You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2500 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 88 89 90 91 92 ··· 100  Next Page »
King Jared
Mortal
posted 15 January 2004 10:57 AM EDT (US)         
I, and I'm sure others, have noticed that a lot of forum space is occupied by threads asking questions about the various aspects of Age of Mythology scenario design. So to reduce the space taken up by these question threads in the forum, and to make it a little easier on those who diligently try to answer them all, I started this general question-and-answer thread.

So, post any question regarding triggers, units, mapping, modding... anything related to Age of Mythology, or just life in general, and we, the skilled designers in the AOMH community, will do out best to answer them.

Fire away.

I'm sure you've all noticed by now that the thread has had a quite unexpected level of success, and I see no reason to cut that success short. Keep asking your questions, and we'll keep answering them. I also want to thank all those who've taken it upon themselves to answer any and all questions posted here, namely AoMPlayer000 and oddy, as well as several others. Good work, lads.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 04-30-2004 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
JohnnyBoy117
Mortal
posted 20 February 2005 08:35 AM EDT (US)     2226 / 2500       
wait so only the animation for one character works?? meaning if i cant use a chiron anim for arkantos??
Hessu
Mortal
posted 20 February 2005 11:16 AM EDT (US)     2227 / 2500       
I got simple question. What is Old man's portrait or do he even got? I got reyks new editor but I still didn't found the portrait.
Canadian_Bro
Mortal
posted 20 February 2005 12:40 PM EDT (US)     2228 / 2500       
Hey guys... gota little question.... about triggers.... would u mind posting a small list about simple triggers... how to use them and where i can use them and whre i find them?

thanks alot
Canadian_Bro

JohnnyBoy117
Mortal
posted 20 February 2005 03:30 PM EDT (US)     2229 / 2500       
being a noob myself i found some useful tutorials at http://aom.heavengames.com/scendesign/advanced/trig1
and a little question of my own,
does reyk or anyone have a tool to change a units size for regular AOM?

ok i know that this is a modding question but it seems to me that the modding fourums are dead

how do you change the weapons and sheilds and stuff like that on a unit?
im making a spartan with arkantos or ajax so im gonna need to add a hoplite sheild to arkantos or replace ajax's sheild with hoplite sheild, what do i do?

[This message has been edited by JohnnyBoy117 (edited 02-20-2005 @ 03:47 PM).]

pftq
Mortal
posted 20 February 2005 05:21 PM EDT (US)     2230 / 2500       
@Johnny: Yup. I dunno where you got the idea that Arkantos could become Chiron.

@hessu: He's a military unit or something like that. He's an infantry. Check that part of the list

@Canadian_Bro: Go to the Advanced section of teh Scen Design library of AOM (not in forums, in the main site). One of the trigger guides is a list of triggers and what they do.

Oscar
Mortal
posted 20 February 2005 06:22 PM EDT (US)     2231 / 2500       

Quote:

@hessu: He's a military unit or something like that. He's an infantry. Check that part of the list

Both tbarak and me have already tried to find the old man's icon, all in vain....

http://aom.heavengames.com/cgi-bin/forums/display.cgi?action=ct&f=13,20102,,all

RAF The Dragon Cult Empires Fallen City AOM TT SCIPIO 1.1 LOTB The Lost Legion The Guardians Adventurers 1&2&3
Proud member of no ****ing clan
_
_|_|_
|_|_|_|
|_|

rest in peace Compy (February 2001, May 2006)
Scenario Editor Screens
pftq
Mortal
posted 20 February 2005 06:57 PM EDT (US)     2232 / 2500       
I could swear I used the Old Man icon in one of my scenarios though - let me check what I put. Seriously, it's there - I know it.
King_Of_Bling
Mortal
posted 20 February 2005 07:00 PM EDT (US)     2233 / 2500       
Hey Anyone who answers this im a noob 2 the whole modding and campaign making scene and was wondering if anyone needs an apprentice? im a quick learner thanks
JohnnyBoy117
Mortal
posted 20 February 2005 07:35 PM EDT (US)     2234 / 2500       
well for the chiron arkantos thing i was gonan use chirons hind leg kick on arkantos....then i realized arkantos only has 2 legs and thought it would bee cool to see what happens.

where can i get a tool to change unit size?? i dont have titians

darkenedwolf
Mortal
posted 21 February 2005 03:41 AM EDT (US)     2235 / 2500       
O.K.................problemo for a hero! I made a scenario over half term, using the Titan scenarios as the base for my cake. I made sucessful movie shots, and then when it came to watch the final thing it....went WRONG!!!!!!!!!

THIS IS WHAT HAPPENED>>>>>>>>>>>>> >
-first, camera zooms in onto gate (of Troy) Kastor & General M cum through and stand in front of a big ditch in the ground, full of lava & a Behemoth enjoying his dinner of Kraken tentacles. As soon as K & GM stop, a Murmillo cums through the gate and stands next to K. Switchs to nxt shot, where u r look at the back of K, GM & the M. GM says There she is....DEN IT FREEZES!!!!

-it is supposed 2 switch to the nxt movie shot of the Behemoth ripping apart the Kraken tentacles....as you have probably guessed, it didn't. It just froze as soon as GM said 'there she is'.

-All the connections are fine (the connections to the nxt triggers.
-there are no anims, so nothing could have gone wrong dere...........
-i think it could be to do with flaming setting 'ACTIVE'
-or it could be 2 do with the fact that there is ONLY the subtitle 'there she is' and NO SOUND
-or, it could be because the connection is made between dialogue and shot 3
-or it could be because i am rubbish at this thing....................................... oh well!

smilie
Mortal
posted 21 February 2005 07:25 AM EDT (US)     2236 / 2500       
Another question. I want to use a quest var in the 'timer' condition of a trigger, but I can't make it working. Is it impossible, or does anyone know a solution?

[This message has been edited by smilie (edited 02-21-2005 @ 07:25 AM).]

The Vandhaal
Mortal
posted 21 February 2005 08:49 AM EDT (US)     2237 / 2500       
Hello All,

I have a question so I post it here

Here is the situation:

One of the scenarios from my campaign ends with a branch scenario effect....so the next scenario can be skipped.

well if I test it ,it skips not the just the following scenario but the following 2 scenarios. If I return to the campaign menu both scenarios are visible and can be launched !

The campaign file is set up correctly (triple checked it)

So in my point of view the following stuff can cause the mail function.

1)The campaign file itself is corrupted (I doubt it).

2)The branch scenario effect is messed up and corrupted

3)or... the problem is caused by a scenario set to a different playernumber then player one (but I cannot belief this is the problem).

4) or.......

Ofcourse I can sort this out the hard way (by trial and error) however it would save me some time if perhaps somebody has experienced this before or can shed some light on the situation.....

best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]

[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 02-21-2005 @ 08:51 AM).]

annihilator2000
Mortal
posted 21 February 2005 05:06 PM EDT (US)     2238 / 2500       
darkenedwolf- Perhaps you or your enemy do not have any units or anything and you win/lose during the cinematic, the game ends, and you can't do anything because you are still in cinematic mode. I've had problems with this before, just make sure both you and at least one enemy has a unit(put one in the corner or something).

ESO: Space_man
AoE3 Cinematics:
Death by Natives and The Last Scenario Designer
Project announcement coming soon!
JohnnyBoy117
Mortal
posted 22 February 2005 09:14 AM EDT (US)     2239 / 2500       
hey
im trying to make a senerio where you select the unit to make them talk and i got recordings but wen i loop it the recording just goes off a million times, how do i stop that?
pftq
Mortal
posted 22 February 2005 10:43 AM EDT (US)     2240 / 2500       
That's because you STILL have the unit selected. If you're gonna loop it, also include the "Clear Unit Selection" effect (SNXT download).

That effect clears whatever you have selected - that way, it'll only fire the trigger once every time you select.

JohnnyBoy117
Mortal
posted 22 February 2005 12:37 PM EDT (US)     2241 / 2500       
thanks
i should post my senerio is so funny and has some cool eye candy, well i think so,

do you know if there is an eye-candy trick to make flooded farms with irrigation and sprinklers?

also i have the funniest sound, when you select a kniw he says "we are the knights who say.....ni"!!!!

Gerbs
Mortal
(id: gerbil30)
posted 22 February 2005 02:27 PM EDT (US)     2242 / 2500       
shrink some fountains, and try some Unit Heading affects to chang direcion of spray?

flooded farms..hmm maybe some marsh terrain to give it a waterlogged look?

i will only complicate you - trust in me and fall as well
JohnnyBoy117
Mortal
posted 22 February 2005 04:32 PM EDT (US)     2243 / 2500       
well for flooded farms i used the city tile water thing, the completely blue one and fountains i just used a patch tilted it and put it on a stone fence with a city tile of pipes behind it
pftq
Mortal
posted 22 February 2005 06:01 PM EDT (US)     2244 / 2500       
Make some water and use the "Move Object" to drag them into the underwater.

There's also a certain level of water where it's just deep enough for units to walk in and out of - but not swim (boats).

The Vandhaal
Mortal
posted 23 February 2005 05:01 AM EDT (US)     2245 / 2500       
Does anyone have a clue for my branch scenrio effect problem ?....see my post below.

Or has it never happend to anyone ?

best regards,

The Vandhaal

BEST REGARDS,
THE VANDHAAL

El Vandhaal tiene gusto de las mujeres atractivas que usan los talones altos y las medias cosidas | Le Vandhaal qui aime les femmes qui portent des talons hauts et bas cousus.
HG moderators if you feel paranoid then translate the above here
More: ((( THE VANDHAAL WEBSITE)))(((STEAM VANDHAAL AOM EE COLLECTION)))(((VANDHAAL BLOG)))
[This message has been edited by The Vandhaal (edited 12-31-2999 @ 23:59 PM).]
Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 23 February 2005 06:51 AM EDT (US)     2246 / 2500       
* sorry Vandhaal, I don't have a clue.

* as for flooded farms, I think there was a guide on the matter. Anyways, 2 ways to do it and this is my opinion:
a) try painting different terrain under the farms (I liked the marsh ones, and the underwater plants thing-can't remember what it's called right now)
b) put down some water (if you don't use something "crossable", you'll have to raise terrain in order to make it crossable but still keep it "submerged" i.e. the water level above terrrain level), then put down the farm elsewhere and drag-drop with Reyk's editor onto the water you've prepared.
Finally, add some eyecandy like plants, etc.
I think that covers it all.

pftq
Mortal
posted 23 February 2005 10:46 AM EDT (US)     2247 / 2500       
JohnnyBoy117
Mortal
posted 23 February 2005 10:56 AM EDT (US)     2248 / 2500       
can someone tell me how to make a trigger like reyk's clear unit selection?? i dont have TT
Slickman_G
Mortal
posted 23 February 2005 12:57 PM EDT (US)     2249 / 2500       
get the new triggers thing for aom by reyk in the dl section

(`.`....`.)
(.`Slick G`.)
(`.`....`.)
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 23 February 2005 04:31 PM EDT (US)     2250 / 2500       
Well, about the old man icon question, which is still unanswerd after days of silence. Have you guys looked what the old man icon looks like in game? No? Because if you have, you should have seen that the old man icon is the same as the icon for a greek villager, so there is no need for an seperate old man icon for play dialog effects.

I got a question as well: I want to give buildings like barracks and temple (which have no build limit, or the limit is so high you never reach it) a build limit of 3. But I am not sure how to do it.

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 88 89 90 91 92 ··· 100  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames