Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.516 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Little Known Facts
Bottom
Topic Subject:Little Known Facts
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
Meanotaur
Mortal
posted 02 September 2004 01:54 AM EDT (US)         
Hi there! This is a thread to learn things about the game that arent very well known. For instance:

Trolls re-gain hp with every rock that hits the opponent. The more damage the more regen. (This works on buildings but to a lesser effect)

4 Trolls if they are spread out and lucky can take down Nidhogg!

8 Automatons can destroy a town center! (One or two rebuild the others while they destroy the town center - this takes alot of micro and time but is possible.)

This one is really obvious if you think about it, but... Fishing Ships can be garrisoned in Docks and now the 95 pierce armor 1600 hp building will fire arrows just as powerful as TC arrows.

Also, please post your own obscure and amazing and new discoveries here too!

AuthorReplies:
rust888
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 05:01 PM EDT (US)     426 / 516       
ok this has gone on far enough

MODERATORS IF U CAN READ THIS, PLEASE CLOSE THIS THREAD, IT'S GONE TOO FAR OFF TOPIC

AzianPhoenix
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 05:42 PM EDT (US)     427 / 516       
Aww, this started out to be a good thread, I don't think it should be closed due to a couple off-topic people that ruin it for everyone else. Mods, please don't close the thread, just delete all the unneeded arguments. I think this is a thread worth saving.

Though I am not a moderator, some of you should try to cool down, please, the arguments that a couple of you are making are negative and off-topic. This a community site and in any community, conflicts occur, but conflicts can be solved if people are mature enough to except that they did something wrong, everyone that has exchanged an insult just say "sorry" and say something nice, a sentence can end it all. Either that or a moderator will bring you humiliation.

Best game ever made, don't dieeeeeeee

[This message has been edited by AzianPhoenix (edited 03-24-2005 @ 05:45 PM).]

xentelian
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 06:34 PM EDT (US)     428 / 516       
Why doesn't forest fire affect the caster when earthquake and meteor would?

It has been over a year since last patch, so I have added the hippolyta can be turned into a minion and all the other "bugs" / "features" (call them what you want) into the rollover tooltips.

Happy Easter!

LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 06:46 PM EDT (US)     429 / 516       
I agree with phoenix...which is why I keep telling Bob to quit putting arguments in this thread. Mods can delete the argument (in fact this is probably a great idea) because the topic really is useful.

" I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the soldiers a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while. Unfortunately, one of the casualties was Taur Urgas' oldest son. The king of the Murgos took it personally. He's very narrow-minded sometimes. "

" Usually, when I need a boat, I steal one. Using one of my own seems immoral somehow. "

pete722
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 06:54 PM EDT (US)     430 / 516       
hmm, just curious, are you talking about me??
and please dont argue..
whats the point??
just ignore each other
Reckless_Boomer
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 08:51 PM EDT (US)     431 / 516       
meteor doesn't affect allied units, but does affect their buildings i think.

as for earthquake....i don't think artemis wants to see her people die, so she gave them protection i guess.

Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 09:11 PM EDT (US)     432 / 516       
meteor affects all units but causes way way less damage on allied units/buildings.
sychronizer123
Banned
posted 24 March 2005 10:34 PM EDT (US)     433 / 516       

Quote:

meteor doesn't affect allied units, but does affect their buildings i think.
as for earthquake....i don't think artemis wants to see her people die, so she gave them protection i guess.

Trust me, both meteor and earthquake hurts your allies. I've tried it before. I once got bored and earthquaked his base. Everything was gone. Lighning storm doesn't affect you or your allies though.

Age_of_Jizzology
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 11:13 PM EDT (US)     434 / 516       
Aluminum foil is shiny on one side and dull on the other. You know why? It's because of the process that makes it creates a smoother side. Good to Know. lol just kidding okay back on topic. Arkantos boost causes some area of effect damage.

[This message has been edited by Age_of_Jizzology (edited 03-24-2005 @ 11:13 PM).]

rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 24 March 2005 11:56 PM EDT (US)     435 / 516       
An Odin Raven can be part of the shifting sands.

(i had my ally scout out their wood, and i SS a few oftheir villies, and the raven)

Nighthawk, it was your dwarfs when me and TKD faced you and bud with random gods. lol

[This message has been edited by rampagingturtle8 (edited 03-24-2005 @ 11:58 PM).]

Reckless_Boomer
Mortal
posted 25 March 2005 03:30 AM EDT (US)     436 / 516       
statue of lightning is the single most powerful building/unit there is, cost wise. nice to know isn't it, considering we can't build them at all....

prometheus(the titan), kills kronos(the titan) and gaia(the titan) as well. weird.

also, if you manage to trap a titan in a ring of tree without anything for it to destroy, the titan can't get out. that's nice to know.

rampagingturtle8
Mortal
posted 25 March 2005 09:39 AM EDT (US)     437 / 516       
If only you could Shifting Sands a titan into your hated ally's base....
bobthedemon
Banned
posted 25 March 2005 04:10 PM EDT (US)     438 / 516       
LoH_Silk

I never implied you were gay. He is a boy and I thought you were his friend. And there is nothing wrong with being gay. Its your choice what you do with your own time. Nothing to do with me or anyone else on here if you are gay, straight or just curious. I don't want to know and I don't need to know.

The dabate team? Now I see why changes on AoM would mean so much to you. Your points on page 16. i see nothing on page 16 about this topic at all. That proves to me that you have no idea what you are talking about.

Oh I have your email all right. And be assured I will be making full use of that.

mzhaO
Mortal
posted 25 March 2005 05:14 PM EDT (US)     439 / 516       
Fact: topics with new replies in this forum are now bolded

General Melagius's boost does this:

Damages enemies, about 5 (?) HP a second
At the end, damages targeted unit a whole lot

The boost can actually be stronger than his normal attack.

IIRC, Gaia can't damage Prometheus much and vice versa, because they'll both just regenerate the damage quickly.

Kronos has a damage bonus vs. Gaia

bob, please do not spam people or anything like that. It's just not nice.

/mzhao
Dead_Fish
Mortal
posted 25 March 2005 05:31 PM EDT (US)     440 / 516       
bobs right about the whole grammer thing though, Its not like were on this site to impress people by seeing who can speak the best english, we came here to learn about aom so i suggest you all stop this fight (i realise this post may be a little late)

However bob said not all intelligent people can spell, very true, ienstien was a genius, yet he was dyslexic and whoever was having a go at him for using incorrect grammer, i'd stop now as you use it incorrectly (As bob pointed out) and who cares? seems as though your trying to change the subject

On the other hand (although i dont no you guys) your all being completelely aggressive towards each other. just stop now as your kinda ruining the thread (i also realise i am argueing off topic to this thread so dont point this out to me while trying to be smart, its one thing i cant stand when someone so stupid argues something so annoying retarded and thinks its clever) !

bobthedemon
Banned
posted 25 March 2005 07:11 PM EDT (US)     441 / 516       
Yes, the key to pointing out how bad someone else's spelling and grammar is to make sure that you don't make more mistakes than they did.
Dead_Fish
Mortal
posted 25 March 2005 07:51 PM EDT (US)     442 / 516       
id prefer not to do it at all as it is completely irrelavent to the "debate", as i said no1 is trying to impress anyone with their grammar, i just type as i would on msn, i tink mayb i use 2 many abriviations pos? wht u reck? ya tink i use 2 many abrivs?
LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 25 March 2005 11:08 PM EDT (US)     443 / 516       
Fish,
I do type how I would on msn. Even on msn, I don't use chat speaking besides the occasional "rofl".

Do I care if you use abbreviations/chat speak? No. I understand you the same, but I tend to look down on people who do this simply because things like "u" and "r" and "2" only save you 2-3 keystrokes while making your posts look like the were typed by dyslexic Einstein in preschool. Bob, I appologize, it was on page 15, its the one where I quoted your fancy paragraphs. Thats why there was a question mark after the 16, it means that I wasn't sure what page it was on. Though really, I would hope you read the whole topic before typing... Now, I'm glad you said you would email me, so hopefully this topic won't be part of any more off topic posts. If you want to insult me, please do it in email.

Now hopefully it will go back on topic.

" I didn't particularly feel like being arrested, so I argued with the soldiers a bit. Several of them died during the argument - those things happen once in a while. Unfortunately, one of the casualties was Taur Urgas' oldest son. The king of the Murgos took it personally. He's very narrow-minded sometimes. "

" Usually, when I need a boat, I steal one. Using one of my own seems immoral somehow. "

[This message has been edited by LoH_Silk (edited 03-25-2005 @ 11:09 PM).]

Artemis_Fowl
Mortal
posted 26 March 2005 00:05 AM EDT (US)     444 / 516       
mzhao: The Einherjar's special also damages units around it. I noticed it while I was playing a game as Loki, sent my Einherjar out, and when he blew his horn, the units around him were damaged and I could hear sounds of battle. It's really strange setting up Einherjar verses one unit, because the horn makes sounds of battle and swords clashing against, say, an oracle.(Un-heroized)

Practice makes perfect,but nobody's perfect,so why practice?
"We strive to utilize a variety of techniques to accomplish a broad spectrum of results towards the bottom line."

Dead_Fish
Mortal
posted 26 March 2005 06:32 AM EDT (US)     445 / 516       
loh_silk

i think u missed the joke about the abriviations, notice how i didnt use many if not 1 real word

and besides it doesnt make you look dyslexic einstien. And really man i wouldnt care if it looked like it was typed by einstien, that guy is a ledgend and that was a sucky insult.

more importantly why the hell are you being so agressive towards me, i never said anything to you, i never said loh_silk give me your opinion on abbreviations. if you dont like what ive said and it wasnt directed to you then keep it to yourself. i dont even know you.

and if your gonna say do you think i care?

mayb i shud be saying the same thing to you, do you think i care that you dont want to know about this and that. Do you think bob cares wether you dont agree with him

and more importantly. yes yyou shoud care, if your gonna attack someone about grammar expect them to defend themself or for someone else to attack you back for making an unfair and wrong comment, you clearly arnt used to argueing with people who can argue back because as soon as one does your sayin you dont care? how lame is that

[This message has been edited by Dead_Fish (edited 03-26-2005 @ 07:45 AM).]

pete722
Mortal
posted 26 March 2005 09:44 AM EDT (US)     446 / 516       
Again, no offence, but would you shut up about that??

not trying to be rude, but i dont think people really wanna hear about it.... :P
keep to the topic.
p.s. were you lot talking about me before?? :P
just curious lol
bobthedemon
Banned
posted 26 March 2005 08:58 PM EDT (US)     447 / 516       
Dead is right. He clearly isn't used to it.

He just carries on talking and then when he thinks the person has gone he starts going on about how he owned them and how he did amazing counters to all the other persons points!

That, of course, is all in his head and his way of trying to save face once he has failed to do any of the above.

Like when someone picks on someone else. The person just takes it and does nothing back. But once that person has gone, the one picked on starts going on about how he stood up to him by being silent and showed him that he was ignoring him. Truth is, he didn't dare say anything at all and took the crap like a wuss.

AzianPhoenix
Mortal
posted 26 March 2005 09:23 PM EDT (US)     448 / 516       
Hey guys, take a look at how much crap you guys wrote just arguing back and forth, no really, take a look. If you guys enjoyed writing all that, disregard what I am about to say next.

You guys are complete idiots, both sides (or more?), you wasted your time arguing when, if either of you were mature enough, just step out and say, "I'm sorry." As well as wasting your time, you all are craping up the posts and wasting everyone elses' time, trying to shift through your garbage. It's surprising how stupid some people are. It takes two to argue, grow up and end it.

Will ONE of you all just say it?

Best game ever made, don't dieeeeeeee

[This message has been edited by AzianPhoenix (edited 03-26-2005 @ 09:25 PM).]

LoH_Silk
Mortal
posted 26 March 2005 10:21 PM EDT (US)     449 / 516       
I'm sorry for wasting everyone's time. I didn't mean to spam the topic. I still believe that if micro was taken out of the game by auto attacking units with the strongest armor, the game would have no point. But it wasn't right to make meaningless posts in the topic. Fish, I didn't mean to come off insulting, but Bob, I am "used to it." I've been online for 9 years...so I know all the abbreviations and...everything else. I didn't know Fish well enough to know he was joking. To everyone else who has been affected directly or indirectly from my posts, I offer appologies.

(it really wouldn't have happened if Bob had emailed me or left an email like I asked him to do numerous times. I don't like taking topics OT.)

Edit: If you care about my opinion, you can read this...(really this shouldn't have to be stated, but people are complaining that I am forcing my opinion on you....if it comes out of my mouth its my opinion..not yours. You don't have to accept it..so I don't have to accept your opinion either.)I do enjoy debate, if it is intelligent. I didn't enjoy this one, simply because of Bob. If fish or some of the others would like to continue or contact me, I'll give you my IM or msn if you email me. I'm not going to argue any more in this topic, but if you want a response to your posts you'll have to email me. I don't think its worth it to even deign bob's with the time it took to read it, but thats just me. Anywho, I think its time I left this topic, because I don't want it closed. I learned a lot from it, and now its debate for like 3 pages straight. So, without further adieu,
Goodbye.

[This message has been edited by LoH_Silk (edited 03-26-2005 @ 10:27 PM).]

bobthedemon
Banned
posted 27 March 2005 06:40 AM EDT (US)     450 / 516       
So in summary, what you are saying is that I was right all along then.

Thanks.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 16 17 18 19 20 ··· 21  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames