... unless your massing hops then you go second but if youve massed ne type of unit you should be offensive defending allows you to hit heroic first thats the whole point of it!

plz your rate.....

Thors_hammer_256
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 05:50 PM EDT (US)     40 / 42       
thats not true future hermit, sometimes a good defense really discourages enemy raiding giving you a better chance at economy because your not constantly using it on making troops. greeks are probably the only one who can afford to do this, or maybe Isis.
anyway i wont go into that. I play norse mainly and i agree, its not hard for greeks at all to beat norse, MAKE HOPLITES as someone has already suggested. if they want to start nerfing the nose would be the last to get their units nerfed, in fact....tell me if im wrong but i believe norse units are the only ones ever to get nerfed! or at least more than any other civ.
Higher_Force
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 05:59 PM EDT (US)     41 / 42       
Futurehermit, wtf are you talking about??

Defense vs Set= DEATH

Against him a norse has to go nasty screamin' offensive or they won't win.

"He who fails to seek, seeks to fail"

--Menion (member of the NoFx Clan)

IX_Chimera
Mortal
posted 15 August 2003 06:32 PM EDT (US)     42 / 42       
thats why i wanna know his rate lol cos hes talking one hella lot a trash
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames