You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.54 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » URGENT: Who is willing to help my campaign?
Bottom
Topic Subject:URGENT: Who is willing to help my campaign?
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Highgear56
Mortal
posted 16 April 2003 08:51 PM EDT (US)         
If you don't know, I posted a trailer for my newest campaign, Vengeance, in the download section (Campaigns).

The problem is, I still couldn't find anyone who is willing to help with voice re-enactment. I tried e-mailing ES forever, and they STILL wouldn't reply, and I tried e-mailing dgdn.net to sign up and maybe get some help with them, but their e-mail didnt come yet either. If someone has nearly exellent voices of the campaign characters, even if you only know 1 voice, please email me at Viper_of_Kronos@yahoo.com .

If you help me, not only will your pretty voices () be published, but you will also earn credit for the making of the campaign. You will be famous.

This campaign is not second-rate work. It's gonna be big, lemme tell you. I need the following, and FAST!

-Voice re-enactments
-Campaign Editor (Whos good with making campaigns, like how to put scenarios in and hide cinematic ones)
-Testers (To see if there are any bugs to be fixed)
-Advertisers (optional) (Post campaign info (maybe my trailer even) all over the world (internet, of course).

P.S. I need people who can do these voices:

-Kronos (Highgear56)
-Hades (battlestar000)
-Kastor
-Arkantos
-Chiron
-Reginleif
-Amanara
-Odysseus
-Ajax
-Theocrat
-Agamenmon
-Theris (Highgear56)
-Gargerensis
-Kemsyt
-Polyphemus (Highgear56)
-Cyclops (Highgear56)
-Kamos
-Villager or soldier (make one up, but be decent. I don't want no 6 year old talkin, k? It's gotta be realistic)

It don't have to be exact, you know. Just pretty close to the thing.

Thank you very much.

Highgear56

Look up. Look down. Look at my thumb.

Gee, you're dumb.

[This message has been edited by Highgear56 (edited 04-25-2003 @ 10:34 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Highgear56
Mortal
posted 23 April 2003 06:47 PM EDT (US)     26 / 54       
Well, I got a Kronos (me) and a Hades voice now (battlestar000) and I'm still looking for more. For now, I'll just take the names of characters on my list and write the actor's name by it. I might possibly do Polyphemus as well. So get those pretty voices of yours to help me in my campaign You'll be menchoned as one of the makers, since you contributed voices that is if you do

Gee, you're dumb.

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 23 April 2003 07:16 PM EDT (US)     27 / 54       
let me try arkantos... although i failed so many times, i still wanna try. :P
Highgear56
Mortal
posted 23 April 2003 07:27 PM EDT (US)     28 / 54       
Good. Thank you, battlestar000.

Gee, you're dumb.

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 05:46 PM EDT (US)     29 / 54       
any lines for me to practice on?
Highgear56
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 06:12 PM EDT (US)     30 / 54       
for all voices or the ones you'll try to do

-Surrender, fools!
-The seige is too weak!
-You'll regret that...

Gee, you're dumb.

Highgear56
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 08:00 PM EDT (US)     31 / 54       
Well, it's almost time, folks. Get those voices sent to me soon or I'm shutting the whole operation down.

If I don't get at least 1 more entry by Sunday morning, you just blew it for everyone.

Gee, you're dumb.

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 08:25 PM EDT (US)     32 / 54       
thought there are ppl who said they could help on pg 1... did they send it?
Highgear56
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 08:57 PM EDT (US)     33 / 54       
yeah.. dunno why they're not "E-MAILING" me, lol.

Viper_of_Kronos@Yahoo.com

Does anyone have contact with an official age of mythology person(s)? If so, ask them if they could help with the voice acting, lol. I'm starting to get desperate.

Gee, you're dumb.

Mojo14
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 09:25 PM EDT (US)     34 / 54       
I hope you were not counting on me to voice because my Mic. is not working and I don't think I have a good enough voice.
Highgear56
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 09:48 PM EDT (US)     35 / 54       
Never put yourself down. Any voice could be perfect... Well adult sounding ones at least no 6 year olds talkin

if you're mic is bad.. dont worry about it

Gee, you're dumb.

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 09:59 PM EDT (US)     36 / 54       
K arkantos' not working for me, how about Gargaransis?
hehe i know how desperate u r. I've just lived through 4 month of that

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 04-24-2003 @ 10:01 PM).]

Highgear56
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 10:29 PM EDT (US)     37 / 54       
Sure, try anything u want. Just say those lines I gavce you from before on the reply.

or do these for any character as well:

-Surrender, fools!
-I though we were supposed to lock the gate!
-Theris' plans have worked out well... Soon, Set will come to me.

try those

Gee, you're dumb.

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 24 April 2003 10:31 PM EDT (US)     38 / 54       
TwentyOneScore
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 12:37 PM EDT (US)     39 / 54       
>Get those voices sent to me soon or I'm shutting the whole operation down.
>If I don't get at least 1 more entry by Sunday morning, you just blew it
>for everyone.

Just a suggestion, but if you don't show CONVICTION to your own project, don't expect too many people to want to jump on board. Saying that you are going to shut down a project for any reason causes people to think of it as doomed and a waste of their time to even offer help.

>This campaign is not second-rate work. It's gonna be big, lemme tell you.

A truly first-rate campaign would not fold because voice actors were not found in 10 days. I'm surprised that you are worried about voices at this point (unless 90% of the work is already done and I don't know it) because this is not likely to stop work on the project. What I would do is make all the voices myself as crude placeholders so I could continue making the campaign, then as you find people to do the real final voices, replace the crude files one by one with finished files.

I would also give up on any hope of ES doing voices for you. I'm sure they PAID to have them done professionally in a sound studio with professional equipment. If they offered to aid in campaign design they would be flooded with requests from every joe scenario designer with half-baked ideas that never reach fruition.

Sorry to be a downer, I don't want to discourage anyone. Too many threads around here seem to start the same way - "I'm gonna do this awesome project, but I don't know how to do 99% of it so I need others to do it for me. Who wants in?". It's easy to start a thread saying that you are going to:

1) Create the awesome campaign.
2) Start a design studio.
3) Completely re-mod AOM to different civs.

but be realistic to yourself and others. If you start such an undertaking you really ought to:

1) Have conviction and show others you are serious.
2) Be able to lead a team, not just start a thread about it.
3) Have general knowledge about what you are doing. If you are going to claim to be writing the next best campaign, at least know how to use the editor...

HG56 - I'm sure not all this applies to you, it is directed at a larger audience. Your willingness to simply trash your "not second-rate work It's gonna be big" project just bought it to a head.

"Just invite him over for dinner. Turn him from an enemy into a friend. Then when he's least expecting, BAM! The old fork in the eye!" - M.S.
--
Member Tsunami Studios <<< Play TOS Maps - 9 Maps - Avg Rating: 4.67! >>>
Highgear56
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 04:10 PM EDT (US)     40 / 54       
Well... I'm speechless, yet offended and frustrated by you, Twenty. I am ready to lead a team, but so far I have only 1 person helping me, lol. I guess I would understand that ES wouldn't help. I'm starting the scenarios today. By May 20th, the campaign scenarios will be completed, but I need the voices. Soon enough, I'll have a script for my entire campaign, but I can't do the voices without people. So please hear my plea, people. I really need voices. This is my first ever campaign, and I'm a professional plot/scenario designer. When my first scenario is done, I'll post it on the downloads just to show you people. I'll put crude voices, lol. But when I get actors for ALL voices, we're gonna get rollin.

Gee, you're dumb.

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 05:04 PM EDT (US)     41 / 54       
TOS, that's not a pleasant read.

Quote:

1) Have conviction and show others you are serious.
2) Be able to lead a team, not just start a thread about it.
3) Have general knowledge about what you are doing. If you are going to claim to be writing the next best campaign, at least know how to use the editor...

HG56 - I'm sure not all this applies to you, it is directed at a larger audience.

I know you from aomc, and you are an awesome map maker. However perhaps you should attempt a campaign.

It's frustrating to see how your opinion goes. 99% is too harsh of a percentage. What you said is true, but when you are starting a campaign, you DON'T need all that. It all can come over time.

1)I have done all i could to show conviction and show others i am serious, mainly by my effort to publicize it, and screenshots.
2)I am already leading a team, not just had threads on it.
3)I have not just general knowledge on what i'm doing. I've been solving others' trigger problems for many months by now.

Quote:

1) Create the awesome campaign.
2) Start a design studio.
3) Completely re-mod AOM to different civs.

yes, no, no.
1)yes it's being created.
2)no, it's a waste of time to start a studio, and it's pointless. you have to escord ppl into ur studio, basically same thing. On campaign making, Friend based team works better, I'm doing it that's why i'm saying it. Not a theory to me.
3)no no no! why would modding be important? that's the last thing ever to consider for a campaign.

[This message has been edited by battlestar000 (edited 04-25-2003 @ 05:05 PM).]

Highgear56
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 05:27 PM EDT (US)     42 / 54       
thank you, battlestar000! TOS, that "really was" not a pleasent thing to read. If you wanna get mad, don't get mad at me for my goals. Go and make your own campaign and design studio and/or team and see how it feels.

Gee, you're dumb.

TwentyOneScore
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 05:56 PM EDT (US)     43 / 54       
>Sorry to be a downer

Everything after that line was meant to the general audience and not directly at HG56. I know he is not starting a design studio or writing an AOM mod and I stated in my original post that this was not directed completely at him. The post would have been better as it's own thread & more generalized so as not to look like it was directed at HG56. I am sorry to come across as attacking/confrontational. Battlestar, I certainly was not directing those remarks at any one particular person's project, & certainly were not meant towards yours. My bulleted list was a generalization of the types of posts that make me think such thoughts and what traits I felt someone who would make such a post needed.

I'm not mad at anyone or as I said, trying to discourage anyone. I just found HG56's remark that if no one else volunteered to help him that they had "just blew it for everyone" and he would pull the plug on the whole campaign to be worthy of a comment. Perhaps I was not the one that should have made it, but it's out there now. I am not mad at you, HG56, for your goals, I just found the threats you made a strange way to solicit help.

If I ever do start a campaign it will depend solely on me to be completed. If I do seek help on it, unresposiveness would not terminate the project or compromise the end result.

"Just invite him over for dinner. Turn him from an enemy into a friend. Then when he's least expecting, BAM! The old fork in the eye!" - M.S.
--
Member Tsunami Studios <<< Play TOS Maps - 9 Maps - Avg Rating: 4.67! >>>
battlestar000
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 06:42 PM EDT (US)     44 / 54       

Quote:

If I do seek help on it, unresposiveness would not terminate the project or compromise the end result.

yes exactly that i totally agree. I've gotten just tooooo many cases of this is frustrates me, but never hinders the production. some would actually email me to say he'll join then after i mail back with info they're just completely gone. not even a reply to say that he's not going to do it.
Highgear56
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 07:07 PM EDT (US)     45 / 54       
well now that we got that settled, can we continue with the voices thingy? Who is willing to help with the voices? Pick a character on the list u think u can do

Gee, you're dumb.

Highgear56
Mortal
posted 25 April 2003 10:36 PM EDT (US)     46 / 54       
Well, I'm doing a few more voices.

Gee, you're dumb.

Highgear56
Mortal
posted 26 April 2003 11:38 AM EDT (US)     47 / 54       
Attention people, I am very sorry to say this, but I blew it for everyone, not you. You see, I just got Empire Earth today and, well... I'm gonna be tied up with it, lol. Nesides, I really don't want to go through all the trouble. So as of today, may this thread be closed. Battlestar000, I'm sorry, but I'm gonna close the whole dang operation. So if it's not that much trouble, heavengames, can you close all of my threads (or this one at least) and cancel the download "Campaign Preview" (both of them) at the downloads section. I'm afraid this is my last post in aom.heavengames.com for quite a while now. So farewell everyone. You've all been great. Who knows, maybe there's still a chance I might come back soon.

Gee, you're dumb.

battlestar000
Mortal
posted 26 April 2003 02:04 PM EDT (US)     48 / 54       
that's alright, good luck and have fun
Highgear56
Mortal
posted 28 April 2003 09:21 PM EDT (US)     49 / 54       
um... like I said, can someone close the downloads "Campaign Preview" and "Campaing "Vengeance" Preview"? (they're the same, but one with readme I don't really want to make a camapgin anymore, and I don't want everyone expecting a campaign from me, lol. It's true, I got Empire Earth, but it doesn't mean I won't play aom. I don't think there is any more use for the forums (for me) so... .... Maybe I'll have a question here and there once a while.

Gee, you're dumb.

Highgear56
Mortal
posted 29 April 2003 04:16 PM EDT (US)     50 / 54       
aw, wat the heck. I'm back in buissness people! Hey battlestar000, are you still ready to help with my campaign? I need voices people. And I'm postponing the date for the campaign to June 5th.

Gee, you're dumb.

« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames