Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.516 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Little Known Facts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Little Known Facts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21  Next Page »
Meanotaur
Mortal
posted 02 September 2004 01:54 AM EDT (US)         
Hi there! This is a thread to learn things about the game that arent very well known. For instance:

Trolls re-gain hp with every rock that hits the opponent. The more damage the more regen. (This works on buildings but to a lesser effect)

4 Trolls if they are spread out and lucky can take down Nidhogg!

8 Automatons can destroy a town center! (One or two rebuild the others while they destroy the town center - this takes alot of micro and time but is possible.)

This one is really obvious if you think about it, but... Fishing Ships can be garrisoned in Docks and now the 95 pierce armor 1600 hp building will fire arrows just as powerful as TC arrows.

Also, please post your own obscure and amazing and new discoveries here too!

AuthorReplies:
Jet_Set_Jim
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 06:01 PM EDT (US)     476 / 516       

Quote:

Thor's cavalry can produce gold when they attack buildings!

Oh no they can't

Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 31 March 2005 11:40 PM EDT (US)     477 / 516       
Check the proto data, it clearly states that thor's Raiding Cavalry cannot produce a trickle of gold when attacking buildings.
Macedonian234
Banned
posted 01 April 2005 07:35 PM EDT (US)     478 / 516       
You have a file that has a list of swear words and other bad words, it's in called pr wordlist or something.
LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 01 April 2005 09:41 PM EDT (US)     479 / 516       
^^Yup, which is why I hate the filter. A few clicks, and your kids know how to swear in brazilian.

" I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the soldiers a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while. Unfortunately, one of the casualties was Taur Urgas' oldest son. The king of the Murgos took it personally. He's very narrow-minded sometimes. "

" Usually, when I need a boat, I steal one. Using one of my own seems immoral somehow. "

sychronizer123
Banned
posted 02 April 2005 09:04 PM EDT (US)     480 / 516       
I love that. Now I can swear in 10 different languages. Thanx guys!
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 02 April 2005 09:38 PM EDT (US)     481 / 516       

Quote:

I love that. Now I can swear in 10 different languages. Thanx guys!

lol i bet most of us resent mentioning the pr wordlist.
pete722
Mortal
posted 03 April 2005 01:59 PM EDT (US)     482 / 516       
lol.. im sure if you had asked someone, you could of learnt them on AOM pretty easy... or anywhere with a forum
Pug
Mortal
posted 03 April 2005 03:52 PM EDT (US)     483 / 516       

Quote:

Thor's cavalry can produce gold when they attack buildings!

In the beta version they could. That ability was removed shortly before the game was released. Unfortunately the so called Guide wasnt editied.

peonmodel
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 08:36 AM EDT (US)     484 / 516       
not to start the flame war again but i think i reinighted it in page 16 or 15 mawhahahahahaha
rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 11 April 2005 06:34 PM EDT (US)     485 / 516       
When an Anubite is jumping and the game ends/someone paused it, you have to select where the anubite usually would be, not where it is in the air.

Yes, I do suck.
I am 12 and proud
I'm not colorblind,I like odd colors. Can you read this? You rock if you can
[This message has been edited by Your_Mom (edited last time she spent the night at 03:34).]
Black Eye
Mortal
(id: BlackEye319)
posted 11 April 2005 08:08 PM EDT (US)     486 / 516       
I put this somewhere else in the site, but it go no responses.

Quote:

Here are three things I think everyone should know.
1-Pausing. On the top right corner of your keyboard (usually) there is a Pause Break button (at least thats what it says on mine).
Shouldn't let some guy beat you because they pause all the time, and you don't know how to undo.

2- Typing in black.
Instead of always typing in white, you can type in black. You type <color> then a space your message. (You type color, not black, red, etc.)
Note: You can type <color> in the middle of a message, and have only the end in bold.

3- Whispering in a game
This may be in a part of this site but who cares? To whisper in a game, you press a slash / then the persons names (i.e. /BlackEye319) then a space and your message, (i.e. /BlackEye319 you are SO hot)

Hope this is useful

enjoy

Olli_Moriturus
Mortal
posted 13 April 2005 07:53 AM EDT (US)     487 / 516       
One of the 'hurt' sounds of camelry is thesame of one of the 'die' sounds of a zombie in Doom (no, not Doom3, Doom).
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 22 April 2005 00:10 AM EDT (US)     488 / 516       
Relics have a select sound, sorta sounds like the select sound of those little shrines.
rust888
Mortal
posted 22 April 2005 10:02 PM EDT (US)     489 / 516       
"hades" when the letters r switched can spell "shade"

considence?

Black Eye
Mortal
posted 23 April 2005 09:55 PM EDT (US)     490 / 516       
If you mix Vinegar with Baking Soda, it'll explode!

[This message has been edited by BlackEye319 (edited 04-23-2005 @ 10:27 PM).]

LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 23 April 2005 10:32 PM EDT (US)     491 / 516       
Ok, will some mod please change this to "Little known facts ABOUT AOT"?

Because thats just getting annoying.

Blackeye, your previous post (before the baking soda :P) is very useful. I'm always telling people who just bought the game that, because I remember how much easier the game was for me as soon as I found out you can do that.

" I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the soldiers a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while. Unfortunately, one of the casualties was Taur Urgas' oldest son. The king of the Murgos took it personally. He's very narrow-minded sometimes. "

" Usually, when I need a boat, I steal one. Using one of my own seems immoral somehow. "

[This message has been edited by LoH_Silk (edited 04-23-2005 @ 10:33 PM).]

Meanotaur
Mortal
posted 23 April 2005 10:50 PM EDT (US)     492 / 516       
I totally agree with LOH.
The baking soda and vinegar is funny, but doesn't fit. History, game facts, etc. etc. are fine, but posts about baking soda and explosions are innapropriate.

replying to rust888: yes, it is probably a coincidence. Hades is a Greek name, and they wouldn't think of mispelling Hades. However, there is the chance that someone scrambled Hades and came up with shades and used it in the game.

One fine morning in the middle of the night, two dead boys got up to fight. Back to back, they faced each other, drew their swords and shot each other. A deaf policeman heard the noise, and ran to bury the two dead boys. If you don't believe this story's true, ask the blind man. He saw it, too.
The wise man will not call himself so. - Meanotaur
Perfection is a flaw because man is not supposed to be perfect. - Meanotaur
bobthedemon
Banned
posted 24 April 2005 00:00 AM EDT (US)     493 / 516       
Fact about AOM.

LoH_Silk ever stops whinging in the AOMHG forums.

LD_Hawk
Mortal
posted 24 April 2005 00:28 AM EDT (US)     494 / 516       

Quote:

One of the 'hurt' sounds of camelry is thesame of one of the 'die' sounds of a zombie in Doom (no, not Doom3, Doom).

Lol never thought of that. They really are alike. BTW, Doom still roxorz, I don't care how old it is. Oldies are the best.

On-topic: Hydra (and Scylla) is marked with a "ExperienceUnit" line in the game files. That's why they build up power with every enemy they kill.

Many atlantean units were based on actual Roman history:

Turma = a regular cavalry unit (don't think it actually threw javelins tho)

Contarius = heavy cav with 2-handed pike

Arcus = latin for "bow"; archer is "Arcuarius", but "Arcus" is that much simpler to read and spell... so they put "Arcus" instead

Murmillo = a type of gladiator; "The distinguishing feature of the murmillo was the high crest of his helmet which, together with its broad rim, was shaped somewhat like a fish."

Chieroballista = yeah they did exist, but I don't know if big fat guys operated the weapon

Katapeltes = it says "shield-smasher" in my reference site and it is also referred as a torsion gun (the term is greek and originated the word "catapult"); in-game, the history created by ES for the unit says that nothing but destroyer shields could stop their maces. Maybe they took the mace unstoppability from this "shield-smasher" thing? Katapeltes is the unit that was most changed from the actual history (lol from siege machine to foot soldier...)

Fire ships = these were Byzantine; inspired by the "greek fire" thing Byz had in their ships and blowed against the opponents' boats

Destroyer = didn't exist in reality; anyway, wouldn't an enormous and heavy trident be too impractical to fight with?

Fanatic = didn't exist in reality, and IMO is pretty lame (Hey, we need a filler unit and ran out of ideas, why not put a soldier with two swords which owns everything?); at least Destroyers fit with the Poseidon worshipping in the AoM campaign (tridents)

Fire siphon = Byzantines also used greek fire on land, but I don't believe they threw it from those machines that the atlanteans have

Citizen and manors = Believe it or not, but it could have some relation with Rome. Atlantean vils were said in the game to be friendly to other people and accept them to live in their houses... Romans also had a habit of increasing their family by doing something similar. In Rome there were really big families because of those people who aggregated others (I think it was called clientelism or something like that)

It would have been so nice if we could play with Romans instead of crappy atlanteans. We could then spam centurions... Besides, atlanteans already ripped off the greek gods in the game, so mythology wouldn't have been a problem.

[This message has been edited by LD_Hawk (edited 04-24-2005 @ 00:43 AM).]

Black Eye
Mortal
posted 24 April 2005 11:39 PM EDT (US)     495 / 516       
Romans would be better then Antlanteans IMHO.
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 25 April 2005 00:00 AM EDT (US)     496 / 516       
Come on we don't want any instigators on this thread. After all I think you've caused enough trouble already for a temporary ban. (back on topic) the son of osiris on the AOT campaign :Cerberus can be healed.
Olli_Moriturus
Mortal
posted 25 April 2005 02:02 PM EDT (US)     497 / 516       
lol... here's another one in comparison with 1p-shooter games: when you fire a lightning gun in Quake III, it's thesame sound as one of the 'select major god' sounds in AoM.
LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 25 April 2005 03:49 PM EDT (US)     498 / 516       
(Bob can take all the cheap shots he wants (no matter how incorrect they are)...I'm not going to bother.

I've asked numerous times for him to post an email...but apparently he just feels like spamming AoMH.)

The hades-shade thing-- if you move the S in hades to the front you get shade...but its probably just a coincidence.

Circe is a pain to micro because if she isn't about to fire and you micro her on a unit, she will walk toward the unit until she can fire. Circe can be healed by Priests/Pharoah (for all you NW fans)

Perhaps not so little known, but still odd, is the fact that one of Possy's hero's can be affected by some MU's specials. I can't remember which one, but I think it is Hippolyta (is she the archer?). If anyone remembers which one it is, it would be appreciated. Thats would account for many players not going possy; mummy spam is too difficult to counter without a ranged hero.

Olli_Moriturus
Mortal
posted 26 April 2005 10:09 AM EDT (US)     499 / 516       
Yep you're right it's Hippolyta... her being affected by mummy's special is a bug.
rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 26 April 2005 06:25 PM EDT (US)     500 / 516       
sry i had to be post 300 400 and 500 (i think)

A FU Arcus Hero has 10 attack, and are really annoying when like 60 of them are vortexed into your base (damn oranos).

If you are zeus or poseidon, your goats can have 1 more hp than others when upgraded with bacchanalia.

Yes, I do suck.
I am 12 and proud
I'm not colorblind,I like odd colors. Can you read this? You rock if you can
[This message has been edited by Your_Mom (edited last time she spent the night at 03:34).]

[This message has been edited by rampagingturtle8 (edited 04-27-2005 @ 06:33 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 18 19 20 21  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames