You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Technical Help
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.260 replies, Sticky
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Technical Help » Invalid CD-Key? Look Here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Invalid CD-Key? Look Here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11  Next Page »
papaya
ಠ_ಠ
(id: X_MOSS)
posted 27 October 2007 11:21 PM EDT (US)         

Invalid CD-Key/Can't connect to ESO

There are solutions for some copies of the game. This problem is caused by new copies of Age of Mythology - Gold Edition being shipped with the same CD-Key. Since a CD-Key can only be logged onto ESO once at a time, this causes these copies to never or almost never work online. This is a very common problem that many new users have been facing ever since Microsoft gave the distribution rights for Age of Mythology to other publishers. If you have one of these newer copies of the game and are experiencing this problem, your CD-Key will be as follows: BDKRJ-HFRHW-8W3YV-*****-*****

Luckily, our users have found that these sellers are able to give out new, unique, CD-Keys. Firstly you'll need to check the box of your recently purchased game to find the vendor. The following vendors are known to sell Age of Mythology - Gold Edition: Valusoft, Ubisoft, That's Hot and Xplosiv. Once you find your vendor, follow the directions under the corresponding header below:

Valusoft

You will need to email their support department using the form on this page asking for new CD-Keys for online play. You will probably have to provide certain information from your CD or box. For more information, see this thread.

Ubisoft

You will need to email their support department using the form on this page, asking for new CD-Keys for online play. You will probably have to provide certain information from your CD or box. For more information, see this thread.

Recently people have reported that Ubisoft were only given a certain amount of new CD-Keys from Microsoft and have now run out. At this point, there is nothing you can do except try to get a refund and find another copy of the game from a different distributer.

Xplosiv

You will need to email their support department (support@empire.co.uk) asking for a new CD-Key for online play. Including the following information in your email:

1) An image of the rear of the box showing the barcode.
2) An image of the receipt for the game. If no receipt is available you will need to send an image of the header from a Gas or Electricity bill showing your name and address.

That's Hot

There is no known solution for copies of the game sold by That's Hot. It says on the cover in the small print that the game is not compatible with online play. Try to get a refund and find another copy of the game from a different distributer.

If you cannot find Ubisoft, Valusoft, Xplosiv or That's Hot anywhere on the package, look harder! It has been reported that at times it is very well disguised and hard to find. If your copy of the game is published by someone not on the list above, please post a reply to this thread.

oh you can wait for what I can give
you know what I am so you know how I live
try to look proud but youíre not in the slightest
its happening now and itís always been like this.

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 07-05-2009 @ 07:56 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
DeathAndPain
Citizen
posted 28 June 2010 09:03 AM EDT (US)     226 / 260       
No. Selling a key without the rest fo the game would be piracy.

And you will not be able to obtain an online-compatible key even if you decide to buy a new box anyway.

Darkness is a state of mind
Valor is the contempt of Death and Pain. (Tacitus)
Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. (Piet Hein)
Aom_Sync
Citizen
posted 12 July 2010 07:30 AM EDT (US)     227 / 260       

[This message has been edited by DragonQ (edited 07-24-2010 @ 07:53 AM).]

Greek_BTs
Citizen
posted 14 July 2010 01:51 AM EDT (US)     228 / 260       
I own a copy of Xplosiv and i can get a picture of the barcode but i don't got an image of the receipt for the game and i cant get an image of the header from a Gas or Electricity bill showing your name and address [ am only 16 years old].
Anything else that would work instead of an image of the header from a Gas or Electricity?
dallas137
Citizen
posted 22 July 2010 01:33 PM EDT (US)     229 / 260       
hmmmm, it seems i was mistaken, i apologize

I ask too many questions?
Hey, I think I'm back :P

[This message has been edited by dallas137 (edited 07-22-2010 @ 01:38 PM).]

Peter Fallon
Citizen
(id: Xzyiothe)
posted 24 July 2010 06:44 AM EDT (US)     230 / 260       
Anything else that would work instead of an image of the header from a Gas or Electricity?
Get your parent's permission? Really, this is mostly just so they can prove you live where you say you do so they know that they're sending the working key to the right address. There's no need to make this complicated.
No. Selling a key without the rest fo the game would be piracy.
Didn't exactly read the fine print of the redistribution portion of the EULA but we suggest people buy keys from AoE3Hers all the time since they've long moved on from AoM.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil

[This message has been edited by Xzyiothe (edited 07-24-2010 @ 06:46 AM).]

B_Con1513
Citizen
posted 25 July 2010 11:32 PM EDT (US)     231 / 260       
i have had this problem for years... and im only 14!!! ive been playing since i was 9. but just latley i went on this website and found out about the whole cd-key thing. i called customer service like 4 times.. took about 1 hour and 15 min each time and they fixed it for me. or at least i thought... while it worked for about a week, it started to say, "your cd key cannot currently be validated, please try again in a few minuetes." back to the same old shit again.
but today i just emailed xplosiv with a pic of the back cover. i explained my problems and hopefully ill get a new cd-key soon. ill write back when they email me.

i looked back in the messages i sent it to an invalid e-mail address. i sent it to one that was on the box, and someone said that support@xplosiv.net doesnt work. is this true?

[This message has been edited by B_Con1513 (edited 07-26-2010 @ 11:28 AM).]

devoure
Citizen
posted 29 July 2010 03:09 PM EDT (US)     232 / 260       
hello. i bought an original copy of AoM Gold Edition today. and i logged in once and played a game in eso. but after, i started to get Cannot validate cd key error and i sent an e-mail to ubisoft. and they replied like this:
Hello there,

Microsoft was handling the online support for Age of Mythology: Gold Edition. We have been informed by Microsoft that the on-line play is no longer available, this particular title was released within their budget exclusive range and Microsoft are no longer providing on-line access.

We apologise for any inconvenience this has caused.

If you, feel you have been sold an incomplete game you should return this back to the distributor/retailer or contact Microsoft.

Kind regards,
Peter
Ubisoft Technical Support

is there a way to solve this problem? for instance e-mailing to microsoft?
B_Con1513
Citizen
posted 29 July 2010 03:27 PM EDT (US)     233 / 260       
it has been over 3 days and xplosiv still has not contacted me. what email address's have you guys tried that worked for xplosiv?

my email company sent back a email saying that after 4 days no one opened the email so they sent it back... HELP

[This message has been edited by B_Con1513 (edited 08-04-2010 @ 01:17 PM).]

Sephlock
Citizen
posted 09 August 2010 02:16 PM EDT (US)     234 / 260       
I can't seem to find an original copy of the titans expansion pack for sale (all the ones I see are ones that include AoM, and since I see people have had problems with both the gold edition and the "bonus" edition.....)

For a guy who has already gotten the gold edition once and gotten burned, what is the most practical way to get back online (aside from direct ip)?

I see that Ubisoft ran out of keys- does anyone have any *CURRENT* information on Valusoft, or the other vendor(s)? I sent Valusoft an email inquiring about this but I have yet to get a response... maybe because I didn't include the requisite information, but was just asking if they still gave out new keys?

Anyways, I'd like to get back into this, if I can.
Peter Fallon
Citizen
(id: Xzyiothe)
posted 10 August 2010 00:18 AM EDT (US)     235 / 260       
@devoure

They're lying to you. Robot Entertainment is maintaining the servers. Basically just bug them until they run out of excuses to screw you. While they've run out of keys, you may be able to force their hand by telling you exactly what to tell Microsoft.
I can't seem to find an original copy of the titans expansion pack for sale
Buy it online. Specifically look for second hand copies, as those are the only ones with a unique key. Confirm it comes with a key and that it is an original microsoft version before you make the purchase
For a guy who has already gotten the gold edition once and gotten burned, what is the most practical way to get back online (aside from direct ip)?
Direct IP. Use GameRanger, but it's basically a lobby for direct IP.

☭ Long live the Turk ☭
"Xzy is the worst parts of kman and legion combined, only with proper spelling so you know he's smart enough to act otherwise if he wasn't such an idiot." - theferret
"Xzy is like all of the terrible Guardian contributors rolled into one person. Proof that you can genetically engineer a humanoid abomination." - Fiindil
Nicos
Citizen
posted 11 August 2010 11:11 AM EDT (US)     236 / 260       
I just e-mailed Ubisoft about getting a new key, they responded:

We have been informed by Microsoft that the on-line play is no longer available, this particular title was released within their budget exclusive range and Microsoft are no longer providing on-line access.

We are sorry for any inconvenience this has caused.

This isn't true, right? You can still play online? If online play is still supported by Microsoft, how am I supposed to respond to this?

[This message has been edited by Nicos (edited 08-11-2010 @ 11:12 AM).]

maxpancho
Citizen
posted 14 August 2010 06:18 AM EDT (US)     237 / 260       
They are being unfair and mean lying to people. I wanna play on ESO so I need to buy me a Gold Edition box. But I am not sure what to do now if they will not send me unique cd-key. What do I do?

Is there any vendor I can email after I buy their game box to request a unique key?

[This message has been edited by maxpancho (edited 08-14-2010 @ 06:24 AM).]

Sephlock
Citizen
posted 17 August 2010 05:29 PM EDT (US)     238 / 260       
Well I found a new copy of the expansion pack... thats something I guess.
NecroNinja2
Citizen
posted 26 August 2010 00:51 AM EDT (US)     239 / 260       
ok ive been through all this before, i bought the titans xpansion, sent in the cover, got a real cd key, and now i lost it again -.-
i have aom installed on one of my computers already, i used the new cdkey and everything. is there anyway i can like search my computer and find the cd key in a text document or something? (vista)

if anyone knows how to find it once its in the computer, please... please help
DragonQ
SC2H Seraph
posted 26 August 2010 07:10 AM EDT (US)     240 / 260       
You can recover a lost key if you still have the game installed on a computer somewhere. Read FAQ 6a

Take my love, take my land, take me where I cannot stand.
I don't care, I'm still free, you can't take the sky from me.
Take me out to the black, tell them I ain't comin' back.
Burn the land and boil the sea, you can't take the sky from me.
There's no place I can be, since I found Serenity.
But you can't take the sky from me...
maxpancho
Citizen
posted 01 September 2010 09:01 AM EDT (US)     241 / 260       
@maxpancho We no longer support AoM and are unable to generate product keys http://bit.ly/b7crnh. ^SS
Tue Aug 24 2010 18:32:06 (Eastern Europe Daylight Time) via Internal Tool in reply to maxpancho

in a reply to

@MicrosoftHelps So I'm asking if you will give me the original ones(AoM+AoMX) in case I provide you with the information from the box?
10:32 PM Aug 21st via web
@MicrosoftHelps My last message was a little messy, because I didn't expect you to answer really. That is good you do..
2:43 AM Aug 21st via web
@MicrosoftHelps I want to buy AoM Gold Edition CD and play ESO online, but since keys there are the same for everyone it is not possible.
2:39 AM Aug 21st via web
@MicrosoftHelps hey, microsoft, what about cd-keys? will you give away original cdkeys to those who have AoM and AoMx cds?
11:42 AM Aug 20th via web
Marauder1221
Citizen
posted 02 October 2010 07:15 PM EDT (US)     242 / 260       
Hey when I try to log on to ESO it says invalid CD key, but I have TT. What do I do?

I'm the he he ha ha hilarious Entertainer and Scenario Designer of Mythic Studios:Mythic StudiosYou better laugh at my jokes...
Expert n00b to modding alert!!!
Where's the beef!?!?!?
Silly Songs with Larry The Water Buffalo Song
Ain't No Mountain High Enough!
Like Fallout 3? Join my forum!Fallout 3 New Vegas
BSU_DoLhades
Citizen
posted 17 January 2011 12:22 PM EDT (US)     243 / 260       
I get the same

one solution (This is the ONLY way I can log in) is by right clicking the shortcut on desktop, and running as Admin, you HAVE to do this every time, it is the only way i can log into TT

Leader and Trigger Artist of Mythic Studios
I need players for my Peloponnesian War RPG (Its Semi-Historical)
Now quit being a bitch and quote me in your signature like Yeebaagooon used to. ~Out Reach
hoodedwarbler12
Citizen
posted 27 January 2011 09:13 PM EDT (US)     244 / 260       
It doesn't say who made mine, just microsoft and es. I've looked at every word. What can I do?
Wait, i found out in the manual that it is ValuSoft. Phew!

[This message has been edited by hoodedwarbler12 (edited 01-27-2011 @ 09:16 PM).]

Andres12345
Citizen
posted 08 March 2011 07:11 PM EDT (US)     245 / 260       
I Am really desperate for this game, i loved it soo much, until i realized how fun it was to play online so i tried and this Validation error is what i get.

Too bad for me, i cannot do nothing because i live in South America Venezuela and i just can't do nothing bout it.

They sell copies here although used cd keys.
So i got one but it was in spanish so i tried to play anyway although when i tried online the same error.

I'm tired of playing alone in the game and i want to play with other people... but this damn error blocks me.

I Wish they never invented CD Keys, just for spam bots, bleh, there a millions of CD key generators anyway, Idiots....

They should think of what will happen in the FUTURE!
Microsoft: Hmm, lets see, how can we prevent spam bots? Bots and hackers? Hmm... A gigantic Code for the installation! Yeah, good idea so we can only allow trusted players to play!

*4 years later*

Microsoft:We cannot handle this much players! We need to just generate a cd key and give it too all of them!

I Wish i can just play this game....

( Oh and i live in another country so they damn can't email me or reply back. )

( Dont even dare to say the old thing Move to america i will but in a long time... wait...... Why cant i just play a game?

Recovering the lost artifact i made a damn long time ago. Assasins v7. Stolen by many unknown creatures, what have i done?
" They say i can't wear a chefs hat in saturn surrounded by pie, is it true? "
Games playing
Minecraft [50%]
AOM:TT[40%]
Perfect World International Genesis [10%]
Villi
Citizen
posted 08 March 2011 07:28 PM EDT (US)     246 / 260       
Hey, you can still play online using Voobly or GameRanger. For the time being, GR has more players, but Voobly is just starting up.

I think FOG.
Andres12345
Citizen
posted 10 March 2011 06:46 PM EDT (US)     247 / 260       
I Dont play Normal random maps... i play WRP God is Watching and GLADIATORS...

Both play normal RM's.

Recovering the lost artifact i made a damn long time ago. Assasins v7. Stolen by many unknown creatures, what have i done?
Games playing
Minecraft [50%]
Villi
Citizen
posted 10 March 2011 10:06 PM EDT (US)     248 / 260       
If that is scenarios (or custom RMs for that matter) they can be played on voobly or gameranger just like in an ESO advanced game.

I think FOG.
Andres12345
Citizen
posted 11 March 2011 03:25 PM EDT (US)     249 / 260       
I do, although no one ever comes. Of course they think like " I Dont know that scenario so i won't play it. "

I even put " All Welcome " Or " Noobs Allowed " no one comes...

Sigh... goodbye AOM. ( Uninstallng AOM? Sure!)

Games playing
Minecraft [50%]

[This message has been edited by Andres12345 (edited 03-13-2011 @ 05:22 PM).]

Wetaskinator
Citizen
posted 04 April 2011 10:36 PM EDT (US)     250 / 260       
Hello, I have the Xplosiv version of Age of Mythology: The Titans Expansion, and only recently have I decided to try to get a new CD key. By the way, I am based in Canada.

First, I tried the Email that was given in this thread (support@empire.co.uk), and received this error message immediately upon sending an email to them.
Delivery to the following recipient failed permanently:

support@empire.co.uk

Technical details of permanent failure:
Google tried to deliver your message, but it was rejected by the recipient domain. We recommend contacting the other email provider for further information about the cause of this error. The error that the other server returned was: 550 550 unknown user (state 14).
Second, I tried the email that was featured in my box. (support@xplosiv.net), and I received this error message a day or two later.
This is an automatically generated Delivery Status Notification

THIS IS A WARNING MESSAGE ONLY.

YOU DO NOT NEED TO RESEND YOUR MESSAGE.

Delivery to the following recipient has been delayed:

support@xplosiv.net

Message will be retried for 2 more day(s)

Technical details of temporary failure:
The recipient server did not accept our requests to connect. Learn more at http://mail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=7720
[mail.xplosiv.net. (5): Connection timed out]
It has been two more days.

All help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance! And if no one helps me, I take back that thanks.

[This message has been edited by Wetaskinator (edited 04-04-2011 @ 10:38 PM).]

« Previous Page  1 ··· 8 9 10 11  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames