Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.516 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Little Known Facts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Little Known Facts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21  Next Page »
Meanotaur
Mortal
posted 02 September 2004 01:54 AM EDT (US)         
Hi there! This is a thread to learn things about the game that arent very well known. For instance:

Trolls re-gain hp with every rock that hits the opponent. The more damage the more regen. (This works on buildings but to a lesser effect)

4 Trolls if they are spread out and lucky can take down Nidhogg!

8 Automatons can destroy a town center! (One or two rebuild the others while they destroy the town center - this takes alot of micro and time but is possible.)

This one is really obvious if you think about it, but... Fishing Ships can be garrisoned in Docks and now the 95 pierce armor 1600 hp building will fire arrows just as powerful as TC arrows.

Also, please post your own obscure and amazing and new discoveries here too!

AuthorReplies:
pete722
Mortal
posted 27 March 2005 11:09 AM EDT (US)     451 / 516       
i think what he was trying to say, was think what you like,
if you want to think you won, you did.
if you want to think your the best, you are..
and he doesnt care what you think, but he isnt going to argue with you about it, as it isnt worth it.
LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 27 March 2005 04:27 PM EDT (US)     452 / 516       
^^Yep.

" I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the soldiers a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while. Unfortunately, one of the casualties was Taur Urgas' oldest son. The king of the Murgos took it personally. He's very narrow-minded sometimes. "

" Usually, when I need a boat, I steal one. Using one of my own seems immoral somehow. "

rust888
Mortal
posted 27 March 2005 04:43 PM EDT (US)     453 / 516       
ok, i think i speaking for most of the ppl who read this thread:

LoH_silk, bobthedemon will one of you guys please be a civil adult and just apologize? this way we dont have to here your non-sensical arguments about:

A) a person's grammer
B) if a person is gay or straight (honestly, who the hell cares)
C) a person's insignificant mistake
D) if a person stated a fact about AOM which turned out to be wrong, then dont aggrivate the situation and say that person knows nothing at all about AOM

finally, to get back on topic: an Einherjar's horn blast (his special attk) can sometimes be selected as a unit, if you're fast enuff to get it. Called SFX horn blast, i think

mzhaO
Mortal
posted 27 March 2005 04:46 PM EDT (US)     454 / 516       
*applauds for LoH_Silk*

Thank you. Now, can we get back on topic?

Kastor (adult) has exactly the same stats as Ajax, but Ajax does more damage per attack, IIRC. Probably because Kastor attacks faster (?).

Kastor with staff has no voice sounds, but his blank sounds override all others'. Therefore, if you select a bunch of units with Kastor with staff among them, no movement/etc. sounds will play.

/mzhao
AzianPhoenix
Mortal
posted 27 March 2005 09:03 PM EDT (US)     455 / 516       
Bob, I don't want to defend a side as it will only start up the arguement again, Loh_Silk sounds combative alot of the time, but he really isn't, he is just used to talking that way. Hey you shouldn't complain as in order to start something you had to retort, also, at least he had the decency to make a form of an apology. And Silk, ty for contributing your part to end it.

I think I better contribute something or else I will be OT so here, medusa cannot petrify pegasus, nidhogg, the phoenix, odin's ravens, or the roc. I wonder if you can petrify a phoenix egg, but I highly doubt it.

Best game ever made, don't dieeeeeeee

[This message has been edited by AzianPhoenix (edited 03-27-2005 @ 09:13 PM).]

LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 27 March 2005 09:21 PM EDT (US)     456 / 516       
"And Silk, ty for contributing your part to end it."

Actually, thats what I wanted the whole time...
I don't like spamming forums.

Anyway,
AoM was considered by ES for a long time before it was implemented. The team considered all kinds of things, from reworking AoE2 to doing something in space before finally deciding on Mythology.

If you put enough arkantos gods together, they should be able to kill an osiris by bouncing it back and forth with their special. As long as he doesn't regenerate. Does Osiris regenerate? In fact, this should work for any non regenerating unit.

In an edited version of strategy underground, you can purchase chicken meteor god powers.

A guardian can kill a roc when he swings his sword backwards if it connects. I didn't believe it until it happened to me

" I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the soldiers a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while. Unfortunately, one of the casualties was Taur Urgas' oldest son. The king of the Murgos took it personally. He's very narrow-minded sometimes. "

" Usually, when I need a boat, I steal one. Using one of my own seems immoral somehow. "

Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 27 March 2005 11:36 PM EDT (US)     457 / 516       
Osiris the god does not regenerate but makes up for it with 20000 hitpoints and uber armor. btw phenoix eggs cannot be stoned but are still vulnerable to myth units with bonus damage because it qualifies as sort of a myth building since it can train phenoixes.
bobthedemon
Banned
posted 28 March 2005 00:04 AM EDT (US)     458 / 516       
Interesting fact:

I was the first to appologies with this...

'I do appologies if I have upset you emotionally.'

Did it sound sarcastic? I'm awfully sorry if it did. That was never my intention. Honest!

Plant penis
Mortal
posted 28 March 2005 04:32 AM EDT (US)     459 / 516       
Heimdalls tech, safeguard, cannot be researched in sudden death, because of the citadel.
Phoenix egg DO CAN be stoned. At least by Perseus.
When using chaos, directly after Oranos GP and the units is flying, the units doesn't get chaosed.
Thats facts that is actually useful.. taunt 009 ooohhhh
LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 28 March 2005 09:10 AM EDT (US)     460 / 516       
Bob, yes I did take it for Sarcasm--I'm sorry. Thats how it sounded in the post.

AzianPhoenix
Mortal
posted 28 March 2005 10:35 AM EDT (US)     461 / 516       
I'm happy things have finally turned around for the better, come'on how hard was it! =)

A phoenix has 30 crush attack but an un-upgraded watch tower will kill a phoenix. (Watch tower, not outpost)

Best game ever made, don't dieeeeeeee
bobthedemon
Banned
posted 28 March 2005 12:39 PM EDT (US)     462 / 516       
Sarcasm? Me? I'm hurt!
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 29 March 2005 11:51 PM EDT (US)     463 / 516       
towers have bonus damage against all flying units, thats why you spam towers when the opponent has phenoixes or nidhogg.
rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 30 March 2005 00:38 AM EDT (US)     464 / 516       
If you're making a villie then you cast citadel, the villie stops training. I'm not sure about getting the resources back..

You can't put a Citadel in group with TCs (I hate that sometimes...)

Does anyone have the answer to this?-If you put the marks down to build a TC, and someone else builds on it, do you get your res back?

Yes, I do suck.
I am 12 and proud
I'm not colorblind,I like odd colors. Can you read this? You rock if you can
[This message has been edited by Your_Mom (edited last time she spent the night at 03:34).]
sychronizer123
Banned
posted 30 March 2005 01:02 AM EDT (US)     465 / 516       

Quote:

Does anyone have the answer to this?-If you put the marks down to build a TC, and someone else builds on it, do you get your res back?

yep.

Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 30 March 2005 06:37 PM EDT (US)     466 / 516       
yes you do get your resources back if another player builds on a tc that you were planning to build. Also you get your resources back if you are training villagers from your tc and then cast citadel. Citadel deletes your existing town center and puts a citadel in it's place, reducing the amount of units it can hold from 25 to 20.
rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 30 March 2005 10:30 PM EDT (US)     467 / 516       
I'm sure the purpose of Citadel is to give you more HP on your TC, not more pop. Just positive!

Lazer Bear has speed of 100

Yes, I do suck.
I am 12 and proud
[This message has been edited by Your_Mom (edited last time she spent the night at 03:34).]
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 30 March 2005 10:37 PM EDT (US)     468 / 516       
speed affects a unit's chance of winning a battle. I tried in the editor 1 classical hersir vs 1 classical hersir. I gave hersir 1 the boots of kick everything relic and hersir 2 nothing. hersir 1 won the fight just by a split second. In general the more speed the more likely it gets in the first hit.
mzhaO
Mortal
posted 30 March 2005 10:44 PM EDT (US)     469 / 516       
You can't place a TC marking thing on top of a TC that's being built on. This applies even if you don't have visibility (through fog of war) to the settlement. It can be useful, sometimes.

/mzhao
Reckless_Boomer
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 05:47 AM EDT (US)     470 / 516       
Kronos and Oranos are the only major gods without ominiscence. weird. You'd have thought that the god of the sky could see everthing
rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 09:39 AM EDT (US)     471 / 516       
because that would be cheap! well at least for Kronos..

I am trying to think of a reason or Oranos. Maybe because they could just implode themselves into the middle of the enemy's base, or he could build sky passages everywhere the resources are around their base (or safe passages, omg that would be lame if they build a giant tower that you can travel through right next to all your gold and wood gathering)

Yes, I do suck.
I am 12 and proud
sdw12umdjc
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 09:57 AM EDT (US)     472 / 516       
Something strange I noticed is that when playing versus Attie and they advance with Helios the on screen notification says they advance with Atlas. I've had this happen many times while playing somebody online.
Fazy
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 02:35 PM EDT (US)     473 / 516       
Oranos can get ominiscene
mzhaO
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 03:13 PM EDT (US)     474 / 516       

Quote:

Something strange I noticed is that when playing versus Attie and they advance with Helios the on screen notification says they advance with Atlas. I've had this happen many times while playing somebody online.

I think that was a problem with a version of Enhanced Tooltips or something. It was in one thread a while ago.

Quote:

Oranos can get ominiscene.

Yes, that's true. Kronos is the only major god that can't research Omniscience because he could just timeshift a building wherever he wanted. No major god can research it in Deathmatch, or it would be too cheap.

/mzhao
XprtGamer
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 05:07 PM EDT (US)     475 / 516       
Thor's cavalry can produce gold when they attack buildings!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 17 18 19 20 21  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames