Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.38 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Two best Combo
Bottom
Topic Subject:Two best Combo
« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
SeaSerpant
Mortal
posted 03 May 2004 10:15 PM EDT (US)         
if you had a partner what would be the best combo. Im just wondering what the best combo would be. Overall. My personal Opnion is Loki and Odin. Odins ravens would make up for Lokis poor scouting. Or on the other hand it could be Thor and Isis. But i just want to know your personal opinion.
AuthorReplies:
ipso
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 01:41 PM EDT (US)     26 / 38       
isnt it kind of a bonus for when you take a town in 2v2? you can farm your enemies old farms
FlipSickle
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 01:54 PM EDT (US)     27 / 38       
I use it all the time since I play Oranos and my cousin plays thor. I give him 500 wood or so and he just puts down a shitload of farms which only cost him 75 wood each and attie farms cost 200 wood each thats a HUGE difference!
Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 02:40 PM EDT (US)     28 / 38       
Yea... then theres the nasty, nasty farm deletion (you dont get the enemy farm until youve sent a vill there, in addition waypointing them there from the nearby tc will just make the tc fire at them) - you can just delete all your farms to keep the enemy from them, you always have los and they wont get 20 vills in there in 5 secs..

But taking enemy farms would require effort, atties farming on cheap ally farms is a glitch. Its like if they would get favor from ally settlements too or so.

Regalto
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 02:47 PM EDT (US)     29 / 38       
I dont think its really worth it to fix. Theyd have to change the stuff, but its not used alot and wouldnt make their effort wothwhile. On the other hand, in everyone starts using that, they might make a point to change it.
ipso
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 02:48 PM EDT (US)     30 / 38       
i see what you mean, but how would it be fixed wihout losing the ability to steal enemy farms? at least its not the kind of bug that people really complain about.
Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 03:24 PM EDT (US)     31 / 38       
People prolly dont complain about it since its only in team games, and few team games are played with coordinated strats.. IMO what should be done to farms is that they should belong to the player with nearby units (like sheep) so that you can capture them. Also you shouldnt be able to use allyīs farms, that wouldnt affect the ablility to take enemy farms.. its the same as hesperides for example, you cant get it from your ally AFAIK ive tried

[This message has been edited by Johnny_Deppig (edited 05-06-2004 @ 03:25 PM).]

ca_aok
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 03:46 PM EDT (US)     32 / 38       
The farm thing isnt a glitch... it was purposely put into the game :/

|Ca_aok|HG Seraph wannabe|
|{ca_aok@hotmail.com}|
|{ESO2: [EEX] ca_aok}|
O-- Member of EEX, and former member of LKS --O
In the Darkness, there is Light, in the Old, there is New.
From the Void a New Star rises, Shining down for Me and You.
lessthanjakeman9
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 03:52 PM EDT (US)     33 / 38       
See i think that most of sets animals become useless very early on because of their high pop cost. So they need to be used very early when pop doesnt matter as much (although you should always use crocs). So an early archaic rush can severely hurt your opponent without any cost to you. However i think that two of them can beat an opponent completely. You will have enough animals that their vills will lose a battle to you and you will have enough animals that buildigns will go down like nothing (one great thing about animals is that they can bunch up and you will have like 20 of the hacking at a house from the exact same place). And yeah that animal count may sound a bit far fetched but i had like 3-4 priests out converting and the first monument up right away with the second coming soon after.
Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 04:33 PM EDT (US)     34 / 38       

Quote:

The farm thing isnt a glitch... it was purposely put into the game :/

Huh? how do you know that? itīs a glitch, since farms have had essentially the same cost for all civs, theres no reason not to be able to farm ally farms. With the introduction of atties, things just never changed, doesnt mean they intended it to be a strat to build cheap farms for atties. They prolly just didnt want to change the code as much as would be needed, or figured it wouldnt be a big deal.

Pug
Mortal
posted 06 May 2004 06:32 PM EDT (US)     35 / 38       
It was discussed when it first came out. Its no glitch. You have always been able to do this with all civs. As great as the idea sounds its costly to the other player. YOu have to go over, build the farm completely before they can claim it. Its like massive idle vill time. Greek and norse are a tad too wood dependant to want to lose vill time and wood. At least kronos can ts it which is much more efficient.

R.I.P Shiva
Orion_Tok
Mortal
(id: Sp3ctre)
posted 06 May 2004 09:42 PM EDT (US)     36 / 38       
I generally give my ally the wood and then he sends a vill. Atty farms are so expensive, on a map like Oasis with low hunting, you HAVE to farm.

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
jereth2
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 09:17 AM EDT (US)     37 / 38       
I don't see why it would be considered a glitch. It's a perfect example of good cooperative play taking advantages of the strengths of both civs. The atties start off gathering the wood (or gold) while the accompanying civ spares a villie to walk over and build some farms for them. Presumably, the attie will subsequently send some of the food back to his/her partner in reciprocity.

Both players need to invest time, and their are the tribute penalties as well. But, it's really just sounds like good team play to me.

Johnny_Deppig
Mortal
posted 07 May 2004 09:37 AM EDT (US)     38 / 38       

Quote:

...when it first came out. Its no glitch. You have always been able to do this with all civs. As great as the idea sounds its costly to the other player. YOu have to go over, build the farm completely before they can claim it. Its like massive idle vill time

I wrote that you have always been able to do this - but there has never been a real advantage, the way it is now. And its certainly not costly to the other player - all you have to do is send 2 vills to build 6 farms, which is very quick. Then the atties can work them like 18 farms.

Quote:

Both players need to invest time, and their are the tribute penalties as well. But, it's really just sounds like good team play to me.

You dont have to tribute. Just let the non-atty go extra eco, and, let the atty go a little more mil to make up.

And you can discuss whether its just good team strat or a glitch. It all depends on how good it is, and I dont have enough experience with it to know. But itīs almost like taking advantage of your civs strength without playing for its weakness that makes up for it, and if it had been eggy inf being able to build buildings just because they had a Norse partner, trust me it would have been fixed.

Its like Gaiaīs forest+ forest fire. I dont know how effective it is, Ive never tested, but if a single forest burned down can always kill an enemy tc in 4 secs, Id call it a glitch - I dont think they realised how effective it would be when used that way. You can call it good teamplay if you want, but I think that would be like calling the Shade cheat "inventive use of spawning mechanics".

[This message has been edited by Johnny_Deppig (edited 05-07-2004 @ 09:47 AM).]

« Previous Page  1 2  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames