Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.516 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Little Known Facts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Little Known Facts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 19 20 21  Next Page »
Meanotaur
Mortal
posted 02 September 2004 01:54 AM EDT (US)         
Hi there! This is a thread to learn things about the game that arent very well known. For instance:

Trolls re-gain hp with every rock that hits the opponent. The more damage the more regen. (This works on buildings but to a lesser effect)

4 Trolls if they are spread out and lucky can take down Nidhogg!

8 Automatons can destroy a town center! (One or two rebuild the others while they destroy the town center - this takes alot of micro and time but is possible.)

This one is really obvious if you think about it, but... Fishing Ships can be garrisoned in Docks and now the 95 pierce armor 1600 hp building will fire arrows just as powerful as TC arrows.

Also, please post your own obscure and amazing and new discoveries here too!

AuthorReplies:
Black Eye
Mortal
(id: BlackEye319)
posted 28 April 2005 00:09 AM EDT (US)     501 / 516       
rampagingturtle8, please stop those "w00t! I'm post number 300 AND 400 AND 500! w00t! boo ya!" posts, they are really getting annoying.
Little known fact (might not be little known)(I've only tried this on AoM:TT, not sure about Vanilla) If your ally resigns, and you're still in, you can delete all of his buildings/units.

Another thing: (Not very little known) If the first player in a Titans game resigns, the Titan's don't do anything, so you don't have to feel rushed =). This does make the game boring though.

Edit: I just double checked one of my facts, and it doesn't work.

[This message has been edited by BlackEye319 (edited 04-28-2005 @ 06:13 PM).]

rust888
Mortal
posted 29 April 2005 05:35 PM EDT (US)     502 / 516       
ya that's a major bug there.

after the host of a game resigns, the computers basically go with him. By this i mean, the computer's units keep doing exactly what they were doing before the host left.
EG; miners keep on mining gold, military units keep attking if they near an enemy, or otherwise they just sit there.
therefore, when a host leaves the game, it basically makes it "GG"

the funny part is, the host is usually the one they attk first and the most. (so in effect, they're basically commiting long term suicide.)

EmmetTheFat
Mortal
posted 09 May 2005 07:33 AM EDT (US)     503 / 516       
Not sure if this one has been up before.

On the host game screen (while you are waiting for other players to connect), when you can see units running around in the background, as they approach the edges of the screen, you can click on them and take control of them. Works in Titans, haven't tested it in Vanilla.

I not fat, I'm big-boned. Big-bones, with lots of fat on them.
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 13 May 2005 00:16 AM EDT (US)     504 / 516       
I don't know if anyone has noticed this yet but ragnorok heroes under Loki can summon myth units as well.
TOAO_Power
Mortal
posted 13 May 2005 08:12 AM EDT (US)     505 / 516       
Loki doesn't get ragnarok...
Reckless_Boomer
Mortal
posted 13 May 2005 10:38 AM EDT (US)     506 / 516       
no, but i suspect this was realized in the map-maker.
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 15 May 2005 01:48 AM EDT (US)     507 / 516       
In the golden gift scenario where you have to capture the forge you are loki. You start with 10 ragnorok heroes. This is pretty lame due to the fact that you can only build dwarves which suck at gathering food and wood.

[This message has been edited by Age_of_Jizzology (edited 05-15-2005 @ 01:49 AM).]

rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 19 May 2005 08:38 PM EDT (US)     508 / 516       
Eclipse lets monuments gather favor faster. It also gives Myth Units more Hack Armor.

Yes, I do suck.
I am 12 and proud
I'm not colorblind,I like odd colors. Can you read this? You rock if you can
[This message has been edited by Your_Mom (edited last time she spent the night at 03:34).]
Appleboy
Mortal
posted 20 May 2005 11:52 PM EDT (US)     509 / 516       
About what someone said above: Yes, in multiplayer titans u can clik on units on the backround and move them around. U can also clik on the TC. If you click in the background and drag, you will select all the units. You can move the untis around.... its messed!

The three most important people in the world: Me, Myself, and I.
Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 21 May 2005 00:03 AM EDT (US)     510 / 516       
Does any one know what happens when someone who built a wonder disconects?
Olli_Moriturus
Mortal
posted 21 May 2005 04:41 AM EDT (US)     511 / 516       
If he/she completed the wonder, and resigns, the timer still keeps going... I remember the time when my ally resigned and the enemies titan destroyed his wonder... with ten seconds left!!! If only my ally researched masons/architects for those towers /walls /wonder we would have won
Fanatic_Kaster
Banned
posted 21 May 2005 05:19 AM EDT (US)     512 / 516       
O cool cuz I've had a few games where I built a wonder then left :P
Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 03:46 AM EDT (US)     513 / 516       
I have a question, does sun dried mud brick make wonder cheaper for egyptians? Because if it does then that would save like 1800 gold.
Sam_Ham
Mortal
posted 22 May 2005 03:58 AM EDT (US)     514 / 516       
Yes it does, you save 1725 gold and get +hitpoints.

Sometimes you need to scare the lambs,
tell tales of evil bad wolves.
Because if there is nothing to fear,
they might think for themselves.
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 24 May 2005 01:13 PM EDT (US)     515 / 516       
When you select multiple units and there is at least 1 theocrat in it, the theocrat icon in the box next to the minimap is replaced by a statue of poseidon icon.

Weird

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
mzhaO
Mortal
posted 26 May 2005 02:22 AM EDT (US)     516 / 516       
If you set a unit's (tested with Destroyer Hero) stats to be constantly increasing (through triggers) and put those units in a group, the group flag will eventually turn into an ankh briefly.

/mzhao
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 19 20 21  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames