You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.62 replies
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Spartan 2: Talos the Wolf, you can make a difference!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Spartan 2: Talos the Wolf, you can make a difference!
« Previous Page  1 2 3  Next Page »
Gaurdian112
Mortal
posted 27 May 2003 06:46 AM EDT (US)         

Take some time to read the FAQ to answer your questions

What do you want seen in Talos the Wolf? Tell me now in this thread! .
The release of Spartan wasn't too welcome, with the scenario getting around a 3.0 rating. With Spartan 2 in the making, I wanted to give you an idea of what to expect:

A) Epic RPG Style Gameplay Including-:

1) Character's Eat. When you reach 0 food, you die. You can buy food at the markets in Sparta, on farms, actually there is a food market in almost every single major city/village.

2) You can buy Soldiers, Weapons, and God Powers.

3) You get money by taking certain jobs, some very hard some very easy. There are over 50 jobs in Talos the Wolf.

4) Music all through the game.

5) Active cities, forests, etc.. No more dull cities. Everyone moves. Trade carts, soldiers, cavalry, villagers, they're all busy men ( and women ).

6) All units talk, most of them give you hints, some of them just say stuff.

7) The ability to walk around wherever you want in the city of Sparta until the Ephor Ephimius is ready to see you.

8) Search for the lost sword of Karas and retrieve it to claim kingship over the Helots.

9) Beautifly crafted city and enviornment with mountains of eye candy. ( Lag will not be an issue this time ).

10) Get gold from the bodies of those you have slain. Some bodies might reveal a little extra something.

11) You can kill just about anyone..but beware, if you do the people won't take it lightly.

11)

B) Large Battles :

Large battles involing 100's of units.

C) Arcade Mode

There is now an Arcade room/zone. Five playable games, ranging from extemely easy to extremely difficult. The ability to get into the arcade zone at any time of the game. Gold instead of god powers is the prize.

D) Build your own city:

Command the helots to build your own city. You can decide the layout, etc.. Certain spots on the city grow flowers and other eye candy! Building rate makes it so buildings take ages to build (and guess what you have to defend while you're building).

Now the main part of this small preview. This is your chance to change anything, to add anything. You tell me, and if its reasonable, I'll do it. What do you want to add to the campaign? What do you think should be there? Its your call..act now!.

FAQ:

Will Spartan 2 be an RPG?

Yes it will. Spartan 2 will contain all the elements neccasary to create a genuine RPG atmosphere, and I'm taking in your ideas to make it perfect.

When will it be done?

A release date is not known yet since the scenario is still in developement stages.

How much has been done?

Alot in respect to Spartan. I've exceeded the number of triggers I used for all of Spartan just for the Ambitient stuff like trade carts and armies moving in Spartan 2.

Who's going to playtest?

I'll be opening up for outside playtesting soon. Responsible, trustworthy people ONLY.

Can I do anything to make this scenario better?

Yes you can! Just tell me what you want! So far the community has helped loads..I'm loaded with ideas. But I'm sure I can fit in 1 or 2 hundred more from you guys:d.

What's your MSN Messenger email?

scooter_logical@hotmail.com

Are you getting any help from other designers to do this?

No. But I am getting your help-your ideas will be implemented into this scenario.

Will I have to worry about lag?

I hope not! But if I'm to put the best RPG ever into one scenario, it will probably lag to you 500 mhz people. My computer is 1.13ghz and it works fine. You could use 256 MB Ram.

What if it does lag? What do I do?

Set resolution to 800X600, and Graphics to Low. Lower Brightness a bit, sound hardware acceleration lower.

How do you do all this? I want to know!

Visit Blackstorm Inventions. We've got a great database filled with many design articles, eye candy, and more!

Hope that answers most questions about Spartan 2, now waiting for more ideas!

[This message has been edited by Gaurdian112 (edited 05-28-2003 @ 10:53 AM).]

AuthorReplies:
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 21 June 2003 08:53 AM EDT (US)     51 / 62       
Done alot..ALOT already.
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 21 June 2003 09:09 AM EDT (US)     52 / 62       
HONOR SYSTEM UPDATES

I tested the "Honor" system, and it works fine, although a few bugs.

You start with 100 favor (honor), and I used an "Is Dead" effect.

Can you imagien the massive ammount of triggers? An Is Dead condition for every single unit..(over 200). When killed, you get -10 favor. When a mission is completed, you immediately get +10 favor.

When you're down to 0 favor, everyone becomes your enemy. Missions are cancelled, you're doomed.

Took me days and days to do it, some of the triggers don't work for some reason so I have to look them up all over again.

ARCADE SYSTEM

This is very hard to make, since the area I provided for the arcade is very small. Haven't done much on the arcade yet though.

MISSIONS

I changed something: you can now have unlimited RPG'in time. To talk to the Ephors and continue the game, you need 15,000 gold.

WEAPON/ARMOR BUYING
Problem: When you click on the villie to buy the armor/weapons, it keeps buying.

dutchpower
Mortal
posted 21 June 2003 09:34 AM EDT (US)     53 / 62       
I can't wait for it to come, but what's the role of that wolf in it?

-----------Dutchpower Out------------

Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 22 June 2003 03:33 AM EDT (US)     54 / 62       
The wolves have a HUGE part. I won't reveal their part though but I promise it WILL be entertaining!
El Moppo
Mortal
(id: C J)
posted 22 June 2003 10:31 AM EDT (US)     55 / 62       
About your upgrades that won't stop buying, I once had some walls that I upgraded, and the hp went up and up and up.... I simply turned off loop, try that....

][- ][_ . ][\/][ (()) ][) ][) (())
Angelcynn > Niwe Middangeard ~ Ic
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 23 June 2003 02:58 AM EDT (US)     56 / 62       
Thing is CJ if I turn off loop, they will only be able to buy once. I'm gonna try and make it so they have to click on like 5 things before they can buy, and reclick them all over again to buy again...
Byz
Mortal
(id: Byzantine_Warrior)
posted 23 June 2003 10:37 AM EDT (US)     57 / 62       
Trigger 0
Active: Yes
Run Immediatly: No
Loop: No

Condition:
If Player 1 has >= 500 gold
Object Villager selected

Effect:
Fire Event = Trigger1
Message: "Weapons upgraded. Lost 500 gold. Please wait 5 seconds to repurchase."
Set Tech: Iron Weapons = active

Trigger 1
Active: Yes
Run Immediatly: No
Loop: No

Condition:
If Player 1 has >= 500 gold
Object Villager selected
Timer = 5

Effect:
Fire Event = Trigger1
Message: "Weapons upgraded. Lost 500 gold. Please wait 5 seconds to repurchase."
Set Tech: Iron Weapons = active

That's similar to the upgrade system in Shilmista, and it works, so feel free to use it.

Byz
Tsunami Studios
"People are born to succeed, not fail." - Henry David Thoreau
Gaurdian_112
Banned
posted 23 June 2003 01:41 PM EDT (US)     58 / 62       
Thanks, I'll try that!
Hero Jason
Mortal
posted 19 July 2003 12:46 PM EDT (US)     59 / 62       
Is this still happening? It's been quiet around the news of it lately, and it sounds good.
Serpent_Viper
Mortal
posted 19 July 2003 01:02 PM EDT (US)     60 / 62       
Sounds awesome!

You know how you said that the buying doesn't work? Well I made a scn that it does work on. You can look at the triggers if there still is trouble. Tell me if you want it.

Mojo14
Mortal
posted 20 July 2003 02:25 AM EDT (US)     61 / 62       
*Waits for updates on abandoned project*
bo shek mafia ma
Mortal
posted 20 July 2003 04:49 AM EDT (US)     62 / 62       
Guardian is on holiday in the UK

Presenting...
Lord Of the Rings, by J.R.R. Tolkien
The Saga reproduced exclusively for Age Of Mythology
Coming soon..in Fall 04