Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.62 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Strategy Discussion » Pick me a god
Bottom
Topic Subject:Pick me a god
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
BaMbOo_OwNz_YoU
Mortal
posted 10 September 2004 05:35 AM EDT (US)         
well first off im a 18+ oranos palyer and im starting to find oranos lame, op , and easy. so i decided i should paly maybe a second god. well my micro is fine so i can handle everything very well. plz dont tell me to paly like 5 gods cos i want to build on one. and pick me a god thats not mega op.
im thinking odin,thor,set,ra or zeus.
AuthorReplies:
Cheesewiz
HG Alumnus
posted 11 September 2004 09:47 PM EDT (US)     26 / 62       
Personally, I recommend Jesus. He's got that cool walk-on-water bonus, and his Salvation god power is great. However, his units don't fight that well, they keep turning the other cheek. Don't worry though, his soldiers raise from the dead!

Ex-Seraph Cheesewiz - Former WICH Webmaster, AOE3H Webmaster, & RTWH Staff, HeavenGames LLC
World_in_Conflict_Heaven || Age_of_Empires_III_Heaven || Support_HeavenGames || The_Playpen || Do_The_Right_Thing
flyboyz2000k
Mortal
posted 12 September 2004 04:17 AM EDT (US)     27 / 62       
choose set and get it over with and actually see how far you get with him. you have to be a pro now a days to get to 1800+ with him. I made a topic of how to use set though with effective strategies from top players maybe you can find, but basically learn hot keys and micromanage like hell.
BaMbOo_OwNz_YoU
Mortal
posted 12 September 2004 05:50 PM EDT (US)     28 / 62       
set can be as op as isis or ra if u know how to play. odin requires more skill and thinking.
hippocrack
Mortal
posted 13 September 2004 01:09 AM EDT (US)     29 / 62       
^^^
Odin requiring more skill and thinking then set or ra? right mate... Oranos is the king of no skill, so I guess you would know. :/
BaMbOo_OwNz_YoU
Mortal
posted 13 September 2004 02:10 AM EDT (US)     30 / 62       
ra is argueably as op as isis set needs high micro. odin needs thinking and decision making
flyboyz2000k
Mortal
posted 13 September 2004 10:59 AM EDT (US)     31 / 62       
there has already been a topic hear about who is the better egyptian god and isis won hands down. ra is second and set comes in last. Odin isnt that hard to play his start is baically advance to classical in 4-5 start get your raiding cavalry out 2-3 sets of 5 raidng cavalry to disrupt opponent eco in classical try to get to heroic as fast as you can the build three hillforts and then you should pretty much be done. Set is so hard to play because 1. he is eggy so villagers gather slow as hell. 2. he has no god to help his eco until he gets to mythic and thats not saying much because most games end in 20 minutes meaning before you get there. 3. You have to use the pharoah with caution, meaning you have to micro him very well.

Basically set is only good for a rush or defensive play, a long game might hurt you in the long run.

hippocrack
Mortal
posted 13 September 2004 02:50 PM EDT (US)     32 / 62       
Ra does have power, however I believe it takes more skill and thinking to succeed with him then say - Odin. Basically I think Isis is more of the same except with her offensive GP's and monuments it makes her OP or easier to get stronger then your opponent. In otherwords she has a much easier time getting to Heroic(like Odin) then Ra. And Set was sooo completely nerfed that you really have to LIKE him to play. I can' think of a god that takes more micro'ing/skill/countering/thinking then Set. I see Odin players alot like Isis, they tease you a little then use their powerful GP's to hold you off until heroic. Maybe another God is too big of a jump for you but you said that whats you wanted.
Fenris77
Mortal
posted 13 September 2004 05:49 PM EDT (US)     33 / 62       
Why keep posting here? All he wants is attention.

Rating: 1750

Check out my Bellerophon Guide and my Myrmidon Guide

Member of the TpC_ Clan
Melkor_
Mortal
posted 13 September 2004 06:15 PM EDT (US)     34 / 62       

Quote:

set can be as op as isis or ra if u know how to play. odin requires more skill and thinking.

Completly true, what are you smoking Hippocrack? Egyptians were only hard in vanilla now with autoqueue they are one of the easiest civs. Only easier civs actually are atlanteans. It's sad how you think set is weak when set is just as OP as any Egyptian just a bit less than the other two. He still has mercenarys and half his stuff free and the eggy fh.

And he descended upon Arda in power and majesty greater than any other of the Valar, as a mountain that wades in the sea and has its head above the clouds and is clad in ice and crowned with smoke and fire; and the light of eyes of Melkor was like a flame that withers with heat and pierces with a deadly cold. - Tolkien
Eso Names: NoFx__Melkor beryl_acumen

[This message has been edited by Melkor_ (edited 09-13-2004 @ 06:17 PM).]

BaMbOo_OwNz_YoU
Mortal
posted 14 September 2004 02:03 AM EDT (US)     35 / 62       
continuous scouting wins the game. knowing where they are mining or hunting is very crucial. and set can get popped faster than in attie. slings train faster than turmas and set doesnt have to FH to win. set is actually about the middle in opness atties are opest. and hippocrack is drunk or noob
hippocrack
Mortal
posted 14 September 2004 03:10 AM EDT (US)     36 / 62       
^^^
Set is just as OP as the other eggy gods u say? Set is just as OP as Isis AND you say that they are the EASIEST except the Atlanteans?
Mans that just crazy, and the set FH??? I didn't know vision helped so much with that, nice to learn something new. - maybe you meant using vision to watch other people FH???
I think the problem is u guys are combining the idea of OP with easy and non thinking. I might concede the fact that he has access to nice gods,

but him - Set - the god - the point your making - his bonus's suck for econ, his military takes skill and thinking in classical. He's not anything like easy and OP AT ALL! It is relative anyhoo, BUT u tho krazee, using your logic set and ra should be the high atop the rankings for the majority of users right? Or are you using the incredible logic of "set can be as op as isis or ra if u know how to play"

Funny I don't remember seeing any Set or Ra OP threads since they got nerfed,
but I have seen Isis ones about EVERY day for 6 months.

I think you are also using a logic of "its easy for me therefor it applies to all" as opposed to what the numbers and the forums say - of which the far majority says otherwise.
Also pull your bamboo stick out of your brother and don't call people drunk or noob because they don't think set is as you say - "set can be as op as isis..."
Just cuz you got your confidence up to flameback after u get one person that agree's with you? Look at the numbers or at the 9,000 OP Isis threads and rethink your logic, nut, --- beyond that its relative anyway.

You yourself have the logic of a noob - comparing a slinger to a turma or a raider,[yeah I have seen all those "damn slinger threads" as opposed to all the turma threads you see in this forum constantly. [I'd really like to see you explain that one out because you will get beatdown badly, please try though]
You almost had me convinced with the free hyena and their great pop effectiveness winning the game for me too!
Also you have contradicted yourself with downgrading Set OPness down to " middle in opness atties are opest. " I guess you AGREE then! - Set is not as OP as Isis, as you SAID earlier, so I convinced you! Ha! Was it my noobeness or my drunkeness??? Attention given, regretfully...

Melkor_
Mortal
posted 14 September 2004 03:55 AM EDT (US)     37 / 62       
Me and bamboo are both 1800 unlike you.... gg

You can argue all you like but set isn't hard and isn't weak believe me I know. Set is harder than the other egyptians but easier than greeks and norse. And set may be weaker than the other Egyptians but stronger than norse and greeks but maybe tied with zeus/thor.

And he descended upon Arda in power and majesty greater than any other of the Valar, as a mountain that wades in the sea and has its head above the clouds and is clad in ice and crowned with smoke and fire; and the light of eyes of Melkor was like a flame that withers with heat and pierces with a deadly cold. - Tolkien
BaMbOo_OwNz_YoU
Mortal
posted 14 September 2004 04:16 AM EDT (US)     38 / 62       
set isnt op but certainly isnt as weak as u say. and i said set is arguably better or similiar to ra and isis depends on ur skill. in 1800 u dont need a lot practice cos u should, by then have real good micro even if ur attie ***** and u should have known when and what part a god is weak against. and im playing odin as second god now. and i find him fun to play and not up at all. i still dont understand why odin is one of weakest gods. explain, bragi is good but not always necessary. remember that if hes spamming eles he would have no food at all and FW is good but not everything. odin fh is tons better than thor's though thor armory is big factor. dwarves are very important in water maps and is very beneficial but seriously, odin is up.
BaMbOo_OwNz_YoU
Mortal
posted 14 September 2004 04:19 AM EDT (US)     39 / 62       
i mean, odin isnt up.
and melkor i finally figured ur tu0r
g days g days!!!
hippocrack
Mortal
posted 14 September 2004 04:32 AM EDT (US)     40 / 62       
When in doubt reference the fact that one is 1800 instead of 1700, I guess when you have nothing good to say regarding the FACTS.

And Odin isn't UP or OP and thats not even the the discussion, the discussion is Set and your are wrong and thats why the cute little couple that U both R, are backing down.

Anyway your backing down completly from what you guys were saying, now its Set is weaker then the other eggy gods and maybe tied with a a norse and a Greek god. So who's the forum bitc*?

Fenris77
Mortal
posted 14 September 2004 09:54 AM EDT (US)     41 / 62       
Bamboo pted to 1800 to make a name for himself, it's been proven so . . . . .

Rating: 1750

Check out my Bellerophon Guide and my Myrmidon Guide

Member of the TpC_ Clan
Orion_Tok
Mortal
(id: Sp3ctre)
posted 14 September 2004 10:23 AM EDT (US)     42 / 62       

Quote:

Completly true, what are you smoking Hippocrack? Egyptians were only hard in vanilla now with autoqueue they are one of the easiest civs

I have to disagree there. Using Autoqueue on Eggy military is suicide IMO. Your population gets chewed up quicker than a Big Mac in a Homeless Shelter, and you have no villies. Set with no villies = death.

Why are Greeks easier to play than Set? Set cannot FH as well as most civs, and Greek units are simpler and more powerful than Rax units. Set is not an easy god to play, and he is NO WAY as OP as Isis.

Set doesn't have the economy or god paths to be OP. No Anc/Eclipse, no early merc spamming (no prosperity and crap gatherers mean that it's incredibly inefficient to spam mercs). He gets Thoth elephants, but it's not easy to get to mythic let alone spam elephants with the terrible economy of Set. If an 1800 Set beats an 1800 Isis I'll be incredibly impressed...

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
Melkor_
Mortal
posted 14 September 2004 04:54 PM EDT (US)     43 / 62       
Tok, that simply isn't true bud if you manage your eco good Eggy can aq everything and u don't need to aq mil until u need them.

Orion_Tok
Mortal
(id: Sp3ctre)
posted 14 September 2004 07:31 PM EDT (US)     44 / 62       
AQ everything except your mil when you need it? Isn't that just 'AQ your economy'?

I find that it IS true, and it's factually true in some games I've played. I did an FH with Set and then spammed CA out of a Migdol. I had CA being trained about 4 times faster than villagers, so my pop was being taken up by military and I didn't even use AQ! I had about 25 villies until the 15 minute mark, thus I got thoroughly owned and learnt that Eggy shouldn't AQ military until late game.

I think my point was badly put across. What I meant was that 'Until you have your villagers over 60+, it's suicide to AQ military'. That's better I think

Proud member of the Orion Clan
Orion_Tok
Check out my Japanese Civilisation Design Here!
Odinary
Mortal
posted 15 September 2004 03:35 AM EDT (US)     45 / 62       
Bamboo..

What is the nic you are going to use so we can all follow your progress with Odin..

BaMbOo_OwNz_YoU
Mortal
posted 17 September 2004 05:33 AM EDT (US)     46 / 62       
AQ is the only choice or else u wont have enough micro to actually do the stop necessary
coxy65
Mortal
posted 18 September 2004 07:28 AM EDT (US)     47 / 62       
maybe you could try kronos and practice his rush if ur bored with oranos
BaMbOo_OwNz_YoU
Mortal
posted 18 September 2004 06:22 PM EDT (US)     48 / 62       
kronos rush sux. and im as good as kronos as oranos.
wildturkey_72
Mortal
posted 18 September 2004 09:14 PM EDT (US)     49 / 62       
Have you started playing with Odin yet Bamboo?

Accept No Immitations
-Wildturkey
BaMbOo_OwNz_YoU
Mortal
posted 18 September 2004 10:02 PM EDT (US)     50 / 62       
yep. 1700 already in few days
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames