You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Scenario Design
Moderated by Yeebaagooon, TAG, nottud

Hop to:    
Welcome! You are not logged in. Please Login or Register.2500 replies, Closed
Age of Mythology Heaven » Forums » Scenario Design » Have a question? Post it here!
Bottom
Topic Subject:Have a question? Post it here!
« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 96 97 98 99 100  Next Page »
King Jared
Mortal
posted 15 January 2004 10:57 AM EDT (US)         
I, and I'm sure others, have noticed that a lot of forum space is occupied by threads asking questions about the various aspects of Age of Mythology scenario design. So to reduce the space taken up by these question threads in the forum, and to make it a little easier on those who diligently try to answer them all, I started this general question-and-answer thread.

So, post any question regarding triggers, units, mapping, modding... anything related to Age of Mythology, or just life in general, and we, the skilled designers in the AOMH community, will do out best to answer them.

Fire away.

I'm sure you've all noticed by now that the thread has had a quite unexpected level of success, and I see no reason to cut that success short. Keep asking your questions, and we'll keep answering them. I also want to thank all those who've taken it upon themselves to answer any and all questions posted here, namely AoMPlayer000 and oddy, as well as several others. Good work, lads.

Your Divine Overlord
KING JARED
Aw, hell, I dunno, she had some tig-ole-bitties, d'int she?
big.vitt@gmail.com

[This message has been edited by King Jared (edited 04-30-2004 @ 04:27 PM).]

AuthorReplies:
Neferti
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 06:03 AM EDT (US)     2426 / 2500       
thx!

for answering the thing about quest vars

I would need a more detail system for giving gold as in quest vars.
But its almoust impossible to make this for gold.

I meant that you look at the end of the scenario, how many gold has the player gathered and then give him at the start of the next scenario the same amount.

~me very tired, need much coffee~~~~~~

khromosone
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 06:41 AM EDT (US)     2427 / 2500       
how does one make someone bigger and smaller in editor in aom nox? is it possible with a mod? if so a link?
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 08:54 AM EDT (US)     2428 / 2500       
select a unit:

k = larger
ctrl k = smaller

Reinfire
--Retired Scenario Designer--
Everybody needs to beleive in something. I beleive I will have another beer
Abyssal_Nuclei
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 09:38 AM EDT (US)     2429 / 2500       
@Anastasoulis

I want to make a trigger that will make it seem that Natural Disasters are occuring randomly over the entire map.

So I made a Trigger, set loop and run immediatly. Then for conditions I made Timer 60 (1 min). That is the easy part, the hard part is the actual effect, for the effect I tried to use Invoke God power but I realized I would have to edit it, so I tried, and failed so far... If you want to see what I came up with then go: here to my other topic.

Gwaiahir
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 12:38 PM EDT (US)     2430 / 2500       
I have two questions:

1) In several scenarios I have seen a timer come up on the right hand side of the screen (case in point: Scenario 1 of Fall of the Trident, "atlantean army: x number of leagues away"). How can I do this, but also with numbers (i.e. a countdown)?

2) Is there a way to have dialog in-game (out of cinematic) without using "send chat" or "send spoofed chat"? Is it possible to do this without having the player name come up with it? What I mean is, if for example I want 'Bob' to say 'Hi' without having 'Bob's Team: Bob: Hi' come up?

I apologise if tese questions have been asked before.

Gerbs
Mortal
(id: gerbil30)
posted 07 April 2005 04:29 PM EDT (US)     2431 / 2500       
spoofed chat dosent come up with the team name IIRC.

oh, and i vote that PTFQ should have the hour of opening the next HAQ?PIH! thread.

i will only complicate you - trust in me and fall as well

[This message has been edited by gerbs (edited 04-07-2005 @ 04:30 PM).]

khromosone
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 05:16 PM EDT (US)     2432 / 2500       
Reinfire: it doesnt work...

do you need a mod to use it?
is it aot only ? or can it be done in aom?

and for the ppl who dont know the question.. how do you make units smallers... im pressing k and shift+k and its not working =/

pftq
Mortal
posted 07 April 2005 10:38 PM EDT (US)     2433 / 2500       
It's AOT only.

Quote:

1) In several scenarios I have seen a timer come up on the right hand side of the screen (case in point: Scenario 1 of Fall of the Trident, "atlantean army: x number of leagues away"). How can I do this, but also with numbers (i.e. a countdown)?

2) Is there a way to have dialog in-game (out of cinematic) without using "send chat" or "send spoofed chat"? Is it possible to do this without having the player name come up with it? What I mean is, if for example I want 'Bob' to say 'Hi' without having 'Bob's Team: Bob: Hi' come up?

I apologise if tese questions have been asked before.

1) Counter Add Timer effect

2) This is what Spoofed Chat is for. The only thing that attaches to Spoofed Chat is the color of the player.

Laughing Wolf
Mortal
posted 08 April 2005 00:14 AM EDT (US)     2434 / 2500       
I was wondering how to go about creating underworld passages that transport units to each other. I have tried a few combinations of triggers but can't wuite get it. An advice would be appreciated. Thanks.
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 08 April 2005 06:47 AM EDT (US)     2435 / 2500       
This can only be done when it is invoked as a godpower. Make sure that both points are in the players LOS.

@khromosone. Perhaps it only works with TT, I dont know, because I never played vanilla

Reinfire

[This message has been edited by Reinfire (edited 04-08-2005 @ 06:49 AM).]

Anastasoulis
Mortal
posted 08 April 2005 06:53 AM EDT (US)     2436 / 2500       
@ Abyssal_Nuclei,
Now this is a good topic and there are several ways you can go about it. Firstly you must remember that in order to cast a GP (meteor lets say), that player must have the GP available and sight of the casting place.
So I'd suggest to place on the map various types of cinematic blocks and use those as LOS objects for the player in question and also as "casting points" (centre points where the GP will be cast).
You should read Auron's Cinematic Block & Invisible Objects Guide (found at http://aom.heavengames.com/downloads/showfile.php?fileid=3876&ci=6bf472928f4077ac91c0c2b683bda1a9ZjOEPqCQtfnfEIXH7e/SpXcSJeSoDR0BepK11X1YfBeVYCuBSc/T3Orh8shKNWnlpQj+HS 5FsmVLIwGAdtp9ghoVfdvi7SjpfD5D0c9MSEltTEsUm28577SBZoUZ) and you'll get the drift.
Then, after you have all the centre points on the map, it's just trigger work to grant GPs and cast them exactly where you want them.
Also you can change cinematic blocks to rain and back again at various intervals, to produce a rain effect, etc...

@ Laughing Wolf,
the best way to do it is sky passages friendly to the player, cause underworld passage is a GP and can be properly invoked only as such via trigger work.

regards

Laughing Wolf
Mortal
posted 08 April 2005 10:47 AM EDT (US)     2437 / 2500       
Actually I was wondering how to make them in the editor not as a GP but already present and waiting to be used. I should have been more specific, but using it as a GP is another option I didn't think of.

It seems to require some complex trigger work and I can't quite figure it out. Thanks for your quick replies.

Gwaiahir
Mortal
posted 08 April 2005 11:58 AM EDT (US)     2438 / 2500       
Thank you so much, all of you

One more question:
How do you get different music to play apart from the default track of the civilization?

[img]http://swgb.heavengames.com/forums/happy.gif[/img] Mae Govannen! [img]http://swgb.heavengames.com/forums/happy.gif[/img]

My current project is:
The Battle against the Dark Alliance
See here for more info
ch0me
Mortal
posted 08 April 2005 03:24 PM EDT (US)     2439 / 2500       
What and were is the view animation thing and how do u use it in the editor

Revenge Progress-57% Story-
"Long ago I ,the rightful heir to the throne of Aranna, was banned from Aranna by my own father in order to keep his own reign of power continuing. Now I,Velos, have returned to Aranna to claim what is mine and end my fathers reign as a cruel tyrant."

TitanHeart
Banned
posted 08 April 2005 04:47 PM EDT (US)     2440 / 2500       
View Animations can be found in the cinematic dropdown menu. Once you have selected a unit, you can test the animations, and add different sounds.
pftq
Mortal
posted 08 April 2005 06:23 PM EDT (US)     2441 / 2500       

Quote:

How do you get different music to play apart from the default track of the civilization?

Use the effect "Set Current Music Set" before Music Play. The code for each music set has yet to be listed, so try each one and see what you like.

ch0me
Mortal
posted 08 April 2005 08:01 PM EDT (US)     2442 / 2500       
what editor do i need to view animations

Revenge Progress-57% Story-
"Long ago I ,the rightful heir to the throne of Aranna, was banned from Aranna by my own father in order to keep his own reign of power continuing. Now I,Velos, have returned to Aranna to claim what is mine and end my fathers reign as a cruel tyrant."

I am here now
Inactive
posted 10 April 2005 03:23 AM EDT (US)     2443 / 2500       
OK, I read a load of your Trigger guides and made the following: I have a scenario with the god Osiris surrounded by a Boulder Wall and near a Plenty Vault (both are Gaia). If the player manages to co through the Boulder Wall and claim the Vault for themselves, then Osiris will be theirs to control (there is also the titan Prometheus in the scenario and Osiris is the only unit who can kill him, I believe - Gaia and Kronos will fight him forever and the Poseidon Statue and the Osiris Guardian or whatever it is will die eventually). I made a group of Osiris and the Vault and an Army for each separately. I made 6 Vault Army Owned conditions for players 1-6 with OR on and 6 Osiris Army Convert Effects for players 1-6. However, even when I owned the Plennty Vault when playtesting the scenario as Palyer 1 in Easy Mode, Osiris remained defiantly Gaia! He did not attack outright, but only if attacked, and killed everyone pretty much.
I have full Hi under Triggers and Active, Loop and Run Immediately all ticked if that is where the problem is.

Also, how can I make a condition that says that as soon as Prometheus is dead, Osiris will also die?

Please help!!!

Also, please no comments about just how rubbish this Scenario is - I am only starting out and this is just for practice of Triggers, really.

Another thing: to make Osiris and Prometheus (also encased in Boulder Walls, by the way) fight their ways out? Make the Walls be owned by a player (say, Player 7, seeing as there are only 6) instead of Gaia as well?

I am here now
Inactive
posted 10 April 2005 03:23 AM EDT (US)     2444 / 2500       
Also, how do you add Relics to custom scenarios? I am confused :S.
Reinfire
Mortal
posted 10 April 2005 03:34 AM EDT (US)     2445 / 2500       
ch0me : Reyks editor 3.0 allows you wo view animations.

I am here now : Try changing the effects to Unit convert, that may work better. Also dont forget to loop the triggers

Relics are objects and are in the object list. You can place them like every other object.

Reinfire
I am here now
Inactive
posted 10 April 2005 04:25 AM EDT (US)     2446 / 2500       
I'm afraid it didn't work. I had Loop on both times and used Convert with the Unit Osiris selected and with Run Immediately on and off and both didn't work: all that happened is that after you captured the Plenty Vault Osiris would stop attacking you, whether you were attacking him or not (you still could) but remained Gaia, although the ring around him changed from gold to yellow when selected.
I am here now
Inactive
posted 10 April 2005 04:53 AM EDT (US)     2447 / 2500       
Anyone know what I did wrong? Am I meant to connect the Conditions and Effects in some way? If so, how? Or are they just connected by their order in the list?
richygorgan
Mortal
posted 10 April 2005 06:23 AM EDT (US)     2448 / 2500       
i want a relic to be a certain relic so i used this trigger(relic force) to change it but it didnt work
bboy link
Mortal
posted 10 April 2005 08:29 AM EDT (US)     2449 / 2500       
hey i have a question, everytime i get a map in multiplayer i can't host i myself cuz i can't find it anywhere only in editor, howcome ?
pftq
Mortal
posted 10 April 2005 03:52 PM EDT (US)     2450 / 2500       
richygorgan: Make sure you have the relic selected. Then make sure you choose out of the list, something that begins with "Relic".

bboy link: On game type, scroll to Scenario.

« Previous Page  1 ··· 10 ··· 20 ··· 30 ··· 40 ··· 50 ··· 60 ··· 70 ··· 80 ··· 90 ··· 96 97 98 99 100  Next Page »
You must be logged in to post messages.
Please login or register

Hop to:    

Age of Mythology Heaven | HeavenGames