Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.38 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Two best Combo
Bottom
Topic Subject:Two best Combo
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SeaSerpant
Mortal
posted 03 May 2004 10:15 PM EDT (US)         
if you had a partner what would be the best combo. Im just wondering what the best combo would be. Overall. My personal Opnion is Loki and Odin. Odins ravens would make up for Lokis poor scouting. Or on the other hand it could be Thor and Isis. But i just want to know your personal opinion.
AuthorReplies:
metroid888
Mortal
posted 03 May 2004 11:52 PM EDT (US)     1 / 38       
Um, for god power combos, Isis and Isis. One ancestors+eclipse followed by another ancestors+eclipse=gg. Of course supported by Egypts super OP midgol units. lol
bischoje
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 01:03 AM EDT (US)     2 / 38       
metroid, why not just have both Isis players cast ancestors, then one of them casts eclipse. This would give you an extra plague of serpents you could toss in at the same time.
choda
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 01:25 AM EDT (US)     3 / 38       
ya i might say Isis Isis

in mythic toast one TC to the ground with

ansestors ansestors + eclipse
then meteor + meteor

the whole place would be in ruin ....
all farms gone all buildings gone
you would most likely blow a hole in the map

with one eclipse left for a titan take out

plus if isis players built enough momuments you probably wouldn't even be able to use god powers in yer own base

[This message has been edited by choda (edited 05-04-2004 @ 01:26 AM).]

Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 01:39 AM EDT (US)     4 / 38       
Monuments only protecs vs ENEMY GPs

If you´re gonna double anc, try Set+Isis.. Vision+Shifting siege+anc+anc+ecl..

Akenaton SunLord
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 11:43 AM EDT (US)     5 / 38       
Jonny: I think he ment they couldn't use GP's in there base.
MR2 Pilot
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 01:24 PM EDT (US)     6 / 38       
Isis & Isis is tough, also a double Loki rush is really bad news.

FAILURE is not an option, it comes bundled with the software.
The graduate with a science degree asks, "Why does it work ?"
The graduate with an engineering degree asks, "How does it work ?"
The graduate with an accounting degree asks, "How much will it cost ?"
The graduate with an arts degree asks, "Do you want fries with that ?"
Great minds discuss ideas; Average minds discuss events; Small minds discuss people.
metroid888
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 08:25 PM EDT (US)     7 / 38       
You wouldn't use both at the same time cause they might resign if you have done enough damage after the first. Also if you use them one at a time you could devastate and destroy their forward base, then move in and kill their main base, as they could likely start making military at their base and the ancestors might not be able to walk that far. Also you could use them for a nice fun raid.
WILHELM_II
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 09:06 PM EDT (US)     8 / 38       
Oranos + Oranos = 6x shockwave, 2x Tartarian gate, 2X chaos... bye bye :P

FAC ID
RazyCay
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 09:50 PM EDT (US)     9 / 38       
Chaos sucks, and it takes time to recharge.

~RaZyCaY~

I told my psychiatrist that everyone hates me. He said I was being ridiculous Everyone hasn't met me yet

Amon_Ra121
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 11:02 PM EDT (US)     10 / 38       

Quote:

Oranos + Oranos = 6x shockwave, 2x Tartarian gate, 2X chaos... bye bye :P

These god powers don't effect each other, they are all independant. Isis and Isis is a better one because of 2 Ancestors/Eclipse, that is very strong.

Tahattus 2
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 11:09 PM EDT (US)     11 / 38       
Yeah, atlantean god powers are too weak. isis combo is too much... keep the 2nd eclipse to the titans is just too much. But explain something to me: why cast eclipse to the minions? Once i casted, and nothing special happened. I have some good combos:
Flaming weapons+ceasefire
Frost+ceasefire

seriously...
I think that implode and shockwave go very nice together.

--- Twelve encarnations of evil attacked Earth in the last 12000 years. The elves have foreseen that another one will do the same. Tahattus is the 13º encarnation of evil, the last one, and battling against him will change all the rules about the things... --- Zumas Poéticas, 2300 B. C.

[This message was probably messed up by any of the moderators! (edited 06-26-2004 @ 02:16 PM).]

Counter_Master
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 11:20 PM EDT (US)     12 / 38       
minions are a MU. Therefore, they get a bonus from eclipse. If that doesn't heppen in your game, then yours is screwed.

.o.o Counter_Master o.o.
Independent Scenario Designer
Current Project: Alexandria
I don't got time for pain! The only pain I got time for is the pain I put on fools who don't know what time it is!' --- Terry Tate

metroid888
Mortal
posted 04 May 2004 11:22 PM EDT (US)     13 / 38       
Read the guide to egyptian god powers to see how much it boosts the minions. Plus, it blocks out any pesky god powers that would cancel the minions, such as ceasefire, frost, and so on. Also, I don't have the titans, this is a strategy for vanilla. (not really sure why its called vanilla but whatever.) :-)
kmac
Mortal
posted 05 May 2004 03:41 PM EDT (US)     14 / 38       
im pretty sure that eciplse on effects your MUs, and not your ally's

http://nervenexus.com/eso/eso_stats.php?ESOName=kmacattack3&gametype=Supremacy&timeperiod=AllTime
TitanicWarrior
Mortal
posted 05 May 2004 03:52 PM EDT (US)     15 / 38       
with a double oranos you could do a double vortex to the enemy base, then apply a double shockwave so you get those extra few seconds. not bad eh?.

TitanicWarrior

ipso
Mortal
posted 05 May 2004 03:55 PM EDT (US)     16 / 38       
i think it affects both, as it blocks. i dunno why thats a good reason, but hey.

isis double ancestors are lethal- you can double fh one of them, then use double ancestors to fend off the other one when he attacks.

kmac
Mortal
posted 05 May 2004 05:20 PM EDT (US)     17 / 38       
I would think Zeus and Isis.... You can cast ancestors....then bronze, then restoration...and then cast eclipse quickly...then you have restoring ancestors surrounded by uber armoured human units, who are restoring...then cast eclpise to uber-fy the ancestor minions. can you say gg?

http://nervenexus.com/eso/eso_stats.php?ESOName=kmacattack3&gametype=Supremacy&timeperiod=AllTime
Regalto
Mortal
posted 05 May 2004 06:15 PM EDT (US)     18 / 38       
I have one. Its not as grandiose as urs r, but itas good 4 ur econ, which none of those r. Also, this one has nothing to do w/ gps so u can do it alot.
ITs with an attie and an Isis (or any other eggy)
The isi goes over and builds farms for the attie, and lets them take them over. It avoids the exorbidant cost.
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 05 May 2004 08:37 PM EDT (US)     19 / 38       
2 Sets for basically the same reason as for two lokis. While one archaic animal rush wont finish someone off, two animal rushes at the same time probably will (if the map permits). With one guy out or basically dead in archaic you can just FH take all the tc's and win. This also allows for two ancestors (although without the eclipse) and two meteors as well as two plague of serpents to stop any rush.

[This message has been edited by lessthanjakeman9 (edited 05-05-2004 @ 08:39 PM).]

Orion_Tok
Mortal
(id: Sp3ctre)
posted 05 May 2004 09:26 PM EDT (US)     20 / 38       
Animals are too lame to do a rush. THe enemy could just garrison in their TC and arrow fire will kill all the animals. A kick ass combo is...

Vision+Shifting Sands+Seige OVER THE enemy lines. This 'leapfrog' enables you to completely own a TC, and then to finish it off, use TORNADO on his military buildings. I did this and his units had to run back through his buildings, so Tornado wiped out EVERYTHING. I also killed about 4 lame-ass Cheiroballistas, which was the best part!

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 05 May 2004 10:10 PM EDT (US)     21 / 38       
well on a map like watering hole i can have 6 rhinos, 6 lions, 3 elephants, 3 hyenas, 2 gazelles, 10-12 apes and 2 hippos at 6 minutes (using a couple of priests converting). Two times that for a 2v2 game would rock. Imagine being hit with 12 rhinos 12 lions 6 elephants 6 hyenas 4 gazelle 20-24 apes and 4 hippos at 6 minutes. Youd be dead easily. Ok maybe i could only have that amount of animals closer to 7 minutes when hed have an army already but 2 plague of serpents will take of that.
jereth2
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 11:59 AM EDT (US)     22 / 38       
Also, if they'v garrisoned inside the TC, isn't that just as good? Their not gathering resources, so they are just as good as dead. Just pull the animals back out of TC range, sit and wait. If they come out, chase em back...

Meanwhil, FH, build army, kill enemy, gg...

Orion_Tok
Mortal
(id: Sp3ctre)
posted 06 May 2004 01:02 PM EDT (US)     23 / 38       
^Nice point^ although that huge amount of animals seems unrealistic. I'll take you word for it though, but think about the pop space that will take. I'd rather keep all those animals for food (especially the elephants) and have a proper army that isn't countered by villagers!

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
ipso
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 01:33 PM EDT (US)     24 / 38       
best uses for animals: finding resource gathering villies (gold ^_^) or for confusion in an army. past that, their useless IMO.

also, the thing about making farms for your allie is a really good idea, it could work fo reggy, too, with 70 gold being alot, but 70 wood, not .

woo, i rhymed with out realising. that felt good

Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 01:39 PM EDT (US)     25 / 38       
The farming thing is great, however, its a glitch really, and will prolly be fixed.
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames