You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Strategy Discussion

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.33 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Poll: Worst Classical MU
Bottom
Topic Subject:Poll: Worst Classical MU
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
mummy9011
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 01:49 AM EDT (US)         
My GP polls are now over! This is my new poll: worst classical MU. Please state why you think it is your least favorite? most useless MU.
This is my vote: Wadjet. Not really strong against other Classical myth units. Also needs meat shields to be effective.
AuthorReplies:
Lytes
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 01:57 AM EDT (US)     1 / 33       
Troll: Slow, low hp and armor
lifeofluxury12
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 02:00 AM EDT (US)     2 / 33       
troll: slow and sux- but bright side is he's practically a ranged hero with the myth unit bonus..

|My Site|Recs|SaM|-Fenrir_Ghost - Matches - Challenge Me
I am life.I am luxury.I am the envy, that brings such ugly.I dont have a two-way, nor a cell-phone.My thoughts do not touch yourself alone.I am society.I strive to be the positive inside me.My opinion's are lively, used to describe me.Look at your negative, and how you live it.Dismiss the explicit in your mind and visit the bright side of community, and how you enrich it.
I am the Luxuries of Life, therefor my Life is Luxury
OutThere
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 02:55 AM EDT (US)     3 / 33       
Worst=Troll: their special sucks and so does their upgrade.
The_eX_treme
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 03:20 AM EDT (US)     4 / 33       
troll...
ArtemisChimera
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 04:51 AM EDT (US)     5 / 33       
I'd say Wadjet. Trolls are really hard to kill without a hero because they just heal as soon as they hit your human units.

ESO user name - ChimeraArtemis
Rating - 1662
Favourite Major Gods - Isis, Gaia, Hades, Loki

Creator of the Egyptian Myth Unit Guides - Phoenix, Wadjet, Scorpion Man, Scarab
And the Atlantean Myth Unit Guides: Stymphalian Bird, Satyr, Lampades Heka-Gigantes, Man O'War

Tordenskiold
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 05:01 AM EDT (US)     6 / 33       
Wadjet or Sphinx.

Reason: The Wadjet is just too weak and the Sphinx cost too much favour to be really effective in classical.

TORDENSKIOLD(1690-1720)

During the Great Nordic War (1700-1720), he was commander of the danish navy, which defeaded the swedish army at Kristiania (modern Oslo). After the war, he was killed in a duel on Nov. 12, 1720 just outside Hamburg, Germany, during a travel to England.

ESO: TORDENSKIOLD
NIB
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 05:39 AM EDT (US)     7 / 33       

Quote:

the Sphinx cost too much favour to be really effective in classical.

Do a set bo and you will have enough favor to get sphinx which are good raiders too.

Set bo = As soon as the game starts get a monument with your 2 villagers+pharaoh. Once you hit the aging button, get the second monument up.

Eggies dont have problems with favor. The 2 fist monuments are enough to get you plenty sphinx on classical.

Wadjests are the worst mu simple cause they suck as much as trolls but unlike trolls, they dont get a multiplier against mus.

ESO name : Relaxing

Eisai ellinas? Tote ela sto www.noobwars.gr.

[This message has been edited by NIB (edited 08-12-2003 @ 05:41 AM).]

LutherX
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 12:54 PM EDT (US)     8 / 33       
Is Poseidon's naval mu available in Classical? If so then there's my vote. Who needs a naval scout? Even a fishing ship is better, because then at least he can gather food.

If not, I'll go with the Wadjet. Trolls may suck but it's the best thing to a ranged hero that the Norse get, and the only pierce damage unit until Mythic when they get the ballista.

wcuff
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 01:02 PM EDT (US)     9 / 33       
I play Isis and Ra and IMO Sphinx are OK as a meatshield and Ok at taking out buildings or towers if necessary but not that good at fighting units. Wadjets are better actulally.. they cost less res and favor and do way more dmg than shpinx.. when massed they can win a battle for you.

worst = Troll

ESO = Tribulation, Gr8_Tribulation
Sexy_DeaN
Banned
posted 12 August 2003 01:03 PM EDT (US)     10 / 33       
pos naval myth is the best in the game value for money, it's free and in archaic
emo
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 02:01 PM EDT (US)     11 / 33       
wadjets... They die quite easily...

We began to talk more and more about less and less...

ESO Name: Vagabond_Kanta

Missilez_Inc
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 06:44 PM EDT (US)     12 / 33       
Wadjet
Bazz Lightyear
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 06:57 PM EDT (US)     13 / 33       
ehm... why do wadjets suck actually??
if you look at the stats they're pritty good... :s

though I never use them cause it's said they suck.
trolls are ok

hmm... worst I think it is the wadjet

Sulphent
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 07:03 PM EDT (US)     14 / 33       
It's a shame the wadjets arn't used more often, hopefully the will be with the next upcoming patch

Computer games don't affect kids; I mean if Pac-Man affected us as kids, we'd all be running around in darkened rooms, munching magic pills and listening to repetitive electronic music. - Kristian Wilson, Nintendo, Inc, 1989
Pipalonias
Mortal
posted 12 August 2003 07:56 PM EDT (US)     15 / 33       
Wadjets are fine, I used to use em all the time as Set, now I'm stuck with the sphinx.... in my opinion, he's just not worth it for 120 food early on and 20 favour... I could use the favour for the woodcutting tech or the farming tech instead.... or the food for 2 spearman.
Sentinel_CM
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 00:34 AM EDT (US)     16 / 33       
Hey! i made EXACTLY the same thread.

worst is minotaur

celtz888
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 02:49 AM EDT (US)     17 / 33       
Why minotaur???? PLease give me an answer for that lol. A special that does like 80 dmg and sends an opponent flying
they are TANKS
They get a 3x vs Myth

what the hells wrong with that ??

ESO - Prtn_md , SeXy_as_sin
Odin,Pos,Isis
New England represening
mummy9011
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 05:51 AM EDT (US)     18 / 33       
take a look:
Centaur: 0
Minotaur: 1
Cyclopes: 0
Wadjet: 8
Anudite: 0
Sphinx: 1
Valkyrie: 0
Einherjar: 0
Troll: 5
Looks like wadjet is the worst mu by now. keep your votes comin'!
The Jackal
Mortal
posted 13 August 2003 08:22 PM EDT (US)     19 / 33       
I'm going to go way off to the left and pick Cyclops as the worst Classical Unit. He's wildly spendy, incredibly slow, and he seems determined to walk around battles being hit trying to use his special on some turd in the back row. Also, the animation for said special takes an eternity, more time for him to sit around getting pounded.

I'm actually a big fan of both the Troll and the Wadjet, simply because they're so cheap. Wood is the fastest-gathering resource, so you can easily throw in a troll/wadjet or two in an attack force, and boost your combat power significantly. While your other units cause mayhem, these guys make a mince of stray villies and units, and as others have pointed out, if you're facing Nidhogg or Phoenixes, you're going to be begging for trolls to step in and bat cleanup.

LoneWolf1
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 02:03 AM EDT (US)     20 / 33       
Mummy, no one mentioned minotaurs as worst classical MU. Someone said that Trolls heal as they dmg. THat`s true, but did you know that Wedjets regenerate themselves even if they don`t attack. I think it is 1HP/second.

Every MU is bad if they are used alone. If you have the right meatshield, then both wedjets and trolls are quite useful. I have to say Cyclops` because they are expansive, and I would rather 2 minataurs instead of one cyclops.

1 Cyclops = 180F 28Fa
2 Minotaurs= 300F 32 Fa

Favour-wise 2 upgraded minotaurs are better than one Cyclops. My vote goes to Cyclops for being too damn expansive.

Proud Member of the FANG CLAN
ESO NAMES:LoneWolf1, Stryder1, RazorFang
Contact me from LoneWolf1_@hotmail.com

I'm Turkish and proud of it

mummy9011
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 05:41 AM EDT (US)     21 / 33       
well, Sentinel_CM's vote is minotaur.
Slogo
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 07:38 AM EDT (US)     22 / 33       
Trolls and wadjets are incredibly useful I find.

Throw some RC backed by Trolls/TA at another norse and you'll get great results. Norse have a ton of trouble countering ranged MUs.

Worst MU overall: I say the sphinx. A versitile unit all around but it doesn't excel enough at anything and it costs a lot of favor to get a few upgraded ones out there.

Runner up would be the cyclops. Zeus doesn't get him so he isn't massable. Pos has no use for him as Hermes is a much better choice, and centaurs are good raiders for pos to use with hipps. Hades may go the route but won't be able to gather favor for more than 1-2 of them generally.

KRool
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 08:17 AM EDT (US)     23 / 33       
Wadjets!

Trolls are useful as ranged heroes and early piercing units (example - vs egypt and he has Axeman).
Sphinxes are very good with their high speed for base raiding, being able to take down vills and recourse dropoff points pretty fast.

Just Wadjets have one crucial drawback: My towers move faster!!!

K.Rool,
Master of unnecessary knowledge...
Holy_Punk
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 08:21 AM EDT (US)     24 / 33       
The worst MU is mummy. To be more precise - mummy9011.

Holy Punk.

[This message has been edited by Holy_Punk (edited 08-14-2003 @ 08:21 AM).]

GermanSpy
Mortal
posted 14 August 2003 06:24 PM EDT (US)     25 / 33       
I think the worst classical myth unit is a ceniter. They are not very powerfuleygptian or greek units, they would be at least afictive againest norse, otherwise they suk!
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames