Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.516 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Little Known Facts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Little Known Facts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
Meanotaur
Mortal
posted 02 September 2004 01:54 AM EDT (US)         
Hi there! This is a thread to learn things about the game that arent very well known. For instance:

Trolls re-gain hp with every rock that hits the opponent. The more damage the more regen. (This works on buildings but to a lesser effect)

4 Trolls if they are spread out and lucky can take down Nidhogg!

8 Automatons can destroy a town center! (One or two rebuild the others while they destroy the town center - this takes alot of micro and time but is possible.)

This one is really obvious if you think about it, but... Fishing Ships can be garrisoned in Docks and now the 95 pierce armor 1600 hp building will fire arrows just as powerful as TC arrows.

Also, please post your own obscure and amazing and new discoveries here too!

AuthorReplies:
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 26 January 2005 07:12 PM EDT (US)     226 / 516       
Another little known fact:

Circe has no normal attack. The lightning bolt she fires is her special attack.

TheAmaizingDave
Mortal
posted 26 January 2005 08:38 PM EDT (US)     227 / 516       

Quote:

It works but some tricks you need to use...not simply hightlight senitals and then point to Heliopos.

Sorry, i didnt understand that - can you explain again please because i would find this usefull. Thx.

mzhaO
Mortal
posted 26 January 2005 08:54 PM EDT (US)     228 / 516       
@ Reinfire: yes, Helepoli rule against Titans. I once defeated a Titan with (IIRC) 8 Unupgraded Helepoli.

Skult is supposedly a hero...Since he's a SPC hero, he's supposed to have a NotDeletable tag, but he doesn't. That means that if ever you're in a scenario and you need just 1 extra pop slot, just delete Skult and he'll come back to life later. Then again, why would you need him in the first place?

The Folstag Flag Bearer is a Hero.

Arkantos (uber) doesn't have any cinematic animations (the animations in the last scenario are all in Arkantos Normal's anim files.

Ornlu and Polaris are Myth Units (I think I already said that). Both boost Fenris wolves' speed and attack.

Cataphracts have Achilles' animations (including a Hero glow that doesn't go away quickly) but are definately not Heroes.

The Argo, unlike all other Heroes (AFAIK), is affected by Carnivora's special attack. The Argo also has a Hero glow that stays for a long time after it's dead.

The Argo has a bonus damage vs. Buildings. I don't think MUs have negative damage against the Argo (it's kind of like a naval Jarl). The Argo has blood on death.

The water tool in the Editor is messed up.

General Melagius can take about 1/4 or 1/3 of a Villager's HP using his special attack alone.

General Melagius is puny (smaller than most units except maybe the Dwarf) but manages to beat most of them (except for the obvious ones like Osiris, Arkantos god, etc.)

Nereid's hurt sound effect sounds like Athena's.

The Nereid's special attack affects Heroes.

A single unupgraded Carcinos can kill an unupgraded Bellerophon (it's death blood does like 300 Hack).

/mzhao

[This message has been edited by mzhao (edited 01-27-2005 @ 07:54 PM).]

Mighty Noldor
Mortal
posted 27 January 2005 02:39 AM EDT (US)     229 / 516       

What?!?!?!
Bellerophon falls to a Carcinos?
Hardly believable...
He (bell) was upgraded?
Used his special?
_______ 80 _________

"Let me hear the batlle cry, Calling on the wind
Let me see the banners fly, Before the storm begins
Let me feel the spirits soar, Destroy the enemy
Striking at the evil core, For all the world to see"
Judas Priest - One Shot at Glory
a192
Mortal
posted 27 January 2005 04:42 AM EDT (US)     230 / 516       

Quote:

Sorry, i didnt understand that - can you explain again please because i would find this usefull. Thx.

You are better not to use it. I consider it as cheating which is as bad as hunting deletion, Temple foundation healing bug.

Basically, highlight a unit & senital and assign them into same group.(for example, assign them to hotkey1) Then move that unit & Heliopos next to the sential. Finally, move group 1 units into Heliopos. Done!

Lalle
Mortal
posted 27 January 2005 10:42 AM EDT (US)     231 / 516       
On the ESO main screen you can select a towncenter and a flying caladria from the background.
Thebean
Mortal
posted 27 January 2005 11:04 AM EDT (US)     232 / 516       
And also the Economic Guild, if you drag from the bottom left corner.

Meteora is a pissy bitch

Dio is Trentin Anthony Tracanna
XsX_Invader2
Mortal
posted 27 January 2005 05:27 PM EDT (US)     233 / 516       
here's a small fact... the heka gigantes is (i think) the only MU that can use it's special attack on anything, including heroes
Petsuchosbeem
Mortal
posted 28 January 2005 05:56 PM EDT (US)     234 / 516       
In the Aom boardgame, the minotauris actully a model of Kamos!
Petsuchosbeem
Mortal
posted 28 January 2005 06:07 PM EDT (US)     235 / 516       
Also, in the Aom demo, I almost killed the computer on alfheim, and his Kattaskopus ran up a hill! I had to kill him with Toxetos!
saiyangoku66
Mortal
posted 28 January 2005 08:32 PM EDT (US)     236 / 516       
in archer wars, an archer can get knocked off the arena...

also, meteor could be used to send a unit into some unreachale place- can somebody tell me what would happen if a unit on an island surrounded by only water was meteored? would it fall into the water?

a noob...a big, strong, dangerous noob
rippy
Mortal
posted 28 January 2005 08:43 PM EDT (US)     237 / 516       
^^^^^^ I believe they just disappear and reappear back on the island. Looks pretty glitchy.

Anyways..

You can get ships stuck on land. If you use implode right beside the water, you can suck in ships. Then, when the orb explodes, some of the ships will fly in the air and onto land. You can't move them, but they still rotate and attack. fun

it might also work with meteor or tornado, but implode is a much safer bet.

"Build a man a fire, and you warm him for a day. Set a man on fire, and you warm him for the rest of his life." -Chinese proverb

"If MacGyver and Jack Bauer were in a fight, Chuck Norris would win."

LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 28 January 2005 09:21 PM EDT (US)     238 / 516       
just go into editor, place water and a ship, and use the move tool to put in on the land....enjoy. You can do the same thing to create uber carnivorae out of krakens

" I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the soldiers a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while. Unfortunately, one of the casualties was Taur Urgas' oldest son. The king of the Murgos took it personally. He's very narrow-minded sometimes. "

" Usually, when I need a boat, I steal one. Using one of my own seems immoral somehow. "

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 28 January 2005 10:01 PM EDT (US)     239 / 516       

Quote:

here's a small fact... the heka gigantes is (i think) the only MU that can use it's special attack on anything, including heroes

The Manticore and Centaur can use their specials against heroes, iirc. I'm sure others can too. They'd still do reduced damage though.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.

[This message has been edited by TheShadowDawn (edited 01-28-2005 @ 10:01 PM).]

saiyangoku66
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 08:37 AM EDT (US)     240 / 516       
manticore has a special?

a noob...a big, strong, dangerous noob
Pug
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 09:15 AM EDT (US)     241 / 516       
I tried the sentinal/garrisoning thing over and over, I couldnt get it to work.
I rarely play greeks and realized that not all units can be garrisoned in those helepolis
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 29 January 2005 09:07 PM EDT (US)     242 / 516       
@ XsX_invader.

I'm afraid your wrong. Hekas dont use their special attack against colossus. They can use it against heros though

TheShadowDawn
Mortal
posted 30 January 2005 00:08 AM EDT (US)     243 / 516       

Quote:

manticore has a special?

Yeah, it fires six darts instead of the normal three.

TheShdwDwn
If you're like me, then it's possible you're a clone generated from my stolen DNA. I suggest you turn yourself in for destruction immediately.
Macedonian234
Banned
posted 30 January 2005 09:34 AM EDT (US)     244 / 516       
If you delete your player color file, all the players become white. ( Is there anyway to keep white, but have all the other colors? )
mzhaO
Mortal
posted 30 January 2005 06:35 PM EDT (US)     245 / 516       
You could try Vachu's Player Color Changer.

/mzhao
LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 30 January 2005 08:00 PM EDT (US)     246 / 516       
Which reminds me, if you put in the mod that makes everything lord of the rings, is it possible to keep it like that without OoSing in online games?

" I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the soldiers a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while. Unfortunately, one of the casualties was Taur Urgas' oldest son. The king of the Murgos took it personally. He's very narrow-minded sometimes. "

" Usually, when I need a boat, I steal one. Using one of my own seems immoral somehow. "

bobthedemon
Banned
posted 31 January 2005 00:11 AM EDT (US)     247 / 516       
That was a quote from either the Malloeran or Belgarad???

Both were Silk?

[This message has been edited by bobthedemon (edited 02-01-2005 @ 07:54 PM).]

rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 31 January 2005 09:53 PM EDT (US)     248 / 516       
you can get troops (at least spearmen) stuck in large goldmines if you make them "protect"(under combat menu) the gold mine.
Macedonian234
Banned
posted 01 February 2005 03:58 PM EDT (US)     249 / 516       
Dionysus is pronounced Die-A-Nye-Siss
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 01 February 2005 04:18 PM EDT (US)     250 / 516       
Another few facts:

- Pegasus is larger than the other horses

- Hersir and Hero of Raganarok move exactly the same

- The Norse transport is the only transport without a sail

- The Norse fishing ship is the only fishing ship without a bundle of ropes on the deck.

- The horses you see standing in a greek stable are too large

- In the 5th scenario of AOM, the Trojan camp has a gap in the wall, you dont have to destoy the wall to get inside the camp

- The Egyptian Titan is the only titan who comes out of the sky, the rest comes out of the ground.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11 12 ··· 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames