You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2500 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 78 79 80 81 82 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
King Jared
Mortal
posted 15 January 2004 10:57 AM EDT (US)         
I, and I'm sure others, have noticed that a lot of forum space is occupied by threads asking questions about the various aspects of Age of Mythology scenario design. So to reduce the space taken up by these question threads in the forum, and to make it a little easier on those who diligently try to answer them all, I started this general question-and-answer thread.

So, post any question regarding triggers, units, mapping, modding... anything related to Age of Mythology, or just life in general, and we, the skilled designers in the AOMH community, will do out best to answer them.

Fire away.

I'm sure you've all noticed by now that the thread has had a quite unexpected level of success, and I see no reason to cut that success short. Keep asking your questions, and we'll keep answering them. I also want to thank all those who've taken it upon themselves to answer any and all questions posted here, namely AoMPlayer000 and oddy, as well as several others. Good work, lads.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 04-30-2004 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
ArcticWind7
Banned
posted 02 January 2005 09:52 AM EDT (US)     1976 / 2500       
I've tried, there maybe but i havn't found one
Mostly_Sane84
Mortal
posted 02 January 2005 10:48 AM EDT (US)     1977 / 2500       
How do you set up a trigger to increase the building/training/researching rates?

And finally, how would I set up triggers to grant resources based on a looping timer? Be very specific please, because I think there's one little element i'm missing.

Gea
Mortal
posted 02 January 2005 11:15 AM EDT (US)     1978 / 2500       
@tuska:

At the end of the "Fall of the Trident" campaign you have to build a wonder. Try to get that scenario in your editor and try to find out how ES did it.

Remember this when writing:
Suprise not others, but yourself

pftq
Mortal
posted 02 January 2005 02:09 PM EDT (US)     1979 / 2500       
No, they just told you to build one normally.

In the Guide to Editor Tips and Tricks is a thread with an answer to this: Create an excavation or similar (building that isn't finished by default), then change it to a Wonder.

@Mostly Sane - There's an effect called Rate Research etc.

Gea
Mortal
posted 02 January 2005 02:48 PM EDT (US)     1980 / 2500       
You're right pftq, I thought you got a wonder construction site, but you have to build one yourself.

Remember this when writing:
Suprise not others, but yourself

tuska
Mortal
posted 03 January 2005 06:51 AM EDT (US)     1981 / 2500       
Thanks a lot pftq, that's exactly what I needed.

Live and let die!
Mostly_Sane84
Mortal
posted 03 January 2005 09:07 AM EDT (US)     1982 / 2500       
I did see the effect called rate research, but for some reason it would not kick in on the map. I tried the always condition with the building rate set to 5 times normal and i was wondering if there was something I have checked. It tried with and without the active box, neither worked....

Same goes for the looping resources; I set it on a looping timer of 5 seconds, but nothing happened. Could someone also tell me what the NOT and OR boxes are for.

Neferti
Mortal
posted 03 January 2005 09:49 AM EDT (US)     1983 / 2500       
If you check the box with NOT, it means that none of the conditions have to be fulfilled to fire the effects.

If you check the box with OR, that means that one or more conditions have to be complied to fire the effects.

(srry for bad english)

[This message has been edited by Neferti (edited 01-03-2005 @ 09:50 AM).]

DuzraCrash
Mortal
posted 03 January 2005 12:16 PM EDT (US)     1984 / 2500       
Hi guys, I would like to upload some Screenshots here that ive taken of a "scenario" that I made, but the screenshots are a mess.. they dont have color its all a blue metalic color and its stretched and the screenshot is not taken from the middle of the screen... Remeber im on a MACINTOSH but if anyone knows about this please help. ps. My Screenshot quiality and settings are set right so I dont know what causes this. ?

Why do we kill people, who kill people to show that KILLING is bad?
Geniet
Mortal
posted 03 January 2005 03:38 PM EDT (US)     1985 / 2500       
Hello! I'm new here and I have many questions to ask about Age of Mythology.

I come from Sweden and I'm not so good at english, so excuse my spelling. I hope that this webside will help me to be better.

My first question is how I will make objects smaller/bigger, like Guardian_112 has did with some buildings in his scenerio "Birthright".

An other question is about "invoke God power". It doesn't work. I know that the player who will invoke the power have the power and a LOS of the area wich I want to invoke the power on. But it doesn't work... Not even a bolt power.

My last question is about the camera pitch... I have already download something by Reyk, but I don't know where I will place it and what for keys I'll press to pitch the camera.

I hope you could help me, and understand this... =)

Gerbs
Mortal
(id: gerbil30)
posted 03 January 2005 04:06 PM EDT (US)     1986 / 2500       
Welcome!

To make things bigger, press K to enlarge, and Shift and K to shrink. (This only works if you have the Titans by the way)

Make sure the player has the god power first off, so have a 'Grant God Power' effect, then an 'Inkvoke God Power' one.

(The Titans) Press Ctrl-Alt-C to unlock the camera. You can then press the + and - buttons to zoom in and out. Press A or Z to move the pitch up and down.

To use Reyks Mod unzip the file, then it should have an auto-installer. If i remember rightly, you should get a read-me and a window come up explaining all of its features. If you have trouble, look at these.

Oh and if you have a question please dont make a 'Question' thread. thank you. And well done on actually posting here instead of making a 'Question' thread.

Good Luck on your first scenario when you make it.

i will only complicate you - trust in me and fall as well
Geniet
Mortal
posted 03 January 2005 04:44 PM EDT (US)     1987 / 2500       
Thanks! =) Well... It's not my first scenario, but my first RPG scenario.

Yes... I will keep me to this thread when I have some questions to ask.

Thank you again!

New member of Tsunami Studios

The Relic of Water (4.3) | The Relic of Darkness (4.6)
Quam-diu prudentiam habeis, victoria non procul est!

Geniet
pftq
Mortal
posted 03 January 2005 06:34 PM EDT (US)     1988 / 2500       
@Mostly Sane:

Active means whether or not the trigger is ON. So you need that checked.

Try checking the box next to RUN IMMEDIATELY.

I'm not sure what units the Rate ---- effects go by so try higher numbers. I know it works because I did 999 once and everything was uber fast.

About the Loop timer - if you don't have it on Highest Priority (slider to right), it'll be a little delayed.

Also make sure you haven't done anything that stops all the triggers in your scenario including:
- Using ""s or other uncommon characters in Send chat etc.

I believe a link is in the Guide to Editor Tips and Tricks thread pinned on this forum.

Ashtoro
Mortal
posted 03 January 2005 06:39 PM EDT (US)     1989 / 2500       
    Two questions.
  1. For the effect 'unit heading', I know it makes the unit rotate or whatever from the 360 degree thingy and such. My question is the number you put in change the units current position(So if you had 90 every second it would be spinning around), or in accordance to North(So in the above example it would always face the same direction)?
  2. I know that Unit Create doesn't work for Online play, for whatever reason, and you must use Army Deploy. My question is, how do you use it?

-- Ashtoro
Current Project - Progress {Map/Trg/Eye/Cin/Test}
Nothin' really, just fooling around.
pftq
Mortal
posted 03 January 2005 07:19 PM EDT (US)     1990 / 2500       
1) No, if it's already at 90 degrees, it's just gonna look the same. The units sort of "snap" to that direction. You don't see any rotating. Which is why I sometimes use move to point instead.

2)That's kinda like asking how to use Unit Create. What I mean is that you can't really explain it. You gotta try things out.

But I'll try my best: Make an army. An army is basically a group JUST for the editor. If you don't want units in the group YET, use Ghost Armies. For Nature, place a chicken, make it an army, and have a trigger destroy that chicken. You'll end up with a Nature Army with no Units. Armies again can only have 30 units max INCLUDING dead units. Other units deployed will not be included in the army. They'll still be deployed. To reset to 0 and exclude all current units from the army, have the CLEAR button pressed before deploying. It'll clear the army (start the army fresh with no units) while adding the deployed units to the army.

So then you basically select which army you want the deployed units to be deployed under. Choose which direction they will face (HEADING), and then how many you want of that unit. (YES, you can deploy more than one unit in an area - they'll end up side by side or in a group).

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 01-04-2005 @ 00:42 AM).]

Ashtoro
Mortal
posted 03 January 2005 07:57 PM EDT (US)     1991 / 2500       
1. That's not exactly what I asked, if you had a trigger looped every second with Unit Heading at 90, would it stay facing the same way after the first second until whenever, or will it snap into the four directions accordingly per second?

2. Right.... let's not make Multiplayer Blood Scenarios...

-- Ashtoro
Current Project - Progress {Map/Trg/Eye/Cin/Test}
Nothin' really, just fooling around.
The Vandhaal
Mortal
posted 03 January 2005 08:30 PM EDT (US)     1992 / 2500       
Great this thread almost tops the 2000 !!

Aomplayer and Oddy have managed to top the 1000 and now Pftq
is the one who is the most active here and he will help this thread to top the 2000.

In advance great job Pftq (and ofcourse the others who help out here) !!!

I still wonder why this thread got unstickied...I think everyone will agree that this is the most succesfull thread in this community and the posted content has a great value and a high quality !!

So maybe the Mods will reconsider its stickieness or better said the lack of it right now

Best regards,

The Vandhaal

p.s. King jared you should update the main text when it tops the 2000 and put Pftq name up there...he deserves it !

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]
pftq
Mortal
posted 04 January 2005 00:41 AM EDT (US)     1993 / 2500       
Erm, ok . . . lol

@Ashtoro: I meant after 30 units, they don't get included as "part of the army". I don't mean they don't get deployed.

About #1 - I think so if I understand you. The unit can't be moving though.

[This message has been edited by pftq (edited 01-04-2005 @ 00:42 AM).]

Neferti
Mortal
posted 04 January 2005 03:50 AM EDT (US)     1994 / 2500       
Hi all!

I got a question about some effect.
What I want to do, is that when my hero get injured, he should be bleeding.

So far am I:

Condition:
every 15 sec loop
(will be more than one trigger I know, thats no problem)

Effect:
Thats the problem. I got the (halftranslated)german editor, so I think I canīt use none of the new triggerpacks that were announced here.
It should be something like "create unit near unit"?

Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 04 January 2005 07:14 AM EDT (US)     1995 / 2500       
Hail to all
Can someone pls help me with the AI of computer opponents getting apart when playing on larger than 500X500 maps?
I've read of the bigland AI mod, but haven't installed it yet cause I'm afraid that'll screw up the game.
Is there some other AI mod I could use, or do I have to use the biglandAI -even though it's creator warns that it might cause some problem or not work properly?
I've already asked this with the moders, but perhaps here I'll also find help, or maybe a different solution.
thanks in advance
tuska
Mortal
posted 04 January 2005 07:43 AM EDT (US)     1996 / 2500       
Another question. In a map I have one TC for every player. When the game starts, they get those initial villagers + scouts/pharaoh/etc from TC. I don't want them to get those. I tried making a trigger to kill all the units near TC's after 2 seconds. Only problem is atlantean oracles. Last of them comes out after 20 seconds, so that trick doesn't work. Is there any way to prevent them getting those initial units?

Live and let die!
beekay
Mortal
(id: black_knight_101)
posted 04 January 2005 08:01 AM EDT (US)     1997 / 2500       
^^^
Condition: Always

Effect: Tech Status (or whatever it is) = Starting units Greek/Eggy/Norse/Atty = unobtainable.

this will make sure they don't get 'em.

sig

[This message has been edited by black_knight_101 (edited 01-04-2005 @ 08:02 AM).]

ArcticWind7
Banned
posted 04 January 2005 08:05 AM EDT (US)     1998 / 2500       
There is a triger in some newXtriggers that does this....

also you could just do the above...

(the effect name is: Set Tech Statis)

oddy
Mortal
posted 04 January 2005 08:13 AM EDT (US)     1999 / 2500       

Quoted from The Vandhaal:

p.s. King jared you should update the main text when it tops the 2000 and put Pftq name up there...he deserves it!

He does indeed.

I'm afraid I am / will be becoming very inactive at this forum, so my question is: will somebody be taking over the task to annoy every person who calls a condition or an effect a trigger? Thank you.

A condition is not a trigger.
An effect is not a trigger.
A trigger is a combination of one or more conditions and effects.
It causes effects to happen if and when conditions are met.
Period.
ArcticWind7
Banned
posted 04 January 2005 08:24 AM EDT (US)     2000 / 2500       
Okay i will
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 78 79 80 81 82 ··· 90 ··· 100  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames